Toddler Drowns in Family Pool, Investigation Underway

UPDATE: 1:11 P.M. – Officials have confirmed that the child did not survive, despite life-saving efforts.

SPRING HILL – An investigation is underway into the drowning of a 2-year-old child who was found floating in a residential pool on Falmouth Court.

Fire Rescue responded to the 8300 block of Falmouth Court and transported the child to a nearby hospital for treatment.

According to sources, family performed CPR on the child until rescue personnel arrived and took over life-saving efforts.

The child’s condition is unknown at this time but there are unconfirmed reports that the child was not responsive to life-support measures.

Comments
  • Thoughts and prayers. Rest In Paradise sweet angel 🙏

Friday, 30 March 2018, 12:50 pm
  • So very sad.Prayers to the family for some healing and guidance.

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 11:33 pm
  • I tried to read the comments, but the tears will not allow me to focus. Prayers to the family.

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 9:40 pm
  • So very sorry to read about this family’s tragic loss. May Gods Angels wrap their healing wings around this family and comfort them. There are simply no words that can truly make this better. My own thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 8:50 pm
  • As sad as this is, the parents or adult sitter let this child down. The adults took their eyes of the child long enough for the child to go missing. How did the child get through the child safety fence? If there wasn’t one why not? What about a water motion sensor? I ask these questions not to start trouble but more to get people thinking. If this was a public/ county run pool would the band wagon be asking the questions I’m asking? Of course they would. I choose to hold the parents accountable like others would hold the county accountable

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 7:18 pm
    • Are you serious? Do you have children? They move faster than lightening. Many kids have drowned right in front of their parents. STOP judging these people and have some compassion! STOP making assumptions and give them your Prayers, STOP assuming you know the entire story! Must be nice to be perfect!!

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 10:17 pm
      • Linda,I do have children,and I will judge. The person or persons responsible for watching this child screwed up,end of story!

Friday, 30 March 2018, 6:37 am
      • Linda, even if the child is faster than lightning, this is more reason the parents should have door alerts, a safety fence, and or water movement sensors. The childs parents failed the child. I’ve made no assumptions only asking questions. This death was preventable.

Friday, 30 March 2018, 2:50 pm
    • Yes inded you are rrying to start something. Judgemental busybody.

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 11:36 pm
    • Wow, really. That’s a horrible seed to sow.

Friday, 30 March 2018, 1:06 am
  • So so sad little ones are so fast 😪

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 6:16 pm
  • So many children in Florida drown. Every parent, doesn’t matter where, specially in Florida, when you have a pool should know CPR. Prayers to the family. So sad.

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 4:37 pm
  • praying for this family who lost their baby, I know it’s going to be extremely rough & accidents happen however don’t read any negative comments because people are cruel and because of them my sister had taken her life just two months after losing her child (my nephew) yes there was more to it but all the comments people posted saying the mother should die, or rot in jail ect was a huge reason this had happened and two weeks ago we lost his father, so I would advise anyone who has negative comments to not even say anything, this family needs all the prayers and positivity their way. My condolences for the family.

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 4:37 pm
    • Amen Jackie
      People will lace judgement when they have no idea then God forbid..tragedy strikes them!
      If they knew how to pray as much as they judge

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 8:28 pm
    • People are so fast to judge they all live in glass houses my prayers for you and the family that lost there baby so very sad

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 9:59 pm
  • Such a terribly sad story.

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 3:37 pm
  • Prayers for this family…It only takes a split second for something terrible to happen.

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 3:32 pm
  • R.I.P little one. May the Lord Jesus wrap his loving arms around you and give your family comfort and peace.

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 3:10 pm
  • First of all, so sorry for the loss of this precious baby. My thoughts and Prayers are with the family. Second, where were all you people when the little boy Lincoln had drowned in a family pool? Where were your kind words and comfort to the Mother, who took her own life just a couple months later and the father who took his just 2 weeks ago?! It’s called an accident for a reason and because of horrible people that should have kept their mouths shut, two more lives were lost and left their families grieving even more and who will never recover from it all! Shame on ANYONE who attacks this poor family!

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 3:07 pm
    • Linda please accept my apologies for the loss of your sister (?) and nephew Lincoln. I remember that post and the horrible responses from clueless/heartless people. I am praying for peace and comfort for your family. I am so sorry for your families tragic losses!

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 4:39 pm
      • It was my grandson that drowned and my daughter his mother took her life.
        Linda is a very close friend.

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 8:53 pm
        • Love you Tracy!!!!! Know my heart is always with you!

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 10:23 pm
      • I am not a sister or a family member. I am a very good friend to Lincoln’s Grandmother and I knew Jackie. She loved her kids with everything in her. I appreciate your kind words and I can tell you, Grandma is reading every message. No drowning is a family members fault. No Mom or Dad is perfect, Jessica loved her boys with every part of her and her loss was too much for her to take. The entire situation is so sad. I will forward your kind words to Jessica’s Mom, who’ ps heart is aching! Thank you!

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 10:22 pm
    • I am the grandmother of Lincoln
      Jessica a mother.Yes she took her life in Sept and the father just recently.They could not live with the pain of losing their baby.It was an accident. Proven.People are so first to place judgement..until tragedy strikes them.I had to hear so much..I read comments when Lincoln drowned.I hold no hate in my heart bc I know the truth what happened with my family.I pray you judgmental hateful people never have to face something do horrific such as this.

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 4:42 pm
    • Lincoln is my gfandson..Jessica is my daughter
      Yes she took her life in Sept and the father 2 weeks ago bc they could not live with the pain of losing their baby.I had to read comments..even from family members who did not know the facts.It was proven an accident.We are living every day with pain.People. pray for this baby and the family.I pray for all you that place judgment.although you not know facts.It a horrible thing to live with..I know!

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 4:49 pm
    • At least they are getting kind words.

Last time the family was in the news the person responsible blamed the father and scapegoated him to get out of it. Even so much as putting him falsely in jail to save his own ass. Mind you this is family we are talking about.

Sorry, to see Trevor go, but at least Goku will have a cousin to play with now.

I miss you guys.

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 5:27 pm
    • Ty Linda

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 8:50 pm
    • You can thank the State of Florida on this one. The family has been fractured for years due to financial burdens thanks to the state not getting off their was to get proper paperwork done. So now everyone lives apart, bands together and constantly works. Common sense aside, going to work before the sun comes up, and coming home once it’s down – is hard to get a fence up. No matter how badly it was needed, not much time time in the day when for fighting to break even.

Really want to be Dick about it.; Metropolitan Ministries played their own hand in the distress that tore this family apart. Choose wisely before you donate or ask them for help.

Friday, 30 March 2018, 5:36 pm
  • Such a sad tragedy. Prayers to the grieving family.

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 1:58 pm
  • Devastating , Sincere prayers for all the family and friends.

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 1:40 pm
  • Such a preventable tragedy! I pray others see this and childproof their homes! Latches at the tops of the doors! I pray for this family, I can only imagine the pain they’re in.

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 1:31 pm
  • Prayers for all involved..

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 1:07 pm
  • That is a real shame….I hope the baby makes it. Prayers for the baby and the Family.

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 12:50 pm
  • Praying for the poor baby

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 12:50 pm
  • Prayers coming for this little one . This is heartbreaking.

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 12:47 pm
  • NO WORDS 🙁 JUST PRAYERS .

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 12:43 pm
  • It happens so quickly, prayers to everyone involved.

Thursday, 29 March 2018, 12:32 pm