Tractor-Trailer Explodes After Crashing into Barrier, Driver Suffers Serious Burns – VIDEO

SAN ANTONIO (PASCO) – The northbound lanes of I-75 are closed near SR-52 after a tractor-trailer struck a barrier and exploded.

Officials say the driver suffered burns over 40% of his body and was airlifted to a local trauma center for treatment. No other vehicles were involved in the crash and no other injuries have been reported.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

Click Here to Watch Video of Crash and Explosion

Comments
  • I want to thank RNRF for its excellent work. I was stuck 2 miles from that accident for 2 1/2 hours. Websites for bay news 9, fox 13 had ZERO info. Apps waze had ZERO info and fl511 said it was a minor accident

Sunday, 11 June 2017, 3:35 pm
    • Ditto that!

Sunday, 11 June 2017, 5:29 pm
    • Waze won’t have anything until they receive a report, either by DOT, FHP or other drivers. I pray the truck driver will be ol. My heart stops when I see stories like this. God Bless our Truckers

Sunday, 11 June 2017, 10:59 pm
  • There is nothing in the video at all to suggest the truck driver was cut off. In fact, the guys who video’ed it said they started videoing it because the driver was all over the place, which also explains why there weren’t a lot of cars around or behind him as that’s a busy area around that time. I travel it every weekday and was caught in the mess for four hours last night. I don’t know if the driver experienced a medical episode or if he wasn’t paying attention. or what happened I’ll let the experts determine that. That said, it never ceases to amaze me the number of other clowns on the road. There are always goofs who find it necessary to drive up and down the emergency lanes when this type of thing happens, often hindering emergency vehicles. Last night I saw both car and truck drivers doing this, forcing emergency vehicles to drive off in the grass to get around them. It’s sad the very selfish, “it’s all about me” society we’ve become. I hope the truck driver recovers.

Saturday, 10 June 2017, 8:48 am
    • Possibly lanes were not even. Alot of that area under construction has bad trasition pavement – not smooth, rough ridged. I’m with Smedley as far as rude people and their stunts to get ahead. Shame the officers can’t ticket the ” all about me-ers”. Put a hefty price on the tickets and give them liberally PLUS REQUIRE THEY COMPLETE DRIVERS EDUCATION so they can study driver’s handbook again or take license away for failure to comply. Some people would think twice before doing it again.

Saturday, 10 June 2017, 2:53 pm
  • First, prayers to the driver and his family. Axondly, NEVER CUT A SEMI TRUCK OFF!!! It’s common sense people are lacking! It’s a heavy vehicle that people assume can stop or maneuver easily, WRONG!

Friday, 9 June 2017, 11:49 pm
    • Secondly*

Friday, 9 June 2017, 11:50 pm
      • Thirdly, learn how to spell!!

Saturday, 10 June 2017, 4:37 am
  • Prayers for drivers recovery. Prayers for his family. It’s a horrible experience to go through- very frightening. So glad driver made it out. May God bless you and your family throughout your recovery.

Friday, 9 June 2017, 9:19 pm