Weeki Wachee Springs Bans Fallen Deputy’s Sister from Park – Lifetime Passes Revoked

WEEKI WACHEE – Most of us remember that fateful day, July 3rd 2011, when Hernando County Sheriff’s Deputy John Mecklenburg lost his life, pursuing a suspect on U.S Hwy 41.

John’s death shook the entire community and broke the hearts of his family, friends, and even those who didn’t know him at all.

Several businesses came out in support of John’s family, including officials with Weeki Wachee Springs State Park, who provided lifetime passes to the surviving members of John’s family – or so they thought.

John’s sister, Stacy Mecklenburg, posted the following comment on her Facebook page yesterday, that has the community up in arms:

On July 3, 2011, my brother Deputy John Mecklenburg died in the line of duty. Weeki Wachee State Park offered us what we were led to believe were lifetime passes to the park to honor my brother. There were no expiration dates on our passes, and we have enjoyed the park only a few times in the past three and a half years. Today I dropped two kids off to the park, but they came to the fence to tell me that their passes had been confiscated. I went up to the gate to find out why, and was met with a bad attitude from the ticket taker, who called the manager for me. When the assistant manager, Robyn Anderson came over to talk to me, her lack of public relation skills left me shaking and horrified. She humiliated me in front of a large crowd of people, and when I tried to tell her that the way she was treating me was horrible, it only got worse. She said I could, “either let the kids stay here for the day, or take my cranky a** out of here.” She tried to explain to me that even though we were told that they were lifetime passes, they weren’t, and they just expire whenever the park decides they do…like when we show up out of the blue to use them. Of course I took the kids home with me. Not only did she completely humiliate me in front of the crowd of people, she had the audacity to send a uniformed officer to my home to tell me if I ever go to Buccaneer Bay again, I will be arrested for trespassing. Wow. This is how we are treated for using the “gift” we were given. Had there been an expiration date on that gift, I could have saved myself much humiliation and sadness. The way I was treated by Robyn Anderson upset me so much that it brought back all of the pain and heartache from the death. She should be ashamed of herself. Only in Hernando County do you receive a gift, only to have it taken from you, along with your dignity. Luckily for me, even without having to worry about trespassing, I wouldn’t want to step foot on that park’s property again. My brother is still dead, but the kindness they tried to extend to us has obviously expired.

We spoke to Stacy this morning, who said at no time was she told the passes had an expiration date and that she had been visiting the park with her children for the last three years, without issue. “I cried all the way home” said Stacy “I still grieve every day and this incident just broke my heart.”

We spoke to John Athanason, the parks Public Relations Manager, who said he was unable to comment on the specifics of the incident, but he did say that the passes were not considered to be life-time for extended family. Only John Mecklenburg’s wife, children, and mother were provided lifetime passes and all others were just annual passes, according to Athanason.

I asked John how Stacy had access to the park over the last three years, but he wasn’t able to explain, and only stated “It must have slipped through the cracks.”

Athanason referred me to the Steve Klapka with the Florida Fraternal Order of Police (FOP); Athanason says they are the ones who provided the passes.

We tried to reach Klapka by phone, but have not received a call back at this time. If Klapka returns our call, we will update the article to reflect his comments.

RNRF has requested a copy of the trespass warning issued to Stacy Mecklenburg and we will bring you the details of that report once it is acquired.

UPDATE: We spoke to FOP President Steve Klapka by phone, who said the lifetime passes were provided by the FOP to immediate family only. That includes Penny Mecklenburg, her children, and Judy and Chuck Mecklenburg, John’s parents.

According to Klapka, Park Manager Robyn Anderson accused Stacy Mecklenburg of being belligerent and causing a disturbance in front of guests.

We received a copy of the trespass complaint from the Sheriff’s Office that shows a transcript of the 911 call from Robyn Anderson. According the transcript, “The female was 10-8 (Upset) and yelling and cursing at her because she would not let her in on a pass that was given to her 3 years ago.”

I asked Klapka if Weeki Wachee Springs or the FOP would be offering anything to Stacy Mecklenburg, as a way to remedy the situation, he said “It’s probably too soon to address that option.”

wwspinr 1403375_482112611905827_763827358_o

Meck 1

Comments
  • I worked for Weeki Wachi years ago. The situation described by Stacy Mecklenburg is consistent with what I have experienced. It was a hostile work environment and there was a general lack of professionalism among the management.

In one instance, I was extended an invitation to invite an unlimited number of guests to attend a special event at the park for free, and I was provided with a form to fill out and to list the attendees I wanted to invite. I extended the invitation to my family, wrote down the names of several people wishing to attend as instructed.

I was subsequently told by the management at Weeki Wachi that the offer was arbitrarily and unilaterally rescinded, and had to go back and tell my guests that they could not attend.

If one considers their past track record, the shameless and incriminating video of Robyn that was forcibly taken down due to “copyright infringement”, as well as the well documented history of unethical antics, mismanagement, and official malfeasance by the “mayor”, I am inclined to believe Stacy Meckleburg’s account of what happened. I only wish Stacy had the wherewithal to use her smartphone to video record the interaction.

In the end, it all comes down to what the guest passes said “EXPIRES “, as in “never”.

Just consider these past articles…

Wednesday, 20 May 2015, 7:32 pm
  • Im a former lifeguard at buccaneer bay and I know many other lifeguards who will tell you that the manager Robyn this is not the first occasion and treating this fallen officers family like this should be held accountable for her actions

Tuesday, 14 April 2015, 12:27 am
  • I have seen so many comments on how people are not going to go there and when I went past Weeki Wachee yesterday the parking lot was full. I must say I will still go. I have been going there for years and the staff have always been nice to me.I wasn’t there I didn’t see what happened. I have not yet to hear anyone come forward on Stacy’s behalf saying Robyn mistreated her. I am not saying it didn’t happen all’s I am saying is the story says she was humiliated in front of a large crowd of people and as large as this story has been noone made a comment on here sayin they saw what happened?If there was such a large crowd and Stacy was so mistreated as big as this story is why isn’t any of those people from the large group making comments on here coming to her defense?I am sorry I don’t believe she was as calm as she was saying because anyone that is getting treated the way she said she was getting treated would not just stand there in a calm way.Myself included. There are two sides to every story and I can’t wait to hear what Robyn’s story is. As for the video that was 8 years ago as the Executive Producer Tony Harding of Them Media, Inc stated the film was completely scripted and Anderson was directed to be as crude as she possibly could..Why would he lie? He has nothing to loose. The video has nothing to do what happened that day so why even post a scripted video that had nothing to do what happened? It wasn’t real so why bring it up? As I said there are two sides to every story and mabey Robyn was instructed not to say anything until they investigate further and that’s why we have not heard her side yet.

Sunday, 12 April 2015, 8:13 pm
    • It is safe to say that one incident won’t empty the park. I don’t know about anyone else but I rarely see a full parking lot. The question is how many people have they lost over time because that type of customer service is like a cancer that will slowly eat away at attendance.

Monday, 13 April 2015, 8:43 am
  • Sorry Ray this story is not dead…and from the response on here, I don’t think it will be for quite some time. In response to your very rude and also unprofessional comments to Stacy, I’d say you belong in the same category as Ms. Anderson…you obviously both appear to be uneducated and very unprofessional. To call someone a name on here, when this incident had nothing personally to do with you, only shows the readers the level of your ignorance. Additionally, who are you to for-tel her future? Or, are you just that, a fortune teller? I suggest you stop with your futile attempt at defending the actions of the FOP, and the State of Florida regarding this matter. As a former career service employee of the State of Florida for many years, I can assure you you’re only making yourself look stupid. It’s time to let the “real” professionals handle it, I think they’ll do just fine to make an amends to this family without your 2 cents!

Saturday, 11 April 2015, 7:56 pm
  • Stacy

You stated you forgive your sister in law… Wow. Sounds like it’s always the other person with the issue not you. I would ask yourself what’s the common denominator. It’s you. Well this story is almost dead. I’m sure the state will issue an apology or something like that to you and everyone will move on with their life but you my friend will still be looking for handouts from anyone for the rest of your life because you truly know who you are inside… sad. I’m sure your brother is looking down at you shaking his head

Friday, 10 April 2015, 6:48 pm
  • The problem here is NOT th FREE PASSES, it is the way, the management handled herself!

Friday, 10 April 2015, 9:36 am
    • We only know how she said she was handled. We don’t know her contribution.

Saturday, 11 April 2015, 1:25 am
  • What i get is they clearly didn’t mind misleading the “public” with their lifetime passes condolences. Fast fwd 3 yrs and they want to get technical on “immediate” family definition. Back then if they said”lifetime passes for immediate family of the fallen officer BUT sisters & brothers don’t count” im sure that wouldn’t have set well with their image of generosity. She grieved as an immediate family member. HE WAS HER BROTHER!!! For Gods sake. ****i am glad you shared your story. I believe you were treated wrong & If your parents had passes would they be told they aren’t immediate family??? Even though your brother had wife and kids?? No. So you shouldn’t be told you aren’t immediate family. Focus on getting the town and your family together and do a memorial. To get your mind off that humiliating experience. Huggs!!

Friday, 10 April 2015, 5:26 am
  • This is truly sad. First things first, sisters and brothers are just as much immediate family as parents. I can also say that as close as my children have been to their cousin, it would be much more valuable for them (the whole four of them) to go as a group and find solace in each other’s company. Now, if I or my brothers or father passed in the line of duty, we would mean as much to, if not more than to, our spouses. After all, my siblings and I have known each other for a lifetime; our journey all began in the same boat so to speak. Our heartbreak would not be lessened because my brothers or I have spouses. Our family just might be able to make new memories and find comfort in our family, whatever was left of it, having a beautiful time together as infrequent as that might be. What are we really talking about here? A few more passes? How much do they really use them? Especially with kids (teenagers) getting older and starting their own lives. What? Perhaps once a year they may have come back and spent a day together courtesy of the State of Florida in remembrance of their son, husband, father, brother, and uncle? I am sure it would have been great word of mouth advertising not to mention all the admissions that would be paid as the family truly did become extended with the kids having families and children of their own. Insert sarcastic tone here: Bravo Weeki Wachee, the State of Florida, and your stellar representative Robyn Andersen for your empathy and business building marketing skills!

Friday, 10 April 2015, 1:19 am
    • I’m sorry, but sisters and brothers not living in the same household are not immediate family.

Saturday, 11 April 2015, 1:22 am
      • Then parents should not be either. You can’t pick and choose immediate family. Steve Klapka should never have made the comments that he made shame on him to claim she was taking advantage of a gift. She did not bring all the neighborhood kids it was her kids. He is an arrogant a$$ who just so happens to be very good friends with Robyn. The woman needs a lesson in customer service. She is on a complete power trip. @Justsayin what exactly was selfish taking her kids to a park with passes that had no expiration date and looked just like all the other ones the family received. If any of you knew Robyn you would know that this behavior is the norm for her unless you are in her inner circle. She could care less about charity Ray you are a Bafoon and also must be on Robyn’s payroll. Remember the charity she extended to her husband on weeki wachees dime going to the giants game? That was suppose to be for employees. You know nothing and are talking out your a$$.

Wednesday, 30 September 2015, 3:31 pm
  • I can’t help but wonder what her brother would think of her reaction. After all, she should be grateful for whatever she was given. I hate to say it but she comes off as very selfish.

Friday, 10 April 2015, 12:42 am
  • The only ones who really know what went down are Stacy, the Weeki Wachee employees and the patrons who were right there. There are 2 sides to every story and everyone automatically takes the word of the grieving sister. I know Robyn and shes always acted in a professional manner while at her job.

Friday, 10 April 2015, 12:34 am
  • Wow! So sorry you are going through this Stacy. My heart is with you. Glad you have brought this out. I wont be visiting WEEKI WACHEE for a vacation. What a bunch of idiots!

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 10:25 pm
  • FOP District 7 Klapaa stated the below… I guess you have nothing more to say after this Do you Stacy!? You mewling quim.

Klapaa tells us that, “ Back in July 2011 I was a deputy for the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office. I served for 31 years and knew John well. I was also President of the Fraternal Order of Police. At the time of Officer Mecklenburg’s death, there was a lot of leg-work in getting his family here from Wisconson. We all poured our hearts into this mission to honor John.

One of the things we did was reach out to Weeki Wachee State Park to obtain life-time passes for his immediate family. Florida Statute 258.145 enables us to bestow this wonderful gift to immediate family members. John’s wife and children received the lifetime passes and his parents did as well.

At the time when the entire family was here grieving the Fraternal Order of Police asked if we could sponsor a one year pass for John’s sister and her children. This was done out of respect for John and as a gift to ease the children’s pain in the passing of their uncle.

Stacy Mecklenburg knew of this at the time and was grateful. We are saddened to hear about Stacy attempting to take advantage of our gift. If Stacy would have conducted herself in a professional matter the outcome would have been very different

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 8:57 pm
    • Steve Klapka is irrelevant to this situation. He may have facilitated getting us the tickets to begin with, but Weeki Wachee presented them, and they were all identical. If they were meant to be a year long pass, they certainly could have avoided this entire situation by printing a date on them. Keep in mind, at the time of the death, the entire family was overcome with grief, AND we all talked to hundreds of people that week. For Mr. Klapka to insinuate that I should remember being told something is a bit of a stretch. A stretch that could have been avoided by simply printing a date on the passes. Besides, there was a newspaper article printed three days after John died that quoted Weeki Wachee as presenting lifetime passes to the family members. Also, for Mr. Klapka to state that *I* should be conducting myself in a professional manner is ludicrous. I don’t need to be “professional.” Being a customer is not my profession. Being a manager is Robyn’s profession…so if he were not good buddies with her, he should have worded it that if ROBYN had acted in a professional manner, the outcome would have been very different. 😉

BUT, this is all beside the point. The entire point here is that Robyn Anderson lacks the skills necessary to be in a managerial position. I should know. I was the office manager for a very prominent business in Spring Hill for 10 years. If I ever drew attention like this to that company with my behavior, I would have been fired immediately.

So yes…thank you for calling me a name, but I have plenty to say about this all day long.

Friday, 10 April 2015, 1:17 pm
  • Stacy

sad woman using the death of your brother for free entry… you were well aware that it was an annual pass given to you to Weeki Wachee on behalf of FOP. perhaps I need to copy and paste the interview from the FOP officer so everyone knows the truth. your brother gave his life for his community, what have you done to contribute to society? I have done my due dillegence and Robyn Anderson’s contributions To charity events she has attended over her career and donations along with personal time served on many boards contributing to fallen military and fallen police officers are fact. What’s your back ground? Ill tell you… hand outs! I have also done my due diligence and your ex sister in law doesn’t even speak with you, that speaks volumes doesn’t it. character check! Oh yes here FOP statement Coming in next post

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 8:47 pm
    • Whatever happened with my sister in law is water under the bridge. I forgive her.

She has nothing to do with this incident whatsoever anyway, so I am not sure why you would bring her up…unless you are just searching to get a rise out of me. Well, it’s not working. 🙂

Friday, 10 April 2015, 2:05 pm
  • I completely believe Robyn was probably the rude one here. She has always had a chip on her shoulder. She started as a mermaid but before completing training had an accident (she had a panic attack under water and came up too quick). She was never a full mermaid. Rumor at the time was Robyn’s family was planning a lawsuit so Robyn was given a job as the lifeguard manager. She had no experience in management and certainly no degree in anything. Over the years she moved up as the park continued to spiral into decline until Florida made it a state park. Surely the state of Florida would hire an experienced manager to run the whole park and not just grandfather in the same management team that helped the park flounder….but alas no it did not. I am sure if anyone looks hard enough there are many examples of Robyn’s inappropriate behavior out on the web.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 5:38 pm
  • I moved to SH approx. 15 years ago, and I couldn’t wait to take my family to the park since I had remembered what a wonderful experience it had been for us when I took my son there in the early 90’s. However, we soon realized that this was not the same park it had once been. I too found the park employees unfriendly and unhelpful, we also found the park dirty and unkempt. We did go back to the park for the forth of July in the park celebration one year, and that experience was no better, for this large event the park was understaffed, dirty on arrival, and it was evident that the park had no organization and made little or no preparation for the event…needless to say we haven’t been back.
    I feel sorry for Stacy and her family, most importantly for the loss of her brother, but also for this experience. The people that write, “there’s always two sides to a story” are really off base. Regardless of what or how Stacy responded to her children being denied access to the park is not the issue, anyone that’s ever been in customer service or a managerial position knows that the, “customer is always right.” Of course we all know this is not always true, but for good customer relations you do what ever it takes to satisfy a customer, your goal is to never lose a patron, or their patronage, in doing so is not always easy, but if you are an effective manager you can make it a win-win situation. The truth to this incident will eventually come out because other patrons were present and I’m sure they’ll soon come forward, I also believe that most state and public parks are equipped with cameras.
    In response to the FOP’s comment. If indeed years after they issued this family a pass they’ve now decided to change their policy in what constitutes an immediate a family member they then have the responsibility, as a professional organization, to notify Stacy in writing (well in advance) of this change, including the newly imposed expiration date.This could have easily explained their change in policy and also given the family a date to prepare for the pass to expire.They could had been fair to the family by giving them until the end of the year so that the family still had time to take full advantage of the pass.This would had left the FOP in good standing with the community, and most importantly with the family of this honored officer. When you represent yourself as a professional organization, and a State Park you have certain responsibilities…one being professional and courteous at all times. I remember after 9/11 Sea World, Disney World, and Busch Gardens gave the families (and friends) of anyone that worked in specific areas of public service ie: Corrections, Military, Paramedics, Law Enforcement, and the Fire Department, free access to their parks. We received a letter signed from the Governor thanking us for our service, and it said these parks also wanted to thank us by making us their guest, the invitation included a date in which these privileges were in effect. I attended each park with my family and friends all free of charge! Each park went out of their way to welcome us, and they treated us like royalty! During this free time frame the parks received a huge turnout, yet each park was very well staffed, organized, and well prepared for the additional attendance. This had been such a depressing time for so many citizens due to the horrible event of 9/11, yet these parks thought enough about first responders, and those people that put their life on the line everyday, by giving us the brief opportunity to experience something pleasant and happy. I sent a letter thanking the Governor, and the parks for this wonderful gift. If I, or my family, would had been received at any of these parks in an unprofessional or unwelcoming manner, I doubt very much that we would had ever gone back. I am almost certain that you will never find an employee, especially not a manager, of any of these parks that would treat a quest as in the manner of Stacey. I suggest that Ms.Anderson make a formal apology to this family, and the FOP make an amends to this entire situation…a good start might be with the reconsideration in the revocation of this pass. I also recommend that FOP put their policies in writing so to prevent another family from going through the same type of very unpleasant circumstances.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 5:06 pm
  • I didnt bother to read the comments on here because I am basically appalled that a “spouse” of a fallen cop would be entitled to anything like free Weeki Wachee passes. I am a disabled Gulf War combat veteran and I dont get free Weeki Watchee passes. I dont even get paid for my injuries. My fallen brothers and sisters dont get free passes either. Fallen anyone dont get passes. What makes this “whiney” spouse so special? She should be greatful for what she got for free already.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 4:06 pm
  • Robyn should be fired by the state of FLorida…I wil write to Governor Scotts office to looki into this and that video.I saved a copy.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 12:31 pm
  • Yes it does show someones character when they act that way. My point was to show that does not seem like it was scripted and you cannot use that as an excuse for your behavior. anybody with good character would ever sit there and make fun of the mentally handicapped or act like that when sitting in an office that she sitting in……. and from everything that is being read it shows that this woman abuses her power….. if you take away the complaint that just happen and watch only the video that alone should justify her having disciplinary action taken!!!!!!

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 10:27 am
  • With all these witnesses, i’m curious, if there is a video that speaks the truth? Or maybe the camara’s at the front of ww will catch the truth. (or robyn’s lies) If Stacy was being aggressive, why wouldn’t Robyn direct her from other guests? Seems to me that she is full of it! I hope that it is investigated completely!

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 10:10 am
  • I have had several encounters with Buc Bays “Friendly Staff.” They are so unprofessional, inconsiderate, fiesty and RUDE. It blows my mind that these people still work there, especially around children.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 10:06 am
  • How did she become a Manger an way ? Didn’t she do enough when she was just run Weeki Wachee park before the state took it over. I been in this county a longtime . Been to Weeki Wachee park before she was running it and after she took over. She ran it into the ground. So how did she get were she is today . I personally have had a problem with her. She is a VERY RUDE PERSON!

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 9:36 am
  • We all have videos that would make us look foolish from 20 years ago! I think Robyn has been extremely professional in the contact I have had with her. Maybe if the “mother” wasn’t so belligerent , things would have turned out differently. You should expect to be treated how you treat people so again Stacy show some respect and Robyn would have shown you the same in return as she always does to others. Stop expecting freebies from people due to your brothers death. Shame on u! Especially when u don’t even speak to the family. You , just as well , could have taken your kids home that day and calmly spoke with the manager of Robyn over the phone. What I would do doesn’t matter but just saying u could of prevented this situation as well.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 9:25 am
  • Like everything else in Hernando County, screwed up!

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 8:39 am
  • This is terrible customer service this entire group should find another career. I also believe it was over the top to have a deputy issue a trespass warning to someone because the park did not agree with their verbal response. I could think of several different ways they could have handled this situation, and I don’t do their job. After all it was just free admission to the park, not the keys to the castle.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 7:33 am
  • The last time Stacy had an officer knock on her door was to tell her that her brother died.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 7:23 am
    • I am so sorry. I can’t even imagine what you and your family have gone through. John is a hero and I will remember him as such and will be forever grateful for your family’s sacrifice for our safety and security in Hernando County.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 8:53 am
  • This is a state park, not one of the big theme parks with all the bells and whistles!! If they let her in free for the last 3 years and never said anything, why make an issue out of it now??? It just makes bad publicity for the park and they will feel the consequences of actions such as these!!

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 6:51 am
  • Is it even legal to trespass someone from a public park that is paid for with tax money?

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 6:22 am
  • What disturbs me the most about this situation is the bad rap our beautiful spring is getting due to an employee’s behavior….

This is still one of our state’s treasures, so to “boycott” it or to even encourage others to do so saddens me.

I’m sure the fallen officer doesn’t want his legacy to consist of “the demise of Weeki wachee park”

Robin absolutely needs to be fired if even half of what was said is true, but also the sister should accept the explanation of immediate family is wife and children, and included grandparents, and that it wasn’t meant for extended family, and accept that gracefully. It could have been an honest mistake on park’s part that she slipped through the cracks for 3 years…just be grateful you got it for 3 years for free.

We need more grownups in this situation and less “trash talk” if we are to truly honor this officers memory.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 6:21 am
    • Well said

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 10:32 am
  • Tina,
    This isn’t about what you would do if handed a script.
    And, following a script, if that’s what happened and what she agreed to do, is not an indication of character.
    But, thank you for sharing what you would do, even if it isn’t relevant.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 3:02 am
  • I used to work for buc bay and I can tell you Robin is not a woman you want to cross paths with

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 1:45 am
  • @Ray.. ….. the video was dated 11 months ago not 12 years ago…… and im sorry but if something was given to me “scripted” like that, there wouldn’t be enough money in the world for me to make fun of someones arms as “old man balls” or talking bad about my employees…. or further more the worse part making fun of handicap people!!!!!! This video alone speaks louder then what anyone can say about her!!!!! And goes to show her true character!!!!!

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 11:35 pm
  • bullshit,only in Hernando county,I am not a big fan of the hernando County Sheriffs,but i do respect them,specially the one who gave their lives,taking something away,which was a LIFETME,i repeat,LIFETIME PASS,I guess people don’t understand what that means,all those people at that park,who had the balls to call the police on her,should be fired,and the officer that went to her house to warn her,well lets just say,he should be looked at as well,me and the rest of my Family and friends(and there are quite a few will never ever go there again,and will encourage everyone i know or meet NOT TO GO THERE,IT WILL BE ALL OVER FB AND every place i go!!!

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 11:27 pm
  • It looks like Robyn got them to take the offensive video down,but that doesnt matter I have copied it and I am sure RNRF has also.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 11:23 pm
    • PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post your copied video. We all want to see it.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 2:38 am
  • OK first things first. What exactly is the problem with this woman getting into this park?. Its a natural spring with a couple slides. How is this hurting this park financially? Seriously? Would it have hurt to give her one more year and then warning her of the cutoff date? Sounds to me like this is very poor customer service. What’s wrong with people these days? There is way to much greed! Take! take! Take! I think this whole pass giveaway was just a promotional stunt to get the public to support the park. When it lost interest of the public the passes became a problem rather then a asset and hence the issue occurred. You never expired the passes and have no proof the lifetime passes were for immediate family so now you have some explaining to do. Be careful who you hire these days! They may cost you more then they are worth!

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 10:57 pm
  • Disgusting and now I hope they go out of business FOR LIFE … There father husband and friend lost his life to protect us give them all passes or lose all business!!!

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 10:34 pm
  • Im not sure why Robyns behavior has been tolerated for this long. Maybe other employees are afraid to speak out. Its time to speak out even if you have to go all the way to the top. WWS has so much history its a shame to cove it with her attitude.To the rest of the emloyees don’t let her bully you.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 10:18 pm
  • Tried to play the video and it comes up with the following message:

F*CK you! Says the Ma…” This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Them Media Inc..

This is a copy an paste directly from youtube url for the video. Wow!!! Just Wow!!!

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 10:10 pm
  • Does Robyn get the Bitch of the year Award. Yes or No

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 9:48 pm
  • I am so sorry Stacy< I am embarrassed for Weeki Wachee shame on them!!! as for that manager terrible customer relations. I sure would not want her at my Business!!! Yes ,there should have been an expiration DATE ON THEM!!!! GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 9:41 pm
  • Wow if they wanted the passes back why was a letter explaining the situation not sent to their home to avoid a situation like this from even happening. The whole situation is the fault of Weeki Wachee for not contacting the sister prior to her attending the park. The park representative should be reprimanded and terminated as there was total disrespect for a fallen officers family.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 9:38 pm
  • Oh Robyn Anderson you need serious help! I hope you get off the pills and finally get the help you have needed for so long!

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 9:06 pm
    • Unless you were there how do you know who was abusive? I work in customer service for 24 years and even the nicest person can be abusive when they don’t get their way. Some people BULLY to get their way too. ONLY someone who was there has any RIGHT to say if the employee was disrespectful. I would have to see & hear the WHOLE video tape before I pass JUDGEMENT on someones professionalism.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 11:02 pm
      • You are so correct.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 3:05 am
  • It’s a sad and terrible situation however if we set it aside and just look at the video that alone shows how she has no class or respect for others. That alone should dismiss her from her position and park all together I will never go as long as she is there bc that shows that the owners back her on that type of behavior which is absolutely unacceptable period

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 9:04 pm
  • I will stand behind you and not go to that park ever again. And I will pass the word on to my faimly and friends and hope they do the same. I feel you should not have been put into that with your children watching.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 8:57 pm
  • this story should be brought to the attention of Tallahassee since it’s a state park. It’s not worth mentioning it to the useless county commissioners. They’d just sit there and look dumbfounded. Rowden might oink a few times.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 8:54 pm
    • May be a squeal or two to boot!

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 10:45 am
  • Video is showing up private… how do I see it?

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 8:53 pm
  • I had an issue with Robyn a few years ago and haven’t been back there since. She is rude. The video above does not surprise me at all. You can try filing a complaint with the state, but I am doubtful they will do anything about it.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 8:44 pm
  • the video of Anderson is from 12 years ago for a reality television show which was scripted… I want to know what transpired before Robin and Stacey came face to face what caused this woman Stacy to call Anderson names to have Anderson trespass her from the park apparently this woman was being belligerent and swearing in front of others and others children

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 8:21 pm
    • I wasn’t swearing, nor did I call Robyn names. Neither of us used profanity, actually. She lied in the unnecessary call to 911…a call made long after I had peacefully vacated the premises. She just wanted to add insult to injury by sending a deputy to my home.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 11:38 pm
    • How did she trespass when they did let here in side in the first place?!

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 10:42 am
  • Anderson’s behavior is disgusting, so unprofessional and trashy. How in the world is she in the position she’s in? If anything, SHE should be the one banned from the property. I’ve heard some negative things about her but that video sums it up perfectly . Weeki Wachee was going downhill when we moved here in 2000. We went there once in 2000, and never again after that. I don’t know how it’s survived this long with how run down it is, especially considering the leadership. She handed everything poorly, of course, considering she obviously demonstrates she has zero people skills. Fire her immediately, she’s useless. And, Weeki Wachee should have clarified the conditions of the passes from the beginning.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 8:00 pm
  • When did that video go public? If it was more than 12 seconds ago, and she still has a job, then the park who employs her IS in the wrong. She is their representative. She wouldn’t work one minute for me!

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 7:54 pm
  • If the passes were not lifetime they should have had an expiration date on them. The fact that they were confiscated seems to suggest the park did not want anyone to prove that they did not have an expiration date. In my opinion the management of the park reacted poorly and should address Robyn’s behavior. I think a lawyer would have a field day with defimation of character suite.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 7:41 pm
  • I must say as a person who has worked at Walmart and WinnDixie I’d have been fired quicker than anything had I talked to anyone in that manner let alone if I would have been in a managers position the fact that someone working for a state regulated park in a management position speaking that way in front of the public wheather Stacy was being rude or not is irrelevant when you are at your place of work you ESPECIALLY in a position with authority you do not speak to people that way. Its disgusting and shameful and she she have been fired immediately. Her actions were completely in the wrong IDC if I go up there raising cane you can have me you don’t speak to customers that way. She should not be allowed to work in any customer service job.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 7:39 pm
  • Lorrie Schumacher and Globalguy have said it all!
    I was a vendor at Swampfest one year and that’s her (Robyn) normal everyday language. Some people think it makes them sound tough and cool, but realy just shows you have no repect for yourself or others.
    I feel sad the great state of Florida continues to employee her. I wondered about that before this poorly handled incident happened.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 7:25 pm
  • if the parents were immediate family how is the sister not immediate family? in virtually every description immediate family is not described as sibling exclusive. father mother sister brother. his immediate family. loosing money is a bitch and created a bigger bitch. which caused loosing more money soon to be experienced once the word really gets out.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 7:10 pm
  • She is a typical government worker who thunks she iwns the place. FIRE HER UGLY ASS!!!

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 7:07 pm
  • I sure hope this gets corrected. Need a swift change at the top in light of these circumstances, including the video. I hope our state reps and senator don’t ignore this like it’s going to cool off and go away.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 7:05 pm
  • A real sense of entitlement by a foul mouth has-been. Replace her. There are lots of educated, considerate and unemployed residents ready to fill her bloated shoes. Sorry, Stacy. Your brother is not forgotten

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 6:55 pm
  • “Olivia says:
    April 8, 2015 4:47 pm at 4:47 pm
    Why Isn’t someone Looking in to Why Stacy dropped off two kids at the park. It isn’t meant for babysitting. DCF should be investigating for child neglect and endangerment. Who’s kids were they anyway? She never said they were her’s. Witnesses say that she was the one using profanity and in staff members faces”

Olivia,
    Were you one of the witnesses? I haven’t seen any posts from a witness saying that Stacey was using profanity. It sounds to me like you are a petty person. Actually saying that Stacey should be investigated for child neglect and endangerment? Could you be anymore insulting? And Stacey, you handled that post much better than I would have. I’m angry over her comment and it’s not even about me. I’m sorry you have to deal with all this nonsense.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 6:54 pm
  • For those of you trying to make Stacy sound like the one at fault, I feel sorry for you. Stacy is probably the kindest and sweetest person I know! She is always looking for the good in people and situations. Yes there are always two sides to every story, but she was treated horrifically and there is no excuse for that!

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 6:51 pm
  • Stacey. Look at and who you are dealing with. That it for what it is worth.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 6:45 pm
  • She should have been fired immediately!!! There was absolutely no reason she should be allowed to talk to ANYONE that way. No respect… An employee should NEVER be allowed to speak to someone that way, no matter how the other person is speaking and/or acting. They have to be able maintain their attitudes more so than anyone else. She needs to go… and it’s my understanding that this its not the first problem with her.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 6:10 pm
  • The park has gone down hill since the state took over I am surprise they let this get out of control they need all the good will they can get Swamp Fest is held there from all the coments they could suffer I know I will not go till there is an apology no one should be treated this way regardless of whose right customer service the customer is always treated with respect

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 5:59 pm
  • Sound like it is time for new mayor! The State should investigate and take appropriate action!

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 5:58 pm
    • I AGREE TOTALLY WITH YOU SAM!!!!!

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 9:44 pm
  • Customer interaction 096 – park employee to guests – kids with expired passes, where is your mother or father as their is a problem with these passes? Kids proceed to get Mom before she departs. Park employee to Mom away from others, Mamm, we are going to permit your children to be admitted to the park today but these passes you have will no longer be valid. Passes were provided to the immediate family (wife, children and mother and father) of the fallen officer. We will continue to honor those passes but cannot honor the passes you have any longer. If you would like to speak to somone higher than me I will attempt to get that person here to explain to you.
    Maybe some hard feelings but certainly could have been handled differently from both the park and the sister who thought she was entitled to lifetime passes but really wasn’t.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 5:48 pm
    • exactly. win-win. I think we should pick a day to bombard the place and ask for her specifically.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 6:11 pm
  • Maybe she could have been nice and not cursing at the staff and it might have gone more in her favor

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 5:45 pm
    • I wasn’t cursing. It’s the only thing that Robyn could say to try and justify her own behavior, but it’s not true. 😉

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 6:09 pm
  • Stacy – so sorry for how you were treated. Reading all the comments and not being there I can’t imagine how anyone could treat another human being in such a rude manner. Do you suppose Robyn Anderson every heard about treating others the way you would like to be treated? That is just common sense which she clearly lacks. Thank you for letting us know because I won’t be going there and neither will my friends and relatives. PS. I am NOT related to Robyn Anderson.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 5:16 pm
  • I hate for WWS to take the bad wrap for how ONE PERSON behaved. WWS is NOT one person. It has its own persona. It is all the people who have lived it and loved it. It is the water, the springs, the fish and turtles and yes the mermaids. More than that, WWS IS ALIVE as memories created there. WWS is bigger than even its ownership. If the owners don’t do something about “their mayor” they should be ashamed, and they should prepare for public outcry. BUT the essence of WWS shouldn’t go down with “the mayors ship”!

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 5:12 pm
  • i USED TO PEFRORM ,MUSIC THERE ABOUT 01-12 YEARS AGO WHEN “ROBYN” WAS FIRST MADE ASS MGR AFTER THAT SHE WAS VERY RUDE AND STUCK UP SHE USED TO BE A “MERMAID” THEN SHE GOT OLD AND LARGER IN SIZE SO SHE BVECAME MGR SHE WAS ALWAYS RUDE I NEVER WORKED THERE AFTER SHE TOOK OVER. SHE INSULTED ME IN RE: HOW MUCH I WAS BEING PAID. SHE, IN A VERY RUDE MANNER, EXPRESSED HER OPINION ON HOW I WAS GETTING TOO MUCH MONEY. I WAS WORKING A “SOLO” ON MAN BAND SHOW FOR FOUR HOURS IN THE HEAT WITH 3 VERY SHORT BREAKS # ABOUT $175.00. SHE WAS BITTER AND VERY RUDE .

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 5:01 pm
  • Robyn Anderson the self proclaimed “mayor” of WW should be unemployed and never allowed to work in public relations in a state facility again. I used to go to the park all the time when I lived in the area. I will never step foot there again as long as she is there. I have friends and family in the area and they will not patronize that park either as long as that woman is there. Shame on the management for attempting to pass the buck on this one. Extremely unprofessional.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 4:57 pm
  • After watching the above video Robyn sounds like a real classy lady with her offensive hand gesture making fun of retardation, her mention of “a 90 year old’s ball sac”, referencing Peter Pan looked like her was “taking a shit”, and followed it up with a “What the fuck was that”. Stay classy, Mayor Robyn. She should have issued them a day pass, took them aside and explained that the passes are expired going forward.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 4:50 pm
  • She’s real classy….NOT

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 4:49 pm
  • Why Isn’t someone Looking in to Why Stacy dropped off two kids at the park. It isn’t meant for babysitting. DCF should be investigating for child neglect and endangerment. Who’s kids were they anyway? She never said they were her’s. Witnesses say that she was the one using profanity and in staff members faces.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 4:47 pm
    • Thank you for your concern about the children, Olivia. They are my teenagers, and perfectly old enough to be at the park alone. I also was not using profanity. I was with my children…but I appreciate that concern, as well. 🙂

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 5:50 pm
    • Sounds like something Robyn would say – maybe her alter ego?

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 9:47 pm
  • when I first moved to Springhill WWS was such a nice place to go. It has really gone down hill since. will never go there again and neither will any of my family,friends and their families either. They better watch out cause as we grow something will come here and replace the swimming hole and they will close down.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 4:42 pm
  • I was not yelling or causing a scene. Robyn was rude, disrespectful, and confrontational right out of the gate. I did not swear, except after she told me to “take my cranky ass out of here,” I said, “you don’t have to be a bitch about it.” It was entirely more calm than her waste of a call to 911 suggests. I cannot believe she wasted the Sheriff Department’s time and resources. I left peacefully when she asked me to, and was even going to completely drop the matter until she decided to humiliate me further by sending a deputy to my home. I wasn’t upset about not being able to use the passes. I was upset that she handled the situation with a complete lack of diplomacy. Robyn is the one with the horrible reputation. I was just unfortunate enough to encounter it personally.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 4:23 pm
  • You Weeki Me Wachee

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 4:19 pm
  • Um.. last I checked.. a sister is immediate family..

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 4:14 pm
  • We only know one side of the story.. We dont know how the woman acted who got denied acess.. She could have been causing a seen

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 4:09 pm
  • according to the story, weeki wachee states that the passes were for immediate family only, the wife, children and parents only. not the sister and her kids…for three years…. and for her to go in cursing and yelling was inappropriate. anyone who acts like that in public deserves a no trespassing warning.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 4:07 pm
    • You need to read the article right. It wasn’t the sister that was yelling and using vulgar language. The employee needs to be terminated

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 1:03 pm
  • Just plain bad customer service, no matter what the situation!!!!

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 3:57 pm
  • I have heard of beligerant behavior by Ms. Anderson before. I know tht she has been known to be exceptionally rude to patrons at the park over minor infractions. Irregardless of their ages. these complaints go back over a decade ago.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 3:53 pm
  • Wow! It doesn’t matter what Stacy said – this was the complete wrong way to deal with the situation. I am ashamed for them.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 3:50 pm
  • Wow, Sounds like this was blown way out of proportion, I suppose the information on the “Free Pass’s” should have been a little more specific.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 3:34 pm
  • Won’t be going back there again and will be passing this story on to others. Shame on you WWS

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 3:33 pm
  • There were other ways to handle a change in policy or a misunderstanding like this. A professional would have de-escalated the situation, move to a less public place, explain the change or mistake calmly, with professionalism rather than someone with a little authority, trying to throw their weight around! She would have to be retrained or relieved of her position.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 3:31 pm
    • exactly. a “sorry for the misunderstanding, please enjoy the park for the day, but realize we need to revisit this issue”…. after watching the video, i want to go up there just to meet her and have some fun! I’m sadistic like that.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 6:04 pm
  • Here’s an interesting video about this Robyn chick—listen to the whole thing—what language for a public relations director

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 3:31 pm
    • I was going to link the same video. What kind of person proclaims to be “mayor”, says “F you” to people, makes fun of employees trying to do their job, gives the “retarded” hand signal? This is what she does on camera, imagine how she behaved with the sister…absolutely shameful. What employee, that works for any company, would not be fired for this? Disgusting behavior.

If there was an issue, she should have quietly let them in, then taken them aside and let them know you’re no longer honoring, or they don’t qualify, or whatever reason so they know next time.

This woman should not work in customer service. I love the park, but this is shameful.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 4:11 pm
      • The video says it ALL!!!! Major attitude and trash mouth!!!! Get rid of her!!! The retarded hand signal!!! She should be ashamed of herself.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 6:13 pm
      • Please add the link…I’d like to view the video.

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 5:10 pm
    • Shameful!

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 5:00 pm
      • plans to visit florida but will not include this place on our agenda.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 5:03 pm
      • I REMEMBER HER FORM 12 YEARS AGO WHEN SHE STARTED AS ASS MGR SHE WAS RUDE AND VERY OBNOXIUOS TO EVERYONE!

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 5:10 pm
  • Seems like she using the death of her brother to get a free ride. Their are two sides to every story….

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 3:24 pm
  • This is only one side of the story. If it actually happened this way i feel the manager needs to be reprimanded, but without being a witness there isnt a way to know the whole truth of the situation.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 3:10 pm
  • If i was mrs anderson supervisor she would have been fired publicly i don’t care what the sitiuation is you never speak to customers that way they pay your salary no excuse terminated on the spot weeki wachee springs needs to apoligize on behalf of thier rude employee

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 3:06 pm
  • I have to believe that there is more to the story and the behavior of this Woman as I have dealt with both Robyn and John over the years and they have been nothing but professional. I think maybe the stress from the situation may have made this woman a little irate and therefore created the trespassing request.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 3:04 pm
  • That is so messed upi feel for the family

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 2:58 pm
  • This is how the county operates, so shady and unprofessional. It happens everyday but only a few of these situations are brought to light.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 2:41 pm
    • What does the county have to do with it?? It is a State Park run by the State of Florida!

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 5:43 pm
  • Sorry for your loss , its to bad the park did not honor what they say they will,but to make a scene in public view is in excuseable. this is how the state runs things.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 2:23 pm
  • I,m sorry for your loss.. “the Devil is allways in the Details”…. the last time I went to “the Park” it was filled with gang members and Thugs from Spring Hill…. not fun…..

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 2:13 pm
  • The issue is how the park handled the error not that the passes were issued wrong?

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 2:06 pm
  • If that’s how you treat your officers n families week I watchee me as a soon to be solider will stay away too n never kayak there again.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 1:58 pm
  • As chaplain for Spring Hill Fire Rescue I was on that call that night. One of the most heart breaking I have ever been on. Both for John’s family, and for the fellow officers on that call, and the Rescue workers from Pasco County who responded. It was a very tragic death, and I can’t even fathom what would have moved the Assn. Manager to be that cruel. I do know this that until they apologize to Johns sister I will not ever set foot there again. It would seem Weeki Wachee made a business decision back then to look good in the publics eyes, since they were sinking fast at the time, and now figure people forgot so time to pull the rug out. This is nothing short of shameful on their part.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 1:56 pm
  • I’d be all over the state for this issue. Its a state park now and even though they are going back on what they were honoring ….they had no right to treat her that way whatsoever. Especially in public eye with children present. That is no way to conduct yourselves. At best …they should have spoken to her in a civilized manner and advised her politely “that the next time….”.
    Why is it that people everywhere find it so much easier to be rude rather than pleasant? I just cannot understand it. And BTW…..immediate family IS brother, sisters, neices & nephews. Pssft.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 1:52 pm
    • You’re wrong about immediate family. It’s your smallest family unit, which includes just the people you live with and interact with everyday. Which can include your sister, but often doesn’t when you’re older. And they didn’t go back on what they honored, if the passes for her sister and her kids were only for a year, then they’ve accidentally been getting into the park free for 2 and half years. All these people are now hating Weeki Wachee because some of some Lady’s emotionally charged facebook message. Stacy doesn’t include in her facebook post how she approached the lady or anything that was said leading up to the worst parts. She said she was humiliated in front of a large group of people but doesn’t give any details. And the kids were able to stay in the park for free even after their passes expired. What do you expect from Weeki Wachee? They’re a business, a lot of other businesses didn’t offer anything to the family. It’s still unprofessional to treat somebody that way, but it is definitely being blown way out of proportion. And it’s not like she runs the police station (actually maybe, she is the mayor!), It’s their job to inform you of that sort of thing. And what does it matter that he showed up in uniform? Why is that even included? Is he going to take off his uniform to go to your house and do his job? He showed up in person, that shows more decency than a phone call. There are so many things wrong with this facebook post, the fact that it affected and enraged this many people is scary. Who knows what Stacy was saying? she could’ve been yelling or cursing, and you can’t have that in the line in front of your amusement park. There’s just not enough information to determine whose right and who is wrong. Please everybody, stop being crazy.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 6:52 pm
      • I agree. I believe this is all emotionally charged. And what was given to the immediate family was just for them and they have been allowing the sister and kids go in on accident. and although i think it could have been handled better I feel the sister yelling and cursing was to incite sympathy and a reaction from the crowd to get the passes extended.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 8:34 pm
      • I agree with you! There’s two sides to every story and there’s just not enough information here. Some individuals play on the whole customers are always right. To hate Weeki Wachee for this is just not right.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 10:13 pm
      • I approached the original ticket taker calmly, and was immediately met with a very poor attitude. She quickly said, “I am not talking to you about this. I will call the manager.” I thanked her, and waited five minutes for someone to come and talk to me. Robyn emerged, and right away I could tell that she shared her fellow co-worker’s attitude. I calmly explained who I was, and that I was under the impression we had lifetime passes. Robyn said they weren’t lifetime, and only issued, “for a time.” I asked her what that length of time was, and she couldn’t answer my question. She said, “I called Steve Klapka about this.” I asked, “Why would you call him??” Her response was, “It’s none of your business.” When I tried to explain to her that we were never told that there was an expiration date on the passes, she quickly got rude and impatient, and said, “Listen…you can either let your kids stay here for the day, or take your cranky ass out of here.” I said, “You don’t need to be a bitch about it.” She said, “LEAVE. NOW, or I am calling the cops.” I said, “Go ahead and call the cops!” At which point I told my kids to come with me, and we left. There was no screaming. There was no profanity used by neither her, nor I. She called the police after I peacefully left the premises, and LIED to them when she said I was yelling profanity. That was the only thing she COULD say to cover her horrible attitude. She could have handled this SO much more professionally, but she put me on the defensive from the first second. She acted as though my children and I were doing something wrong by using the passes that we had NO clue were “expired.” SHE is the one who dismissed her park patron’s concerns with flippant disrespect in front of the crowd of people. She didn’t offer to discuss the matter quietly in her office. She displayed her horrifying attitude right out in the open, and I wasn’t supposed to feel upset by that?? I wasn’t supposed to defend myself and my children? SHE caused the scene, and she knows it…but she had to make it look like I was the raving lunatic, otherwise how could she justify calling the police? She simply wanted to send a deputy to my home to “get the last word,” so to speak. It was humiliating, and uncalled for. No one should ever be treated that way by an employee ANYWHERE. I very quickly got over the passes. The passes became irrelevant. It was her horrid public relation skills that made me angry. I was willing to drop it until she poured salt on the wound by sending a deputy to my home. That took it too far, and only then did I decide to take it public with some online reviews. She should have left well enough alone when I peacefully vacated the premises. From what I have read about her past relations with the public, HOW IS IT EVEN A QUESTION as to how I was treated?? Isn’t her history with others proof enough? How is this women still in a managerial position??

Thursday, 9 April 2015, 6:07 am
  • WOW! Please provide the follow up! I’d like to know the truth one way or the other!

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 1:43 pm
  • Even if the passes have expired, the behavior of the staff at Weeki Wachee is disgusting. They should issue an apology to this woman and her children. And perhaps they should take a course in sensitivity training. And sending an officer to her house is almost bizarre to me. It’s Weeki Wachee, not Buckingham Palace! I feel so bad for her and her kids. I’m with you Stacy. If this crass behavior is part of the park experience I won’t be going there ever again. So sorry this happened.

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 1:36 pm
  • wow that’s awful that lady should be fired what happened to customer service shame on you

Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 1:21 pm