Weeki Wachee High School Student in Serious Condition After Vehicle Crash

HUDSON (PASCO) – A Weeki Wachee High School Student is lucky to be alive tonight, after an early morning crash on Little Road nearly claimed her life.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, 18-year-old Camille Headrick-Long was driving her Honda Civic northbound on Little Road, approaching Poe Road, when she lost control and began to rotate towards the center median. As a result, her vehicle struck several small trees and overturned numerous times. Headrick was ejected from the vehicle and sustained critical injuries. She is now listed in serious condition at Bayonet Point Hospital.

Headrick was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.

Charges are pending, according to officials.

Headrick 2 Headrick

Comments
  • I live in the submission north of the accident . As a father of two girls and a husband and family man I will never pass by that area and not think of a young girl I never knew that could have thought me so much … Live .. Love … Laugh .. I have shed my tear and move on now as a parent of my own kids. The pain I feel can never measure to theirs but you are never alone.

Saturday, 9 May 2015, 10:23 pm
  • So sad she passed away 🙁

Saturday, 9 May 2015, 9:47 am
  • Camille has been in our thoughts and prayers since we heard the news of the accident. Our prayers go out to the family, we are so very sorry.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 4:43 pm
  • Hey my name is Stephanie and I am her friend and it hurt that I hear that she die today and would ever that is there please put your seat bucket on and be safe

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 3:35 pm
  • I remember Camille as an energetic volleyball player. I played volleyball with her while she lived in Ocala. We were the only two girls that actually got along because we weren’t stuck up. She always would run for the ball and knock me out of her way but I would do anything to go back to that. Camille made me stay positive during our volleyball season together and I cant thank her enough for showing me the light in darkness. I hate to see you go this soon, Camille. I wish you didn’t go for that drive that morning. I love you and I will always be thinking about you. Rest in peace, Camille.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 1:54 pm
  • I’m so sorry for your loss. And to all you hypocrites you guys are dumb she was s nice young girl who will be dearly missed by everyone including all her friends at weeki wachee. I go to the same school and she was nice and a very beautiful Young girl who didn’t deserve it. I will keep her and her family in my prayers.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 9:58 am
  • I am a Senior at Weeki Wachee High school and i am very sorry to hear that Camille passed away. she was such a beautiful soul and sweet person.May blessings and prayers go out to the family.R.I.P.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 9:48 am
  • I’m so very sorry to hear about Camille. I was her mentor when she attended the Florida Youth Leadership Academy. She was an amazing young lady with such a bright smile. I will always remember her. Please let us know about the arrangements.

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 9:41 am
  • I am so sorry my condolences go to you and your whole family

Thursday, 7 May 2015, 1:08 am
  • I’m so sorry for your loss my thoughts and prayers are with her family and friend
    Weeki wachee parent

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 11:19 pm
  • With a heavy heavy heart, I’m sorry inform you all they earlier today Camille passed. The swelling in her brain became too much and cut off the circulation. We’ve gained a beautiful angel and she will be greatly missed by so many. I will update funeral arrangements asap. Thank you all for your prayers and support.

In company with Christ,
    Who died and now lives,
    may she rejoice in Your kingdom,
    where all the tears are wiped away.
    Unite us together again in one family,
    to sing Your praise forever and ever.

Amen.

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 10:22 pm
  • My heart goes out to the entire family. My prayers go out to you all, and to all of her friends during this hard time.

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 9:45 pm
  • RIP Camille. My daughter Jaci was a classmate & we all send our love & prayers to the family. Be strong…

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 9:24 pm
  • Im very sorry for your loss. She has been in our thoughts and prayers since we sat by her side and waited for help.

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 8:52 pm
  • Rest in peace sweet one:'(

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 7:58 pm
  • So sad

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 7:28 pm
  • sending thoughts and prayers out to her family

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 7:28 pm
  • My Prayers are with you and your family

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 7:26 pm
  • Rip Camille, God gained another beautiful angel you fought hard and strong❤️

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 7:24 pm
  • Please tell me she did not pass away

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 7:01 pm
  • I am sorry to report that I was informed Camille passed a short while ago. Please uplift the family in prayers.

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 6:59 pm
  • My name is Tina. Prayers for this girl and her family. I run a traumatic brain injury (TBI) support group in Hernando County. We can be reached at 352-556-5516 or face book: TBI of Hernando County. Our brain is an incredible, resilient organ. Prayers for her recovery.

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 6:16 pm
  • MY Prayers go out to Camille and family. as a parent Please wear your seat belt Camille God with you

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 4:16 pm
  • What hospital is she in

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 2:35 pm
  • Oh Camille, please hang on! I know you can do it honey, keep on fighting! The WWHS Lady Hornets soccer team is rooting for you!

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 11:35 am
  • Dear mom of the girl Who had the accident on little road. my prayers are going all out and I do feel in my heart that she’s going to make it , my prayers are coming to you guys

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 11:33 am
  • Hi Nickole, as a first responder, I stopped at the scene to see if I could be of assistance. I arrived on scene about a minute or two after the accident, and a couple of minutes before law enforcement and fire and rescue. As a parent with 2 teens still living at home, I could only imagine the phone call that your family would be getting. Based on what I seen at the scene, it is a miracle from God that she is still alive. Camille and the family have been in my prayers since the accident. I will keep following here to see how she is doing.

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 11:28 am
  • I can’t wait until she wakes up, I know she’ll be okay it will just be a lot of hard work , I’ve been praying so much . Please update us when Friends aloud to see her. I really just want to tell her I’m there and praying for her.

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 11:20 am
  • Nickole she IS in there!! She is a strong girl and a fighter. She will come through this!! Believe <3

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 8:44 am
  • As of May 5th, Camille is still in a coma. Her brain had slight swelling today but she is on medication to keep it under control. Her face and head are still healing and have a long way to go. She is also still on a breathing machine to keep her going but doctors have high hopes that she will start doing it on her own soon. We did see some movement today which raised our hopes that our sweet girl is still in there holding on. Please keep the prayers coming!

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 1:10 am
  • How is she doing anybody know? Where is she so we can send flowers.

Tuesday, 5 May 2015, 9:57 pm
  • Hope for a speedy recovery

Tuesday, 5 May 2015, 9:00 pm
  • I went to school with her back when I was in high school. I pray she wakes up and that her recovery is fast and easy.

Tuesday, 5 May 2015, 1:03 pm
  • praying for Camille that our Heavenly Father heals and comforts her as well as her family.

Tuesday, 5 May 2015, 12:04 pm
  • Nickole can you please call or text me 8137662402. She was in foster care with my family (Patterson) and we have been trying to get an update but have been told there is no patient with her name.

Tuesday, 5 May 2015, 11:47 am
  • Please keep us updated. Our prayers for a speedy recovery. If we can help in anyway please contact us on https://www.facebook.com/TheMiguelChallenge?fref=ts Good Bless you all <3

Tuesday, 5 May 2015, 10:39 am
  • Prayers to Camille and her family.

Tuesday, 5 May 2015, 9:24 am
  • I had to swerve into the median to keep from getting hit by her car as it was rolling I ran to her side I have thought of nothing but her all day and all night my teenage daughter Was with me also and grandson it was very traumatic I have prayed for her constantly I hope she recovers, never seen anything like it before, it haunts me especially Not being able to help. Beautiful girl…..please people wear seat belts, slow down n don’t text…thanks for the updates

Tuesday, 5 May 2015, 7:28 am
  • Praying for a speedy recovery. I go to the same school as her and we were suppose to graduate together. Praying we still can. Please keep updates coming if possible.

Tuesday, 5 May 2015, 6:46 am
  • Prayers

Tuesday, 5 May 2015, 5:08 am
  • Update: Camille is out of surgery and is doing good, she is still in a coma, but the surgeons said there wasn’t alot of damage to the brain but mostly the skull with minimal bleeding . They re constructed her bones in the forehead with 28 mini plates and the eye sockets. After a few more days they will be working on the nose and cheekbones. We still need prayers please! She still has a long way to go and needs strength through prayer to wake up as the same sweet spunky girl we all love.

Monday, 4 May 2015, 11:44 pm
  • Her family are in my prays we was in Foster care together great personality cool girl Goes up Love u milly

Monday, 4 May 2015, 11:17 pm
  • Thank you so much for the update. I saw the vehicle roll into my lane and ran to her side. I have been thinking of her all day. We are also praying for you please keep us posted.

Monday, 4 May 2015, 11:07 pm
  • Prayers for her and her family. My son is a senior at WW high and said she is loved by many. May God guide the surgeons hands!!

Monday, 4 May 2015, 10:22 pm
  • Ah, I feel so bad. Prayers to the family.

Monday, 4 May 2015, 10:17 pm
  • Camille is still in surgery. Has been in since 2:30 pm..she is in a coma but is holding up well. They are currently doing ‘re constructive surgery on her face(forehead and cheekbones) she also has trauma to the brain but we won’t know the extent for a few more days. Thank you all for the sympathy and prayers..they are much appreciated<3

Monday, 4 May 2015, 9:30 pm
  • Wear your seat belt people

Monday, 4 May 2015, 9:16 pm
  • I hope she has a speedy recovery..

Monday, 4 May 2015, 8:47 pm
  • I wonder how fast she was going?
    And why she was not wearing seat belt, since it IS the law!!

Monday, 4 May 2015, 8:21 pm
  • Sending prayers

Monday, 4 May 2015, 7:57 pm
  • Prayers from the WWHS football team.
    Hope her injuries heal properly and quickly.

Monday, 4 May 2015, 7:50 pm
  • I passed that accident this morning, I’d said no way they survived that wreck as I passed, prayers to the driver, and to all, Wear your seat belts!

Monday, 4 May 2015, 7:16 pm
  • I am praying for her.

Monday, 4 May 2015, 6:57 pm
  • I go to the same school with her 🙁

Monday, 4 May 2015, 6:17 pm
  • Ouch! I rolled my truck Christmas Eve 2000 a half mile past New York ave headed south. someone wasn’t paying attention. I pray she gets well son!!!

Monday, 4 May 2015, 5:23 pm