Weeki Wachee High School Student Dies After Monday’s Rollover Crash

HUDSON (PASCO) – Just minutes ago, RNRF received unconfirmed reports that the young woman critically injured in an accident on Little Road Monday has passed away.

18-year-old Camille Headrick of Weeki Wachee was just weeks away from graduating high school.

We will bring more on this tragic news as it develops.

ORIGINAL REPORT:

A Weeki Wachee High School Student is lucky to be alive tonight, after an early morning crash on Little Road nearly claimed her life.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, 18-year-old Camille Headrick-Long was driving her Honda Civic northbound on Little Road approaching Poe Road, when she lost control and began to rotate towards the center median. As a result, her vehicle struck several small trees and overturned numerous times. Headrick was ejected from the vehicle and sustained critical injuries. She is now listed in serious condition at Bayonet Point Hospital.

Headrick was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.

Charges are pending, according to officials.

Optimized-Camille 2 Optimized-Camille

Headrick 2 Headrick

Comments
  • Baby girl, I always loved you like a daughter and you always called me mom ….
    We will never forget you , with love from Russia . Oksana .

Sunday, 10 May 2015, 10:18 pm
  • Even though I didn’t know her that well she could make someone smile in a heart beat.

Sunday, 10 May 2015, 12:26 pm
  • Sending condolences of prayers of peace, love and strength to family. My heart goes out to you. It so easily could be anyone of our own. My son is a senior at Central High. I pray every day for his safety. God bless all of you.

Saturday, 9 May 2015, 6:29 pm
  • I hope she’s okay…….

Saturday, 9 May 2015, 11:11 am
  • We all love and miss you dearly Camille. Rest in paradise angel

Saturday, 9 May 2015, 10:25 am
  • I was Camille’s history teacher in the 7th grade at Crews Lake Middle School, she was a wonderful young lady always with a smile on her face. One of my favorites.

Friday, 8 May 2015, 12:11 pm
  • So tragic! RIP sweet angel! My prayers to her family, friends and all who came in contact with her! She is loved by many and will be sadly missed!

Friday, 8 May 2015, 4:44 am
  • Having a seatbelt on doesnt always save your life.. I had a friend who’s dad hit a tree dead on and it through him in the passenger seat saving his life from a tree branch that would have went straight through his head if he was wearing his seatbelt.

Friday, 8 May 2015, 1:30 am
  • RIP Camille. Your friends in the chorus were unable to attend the memorial they had for you at weeki wachee because they were in orlando. but they are sad to have missed it and wish they could have been there. my daughter and son are quite shaken by you quick departure. I am sure you are happy. It is your family that needs the hugs right now. I am so sorry from the deepest part of my heart. When i was driving the kids to the high school this morning i was explaining to my son that to bring a kid up to 18 yrs old ( he is 18 and my daughter is 17) it takes a long time. we discussed a little more about how she is fine but it is her family that needs support. just want to express as a weeki wachee high school parent and a parent of 3 kids. I am reaching out to anyone who needs help to get through this.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 11:06 pm
  • youll be missed boo, you always made me laugh in school. Didnt know you too too well but you were great. REST IN PARADISE BABYGIRL

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 10:41 pm
  • I feel the dmv should administer accident prevention simulations classes of some sort. Like what would happen in the event of a tire blow out at different speeds, hitting a curb, swerving in different directions, head on collisions, side impacts, rear endings from complete stops, etc…..
    Alot of people dont know how to react. Some have and hopefully never will be n that situation but should know how to react or what to atleast sort of expect ya know? Should be administered to all new drivers and at least once to all current dl holders.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 8:54 pm
  • prayers and thoughts go out to the family

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 7:09 pm
  • Some people should really think b4 u post! This was a beautiful young women, with her whole life ahead of her.. I have a daughter tht is her age.. and teens jus don’t always think.. it was an accident.. u can blame who ever or whtever u want, in the end it doesn’t matter this young beautiful babygirl, daughter and friend is gone.. send prayers to the family… pray for them.. I can’t imagine losing one of my kids! I lost my bestfriend to a hit an run driver tht hasn’t been found yet and it’s been 6 yrs and she was 27 and not a day goes by I don’t think of her.. bless your family sweetie.. I will be praying for them tonight. Fly high beautiful!

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 6:45 pm
  • I’m truly sorry for the loss of this family the life of such a beautiful young girl I can’t Fathom what it would be like to lose my daughter the same age who witnessed this horrible accident. I can’t believe some of the stupid comments I have seen and things I’ve heard even at work, rumors, unless you were there saw what happened and had to sit by her side praying she wouldn’t die nobody can say anything. yes she might have lived if she had a seat belt on only God knows. Now all we can do is pray for those who loved her to ease their sorrow. I did.not know her but i will never forget her.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 5:28 pm
  • Im so sorry for the lost of this daughter, friend, student, family member… she is in a better place now. Prayers will be lifted, cries will ‘ve heard.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 4:56 pm
  • My brother lost his life in his senior year of high school, due to a car accident and it truly changes everything for so many people…sending prayers and love to this family…I know how it feels and I feel ur pain…so sorry for ur loss

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 3:57 pm
  • What a tragic ending to a simple moment of poor judgement. My son was a classmate and friend to this young lady and he, like so many of his classmates and friends, is heartbroken over this. From our family to all those affected by this and particular Camille’s family, our thought and prayers are with you.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 3:42 pm
  • My thoughts and prayers are with her family. I’m sorry for your loss. I actually witness the whole accident (the car flipping in the air and saw her) We all ran to help. Everybody that was there help to comfort and protect her before the cop and fire department got there.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 3:12 pm

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 3:07 pm
  • Sorry to hear that terrible news, fastening her seat belt would have probably saved her life so why don’t people buckle up in beyond me.I myself always used them even before it became the law.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 2:24 pm
  • I knew Camille from her time in Ocala. She had such a sweetness about her that drew everyone in. You could not help but smile in her presence. I have always wondered how she was doing and was truly saddened to read about this today. Camille you are loved and will be missed by everyone that came in contact with you. I see the heavens smiling as I look up to the sky. May you always shine, and I know you will continue to live in all of our hearts down here on earth. You will be truly missed sweet girl. Miss Linn

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 1:31 pm
  • My prayers go out to Tha family she was a beautiful girl she is now a beautiful angel RIP sweet girl

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 1:27 pm
  • I, being a Mother , Grandmother and soon Greatgrandmother, feel a deep sense of loss for Camille and her family! Know that many prayers are lifted up for strength and courage to lead you all through this time of darkness to a light so healing that it almost seems impossible to beleive.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 1:14 pm
  • Our thoughts and prayers to your family. My daughter just meet her this weekend at prom and said what a sweet wonderful person she was. R.I.P Sweet Girl.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 12:51 pm
  • I heard she got high before started driving.. How can you drive when your high? Springhill so stupid

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 12:32 pm
    • This post is insensitive….you HEARD…..do you know this as a fact? I suggest you keep your rumors to yourself. The point is this young girl lost her life and her family and friends are hurting (my daughter being one of them) Think before you post stupid stuff. This could be one of your loved ones and you wouldn’t want people dragging their name or their death through the mud. Have some respect and class. SMH

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 2:13 pm
  • This beautiful young lady was a good friend of my daughters, this really hits home for me. I hope in light of this tragedy this will be a lesson for ANYONE that does not wear a seatbelt. May peace be with the family and friends of this beautiful, young lady.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 11:09 am
  • OMG words cannot express the sorrow I feel! I pray God gives this family the strength and comfort to get through this sad time. What a beautiful girl. 🙁

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 10:53 am
  • My thoughts and prayers go out to this family, cannot imagine what they are going through!

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 10:38 am
  • does anyone know when the funeral is?

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 9:30 am
  • Prayers to her family, friends, and classmates! So sad!

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 9:27 am
  • RIP ANGEL ! GO FLY YOU HAVE YOUR WINGS ! BEAUTIFUL

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 9:27 am
  • Very sad and tragic news. Prayers are with the family, friends, and Weeki Wachee High School. Tim Martin

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 8:49 am
  • God must have a special plan for you. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and those who love you. Rest in Paradise Camille.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 8:39 am
  • Camille, you were bright young woman. And I love you so much. You always knew how to make anyone laugh. You WILL be greatly missed babygirl. Always remember that. Class of 2015 always and forever. R.I.P CAMILLE

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 8:05 am
  • So very sad. Prayers to the family.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 7:57 am
  • You will be dearly miss camille. The next few months are going to be very hard for everyone. She was a great girl with her whole life ahead of her. Gone but never forgotten. Prayers for family,friends, and everyone that knew her.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 7:50 am
  • Our prayers go out to the family. My son went to middle school with her at CLM. Fly high sweet Camille. .may you rest in paradise.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 7:34 am
  • This story is so sad as being a parent I couldn’t even imagine what this family is going threw. My thoughts &prayers are with all. God bless this family in there time of grief and may this beautiful girl rest in peace.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 2:20 am
  • My thoughts and prayers are with the loved ones left behind, to grieve the
    loss of this young girls untimely passing. 🙁 I am so sorry for your loss..
    May she rest in peace. 🙁

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 12:39 am
  • Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. My son is in the same grade and school as your sweet daughter. We pray the Lord comforts y’all and gives y’all strength during this very difficult time. R.I.P. sweet angel.

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 10:54 pm
  • Prayers for comfort & peace lifted up for her family and the lives of others she touched. Such a heartbreaking tragedy

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 10:12 pm
  • My thought and prayers are with the loved ones. She was a great girl with a beautiful smile. You will be missed but never forgotten!

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 10:04 pm
  • Everyone blames the seat belt… But I know from experience it works both ways I was in a head on collision 19 hrs ago and didn’t have my seat belt on.. I am so sorry for the loss of such a young woman who had her whole life ahead of her.. My thoughts and prayers are with her family in this sad time.

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 10:01 pm
    • A seat belt in this instance would have saved this poor girl.
      YES on rare occasions wearing a seat belt could be detrimental in a accident.
      But statistics show that your odds are still better with a seat belt worn.

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 10:59 pm
    • Are you kidding? No, it doesn’t go both ways. Always wear your seatbelt. This poor girl would probably be alive had she been wearing it. Heartbreaking.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 10:55 am
  • Prayers to the family! May God help you all heal! So sad! Winding waters family sends r love to your family! R.I.P sweet child!

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 9:46 pm
  • My thoughts and prayers are with her family….having a daughter almost the same age who knew her makes this too real and very sad…..buckle up please!

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 8:42 pm
  • We loved her so much, this news is heart-ripping! Loved laughing with her at Westshore Bistro. Rip, you’ll be missed.

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 8:39 pm
  • Thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends.

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 8:37 pm
  • So so sad….. prayers for all loved ones, friends, and staff…..

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 8:27 pm
  • Sending prayers to the beautiful family

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 8:25 pm
  • Just goes to show how important a simple strip of material is. Sending prayers to her family and friends. Daughter is a student there. Hopefully these kids take this tragedy as a lesson. Sad to see a young life lost over such a common mistake.

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 7:38 pm