Toddler Critically Injured After Struck by Car on Mariner Blvd – UPDATE

SPRING HILL – A little girls is fighting for her life this evening, after she was struck by a car on Mariner Blvd north of Claymore Street.

An official report has not been released, but according to our sources, a 4-year-old little girl was breathing but unresponsive when rescue personnel arrive on the scene.

One witness told RNRF that the little girl was possibly autistic and that she ran from a neighboring residence into oncoming traffic, however that information cannot be confirmed at this time.

Another witness said she ran outside after hearing the crash and placed a blanket on the little girl, until fire rescue could arrive on scene.

The toddler was transported by ground to Bayonet Point Hospital, after suffering head trauma and several broken bones.

The original call was reported as a hit and run, but officials have changed that status to an accident with injuries. There is no information available at this time on the driver who struck the little girl.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

UPDATE: 5/13/2015, 12:01 AM – The Florida Highway Patrol has released a preliminary report, regarding Tuesday’s tragic accident.
According to reports, the victim, 4-year-old Harmony Johnson ran across Mariner Blvd into the path of a Ford Expedition, driven by 35-year-old Lisa Antonelli. Johnson has been transferred to All Children’s Hospital in St. Petersburg, where her condition is listed as critical.

UPDATE: 5/13/2015, 9:00 AM – Officials say the little girl’s condition improved overnight. She is now listed as Stable.

UPDATE: Brian Hendrickson created a GoFundme page to help raise money for the family of Harmonie Johnson. Follow this link if you would like to make a donation: HELP HARMONIE.

Child 1 Child 2 child 3 child 4 Child 5

Comments
  • I love my children very much I would never say ok I leave her yes I had anxiety of everything that happened but to call me outta character an assume I’m a pos I’m not nor am I bad my daughter wanted to play in the rain I wouldn’t let her go out the back door as it was lightning I was talking to devyn ran after harmonie then ran outside I felt split in half with one child watching as trying to help another I ran inside like I said to make sure my son was safe as well as my daughter should I loose my children no it was a freak accident an I’m sorry it happened my focus now is my baby girl to get better not ppl assume

Saturday, 16 May 2015, 6:52 pm
  • Aimee I was there I was trying to keep my son inside who watched this happen as I ran inside to get all her Medicaid cards an a towel an get someone to sit with devyn yes I was distraught I watched my daughter get hit an was standing by the sheriff talking to him when the man told me they had devyn and I was trying to be split in half with both children no I was not on drugs I was not on anything I love my children very much my daughter is sever autistic an I’ve fought the community to get proper care no I didn’t wait inside I watched my daughter get hit ran inside to get a towel and make sure devyn was outta the window then was right behind the ambulance talking to them about what happened so no I wasn’t gone 5 to 10 mins nor was I trying to go back in my home I was trying to make sure both children were ok when I heard a nurse was on scene I called for help to sit with devyn yes I was scared to see her as any mother with their child bleeding no I didn’t leave her I was their as were others helping through this process so I could socely be in harmonies presence with out devyn being scared of the situation

Saturday, 16 May 2015, 6:45 pm
  • All of you that are saying that the parents need to be evaluated are wrong in my opinion.. Harmony’s mother is very loving toward her two kids, I would see her everyday with both of them and she would make sure they were safe and on the side of the road away from traffic. This was a very tragic accident that has nothing to do with the mother “not being able to take care of two kids”, everyone makes mistakes and this was one that she made. Her mother opened a window and turned to talk to her son and within seconds Harmony pushed the screen out and was running in the rain because she loves playing in the rain, and like any other Autistic girl Harmony not knowing ran into the road faster than her mom could get her and was unseen due to it being dark outside an raining and got hit. I hope that Harmony recovers soon and can go home to her house with her family.

Friday, 15 May 2015, 11:15 pm
  • My prayers go out to this baby, her family, the poor woman who struck her, and the first responders. If anyone believes that the family of this little girl should be investigated they should then make the confidential call to the abuse hotline. If anyone ever feels a child is in danger they should never hesitate to make that very important call, it’s always better to error on the side of caution…especially, when it involves a child, disabled person, or the elderly.

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 9:57 pm
    • TSmith…….I agree, they need to be investigated, especially if some of these comments are true!!!

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 11:31 pm
  • God is in contol , praying for her she will live.
    Martha Whitehead in Ga.

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 8:17 pm
  • praying for her

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 6:25 pm
  • I was first on the scene with the little girl holding that little girl and if you only saw the parents…something was off about the parents. They didn’t go near the baby. they seemed on a substance. It was awful. Please have DCF needs to be called . It was so terrible, horrific. The parents came out of the house 5-10 minutes after when we were still in the road with her. They didn’t even come near with her and kept wanting to go back to their house. They were off… Something was so wrong with them. I pray DCF gets more involved. Both her and her little brother are autistic. She shouldn’t have been with them from what we saw.

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 4:23 pm
    • Aimee…….That is very good point, so I agree with you!

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 11:27 pm
    • Also Aimee I was behind Harmonie at the time… My son was screaming bloody murder from watching out the window, passed all DCF piss test begged them for help with safety precautions to prevent which 2 years later is all up to code was I in shock absolutely why I had to go inside as well my son was non verbal at the time…. Just so you know I passed every DCF test code an had ppl working in the home at the time everyone else seen me there by the FHP.. DONT ASSUME I JUST LEFT MY DAUGHTER I HAD A MAN CHASING ME CAUSE MY SON WAS SCARED CALLING 911 … I had anxiety to see her like that…. Am I a bad mom no I got state in my house 24/7 and live for my kids… As you should know Harmonie is 7 now an fully cared for… Like I said passed every piss test with DCF an I’m sorry I wasn’t quick enough for your judgement thanks for helping my daughter on scene.. But I’m not a bad mother nor was I.. I chased her in a 3 min range… She broke a screen out which all windows gates doors etc are security proof for harmonies needs… Don’t bash others or assume state of shock to me being a bad mom js.. Cause every breathe I take is for my son an daughter an every DCF worker that comes into my home know I do for my children… Period… One most horrific thing to see I was numb couldn’t move… Couldn’t breathe… My son screaming ya I’m not going to be there all the way… And ya I was trying to go inside cause my son was in there as well…

Put autistic kids with strangers and being scared an dealing with trad , a sever autistic girl still fearless, non verbal drawn too rain I shared pictures a month later video recorded her showing how she tried to pry The same window open… Spent months showing all the stories added up to my witness statement so don’t do good then say I need my kids taken away cause I tried stopping her I sat behind were everyone was standing with an FHP officer whom seen me there maybe I was too short for your eyes.. And yes when two woman came to me said there was a nurse helping as I spoke to the FHP officer I asked if I could go inside to get Medicaid cards for my daughters needs… And a towel I gave the man while he said get what you need your sons OK… I grabbed everything an then left… To follow her to the hospital

2 years later there’s your answer to I am off etc ya I was off watch your child you couldn’t stop so fast in 3 mins she’s flying in the air the car took off… An ppl screaming I couldn’t hear I couldn’t move..

Do I do drugs nope

Do I take care of my kids Yup…

Was all there nope was in shock
      That don’t mean I don’t deserve my children!!!

Thanks

Tuesday, 23 May 2017, 12:14 pm
  • Nicole please do not place blame on the parents. I am sure they are beating themselves up enough. Autistic children tend to wander and can be gone in the blink of an eye. I have a autistic son and he has wandered many times. Always took off when I was using the restroom. Luckily I always lived in quiet neighborhoods and he was found quickly. That doesn’t make me a bad parent nor does it make them a bad parent. Just pray for the little girl and her parents and pray that one day Hernando county will realize that Autism is an epidemic and will affect more children this year than aids, cancer and diabetes combined. There should be signs posted that there is an autistic child in the area. They put these signs up for blind driveways.They should protect our children. God knows they receive the funding to do so.

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 1:23 pm
    • If a child has autism parents need to take extra precautions, such as putting safety
      locks on all doors and windows so that they can’t get outside!
      Parents who do not take extra precautions are irresponsible, in my opinion!
      That being said, I don’t mean to place blame on them. I just think they should take
      precautions!

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 11:22 pm
  • Where in the hell was the adult(s) supervising a 4yr old child near such a busy street???
    This should have never happened!!
    Prayers for the child..

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 1:03 pm
    • for real why would a 4 year old be outside and running across mariner blvd at night serious,i have a 4yr and she dont go outside period,and i live on mariner…crazy parents these days..

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 7:50 pm
  • Amen

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 12:35 pm
  • What i want to know is where the hell were the parents and why werent they watching her?! I have a little girl myself and i would NEVER let that happen, i wouldnt even give her an opportunity to run towards the road!!! People disgust me!

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 11:40 am
  • …I drive Mariner twice a day, top to bottom. On purpose I drive the speed limit. 2 schools. Very few even pretend to slow in the school zone. 60/70 MPH. Where the hell are the cops, north end of Mariner at the no U turn sign constant turners. Please remember the next election, vote for a sheriff that will enfore the traffic laws. No children kill by speeders and distracted drivers

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 11:19 am
  • Praying for you baby girl

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 11:06 am
  • Prayers that she will be ok

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 10:32 am
  • I pray this child makes a cull recovery, having a child and spent a lot of time at all Childrens Hospital she is in the best place Possible! outstanding doctors and staff.

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 10:32 am
  • May God bless this child in her time of need and keep her in his comfort

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 9:52 am
  • Please pray for this special and beautiful angel… She is a smart and sweet little child

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 9:51 am
  • Hope the little girl makes it God well watch over her My prayers are for the family and her

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 8:02 am
  • Hope that she recovers from this terrible accident

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 7:58 am
  • This little girl Harmony is a very great girl. She may be autistic but she is still smart and very loved by her family and everyone else. I hope to see her recover and return back to school and to her family. I hate to hear that this has happened to her.

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 7:05 am
  • Hope all concerned are alright and the little tyke pulls threw alright

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 6:31 am
  • I really don’t understand how a 4 year old got far enough from an adults grasp and able to reach Mariner Blvd, one of this county’s busier streets?!

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 6:17 am
    • exactly WHO WAS WATCHING HER????

Friday, 15 May 2015, 7:13 am
  • Prayers for a full recovery for little Harmony, and for Lisa as well. I can’t even imagine how she feels. Even though it wasn’t her fault she’s still going to carry that guilt.

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 6:14 am
  • Praying for harmony ..tom please keep us updated on this little girls condtion…..

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 5:29 am
  • My soul magnifies you Lord, and my spirit rejoices in GOD my savior, please bless this child and her family, in JESUS’ name, Amen

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 3:55 am
  • I was at the hospital when she arrived and left for all childrens. She is autistic and in really bad shape. Felt so bad for her

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 2:26 am
  • Please let this little girl be ok , and please everyone say alot of prayers she is very critical and needs all the prayers from everyone and her family also and the driver that hit this little girl , I know that i am saying prayers right now and will keep praying for this little girl and her family

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 1:42 am
  • May God be with her and her family, our prayers go out to them

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 12:45 am
  • We are praying that this little girl will be ok. We will also pray for peace for her family..

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 12:43 am
  • oh my Please dear God be with this little Angel and her family and the poor person that hit her

Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 12:25 am
  • Our goes out to this little girl, her family, medical staff, the person that hit her, and all that know her….. we have been praying for her… such a bad accident….

Tuesday, 12 May 2015, 10:48 pm
  • my heart goes out to the family, so sad.

Tuesday, 12 May 2015, 10:44 pm
  • Sending prayers to this Angel

Tuesday, 12 May 2015, 10:09 pm
  • Bless her, I hope she will be all right.

Tuesday, 12 May 2015, 9:58 pm
  • May the Great father look over her and heal her back to good health. Praying for the family.

Tuesday, 12 May 2015, 9:55 pm