; ;

Two Pedestrians Injured in Separate Vehicle Accidents

SPRING HILL – Two pedestrians suffered injuries this evening, after they were struck by vehicles in separate incidents.

The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating a vehicle vs a bicyclist on Commercial Way, near Hiawatha Parkway that was originally reported as a hit and run. The male victim may have suffered a leg injury but his exact condition is unknown.

The second incident occurred at the entrance to Hobby Lobby on Mariner Blvd, just south of Cortez Blvd, where a female pedestrian was struck by a vehicle. Her condition is unknown at this time.

Comments
  • I’m thinking it’s mostly due to texting while driving. I see it every day, morons weaving across the lines or drifting off the side of the road, and when you pass them, they are not even looking up, but have their faces buried into their phones. I blast the horn once in a while just to see that instant deer-in-the-headlights look on their face. The sad part is, i see mostly mothers doing this with kids strapped into their seats.

Monday, 23 October 2017, 9:24 am
  • Very sad but that’s the norm around here and with the distracted driving and the drunks and people with no license or insurance and the speeding

Sunday, 22 October 2017, 8:05 pm
    • And don’t forget about the many drunk/sober pedestrians & drunk/sober bicyclists who may be distracted w/ texting & can’t be bothered to look up before crossing roads or ride the wrong way who may or may not have a driver’s license as well. I am NOT saying that these particular 2 instances are guilty of this (or not guilty) and wish all of those involved prayers & understanding. I sincerely hope those involved are OK.

Sunday, 22 October 2017, 11:38 pm
      • No kidding, I was driving South on US Hwy 19 at 8am and there was a woman walking in the road with earbuds in, not on the side of the road, not on the shoulder.

Monday, 23 October 2017, 10:13 am
      • Just to let you know the 2nd pedestrian is my daughter shes bruised up has a broken nose but will be ok. I thank God shes alive. I just want people to know everything you said to look out for amd to watch when the light is yellow dont try to beat it especially in a crosswalk. Ty a worried mom

Monday, 23 October 2017, 1:29 pm
        • prayers are coming her way.

Monday, 23 October 2017, 5:07 pm