Weeki Wachee Park Controversy Continues – Despicable Video Causes Uproar

WEEKI WACHEE – Yesterday, RNRF brought you a fair and balanced report on the controversy surrounding Stacy Mecklenburg and Weeki Wachee Springs Park (ORIGINAL REPORT).

The fiasco sparked hullabaloo on social media sites and caused some residents to boycott the State Park, for embarrassing the sister of fallen Sheriff’s Deputy, John Mecklenburg.

As the story gained momentum throughout the Tampa Bay Area, a video emerged and began circulating on social media, showing park manager, Robyn Anderson, displaying distasteful behavior like “flicking off” the camera, using strong profanity, and insulting mermaids as they worked on their routine.

Disdain for Anderson grew fierce among Hernando County Residents, who called for her immediate termination, in light of her despicable behavior.

Gloria says “A real sense of entitlement by a foul mouth has-been. Replace her. There are lots of educated, considerate and unemployed residents ready to fill her bloated shoes. Sorry, Stacy. Your brother is not forgotten.” Autumn says “I used to work for buc bay and I can tell you Robin is not a woman you want to cross paths with.”

We contacted Executive Producer Tony Harding of Them Media, Inc., in New York City, the company that produced the video. He said his company approached Weeki Wachee in 2007, before it became a State Park, and produced a short reel for the purposes of shopping a reality show concept to television executives. Harding says the film was completely scripted and Anderson was directed to be as crude as she possibly could.

Soon after the video surfaced, Harding removed it from Youtube due to copyright infringement.

We submitted a list of questions to John Athanason, the parks public relations person, but we have not received a reply.

Today, an anonymous source provided images of three Weeki Wachee Park Passes created for Stacy Mecklenburg and Chuck and Judi Mecklenburg, John’s parents. Despite comments from Park Officials and FOP President, Steve Klapka, that Stacy’s pass would expire; they seem to identically match Chuck and Judi’s passes that show no expiration date (We cannot confirm the validity of those images… See Images Below).

So the question remains; were the passes lifetime or not and what prompted Anderson to request that Stacy Mecklenburg be trespassed from the park?

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

Meck pic idds

Comments
  • There are SO MANY more incidents that could be told about the conduct my Ribyn over the years. She gets away with it becasue she dwnright bullies her employees and the community, when need be.

Friday, 24 April 2015, 5:04 pm
  • This has been back and forth for over a week now and obviously nothing has been done to rectify the situation. The park needs to step.up and respond and Robyn Anderson needs tp publicly apologize for her unprofessional behavior. There are hundreds of people in Hernando County looking for work and I have no doubt that several of them would be a far more suitable manager; because as long as things stay the way they are the park will continue to lose money. It’s not going away…stacy and her children deserve an apology. Because right or wrong, a park manager chose to behave like a street punk and that was unforgivable.

Tuesday, 14 April 2015, 1:40 pm
  • Milking it?? Really??? These were passes given to her. She dropped her kids off. It’s not like she showed up with a bunch of friends expecting something for nothing. Robyn needs an education in dealing with the public she has always had a short fuse and believed she was better than everyone else.

Tuesday, 14 April 2015, 12:54 pm
  • Why didn’t staceys family step up at all for her. Maybe it’s because Stacey is milking her brothers death and the rest of her family don’t care about her. Idk that’s what I heard.

Monday, 13 April 2015, 8:45 am
  • Any comment from State Park Management yet? Is the incompetent Ms. Anderson of reality TV fame still on the job?

Monday, 13 April 2015, 7:27 am
  • If someone doesn’t file a formal complaint with the state, nothing will be done.

Saturday, 11 April 2015, 4:16 pm
  • I will not go back to this park again. When we as patron’s go to these parks we are paying their salary and if we all decide to boycott the park then maybe the state will get involved and put someone in there that has people skills. If the park continues to loose money they will have no choice but to close the park down which would be a shame. I’ve worked in retail for 15 years and had 4 businesses of my own. I wouldn’t speak that way to anyone that patronized my businesses if there would of been a misunderstanding we could of stepped aside and discussed it like grownups. WHY?? Because they are the ones that make my business grow. As far as working in retail I would of been terminated within 5 min of the conversation and they would of had every right to terminate me. So no termination is not to severe . Stacy so sorry for the loss of your brother May God continue to be with you and your family. Also sorry that you were spoken to and treated this way by anyone let alone a government employee that continues to speak that way to customers. Shame on you the other employees that don’t speak up. Bu like one of the employees said she was going to put a law suit against the park because she screwed up under water and came up to soon because of an anxiety attack. Sounds like she’s got something on someone just saying.

Friday, 10 April 2015, 8:44 pm
  • Why contact Rick Scott? That’s just adding more fuel. Ms Anderson behaved in a very unprofessional manner and I find it interesting that to this point, no one from the park or the stste has made a comment.
    The park will continue to lose money as long as this woman remains in her job and Stacy Meclenbrrg and hrr children do not receive an apology.

Friday, 10 April 2015, 3:37 pm
  • Bitch needs to be fired and we need to stick together as a community and tell everyone we know not to go visit that park until she is gone…………time to stand our ground!!

Friday, 10 April 2015, 3:21 pm
  • Hey Robyn real professional way to act. What college did you go to ? if you when to college. Looks as though you can’t deal with stress and bad publicity which you caused for yourself. What a loser!

Friday, 10 April 2015, 12:49 pm
  • Weeki Wachee Springs made the mistake of not putting and expiration date on tickets. Deputy Mecklenburg put his life on the line every day he put on his uniform. Weeki Wachee Springs should honor his memory by giving his extended family a free lifetime pass to the Springs.

Friday, 10 April 2015, 12:37 pm
  • Gov. Scott needs to know whos running this state park!!!Im never going again!!

Friday, 10 April 2015, 11:14 am
  • I was married at that park. Robyn was exceptionally kind. She met with me multiple times, offered helpful advice, made special accommodations… she was fun & friendly. I didn’t witness the controversial incident, so I’m not on either side; but i was shocked to hear the story. She was so considerate, & nice to my whole family. I fear the masses may be blowing this out of proportion because its easy to get riled up when a deceased officer’s family may have possibly been mistreated.

Friday, 10 April 2015, 9:53 am
  • I feel like this is getting out of hand. It said Robyn was directed to be as crude as possible in the video for shopping a reality show. We all know reality shows thrive on drama.
    No, it is not acceptable for Robyn to talk to Stacy or any customer that way. But how was Robyn being talked to? I admit, this was all handled wrong. They could’ve allowed the passes to continue through this year and gave notice that…”hey, this is the last year you can use these. We’re sorry for any misunderstanding.”
    i also feel like this situation is being milked somewhat, too. I can sympathize because my brother was killed in Afghanistan while serving in 2007. I wasnt offered free stuff or expected anything free. The fact that she was able to enjoy the park as long as she did for free should be appreciated.
    The real issue here is the dispute w/ Robyn Anderson.
    And those boycotting the park, it’s a bit drastic. Let’s not penalize the state park for this. If everyone needs to be in an uproar over something, why not take a look at local government? Direct that anger towards something productive and that makes a difference in our community.

Friday, 10 April 2015, 9:41 am
  • Well I can tell that as an involved parent and a leader in my community of Tarpon Springs, fl, (50 miles south)we the residents will boycott until such action to either have her attend and pass anger management classes, management training and certified as a public relations rep for the company , or be terminated, Weekie Wachie will not be able to look from receiving any kind of revenue to attend the park until such action is taken……….in others you guys just lost a ton of Denaro…$$$$$$$

Friday, 10 April 2015, 12:34 am
    • Ian , it’s a state park ,you are paying for whether you want to or not

Friday, 10 April 2015, 12:57 am
  • like it or not folks,

the park is a part of the county’s history ,without it, we really don’t have much.
    unless we can fix the capital and make the state accountable ,LMAO ,it’s going to be what it is forever.

you’ll never get a private investor again , all the state and local agencies combined with the regulations , insure that

Friday, 10 April 2015, 12:30 am
  • I think you all have nothing better to do than bitch ,everyone is a critic and then like a bunch of sheep,they all follow just to be heard.who are you all to judge your not even qualified

Friday, 10 April 2015, 12:22 am
  • I will never go there again unless this lady is fired…..it’s as simple as that! What a ruthless heartless person, and if this is the kind of people they let control their park I can find other places to take my family.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 11:35 pm
  • Ms Anderson, you need to go someplace else.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 11:17 pm
  • The video thats still circulating can be found on the Spring Hill facebook page @ https://m.facebook.com/groups/2245664241?view=permalink&id=10153157919139242&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_comment&actorid=100004232348490

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 10:33 pm
    • nope still can’t see the video. PLEASE SHARE

Friday, 10 April 2015, 12:30 am
  • Oh I’m sure the state has a lot of those numbers and since it is a state run park then its all public record. I, for one, dont believe for a second that the video was staged. And even so….she should have denied it. She needs to go & I’m sure this is going to get worse before it gets better.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 10:30 pm
  • Can Real News Real Fast please find out if possible the attendance numbers at WWS the last 3years. What are the revenue-admission and concession revenues for WWS? Does this revenue stay at the park or is it put into a pot for all parks? Finally what has the capital improvement budgets for the park been the last 3 years (is WWS getting its fair share of) ? Maybe you have a much bigger local and state story here.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 9:36 pm
    • Global guy, you can bet some of the money goes into 1 state pot.
      as for attendance, when the water park is open, the park has pretty good attendance. that alone probably floats most of the expense ,after the water park is closed for the season.

only events like “Swamp fest” and other special events, is the only time you’ll see the parking lot packed , during the cooler months.
      how much they make off the kayak rentals , which is run by private businesses , is somewhat unclear to me.
      but I’m sure these private businesses ,are screwing over the state ,in one way shape or form.

I believe most the concessions are leased out. So those #’s may never be known, like the kayak’s and canoes, a lot of cash customers and I would bet most of that cash is un reported

I’d bet from observation, that Weeki Wachee probably fairs better than most parks do.

a lot of the improvements and all the spring clean ups are done by volunteers, of various non-profit groups. Friends of Weeki Wachee ,rotary club to name a couple and few more .

In one way that’s ok and in another it’s absolutely not.
      unfortunately it is the way government agencies run.

can’t get taxes ,from the people , if there is a surplus. so play with the figures, hire more management. and keep taxing the taxpayer. it’s government 101. and that is wrong.

You can’t fix stupid , so we will never fix government.

Could the park fair and profit ,on its own ,you bet. Will we ever get clear and un fudged #’s ,not a chance

Friday, 10 April 2015, 12:18 am
  • blue dog……..I agree!

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 9:31 pm
  • Chris and Becky you deserve one another because that woman is total . I knew they’d be a couple of do good is in the bunch.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 9:28 pm
  • This didn’t just start w/Stacey Meclinberg…Here is the PROOF about ROBYN ANDERSON, read all about her, The GOOD, BAD and UGLY……http://www.sptimes.com/2003/10/19/Tampabay/The_mermaid_in_the_mi.shtml ….Good Enough PROOF for Me as to HER CHARACTER!!! Read the “ENTIRE ARTICLE” I will NEVER GO TO WEEKI WACHEE SPRINGS again!!

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 9:27 pm
    • Just goes to show….. SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN GONE YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday, 10 April 2015, 12:40 pm
  • while there are a few good park employees there ,,most are just going threw the motion,taking that state pay check and benefits.
    The park has little to nothing to offer half the year
    improvements since it has become a state park are extremely slow.

the new stage looks great, and bird show not bad. but most of the park lacks maintenance.

which totally blows my mind , because a majority of help , are volunteers. is that much of an effort to keep the shrubs trimmed?

A major employee overhaul needs to take place IMHO, those who put forth a good sincere effort stay , the rest need to go.

The park could be so much more ,with just a little effort and TLC .

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 9:05 pm
  • The video is still out there and being circulated on Facebook.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 8:54 pm
    • None of us can find it?

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 10:15 pm
  • I’m so glad you’re all boycotting the park! Finally it will be less crowded and so much more fun! Real news, you love to stir up crap!

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 8:40 pm
    • your such a little minded person,i hope you get sunburned

Monday, 13 April 2015, 3:40 pm
  • I worked for her for several years. I thought She was great!

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 8:28 pm
  • I would like to know if the State of Florida Parks has a job description for the position that Ms.Anderson currently holds. If so is this job description public record? What are the prerequisites for the position, i.e. education, experience in management, multi level reporting and operations, hospitality industry experience etc. Is Ms. Anderson an employee protected by civil service or a union?
    I would bet that based on what I have read on Real News Real Fast that this manager is no where near qualified to be in management and manage people. Her stupid video scripted or not is proof she is totally incompetent!
    Ms. Anderson you would do yourself proud by resigning immediately instead of being fired with cause.
    The State of Florida Parks, please immediate start the process to get a professional manager in place to turn your PR nightmare around.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 8:18 pm
  • My first reaction to this entire situation was that the park manager should definitely be replaced. She handled the entire situation badly and not only insulted and demeaned Stacy Mecklenberg, but humiliated her in front of her children and anyone else in earshot. It wouldn’t have cost the park anything to let the children enjoy the day and then speak to Stacy privately at a later time; whether the passes were good or not was not the issue at thatmoment.
    I, for one, will never go to Weeki Wachee as long as this woman is employed…she has no people skills and I don’t feel that her behavior should be condoned. As long as the park continues Ms. Anderson’s employment they will lose business.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 8:13 pm
  • The evidence appears to show her passes are not expired.

It appears Robyn should be fired pending further investigation.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 7:59 pm
  • Those lifetime passes were bought and paid for by the life of her brother, and the pain she and her family endured as a result of his death. Bottom line….the manager crossed a moral line that she should at the very least, recognize and return the passes , apologize and remove the trespass warning.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 7:23 pm
  • I have taken many friends and relatives to this park over the 55 years I have lived here. I have also sponsored church and school outings, for children, to see the underwater shows and exhibits the park has to offer but if this State of Florida run facility fails to remove such a vile and pompous employee from representing the park, I will never support another event there and will recommend to everyone that they do the same.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 7:22 pm
  • Wow, surprise they actually kept her employed for that long…….how can anyone in their right mind would want an employee like that to represent their company let alone being downright nasty to every one else!!!!! Fire her!!!!!! It’s bad enough we have enough hatred and unhappy people in this world!

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 7:01 pm
  • And remember – SHE is the one that did NOT let Paris and Nicole perform in the mermaid show!!!! Even though they weren’t great, it would have brought great sales to the park!!!

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 6:59 pm
  • Scripted or not it doesn’t sound far from her real life personality! And she’s had that guy John to cover her butt for a looong time now!!! Why hasn’t she been fired yet???

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 6:54 pm
  • I’d like to know, since when is a sibling not immediate family? This whole thing makes me sick and I will never go back there.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 6:27 pm
  • I agree that she should not act the was she does and say the things she says around customers. It’s humiliating for the park to have management behave this way. However termination seems a bit sever to me and maybe if she wishes to keep her position should be required to take customer service classes and so on. Learn how to interact with the public and her employees

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 6:22 pm
  • I will never spend another dime there.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 6:21 pm
  • I have cancelled my pass an my family an i will never go to weekie wachee as long as they have this person in there employ.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 6:14 pm
  • I worked for this lady for 4 seasons at buccaneer bay, she was a bitch for every second of it, treating her employees like there dog shit. Her attitude sucks and I doubt any of this was scripted cause she acted like that 24/7. Surprising to me she still even works there.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 5:38 pm
  • Nobody believes it was scripted. She needs to be FIRED, Real News Real Fast needs to get a copy of the video and file a complaint to the State. No way they will keep her employed. The video needs to be put back up!

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 5:31 pm
  • Whether scripted or not employees says she is like that everyday! She is a nasty person who needs to be replaced!

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 5:07 pm
  • It seems to me that they were led to believe they could use it any time they want…..

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 4:46 pm
    • Agreed, the passes are identical. What a mean thing to do. What’s the big deal? This makes Weeki Wachee look very bad.

Friday, 10 April 2015, 1:02 pm
  • I used to take my son and all his friends during Summer break. She is what they say she is. She shouldn’t be around kids anyway. She should be terminated immediately !!

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 4:41 pm
  • I don’t care if it was scripted! She should have refused to participate! If she thinks that the so called promo was okay, I as a Florida resident object to her presence in any state park!

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 4:29 pm
    • I agree

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 4:46 pm
    • Agreed, if she had any sort of integrity and good character she would have refused.

Friday, 10 April 2015, 12:50 pm