Two-Vehicle Crash Involving Motorcycle Claims Teen’s Life

NEW PORT RICHEY – The Florida Highway Patrol is reporting the death of New Port Richey teen, after a two-vehicle crash involving a motorcycle occurred this afternoon.

Officials say 19-year-old Aaron Scott Barnhouse was driving his 2002 KTM motorcycle westbound on SR-54. As he approached Little Road, a Toyota Matrix driven by 74-year-old Milagros Beda Coulmas turned left into the path of Barnhouse’s motorcycle, resulting a collision. Barnhouse suffered fatal injuries and died at the scene. Coulmas suffered minor injuries and was transported to Morton Plant North Bay for treatment.

Charges are pending according to officials.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, redistributed. ™2013 – 2018 RNRF Incorporated.

Comments
  • Well this old lady would like to ask………….was the biker going bullet fast and weaving from lane to lane? Appearing suddenly is a good way to crash into a car, whether the car is driven by a 30 year old or a senior citizen. Stop blaming the wrong people for stupidity on 2 wheels.

Thursday, 13 September 2018, 1:00 pm
    • Your a stupid old lady you for this comment if it were your family you wouldn’t be saying all that

Thursday, 13 September 2018, 4:25 pm
      • Doesn’t answer the question – how fast was he going?

Saturday, 15 September 2018, 3:18 pm
      • Yeah exactly you would be defistated that your son just died so don’t post mean stuff. And guess this is coming from a 11 year old. Ha😎

Saturday, 15 September 2018, 4:49 pm
  • Oh wow look at that another old dumb killed another young rider. Been hit twice one 83 one 72 when is this going to end?

Monday, 10 September 2018, 12:23 pm
    • Brandon, how’s your driving record? You got hit due to reckless driving caused by you. Just so happens they were by older people that YOU HIT.

Monday, 10 September 2018, 9:46 pm
  • This is just getting out of hand why is it always an old person that are hitting the motorcycles and the best excuse is I didn’t see him just tell me how don’t you see a motorcycle. This poor family may god be with him and them

Monday, 10 September 2018, 9:07 am
  • My biggest question is if the KTM was a street legal version equipped with head and tail lights. Was it being operated properly for street use? If not then it may well have been the motorcycles fault.

Monday, 10 September 2018, 6:55 am
    • It was in the middle of the day you idiot, what does head and tail lights have to do with anything. Also, the bike was a super moto which doesn’t exceeed speeds of 60 mph… So in that case the elderly woman shouldn’t have been on the road, and somthing needs to be done about these idiots driving on the road when they can barley walk.

Monday, 10 September 2018, 2:26 pm
      • Austin, KTM SUPERMOTOS can reach a speed of up to118 mph. Where did you get your info?

Monday, 10 September 2018, 9:52 pm
      • Austin, the time of day is not relevant as: 1) it makes it easier to see a m/c, and 2) Florida law says m/c’s must have a headlight on while in use. Now while I understand you’re probably of the mindset that a light in the day light is of no use, I’d counter that 1) I ride and I know it has made the difference numerous times, 2) I drive cars, etc., and I know it has enabled me to see “something” coming when I might have missed it, and 3) IF having a light on gives a glimmer of hope to be seen and avoid a crash, it saves much sorrow, sadness, and money. And if it doesn’t help, what exactly did it cost to give it a shot? Bikers HAVE to drive defensively, why allow others to control your destiny, fate, or future?

Tuesday, 11 September 2018, 9:26 am
  • Hopefully they all find oracle peace.

Monday, 10 September 2018, 4:23 am
  • Prayers for His Family & Friends also for the other Party in the other vehicle

Monday, 10 September 2018, 12:48 am
  • The woman was turning into walmart. The accident was at the 54 entrance to the store. I was at the scene. May he rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Monday, 10 September 2018, 12:33 am
  • there need to be regular drivers license competency tests and associated vision tests for all drivers after the age of sixty five.mandatory.

Sunday, 9 September 2018, 9:28 pm
    • how about for all ages….period….stupid doesn’t know an age minimum or limit

Sunday, 9 September 2018, 10:40 pm
      • Great point

Monday, 10 September 2018, 1:23 pm
        • JoeBlow…I am 71 years old and race up at citrus every week…you gonna tell me i can’t drive?

Monday, 10 September 2018, 2:09 pm
          • Dad, is that you?! How’d you get outta the nursing home again? And quit telling those racing stories. Nobody believes ‘em anymore.

Monday, 10 September 2018, 4:55 pm
  • Charges pending…😣

Sunday, 9 September 2018, 9:20 pm
    • There should be charges, and changes too. 50 and over should only be able to renew their license every year and that forces them to have to take that eye test EVERY YEAR. I’m so sorry for the family and friends of this obviously popular and kind young man 🙏

Monday, 10 September 2018, 7:14 pm
      • WTFudge you will be 50 sooner than you think.

Monday, 10 September 2018, 8:46 pm
      • WTFudge, don’t keep blaming the old folk for their skills. You younguns have no place to condemn. I see many young drivers texting wit a cigarette in their mouths weaving in an out of their lanes. I am 65 years old, no tickets, no accidents, so does that mean I should have an attachment to my LICENSE? How’s your driving record?

Monday, 10 September 2018, 9:41 pm
      • The elderly need other options to get to where they have to go without driving I mean do you see the elderly that get behind the wheel? It is scarey Rt 19 is horrible

Monday, 10 September 2018, 11:15 pm