Vehicle Snaps Utility Pole and Overturns, One Injured

BROOKSVILLE – At least one person sustained minor injuries, after a single vehicle accident at the intersection of Fort Dade Ave and Sam C Road.

Fire Rescue responded to the scene and discovered a vehicle overturned and  a utility pole snapped in half.

Sources say the driver was transported locally for treatment.

The roadway should be clear at this time.

tree 1 tree 2 tree 3 Interior Large copy

Comments
  • Backwards hillbilly…good one Gomer…why don’t you wash those cammo clothes….

Saturday, 21 May 2016, 1:43 pm
  • Boschump, stupid capital of the world!

Friday, 20 May 2016, 5:07 pm
  • Hernando County….the roll over capital of the world….

Friday, 20 May 2016, 3:12 pm
  • Michelle B…..prayers for your daughter’s complete recovery.

Friday, 20 May 2016, 4:25 am
  • Thank you..she broke her back. Thanks to God he literally was watching over her. 😉

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 9:58 pm
  • Michele, I hope you didn’t think I was being insensitive, however upon working for the Hillsborough County Medical Examiner as a Removal Specialist I have seen more than you could ever imagine. Every time we received a call for an auto fatality it would just tear me apart to imagine some poor life was lost and the majority of the time it was due to irresponsible neglect. I do not know the details of what occurred with your daughter so I will not judge, but I do hope she will rethink what had happened so it never happens again. I am truly sorry.

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 9:07 pm
  • I don’t know how this happened, but I was outside working, I heard what I thought was ANOTHER Sam C Road, Hot Rod (have seen at least 3 side by side drag race on Sam C) heard gunning of engine then three loud explosions and power out for 4hrs.. Thank you WREC for getting it done! When I called to report outage, I was told it was an accident. Thought this was a quite little road to live on, I found out this little road seems to be for Drag Races, Stomping the gas just for the Hell of it. I know neighbors have complained about this and they tell me it’s a waste of time, MIGHT NOT BE, MIGHT SAVE SOME YOUNG LIVES! Was good to hear no one lost their life THIS TIME! For the Mother, so sorry, but so grateful you still have your child and no one else had to get such a phone call. Please Be Safe and Considerate.

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 5:52 pm
  • Proud Veteran, thank you! Michelle, glad your daughter is ok.

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 5:12 pm
  • Thank you for all the caring responses. My daughter is lucky to be Alive…banged up,bruised and catscans etc…neighbor called me and comforted my 16 yr old dgtr and called me. Not a call a parent wants to hear. So grateful shes alive. She doesnt remember much. Thx again for the prayers and concern for her.

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 2:49 pm
  • I bet you money this was another teenager who thinks that speeding is okay! There is absolutely no reason a car of that size should be flipped upside down and snapping a utility pole in half, how do these kids even pass their tests to get their licenses!!

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 2:17 pm
  • FYI, and this was a what road? It wasn’t a highway, it was a residential street. You do not overturn your vehicle and split a pole in two doing 20 or even 30 mph. My daughter recently had a tire blow out on US 19 a few weeks ago, she never lost control of her vehicle doing 48 mph. Your theory is ridiculous and incorrect. These accidents occur as a result of careless driving and not paying attention.

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 10:27 am
  • Food for thought, yea you might have appoint there. It may also be possible the driver sneezed, maybe he coughed, maybe his paycheck flew out the window, maybe his shoelaces got caught in the steering wheel, maybe he got a leg cramp and his foot pushed down onto the gas pedal, maybe his seat wasn’t adjusted properly, maybe it was too dark and he didn’t see that pole jump out at him, maybe his rear view mirror wasn’t adjusted properly, maybe he took a nap, or just maybe that Pole was out a little bit too far onto the roadway. Any more ideas?

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 10:19 am
  • Fyi speed does not always have to be the cause of a rollover… Tread comes off the tire leaving basically a hydroplaning experience, at an attempt to stop the vehicle, it slides out of control from the tire still holding air but no tread, throws you across 3 lanes of traffic into a guard rail the vehicle than makes impact with the guard rail spins and the rear bumper catches the rail and flips the vehicle. Speed at the time 60 ( in a 70 on I75) and gradually slowing because you know you blew a tire. Vehicle flips and skids on its side. Luckily you all had your seat belt on and walk away with minor injuries. It’s not always speed…. Hope the drivers is ok, prayers

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 9:39 am
  • now now for all you know this car could of fell from the sky being transported via commercial plane, could of been a medical episode or slight incline in the road, lack of signage, no flashing signals, or even a defect in the vehicle like uneven weight balance. lets not fault the driver. probably a perfectly rational logical reason for this aside from driver error.

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 8:39 am
  • got my last text in before being stupid

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 5:04 am
  • Another distracted , speeding idiot, tearing through Hernando County roads , losing control , flipping their car , seems to be the norm here lately , thank god they didn’t hurt anyone !

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 2:12 am
  • Wow, you people have way too much time on your hands!!!!!!!!!! Hope the driver is okay, prayers to him or her.

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 1:24 am
  • Seems like speed has something to do with this roll over especially snapping a telephone pole in half.. Prayers for a full recovery

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 12:58 am
  • 60%’ your kidding right? Not even close with those stats. Vehicles over turn because of ignorant immature inexperienced driver who seem to feel the need for speeds. Speed, that is what causes vehicles to turn over, not the construction or material the vehicle is made of. FYI, if you remember back in the day the older Jeeps were known to overturn often. It was determined that it was the span of the axles. By widening the axles on Jeeps resulted in less rollovers. Also betting alcohol, texting and drugs play a large part of many accidents today.

Wednesday, 18 May 2016, 11:52 pm
  • I’m happy the drivers injuries are minimal. I don’t care to much about the car, how it flipped, why it flipped, what the driver should have or should have not been doing, praying for a speedy recovery.
    Be Safe!

Wednesday, 18 May 2016, 11:41 pm
  • Why do 60% of accidents wind up with an overturned vehicle? It seems like the center of gravity of most newer cars and trucks have moved higher causing any external force to cause a roll over. In the 70’s & 80’s it was almost impossible to roll a full size car. Now with lightwe materials, smaller and taller SUV’S, you can get upside very quickly. Wearing seatbelts is a must or you could be thrown out of a rolling vehicle.

Wednesday, 18 May 2016, 10:22 pm
    • Rolling your vehicle now seems to be in style here in Hernando County because it seems that there are rollovers almost every day.

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 2:14 pm