Walgreens Robbery Suspect Behind Bars, Fled After Pharmacists said “Get out”

LAND O’ LAKES (PASCO) – On Friday, RNRF broke the news of a brazen armed robbery attempt at the Walgreens Pharmacy on Cortez Blvd. ORIGINAL REPORT

The suspect avoided capture for nearly a week but officials now say they have the man responsible for the robbery behind bars in Pasco County.

According to reports, Deputies responded to the Walgreens Pharmacy around 10:00 p.m. Friday, where they learned that the suspect entered the store, unpackaged a knife from the home goods aisle, and then headed for the pharmacy. Surveillance video shows the man jump over the counter, threaten the pharmacist with the knife, and yell “Give me your bottles.” The pharmacist yelled back at the suspect to get out of the pharmacy, which he complied and fled the store.

The suspect fled in a black BMW, later confirmed to be in the area of the Wawa gas station 10 minutes prior to the robbery attempt.

After recovering a palm print from the pharmacy counter, investigators were able to positively identify the suspect as 45-year-old Justin Curtis Lee of New Port Richey.

On Monday Lee was taken into custody at his home and transported to the Land O’ Lakes jail.

Lee faces charges of attempted armed robbery and retail theft.

He remains behind bars at this time, held on a $51,000 bond.

lee  fe rer rob 3 rob 2 rob 1

Comments
  • How do u spell law suit? Lol. Is this person really getting angry for all that’s being said about the guy who robbed a pharmacy? And her argument is that she Is going to sue because they said he was from the wrong city?? And just out of curiosity, what does “tbanx” mean? Lmao. Geeze, that trial is gonna be good! Let me know what lawyer you retain for this “law suite” and if he lives on sesame Street

Wednesday, 21 September 2016, 6:44 pm
    • How about give me your real name so I can meet you 🙂 and actually you trying to criticize my spelling !! I am actually getting angry about the whole situation and how other mfer’s can’t mind their own business and how everyone judges so quickly and the report wasn’t even legit.. I am allowed to be angry I didn’t ask you’re opinion YOU SHEEP!!!!! and another thing is everyone got something to say until they meet in person 🙂 I’m JS… everyone has to put a opinion on something when they personally half the time dunno wtf they are even talking about … JUST LIKE YOU!!!

Friday, 2 February 2018, 6:58 pm
      • when they personally dunno wtf is going on half the time or dunno wtf they are even talking about!!!! JUST LIKE YOU******

Friday, 2 February 2018, 7:01 pm
  • ? thats my heart and he isnt a bad guy and Gods gonna help him and with my loyalty he dont need not 1 opinion of a sheep.. Holla

Wednesday, 21 September 2016, 6:38 pm
  • Sinners judging other sinners

Wednesday, 21 September 2016, 6:37 pm
  • Some people dont know him or are on drugs there self leave my husband alone and he was not a resident of new port richey either this article isnt even accurate so.. I presume lawsuite in the making… Everyone else talking hes white tbanx and i wish a would step to my face lol ill pray for yall

Wednesday, 21 September 2016, 6:36 pm
  • Wow… The last time I got in trouble was because he called the cops on me after shooting at me…. Best thing that ever happened. I went to jail and was offered a deal to get help. I took that deal thinking I was just going to fake it till I make it, but things changed, and I really did get the help that I needed. Now I just got married last week, I’m going to school for engineering; I have my own place, I have money saved up (not very usual for a junkie), and I’m looking to buy a house for the first time. The thought still lingers in my mind, and I’m sure it always will, but people can change. I pray the state gives him the same opportunity that they gave me.

Tuesday, 20 September 2016, 5:11 pm
  • Always knew he would amount to nothing. Misprint by the way he is not 45

Thursday, 15 September 2016, 7:45 pm
    • always knew you be a punk!!!

Friday, 2 February 2018, 6:59 pm
  • Wtf….. Is that you plumbleezy???

Thursday, 15 September 2016, 1:58 pm
  • Man we use to straight clown on each other in math class it’s crazy how people change smh…..

Wednesday, 14 September 2016, 3:24 pm
  • He definitely white too just saying

Wednesday, 14 September 2016, 3:22 pm
  • I went to school with this guy he’s not 45 I’ll tell you that. And at one time he lived in my neighborhood for awhile. Damn man I hope you learn from this and get some help

Wednesday, 14 September 2016, 3:21 pm
  • And he’s a white boy no mix

Tuesday, 13 September 2016, 10:55 pm
  • Lmao I went to school with this dumb ass before he dropped out of newberry high in newberry fl where he is from. just west of Gainesville FL. he’s 29 yrs old and was hooked on drugs around here also he useless I always figured he’d end up locked up in prison lmfao

Tuesday, 13 September 2016, 10:53 pm
  • Foodforthought are you an active Leo? The “David” driver and vehicle identification database” is for use of law enforcement for investigation not personal look up for your own knowledge

Thursday, 1 September 2016, 10:30 am
  • Fair enough… Maybe mixed breed was totally not what I meant.. inbred? Is that better? Lol. Either way… what a waste of a life. Too bad people can’t just choose to be the change the world needs instead of adding to the crime statistics. Smh

Wednesday, 31 August 2016, 10:37 pm
    • inbred?? no no honey he is far from it!!! you can just stfu and have a seat with the rest of the clowns and leave my husband alone.. no one is perfect and you’re probably sitting there eating fukin bonbons wishing you had someone who loved you!!!

Friday, 2 February 2018, 7:10 pm
  • Linds , an apology is enough but my last comment was posted before your apology. I didn’t see it until now. I am not a lover of drama..

Wednesday, 31 August 2016, 7:07 pm
  • I’d like to know how your allowed to use the DAVID system without being actively in pursuit of this person or case? Isn’t that a violation of it. You are not allowed to use it for personal use.

Wednesday, 31 August 2016, 6:08 pm
  • Ok guys. Time to cue up the talking points. Are you ready? Good. Repeat after me.

1. This guy will be walking the streets in no time after some judge indiscriminately lowers his bond!!!!

2. I can’t believe our gubmint doles out benefits to this guy. Don’t they know that all people receiving benefits are really criminals scamming the system?

3. He’s been commiting crimes since he was a babe. Shoulda just given him a life sentence at 12 when he was caught walking across Old Man Johnson’s lawn.

4. He has to be from NY or NJ. Seriously, they should all just stay up there because nobody from our sweet little town would ever think of breaking the law.

5. Its all the libruls fault. Always is.

6. If every single person in Hernando would just own a firearm and keep it on their hip at all times then stuff like this would never ever happen. In fact nothing bad would.

7. *** Not a talking point, but more like a rule of thumb.***

Automatically attack the person who presents any sort of differing viewpoint. DON’T attack their point of view. DO attack the person.

Ok, what are you guys waiting for??? Let’s all responsibly comment!

Wednesday, 31 August 2016, 5:13 pm
  • Yea, and you’re a schmuck.. apparently a drama loving schmuck. An apology isn’t enough you have to keep going and going.. Something tells me you’ll go at it all day.. Like I said, wasn’t meant for race. Totally taken out of context.

Wednesday, 31 August 2016, 11:11 am
  • Where I’m from it means something totally different. Wasn’t meant as a racist term. That’s that. But u definitely see where it could be interpreted as such. My apologies.

Wednesday, 31 August 2016, 10:24 am
  • Thank you Julio.. I don’t know what world “linds” lives in, but mixed breeds has nothing to do with parenting.. And all to do with race. Sorry for the cracker remark but linds, you are what you are..

Wednesday, 31 August 2016, 9:33 am
  • Work at Walgreens transferred here from Massachusetts and i wonder if that pharmacist will get written up, reprimanded, or even fired, being a supervisor myslef we are trained to just give them what they want its not worth your life or injury to urself or urfellow co workers, i mean im all for standing up to them depending on the situation at hand but back home in ma, my manager was fired for following a robbery suspect outside to get the make and model of car and plate number, everybody was in disbelief when district came down and came up with that decision, but idk if i would tell them no being in that confined space in the pharmacy, its not the biggest area and close quarters, that pharmacist was definitely brave give them that but Walgreens being a multi billion dollar company the suspects can have what ever they want cus i wanna go home to my kids amd wife at the end of my shift.

Wednesday, 31 August 2016, 8:13 am
  • These people just can’t keep their hands out of the cookie jar.

Wednesday, 31 August 2016, 7:23 am
  • Darrin, it happened in Hernando Co. at the Walgreens at Mariner and 50. He was later found and arrested IN PASCO COUNTY and jailed there…. DUH!!! READ and re-READ the story to get it right. Smh…

Wednesday, 31 August 2016, 1:05 am
  • Mix breeds is a term for bad parenting. Nothing to do with race. Not everything is about race. Calling Linda a cracker seems racist.. thats not nice.And whose linda?

Tuesday, 30 August 2016, 10:05 pm
    • it will be dropped to a lesser charge and he gonna do some time especially if he put anyone in fear

Wednesday, 31 August 2016, 6:38 am
    • That’s not what mix breeds means. It is a racist term. Just like mixed breeds with dogs, it’s exactly what it says…mixed breeds. It has NOTHING to do with parenting. It’s MIXED breed, not mix breeds.

mixed breed

A mixed-breed is a person of unknown ethnicity or a multi-ethnic person.

That mixed breed girl is beautiful, being African, European, and Asian all rolled into one exotic woman!

Wednesday, 31 August 2016, 8:35 am
  • Good job HCSO and PCSO

Tuesday, 30 August 2016, 9:28 pm
  • What a bad that pharmacist is!

Tuesday, 30 August 2016, 8:28 pm
  • Buh bye feener

Tuesday, 30 August 2016, 8:13 pm
  • If this occurred in Pasco why show Hernando Sheriff photos. Unless he is the same one that robbed the Hernando store. Where is the correlation in the news story.

Tuesday, 30 August 2016, 8:12 pm
  • WTG

Tuesday, 30 August 2016, 8:06 pm
  • Hey tom are you sure he is 45 years old? NCIC lists him as 29 for CASE#: 2016-24697HCSO
    Even put it through DAVID and it came back 1987.

Tuesday, 30 August 2016, 8:00 pm
  • To Linda .. What do you mean by “mix breeds”? I am going to take a guess that you are a racist cracker.. Moving on to other things, he is 45 years old? He sure doesn’t look like it.. They say you age quicker if you are a drug abuser? He must be an exception ..

Tuesday, 30 August 2016, 7:37 pm
  • Great job by all of the LEO’s involved. Hope the judge keeps him locked up for a very loooooooong time.

Tuesday, 30 August 2016, 7:26 pm
  • That’s why they call it dope.

Tuesday, 30 August 2016, 6:57 pm
  • Seems to not be a coincidence. Pasco county is nothing but junkies and mix breeds. Lol. What in the world. Every crime committed, the resident is from Port Richey, New Port Richey, or Hudson. Geeze. Waste of life.

Tuesday, 30 August 2016, 6:47 pm
  • Excellent bond Pasco County, good job to all. Including the pharmacist !!

Tuesday, 30 August 2016, 6:18 pm
  • Hang the piece of sh*t.

…..

Tuesday, 30 August 2016, 5:07 pm
    • Hey doc ,hang the “”piece of “. That’d your anwser not knowing anything about the circumstances .
      I’m sure you would say the same thing if it was someone that was kin to you or a best friend that relapsed on a xanax habbit. I understand you don’t get a second chance to make a first impression. So my first impression of you is your a judgememental sucker!

Sunday, 25 September 2016, 3:52 am
    • Hang you’re stupid self I can mail you the products to do so 🙂 Thanx

Friday, 2 February 2018, 7:15 pm
  • Well, another New Port Richey resident. Possibly a relative of the gang banging princess involved in the drive by shooting there this past weekend.
    Western Pasco County appears to be the garden spot of violence in the State of FL.

Tuesday, 30 August 2016, 4:48 pm
    • You sir are a complete Idiot!!

Friday, 2 February 2018, 7:17 pm
  • awesome awesome awesomeness…. way to go HCSO and all involved!!!! ? ? ? ?????

Tuesday, 30 August 2016, 4:33 pm
  • Just goes to show crime does not pay.

Tuesday, 30 August 2016, 4:15 pm
  • Dumb as rocks…he also dropped the knife as he fled. Full fingerprints made him easy to find.

Tuesday, 30 August 2016, 4:12 pm