Two Vehicle Rollover Crash Injures One, Deltona and Boyce

SPRING HILL – At least one person has sustained injuries in a two vehicle rollover crash at the intersection of Deltona Blvd and Boyce Street.

Fire Rescue responded to the scene and discovered one of the vehicles on its side. Rescue personnel were forced to cut away the roof so they could access a trapped female occupant.

The extent of her injuries is unknown at this time.
The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating the cause of the crash.

rol 1 rol 2 rol 3 Interior Large copy

Comments
  • Everyone’s concern is completely valid. People are trying to figure out why this is such a common accident and how to help prevent further accidents like these. There’s always a reason why it happened. Whether it’s a car malfunction, weather condition, speeding, a driver under the influence of some type of drug or alcohol or a driver being distracted by something. Vehicles don’t just start flipping for no reason and thank God!!!! I’m sorry but, your point is not valid. It absolutely matters HOW! It’s not people just being nosey, it’s people trying to stay informed! You can tell reading the comments back and forth that some people are trying to tell others there’s a better way to go about things. I will agree, we definitely need more cops but that’s why everything you said that doesn’t matter..does! Rather than being “childish” and telling others what to say, maybe you should figure out what you can do to help prevent these kinds of accidents especially if you’ve just lost a loved over the same issue.

Ann, of course we are glad your sister is okay! I would hope any normal human being would hope that.

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 2:20 pm
  • LOL Why is it that everyone is concerned with taxes, lights, more police, weights of cars etc. Ann posted that it was her sister and it was not as bad as it could have been. Is that not where you concern should be? Acting like children on here is sad and pathetic. I cannot believe you are all that bored.

Ann i am glad your sister is alive. Unfortunately yes roll overs have been happening alot and it was just last Friday when a good friend was buried due to being ejected from his car as it rolled over.

Point is that it does not NOT EVER matter how it happened it matters if the person survives or not.
    We lost a loved one because of his.

*****Everyone should just be saying Ann I am glad your sister made it*****

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 11:13 am
  • Roll overs are all over and paying more in taxes not going help lights not going help hcso is lazy they not help people need pay attention

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 10:54 pm
  • Another day another famous Florida roll over…unreal

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 8:06 pm
  • Inclusive, exactly. I have no problem paying a little more in taxes for things we need. I guess I just get sick of hearing people complaining and doing nothing about it or voting against a tax increase.

Frown face, I’m flattered you think I know all!? Anyways, so let me try and understand you correctly.. You are mad because the Sheriff’s office does speed traps but in the same argument you say they are not protecting the traffic laws! Well, which one is it? Since I know all, it sounds to me like we have deputies doing what they should be doing but unfortunately not enough to catch every law breaker you see. Hmm…?

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 2:45 pm
  • Food you sound like a fool smh my gosh what about some common sense.

Monday, 30 May 2016, 5:48 pm
  • ……so this is what happens when 2 Chevrolets get together…..SAD automakers and very unsafe

Monday, 30 May 2016, 10:57 am
  • Frown Face, I believe Jessica was just “concerned” your suggestion would come at a price. I agree we need more officers. I also agree that putting more officers on duty cost money. How does a county get the money to pay for things, taxes!
    I do have a question :(, where did you get your statistics? “90%of other drivers are speeding, failing to use signals, running stop signs and road rage” and “So many accidents recently but not enough traffic tickets given out” I would hate to think your statistics/facts are really your quantified opinion.

Sunday, 29 May 2016, 8:50 am
  • Commonsense? , can’t you come up with anything else with your fabulous new york education!

Saturday, 28 May 2016, 1:11 pm
  • Well my sister was the one in the rolled over car was in hospital till this evening accident sounded worse then what it was thx to the firefighters and ems that called me! ?

Saturday, 28 May 2016, 1:32 am
  • Type of cars, Weight of cars, How about we talk about the real cause of these accidents, PEOPLE NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO THEIR DRIVING. People cause accidents, not cars.

Friday, 27 May 2016, 7:48 pm
  • ha ya ok people, lets put up a street light (its day time folks when this accident happened.) Ya lets pay more taxes so we can have more deputies so they can put more cameras on their patrol cars to ride up and down parking lots scanning tags looking for expired tags instead of doing their job and patrolling neighborhoods to keep crime down like they used to do back in the day. MORE MORE MORE isnt always better!

Friday, 27 May 2016, 7:44 pm
  • OK Jessica, since you know all. Two nights ago I was driving down Barclay with a cop in the lane next to me, a truck clearly ran through a stop sign without even slowing down and then proceeded down the right lane until he switched lanes with no signal. I was certain he was going to get pulled over by the cop who did not pull him over and carried on. I asked my dad why the cop didn’t do anything, his answer was he was probably off of work. Yeah, state troopers have to come in the area to HELP since our cops won’t protect the traffic laws … Oh but they sure as heck will have five cop cars in one area for a speed trap. I have a right to be concerned by this and if you’re driving on our roads you should be just as concerned. Thank you for your input and just no seeing the bigger picture.

Friday, 27 May 2016, 7:32 pm
  • No wonder out auto insurance rates are going through roof, Auto crashes going on here every day.

Friday, 27 May 2016, 7:22 pm
  • Now there rolling over in pairs, Is there some kind of contest going on as who can roll over the most.

Friday, 27 May 2016, 7:19 pm
  • hey jim check stats its not the weight of the cars. look at the last few decades vehicle weight has actually increased while the average individuals intelligence has actually decreased compared to prior decades. The average person is actually dumber than decades prior. Might be more correlation with that.. Our poverty rates are higher, our incarceration rate is one of the highest, our upper grade school drop out rates are one of the highest, our obesity, cancer, heart disease rates are among the highest in the world also.. Maybe we are now competing with roller over stats so we can say we are number one,

Friday, 27 May 2016, 6:10 pm
  • Frown face, how about you get the citizens of Hernando County to pay more in taxes and maybe they’ll be able to hire more deputies to please everyone. But, fat chance. People think money grows on trees and that they shouldn’t have to contribute. I’ve seen an increase of State Troopers in our area lately as well as our deputies so it’s not like they aren’t around but of course they don’t have special powers to know when every single person is breaking the law. Give them a little more credit for what they do. If you have concerns over certain roads I’m sure they’d be happy to hear about it….

Friday, 27 May 2016, 5:53 pm
  • I WITNESSED THAT CRASH AND IN REALITY IT WAS NOT THAT BAD > I HAVE BEEN THINKING SINCE 1 POSTER SAID A FEW WEEKS AGO THAT THERE SEEMS TO BE AN AWFUL LOT OF ROLLOVERS LATELY THAT IT MAY BE THE VEHICLES . AND AFTER WHAT I SAW TODAY HE MIGHT HAVE A POINT !!! THEY KEEP MAKING VEHICLES LIGHTER AND LIGHTER TO ACCOMPLISH VERY DIFFICULT MPG RESULTS AND I WOMDER IF THEY HAVE EVER MADE THE WHEELBASE ANY WIDER ?? I CAN TELL YOU THAT YOU COULD NOT ROLL A 57 OLDSMOBILE !!!!!!!!!!!! I PRAY FOR THE INJURED !!!!!

Friday, 27 May 2016, 3:43 pm
  • I’m glad hcso is very concentrated on the drugs on the street but there are so many times, daily that 90%of other drivers are speeding, failing to use signals, running stop signs and road rage… I RARELY see anyone ever pulled over. I think it’s time to start patrolling the traffic a little better HCSO. So many accidents recently but not enough traffic tickets given out. Let’s focus on that just as much, HCSO, because people are dying left and right or being critically injured! I hope she is okay and I hope that the person at fault gets a ticket and thinks twice before breaking even the smallest of traffic laws!

Friday, 27 May 2016, 3:00 pm
    • Having some great friends who work at HCSO, they just cannot be everywhere at once! Sure if you want to somehow collect/divert more tax resources to them they could do it all, but for what they currently have to work with, they are doing a fantastic job.

Sunday, 29 May 2016, 11:52 am
  • put up street light on that intersection so nobody gets hurt and cameras

Friday, 27 May 2016, 2:04 pm