Toddler Suffers Severe Burns After Falling into Campfire, Airlifted to Trauma Center

BROOKSVILLE – A 2-year-old little girl suffered severe burns after falling into a campfire.

According to sources, the toddler fell into a campfire at the Silver Lake Campground on Croom Rital Road, and may have suffered second and third degree burns to her hands and forearms.

Bayflite will be airlifting the victim to a trauma center for treatment.

There are no further details at this time.

Comments
  • Be easy on the parents people. I remember at that age, it’s hard to watch a child every second of every minute. Even when you watch children at that age you can tell them no and they get into shenanigans before you can react. Lets just pray the little one is alright and it is a lesson learned that will never happen again. God bless, don’t judge, and be safe people.

Monday, 30 October 2017, 8:49 pm
  • Praying for this young girl and family . all the people that are posting comments about parents and talking smack to Tom… I pray for you all..

Monday, 30 October 2017, 4:49 pm
  • OH, and (watch your kids) please do read my comment on PARENTS, are you parents? if so I agree with your comment 100 % but any parent has moments close calls, parking lot’s, stores, home anywhere anytime i hope you get what i mean, hope these were good parents, i really do and if they really love this child there hurting and let’s HOPE N PRAY the child is okay MOST IMPORTANT, and also that mom n dad learn from it! peace!

Monday, 30 October 2017, 2:41 pm
  • Now concerning THE PARENTS…………………. I have 2 boys now almost fully grown and i can remember well many moments where at ages from 1 yr. plus til about maybe 5-6 yr. mark many, many times right in the presense of there mother and I where we had close calls,accidents,loss sight of in stores for brief moments all parents on here………… ( YOU KNOW THOSE HALF A HEART ATTACK, FULL PANIC MODE SITUATIONS ) case in point my boys are 7 yrs. apart and once in the bells store my older 1 then about 3- 5 yrs old would love to jump at a moments notice into the center of those circular pants / shirt racks and hide! It freaked / scared the shit outta me! any parent here knows mom n dad can look at each other or away for 1 second and lose site of a child at that age! we still don’t barely let our 15 yr. old out of our site, point is i’m not condoning or taking the side of this child’s parents for what happened but lets be easy or not so quick to make comments suggesting bad parenting when all of us parents know how QUICK toddlers can be.on another occasion my older son, then about 3-4 yrs.was standing between his mother and i in our kitchen and was nipped in the lip by our family dog, ( a husky mix ) caught us completely of guard !!! we were cooking,and yes the minute we could the dog was taken to St.pete S.P.C.A.where they found a ranch / farm type home for the dog. (husky likes to run) sorry to be so long but my point i think is clear……………..to all you PERFECT PARENTS OUT THERE!

Monday, 30 October 2017, 2:29 pm
    • Amen

Monday, 30 October 2017, 4:50 pm
    • I fully understand what you are saying however, there is a “but” here…..Of course when I was raising my Son, just like you, I had moments where he ran off in a store or came too close to the stove while I was cooking and one time he grabbed a dinner fork and I went to take it away from him and I scratched the lid of his eye, yes, he had a scar from that and things like this doesn’t make a person a “BAD PARENT. But, what I don’t understand is incidents like this when a child is anywhere near a body of water, i.e. a pool, a lake, the ocean or anywhere in the area where a fire is burning, more than one set of eyes is necessary to be careful that a child doesn’t get hurt or even killed….this is where I question the parenting.

Monday, 30 October 2017, 7:15 pm
  • Just because the incident involved a burn doesn’t mean you should use a graphic where the text is engulfed in flames. Not only does it make your production quality of your blog look like a high school news publication, it’s incredibly insensitive.

Monday, 30 October 2017, 2:26 pm
  • First off, Prayers in Jesus Name for this Precious babe and for full recovery and healing, having heard a tremendous testimony from a severe burn victim at a safety conference a few years back, the treatments per the severity of the burns can be more painful than the burns themselves, NOW…………sass squat and father time REALLY? do you watch the site just waiting for the smallest or any little minor mistake/typo whatever to just jump on the author? if so go elsewhere! damn! same for all the grammar checkers an even the bashers on the pot being mentioned in the recent story of the infant death/murder at the hands of his father! is this needed or necessary?? it is quite irritating! GET OFF TOMS BACK! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! Annoying!!!

Monday, 30 October 2017, 2:05 pm
  • Thoughts and prayers.

Monday, 30 October 2017, 1:06 pm
  • Sending love and prayers to this baby girl.

Monday, 30 October 2017, 9:36 am
  • We are praying for the baby and her family; I pray there won’t be lasting scars physically or emotionally.

Monday, 30 October 2017, 8:30 am
  • Praying for this little one,Jesus heal please heal her well

Monday, 30 October 2017, 12:29 am
  • Reading this makes my heart hurt so badly. Why in the world was someone not watching that innocent baby girl. Prayers for her.

Sunday, 29 October 2017, 10:05 pm
  • WHEN Tom!! When did it happen?? Last night?? Friday??? At least a date!

Sunday, 29 October 2017, 9:25 pm
      • Just because it’s time stamped , don’t mean that’s when it happened!
        Look at some of ur other stories!

Monday, 30 October 2017, 4:27 am
    • calm down seriously

Monday, 30 October 2017, 9:54 am
  • Super job parents. I vote the same thing happens to the parents

Sunday, 29 October 2017, 7:03 pm
  • Prayers for the little girl..

Sunday, 29 October 2017, 5:57 pm
  • I am so disgusted about reading all of the stories about little ones dying and in many cases it is because parents are NOT WATCHING THEIR CHILDREN! Where were the parents? At any rate, I hope the child will be OK and pray for fast healing.

Sunday, 29 October 2017, 4:34 pm
  • And the parents were WHERE????

Sunday, 29 October 2017, 3:40 pm
  • Prayers for her. AGAIN PLEASE watch your children at ALL times. I don’t care how old they are or if you think they know better. Sh*t happens and it can almost always be prevented. God bless her.

Sunday, 29 October 2017, 3:37 pm
  • Poor little sweetheart! Plz heal fast .Prayers coming!

Sunday, 29 October 2017, 2:48 pm