Two Vehicle Crash Injures Two, Mariner Blvd and Spring Hill Drive

SPRING HILL – Fire Rescue is on the scene of a two vehicle accident on Mariner Blvd, just north of Spring Hill Drive. There are unconfirmed reports that two people may have sustained minor injuries.

Traffic is moving smoothly in both directions at this time

The cause of the accident is under investigation.

acc1 acc2

Interior Large copy

Comments
  • WHAT!!!!!!..no rollover….AMAZING….get well soon..

Saturday, 26 September 2015, 12:15 am
  • This accident happened right in front of my eyes. The white car pulled out of a plaza next to Dunkin Donuts. They cleared the first lane but must not have seen the silver vehicle in the other lane. The white car crossed the first lane before crashing into the silver vehicle in the next lane. Praying everyone is ok.

Friday, 25 September 2015, 12:24 pm
  • @Regina Foy – Nope. Not a nurse but rather a long time paramedic. 🙂

Friday, 25 September 2015, 11:14 am
    • Eric you sure do know your stuff.

Saturday, 26 September 2015, 11:45 am
  • At my granddaughter insistence, I pulled up at this accident scene to offer help if I could. As a nurse for over 35 years I see how fragile the human body is. I thank GOD the children in the car were unhurt.

Friday, 25 September 2015, 10:59 am
  • @Nunya – Agreed! Upside is they would be driving slower too. A LOT slower, LOL. Oh well, someday they will learn and our law enforcement will actually enforce the traffic laws in this county. Until then, it’s back to the Five O’Clock 500 and bumper cars here in Hernando.

Friday, 25 September 2015, 8:36 am
  • I personally, would rather be on the roads with potheads than drunks AND junkies!!
    Alcohol and cigarettes are LEGAL, yet they kill people every single day!!!!!

Friday, 25 September 2015, 12:27 am
  • @outa breath Eric – thanks for your concern however my respiratory drive is sufficient, my tidal volume is adequate, my lung sounds are clear and my SaO2 would indicate adequate perfusion along with an adequate capillary refill but thanks for your concern. Now, please remember that statement, heaven forbid, should you ever waiting to hear word on the fate of a loved one pinned in a car, crumped under a dashboard, bleeding out. Remember to breath when I have to come to you and say I’m sorry, there was nothing I could do.

You may think I am overreacting and you are entitled to think that however if you could see what I can’t unsee then maybe you would understand.

Happy motoring.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 10:41 pm
    • OMG you are most certainly a nurse. I enjoyed your reply.

Friday, 25 September 2015, 11:01 am
  • Eric in SH…I couldn’t agree more. I can’t say I can recall a lot of people in the ED after an auto accident that was the result of someone under the influence of pot…now throw in some other illegal drugs, or alcohol, and that’s a completely different story. HCSO needs to wake up and focus on the real problems going on in this county, and stop ignoring the people that pay your salary.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 9:08 pm
  • They are not called accidents they are called vehicle crash accidents can be avoided just saying

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 9:01 pm
  • @Concerned-I don’t think we need more traffic lights, I really don’t. I think we need enforcement of the laws we already have. Strict enforcement. So in that respect I understand your request from the SO for more help.

As a general conversation: people, SLOW DOWN. We don’t need to be doing 60+ on Spring Hill Dr, 70+ on Cortez, 50+ on Deltona. There is NO reason for this kind of behavior! It is purely irresponsible and can no longer be tolerated.

@HCSO – I know your admin and deputies read these posts. STEP UP ENFORCEMENT ON OUR ROADS. I see on your lock up page you arrest a lot of people in this county for weed. How about we worry less about dried out, crushed up plant leaves and more about people who have no regard for the law, or, are no longer physically capable of safely operating a
    motor vehicle weighing anywhere from 2,000-10,000+ pounds, or both, and are hurtling them down our crowded highways and streets? Can we do that? (And no, I am not a “smoker” before you get a wild hair going on that although as a person in Public Safety for 20+ years I don’t think it should be illegal. Never pulled a dead/injured person out of a car because of weed. Just saying. But that’s an argument for another post.)

As for this accident, hoping everyone turns out ok and am grateful it wasn’t worse.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 8:09 pm
    • ok, Exhale Eric

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 9:51 pm
  • accidents are an everyday occurrence here – WTF???

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 7:14 pm
    • @nomerci, They are an occurrence everywhere! Springhill is not the epicenter for accidents, take a long ride down 19 on any given day, (I can say many more roads), be real.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 9:47 pm
  • I hope all envolved are ok. “Concerned Citizen” WOW be careful to voice your opinion on RNRF because there are an awful allot of people on here wanting to correct you and give no concern over what the story is really about.
    Love the top picture of the gentlemen in the yellow vest on his knee, eye contact with the child showing concern for the child’s safety. Now this is worth commenting on?

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 6:19 pm
  • The sherriffs office has nothing to do with traffic lights. You might want to do your research first before you let your opinion out.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 6:02 pm
    • You 4 that posted your idiotic remarks just because someone suggested a light after a young women was struck while walking last night are complete morons! Does it really matter who maintains or installs traffic lights? The point is, if you had a clue, our streets are unsafe, and yes it is the responsibility of law enforcement to implement, and enforce, those laws that were created specifically to keep unsafe drivers off the road. Get a clue before wasting our time with your nonsense dribble.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 8:58 pm
  • What does the sheriff have to do with lights, I dont think lights commit crimes just wondering. Thank you and have a blessed day

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 4:57 pm
  • You do know that fldot is who does traffic lights right?… Not the sheriff.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 3:49 pm
  • Either the two cars are going in the wrong direction or one of them slammed into the other pushing them both into oncoming traffic. I just finished leaving a reply on last night’s pedestrian hit on Linden just off Spring Hill Drive asking for a traffic light to be placed there. If something isn’t done around here by our local Sheriff’s Department then maybe it’s time some of us should move leaving less tax dollars for their salary as well as the county commissioners salaries. Spring Hill is such a nice place to live but I don’t feel like we are being served properly. Help!

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 3:10 pm
    • What a dumb a** post from a biker. Cops can not control how people drive.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 6:36 pm