Toddler Burned with Hot Wax, Airlifted to Tampa General for Treatment

SPRING HILL – A 18-month old little girl is being airlifted to a Tampa General Hospital, after officials say she suffered burns over an undisclosed portion of her body.

Fire Rescue responded to a residence on Gates Circle, after receiving reports that the toddler grabbed a plate of hot wax and poured it over her body. The severity of her injuries has not been released by officials at this time.

We will bring more on this story once Fire Rescue officials release a full report.

Comments
  • I will pray for all and I agree that people are too quick to judge situations that they have no clue what happened…

Saturday, 28 April 2018, 11:40 pm
  • ok yes children are quick i could see if she ran and fell but hot wax. as a parent of teenagers i have to say they stood save because me and my wife took extra steps to keep our children safe . like when you boil water stay with it and keep it on back burner.hot wax way out of children reach and always keep an eye on it.just like when you block you outlets from little hands do the same with anything dangerous.our children mean everything to this world.please parents start using your heads.

Saturday, 28 April 2018, 9:46 am
  • SMH SEEMS LIKE WHEN U WERE YOUNGER SOME ONE WASENT WATCHING YOU .. BECAUSE ,SOMETHING HAD TO HAVE MADE YOU SO NASTY……..FALL ON YOUR HEAD???

Friday, 27 April 2018, 3:45 pm
  • My heart goes out to mom and child. This will probably scar her for life. Kids are quick, accidents happen. Prayers <3

Friday, 27 April 2018, 11:24 am
  • Praying for God’s healing hand to the baby and the family

Friday, 27 April 2018, 5:08 am
  • Prayers for the parents and child! I’ve raised 3 kids of my own and helped raise 2 others. Kids are quick!

Friday, 27 April 2018, 1:17 am
  • sending healing prayers for the baby and baby’s family.

Thursday, 26 April 2018, 10:20 pm
  • Its a little ignorant saying no one was watching her… Many people have wax warmers all over their homes. It takes a split second for a toddler to pull one down. I do not kmow this family at all but i am a mom and a grandma and i know that watching my grandson who is 19 months old i watch him like a hawk but i also cook and clean while he is playing i am not holding his hand the entire day. Kids play!!! That’s why our wax warmers are filled with a soy wax that cools to the touch. He toiched one the other day and nothing..my heart goes out to this family i pray this baby is ok!!!

Thursday, 26 April 2018, 10:03 pm
  • I hope everyone can refrain from Mom-Bashing at least until all the facts are in. People seem to sit like vultures waiting to consume the next poor soul who ends up in the newspaper. I hope that “ALWAYS AMAZED” has stopped shaking her or his head and has spent some time bowing it in prayer. Regardless of the circumstances, Mom and baby will certainly need those prayers.

Thursday, 26 April 2018, 9:55 pm
  • Prayers for the baby and family..

Thursday, 26 April 2018, 8:10 pm
  • Poor little baby this is why I could never do the medical field,cheers to those that do!

Thursday, 26 April 2018, 7:11 pm
  • sounds like no one was watching her! SMH

Thursday, 26 April 2018, 6:48 pm
    • It takes two seconds for a child to do something like that. You can watch a child while something bad like that happens and not even have enough time to stop it. She might have even fell into something causing it to spill on her. Don’t be a jerk!

Friday, 27 April 2018, 1:12 am