Two Injured in Three Vehicle Crash Involving U-Haul Truck, One Airlifted to Trauma Center

UPDATE: 6/2/2016, 6:03 A.M. – The Florida Highway Patrol has confirmed what witnesses say caused yesterday’s catastrophic crash.

According to reports, the driver of the U-Haul, 51-year-old Timothy Forester of St. Petersburg, Collided at with the 2016 Toyota Camry, driven by 71-year-old Judith Kenyon of Sprig Hill. As a result of the collision, Kenyon’s vehicle was pushed into the rear of a  2006 Ford Ranger, driven by 74-year-old David Leon Albritton of Weeki Wachee.

Kenyon was airlifted to Bayonet Point Hospital where her condition was listed as Critical. Albritton sustained Serious injuries and was transported to Oak Hill Hospital.

Forrester was not injured in the crash.

Officials say charges are pending.

ORIGINAL REPORT

BROOKSVILLE – Fire Rescue responded to a three vehicle accident on Cortez Blvd at Highpoint Blvd this afternoon, where at least two people were injured – one airlifted to a nearby trauma center.

According to witnesses at the scene, a U-Haul truck rear-ended one vehicle at a high rate of speed, forcing it into the rear of a pickup truck.

Rescue personnel extricated the female driver of the silver vehicle and airlifted her to Bayonet Point for treatment. She was breathing but unconscious at the time of the extrication.

The driver of the pickup truck was transported locally for treatment but his injuries appeared to be minor.

The driver of the U-Haul truck was seen talking to a paramedic on the side of the road.

Witnesses say the light had just turned green in the westbound lanes when the U-Haul slammed into the rear of the car without braking.

The Florida Highway Patrol is still investigating the cause of the crash.
We will bring more on this story as it develops.

uhall 4

uahll 2 uahll 4 uahll 6 uahll 8 uhall 1 uhall 3 uhall 7 uhall 9

Comments
  • Kim, we are all so sorry up Chittenango over your Mom. She has so many friends here and she will be missed. Love /Hugs

Tuesday, 2 August 2016, 2:51 pm
  • Oh my goodness I am saddened to learn this lovely lady passed away though I was shocked she survived at all. I’m so so sorry for your loss.

Wednesday, 27 July 2016, 8:48 pm
    • Thank you Tracy, a lovely lady she was and is somewhere in her new endeavors! She is and will be missed forever more! Words can’t express the loss we all feel. At times like this is can be challenging to understand the bigger picture and what true reality is, I raise to my higher self and know there is always a gift and opportunity in every part of life and death; to raise above this place and know there is a higher calling for us all. I know it has woken me up to new awareness, presence and options to love deeper, more unconditionally. I am choosing to embrace each moment as the last , as a gift; because it is! Thank you for your prayers and love shared we are all one! Love and Light, Therese (Harmonic Journeying)

Thursday, 28 July 2016, 9:58 am
  • Barbara and I have been following via friends at Timber Pines so sorry to hear of Judy’s passing. We feel so helpless not to be there to express our sympathy in person. We will be returning to TP from Eden,NY, in October. Our prayers are for Judy’s mother and family and Ken. Judy was a wonderful human being, that everyone loved, she always had a smile and hug. We think and talk of her often, she will be MISSED.
    Gary Neureutet

Tuesday, 28 June 2016, 10:24 am
  • Thank you Esther. God Bless you also!❤

Sunday, 26 June 2016, 8:13 pm
  • Thank you Mary…came from my heart and we all know Mom had a beautiful heart as well.❤ I pray that you are one day, one moment getting through the loss of your best dearest friend.??Love you Mary…hope to see you again in the future.?xo

Sunday, 26 June 2016, 8:10 pm
  • Kimberly, sorry to hear about Judy. I pray that our heavenly Father will comfort you & your family. Judy is resting in His loving arms. God bless you!

Sunday, 26 June 2016, 8:38 am
  • Thank you Tiffy and all that say the accident.❤ Don’t really know what to say except prayers no longer needed for MY BEAUTIFUL MOTHER…SHE PASSED AWAY ON JUNE 22nd at 11:24am.???? Love and Prayers now needed for myself, brother Tom, her mother Jean, sisters Pam, Donna, Jolene, Brenda, Theresa, brothers Denny and Harland. Also all of her nieces, nephews, cousins, husband Ken and step daughters Deanna, Dana, and Dayle. My mom had a world of friends so all of them as well.❤ We are all morning and going through the grieving process in our own ways of the loss of our beloved Judith Ann Kenyon (maiden name Cunningham).?? WE ALL LOVE YOU MOM…YOU WILL BE IN OUR HEARTS ALWAYS AND FOREVER.❤?❤??(((Hugs & Kisses sent to you in Heaven)))

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 8:24 pm
    • Kim – So beautifully written like something your Mom would say. She loved you so very much!

Sunday, 26 June 2016, 10:02 am
  • Kimberly aloi our thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom — we will continue to pray for her recovery!!! Never give up hope!!! ??????
    We work at summit imaging and saw the accident- needless to say it had an impact on us!!!
    Prayers and love your way ???

Friday, 24 June 2016, 1:57 pm
  • Sharon, I am thankful to have met you and Dick as well. I wish it could have been under different circumstances though. Thank you so much for your prayers. God Bless.❤XO

Saturday, 18 June 2016, 11:15 pm
  • Thank you Tom and Esther.❤

Saturday, 18 June 2016, 11:10 pm
  • Thank you Jeanie. I do believe in the Lord and know that God and my mom will make the decision that is in moms highest best good.❤

Saturday, 18 June 2016, 11:05 pm
  • Kim, I just got back from Boston. I went to see your mom before I left last week. I anointed her hands with some holy oil I had. I too, am praying for a miracle if it is God’s will. I trust in the Lord with all my being. He will do what is best for your beautiful mom. Remember, He loves her more than we do and we need trust in Him. Peace be with you, Kim and your brother Tom.

Saturday, 18 June 2016, 1:55 pm
  • Kim, we are so sorry. Both Dick and I feel blessed to have met you and your brother Thomas. Our sincere thoughts and prayers are for all of her family

Saturday, 18 June 2016, 12:50 pm
  • Kimberly I’m so sorry, I will continue to pray for Judy.

Saturday, 18 June 2016, 11:56 am
  • Hello everyone, I am Judy’s daughter and first of all I want to thank you all for your concern, love, and prayers for my beautiful, strong, kind, loving, wonderful Mother. My mom is still in a comma, she has severe damage to the upper part of her brain. The rest of her injuries and body is healing, although her brain is not. She had a catscan done on Tuesday and the results were that she has had 2 strokes on the left side of her brain and 1 on the right which has caused more damage to her brain. We will be moving my mom to a hospice soon. My heart is broken and it pains me beyond words to say that the prognosis does not look good.???I am not giving up hope for a MIRACULOUS HEALING FOR MY MOM.? PLEASE ALL WHO SEE THIS PRAY FOR A MIRACLE.❤ Thank you and God Bless.❤ I Love You my Beautiful Vibrant Mother to the Moon and Back!???????OOOOOOO

Saturday, 18 June 2016, 2:07 am
    • I totally believe in Miracles ;}}}

Sunday, 19 June 2016, 2:11 pm
  • We are praying for you Judith…Sandy, Marvalyn, Brandi, Alex, Lora and all the rest of us!! xoxo

Monday, 13 June 2016, 9:12 am
  • Harmonic Journeying,
    Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated. Judy is in my thoughts and prayers all day long, sending her messages directly from the heart. As well as praying your family can find as much peace as possible in this time of uncertainty. Amen. <3 <3 <3

Saturday, 11 June 2016, 1:04 pm
    • Rumors are very disturbing here in TP is there any update on Judy? We continue prayers and positive thoughts to Judy and her family.

Sunday, 12 June 2016, 10:21 am
  • I have been thinking and praying for Judy with every once of my being, Please God bring her back to us whole, Also praying for Ken and her family love you Judy xxoo

Wednesday, 8 June 2016, 8:22 pm
  • Judith is in our thoughts and prayers .

Wednesday, 8 June 2016, 11:25 am
  • Lovely kind hearted Judy …. We are sadden for you and Ken …. we are praying for a speedy and full recovery …. We are so sorry that you are in such pain.

Tuesday, 7 June 2016, 6:35 pm
  • I love you, Judy… Praying for you all the time!!!

Monday, 6 June 2016, 11:13 pm
  • Thank you so much everyone, no new updates today. She is still stable and requires much more time I feel. There is a lot of healing for to to do if she desires to come back to us. I feel all the love for her it is so beautiful and powerful I know she feels it. <3 <3 <3

Monday, 6 June 2016, 10:29 pm
  • These updates mean so very much to her Timber Pines family. Rumors and untrue statements put to rest.Thank you for taking the time. We, her close friends continue to pray, send out positive thoughts. Please know you her family are also in our prayers.

Monday, 6 June 2016, 7:17 pm
  • Amen Brigette

Monday, 6 June 2016, 7:13 pm
  • It would be AWESOME IF EVERYONE READING THIS WOULD PLEASE PRAY FOR HER!!! UNIFIED ENERGY IS VERY POWERFUL. THANK YOU ALL ;} (The woman airlifted, who drove the white, not silver, car)

Monday, 6 June 2016, 6:50 pm
  • We will continue to pray for her!!!! Please keep us updated- !!!

Monday, 6 June 2016, 3:59 pm
  • Will continue to pray for a complete recovery. God is able.

Monday, 6 June 2016, 11:49 am
  • Harmonic Journeying could you please update us on your sister? I have been thinking about her all day. Positive Vibes.

Friday, 3 June 2016, 10:33 pm
    • Hi Everyone, an update on my sister:The Trauma Dr said today that she is still stable and believes she can recover, just not sure what that will look like at this time. She has a strong heart. I believe she requires more time for healing before she can wake back up into her body. I am wiling to be patient along with her. Thank you everyone for all the continued support, love and prayers from all over! There were some wonderful synchronicity through out today!

Sunday, 5 June 2016, 10:26 pm
  • How is Judy doing? I don’t know her but been praying.

Friday, 3 June 2016, 1:26 pm
  • Harmonic journey I have been praying and praying for your sister- I work at summit and we came out moments after the accident- I will say I am glad she was in a newer car with at least he newest safety stuff- I will continue to pray for her keep us updated-

Friday, 3 June 2016, 1:25 pm
  • @Tom I am sorry but your update does not provide any details other than what everyone already knew. I pray that everyone makes a quick recovery. I personally felt when I saw update I should read an actual update. Something to the effect of the brakes failed, drive passed out from blood sugar, driver fell a sleep. Not restating what readers already knew. My personal opinion is that the person did not know how to drive a vehicle of that size and Sadly did not account for additional stoping distance, probably combined with distraction or something.

Friday, 3 June 2016, 6:58 am
  • Praying for Judy with all my heart, i love her, she always makes everyone feel good. My prayers are with her and all of her friends and family. I know she will wake up and heal she is a strong lady.

Thursday, 2 June 2016, 7:01 pm
  • Commonsense? stfu, prayers for your sister!

Thursday, 2 June 2016, 5:05 pm
    • Thank you, Love and Light!

Thursday, 2 June 2016, 5:58 pm
  • Harmonic Journeying, I work right in front of where this happened. I saw her car get dragged and when she hit the blue pickup. I immediately started to pray for her and all those involved. I ask Gods perfect will be done. I love your peaceful demeanor. I woke this morning thinking about her (even though I don’t know her). But because I saw the accident, it impacted me. God bless you & your family. I have a chain of people praying as well.
    God bless,
    Esther

Thursday, 2 June 2016, 4:35 pm
    • Thank you! She is an angel, we appreciate the love! Love and Light!

Thursday, 2 June 2016, 5:56 pm
  • Thank you for sharing an update. We will continue to lift your sister up in prayer.

Thursday, 2 June 2016, 3:41 pm
    • Thank you! Love and light!

Thursday, 2 June 2016, 5:57 pm
  • This place is by far the worst place to be driving a car.

Thursday, 2 June 2016, 2:03 pm
  • The woman is my sister She has serious trauma to the head and many broken bones. All we ask is for prayers, no blaming at this time, it happened and all we can do is move forward. I am sure the man in the U-haul has his own cross to bare in all of this, as we all do at times in our life. It will not help to focus on all of that .She is a beautiful light in this world, my eldest sister of 8 kids; we are confident that all the love around her will bring her back, she is in a comma and are praying that means here body is taking time to heal. Please pray for us, do not worry about the sheet in the photo.

Thursday, 2 June 2016, 10:29 am
    • This woman is my good friend.God blessed me with our friendship. God be with you dear sister. Be strong and know that we are praying for all of you to pull together and help each one get through this.

Thursday, 2 June 2016, 4:38 pm
      • Thank you Jean, she is an angel and strong! It is up to her to come back to us.Love and light!

Thursday, 2 June 2016, 5:58 pm
      • Praying for the woman (Jean) to keep her in our prayers. She was a neighbor in High Point. So many accidents happen at this intersection.

Sunday, 5 June 2016, 7:58 pm
    • Harmonic Journeying~thanks for the updates on JK I just can’t believe this has happened Beth and I are thinking about her everyday and hoping for the best…

Sunday, 5 June 2016, 7:43 am
    • Judy is a dear friend of my mother’s, and my favorite!!! I keep praying. She IS strong like a rock~

Monday, 6 June 2016, 6:57 pm
  • I saw the aftermath of this I was only in car wash for 20mins so glad I didn’t actually see it they had the jaws of life on the white car what was the u hall truck driving thinking poor woman in the white car

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 11:21 pm
  • Thinking the sheet is so the ambulance chasers won’t post pics of her til she is identified or family is notified and not through a news link!

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 11:08 pm
  • I misread, the car was pushed into the truck, Mike I dint realize you stated she had passed. Prayers go out to the loved ones, terribly sad

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 11:03 pm
  • Wow I can’t believe that was a pick up truck, bent like an aluminum can.
    Prayers to all envolved especially the young lady transported by helicopter, I hope she recovers from her injuries as well as any others hurt.

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 10:51 pm
  • I drove by, i didn’t think they survived, there was lots of fhp, glad they are alive… wow, not a skid Marek either

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 10:05 pm
  • Drove by this accident today and I still can’t believe that the woman in the silver suv survived. It’s amazing. Prayers go out to her and the gentleman in the blue truck.

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 9:50 pm
  • Hey Tom, FHP website said fatality, I’m guessing the lady died? And this was horrible,, prayers to the family in that white car and the blue truck. Hope everything is ok.

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 9:41 pm
    • She has not passed, she is my sister and is in a comma and in critical condition. Please continue to pray for her. She has many broken bones and head trauma.

Thursday, 2 June 2016, 10:53 am
      • This beautiful lady is a good friend of ours. Our prayers and positive thoughts are with her and all of you her family. She has been added to many prayer lists including her church.

Sunday, 5 June 2016, 8:34 am
  • We passed this as we headed to Weeki Wachee. They had a sheet up because there were stupid, stupid people standing on the side of the road taking pictures on their phones. So rude and disrespectful.

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 8:33 pm
  • Pray for the girl. So lucky no backseat passengers. They would not have survived.

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 7:20 pm
  • Prayers for the lady and the man in the truck. Obviously the u haul driver doesn’t know what a brake pedal is for. Glad the u haul wasn’t loaded, looks like more weight would have put him on top of the car and possibly crushing victim. This is out of control Thank you deputies and ems, for putting sheet up, she deserved some privacy in her moments of terror.Another life changed in a blink of an eye by yet another careless driver!!

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 6:41 pm
  • terrible to see this. like i say over and over.. driving on these roads are a complete gamble. Anytime you get in your car, you are never know whats going to happen. A day some one hasnt cut me off is a day I havent driven more than a mile.

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 6:22 pm
  • So sad, when there are news people at the site normally the fire dept or cops will protect the identity
    of the injured or deceased until their family is notified. Worse thing to happen is to see it on the news first.

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 6:21 pm
    • No fatality. She is in Critical, possible coma. It would be AWESOME IF EVERYONE READING THIS WOULD PLEASE PRAY FOR HER!!! UNIFIED ENERGY IS VERY POWERFUL. THANK YOU ALL ;}

Monday, 6 June 2016, 6:47 pm
  • Hank, not a fatality. I think FHP was trying to protect the injured person from having their pic taken by prying eyes. And wth is wrong with people? Learn to drive and drive defensively or get off and stay off the road. This lady had no where to go. Smdh

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 5:35 pm
  • I say the truckz brakes went out & he kouldnt slow down tht happenz alot with them big truckz

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 5:00 pm
    • As a Uhaul dealer i will say you are wrong, The brakes do not always go out as a matter of fact almost never as the trucks have weekly inspections

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 11:41 pm
  • Maybe the brakes gave out on the uhaul some people quick to judje a person and talk crap

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 4:11 pm
  • the women is alive the sheet was so no one could see her. she had blood all over her.i live 2 blocks from accident in highpoint. i heard the u haul driver was texing, wow what a surprise.

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 4:09 pm
  • BRAKING not breaking.

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 3:56 pm
  • My prayers go out to you woman who didn’t know what hit her. May you find comfort in the coming days as you awaken to your new life. Another day in Spring Hill another persons life changed forever…..

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 3:34 pm
  • If you don’t know how to drive a truck then don’t , smh ! He needs to be fined

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 3:10 pm
  • The person driving the u-haul does not need to be driving such an idiot ..

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 2:56 pm
  • Smh and what if there had been kids in the backseat!!! Too many people not paying attention these days.

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 2:48 pm
  • Prayers to all.

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 2:47 pm
  • Holy Sh*T, I pray!, Thank god all are alive, and no one in the rear seat of that vehicle!

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 2:47 pm
  • i have been looking at these pictures and all i can say is i hope anyone involved is safe! and that the driver of the uhaul truck should be sited for the entire accident! there are brakes in that truck and you failed to use them!

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 2:44 pm
  • What kind of car was the silver car?

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 2:40 pm
  • Wow looks like a fatality if they are holding a sheet up like that. Thank god no one was in the back seat of the car.

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 2:28 pm
  • Not paying attention, period. When do we learn that driving requires paying attention. Hopefully when the woman sues the crap out of truck driver e will have learned a lesson. Only hard punishment seems to work……..

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 2:27 pm
  • why is there a sheet over the car? is there a body still inside?

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 2:17 pm
    • sheet was there to protect the person on the stretcher when the helicopter was either landing or taking off….

Thursday, 2 June 2016, 12:52 am