Wet Roads Cause Hazardous Driving Conditions for Motorists

SPRING HILL – Fire Rescue responded to the scene of a single vehicle accident into a utility pole, at the intersection of Spring Hill Drive and Escobar Ave.

According to witnesses at the scene, the driver did not appear to be injured but it is unknown if he was transported for treatment.

The cause of the accident is not known.

Just before noon today a pickup truck collided with a utility pole at the intersection of County Line Road and U.S. 41, injuring the driver.

Firefighters were forced to extricate the man from the vehicle but his injuries did not appear to be life-threatening.

One woman says she broke out the rear window of the truck and stayed with the man until help could arrive on the scene.

Wet roads have contributed to an increase of traffic accidents across the region over the last several days.

nick maier

Lowman Featured

Comments
  • How about using caution when it’s raining…

Friday, 7 August 2015, 2:08 am
  • Silence. Love it!

Wednesday, 5 August 2015, 9:11 pm
  • Boy you know a lot of people don’t you. Guess I should have known with that prestine mustang you HAD…. This is fun, I’ll wait to post more when you wreck another car!

Monday, 3 August 2015, 6:58 pm
  • I agree with My 2 cents. If it’s so bad here and all you do is complain Boschamps maybe you should move. Just sayin I have lived here since Mariner was a dirt road I have been in one accident in my life. The world is going to shit everywhere drugs, crime, even driving. I think you see more here because you live here it’s in your local news. Being from the north or the south doesn’t make you a better driver it’s common sense.

Monday, 3 August 2015, 7:00 am
  • Hey two pennies just giving back…sounds like you can dish it but ya can’t take it…oh by the way..the war IS over…yeeeehaaaw….truth hurts…

Monday, 3 August 2015, 4:01 am
  • OMG! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Your uneducated, stupid and condescending comments have had me, the deputy and the Michelin corporate guy laughing so dang hard. The deputy claims that when people like you misplace your meth pipe, the deputies typically interact with you confused people. The guy from Michelin said that the reason they are so successful is because their products are equilvalent or SLIGHLTY superior to other like products, but the main reason they are successful is because they do testing on potential employees and your first posting was indicative or your mental issues, you were kind enough to post a SECOND time with a bunch of false comments, thinking others who read this periodical would think you are so smart about automobiles when in fact, nothing you stated is fact – just a bunch of garbage so people think you are cool! HAHAHAHAHAHA. I guess that Michelin who makes the tires that you love so much has figured you out. As for the deputy, he is pretty sure his agency will have some type of interaction with you while your meth pipe is MIA and as for me my dear, thanks. I really needed to laugh this hard after the wreck.

Sunday, 2 August 2015, 11:51 pm
  • My 2 cents…….leave Boschamps alone………he is a RIOT!!!!!

Sunday, 2 August 2015, 11:15 pm
  • BTW Susan……..the article says a man was driving? Are you Susan/……..aka Bruce Jenner?

Sunday, 2 August 2015, 11:14 pm
  • Relax Susan, nobody wants to hear your car accident story! We are glad you are ok……leave it alone

Sunday, 2 August 2015, 11:12 pm
  • If you have a medical condition! Stay off the road!

Sunday, 2 August 2015, 3:48 pm
  • If your weren’t driving to fast in te puddles your belt would have never fell off. Keep defending youreself. That’s all you got! Furthermore if you had good insurance you would not be a total loss. If you pay 700 plus for those , salesman got you good.

Sunday, 2 August 2015, 3:47 pm
    • Thank you for this second post. You are helping my mood after my wreck. First, I am more grateful that ever before that my mom did not take street dope while pregnant with me. Apparently, you lost that advantage. Also, your comment about the belt coming off the rain because I was going too fast caused me to cry with laughter. In fact, I shared it with the deputy who was at the scene and he busted out in laughter. You are wrong – apparently, you know more about loading meth into a pipe, being a drain on society and trashing Wal-Mart than you do about cars or having any class. My Michelin contact read your first post and fell on the floor laughing at what you wrote. Then he stood up and said how thankful he is that company does not hire employees that seem to possess traits like yours appeared to him – ignorant, dumb (what you said about cars, tires, etc is not right and I knew it and he did too) as well as your apparent tendency to insult other people, companies, etc. The deputy told me that he arrests people like you every single day. Sad, but thank you very much for the laughs. Cheered me up.

Sunday, 2 August 2015, 11:41 pm
  • Susan♡ I’m glad your ok. Things on this earth can be replaced. Your life can not.I’m so sorry you had to go through this. I’m sure if every cruel writer on here went through this they would be speaking differently about their self. But what are you gonna do when they think they are perfect. Let it all go and focus on the love you have and getting your things in order after this ordeal. I will keep you in my prayers♡ and the others they need it♡ keep your head up♡♡

Sunday, 2 August 2015, 8:55 am
  • Boschamps Everytime you open your piehole to slam the people of the south stop and remember where you are at.Then pack your rags and take your dumb stupid azz back up north.

Sunday, 2 August 2015, 8:36 am
  • Susan , you need to relax, these meth heads have nothing better to do. Im glad to see you are ok and can still read and type. I hope things get better for you.

Sunday, 2 August 2015, 3:33 am
    • Jim Heywood, Meth Heads? I’m sorry but do you know us? I’m not a Meth Head and saying “THESE” means everyone. How about you check your s**t before saying it. I’m sure your not perfect either just saying.

Sunday, 2 August 2015, 9:55 pm
  • Well things happen for all reason…maybe some 18yr old male that is your son won’t be flying around spring hill IN that so called beautiful red convertible mustang may have saved HIS life…..GOD works IN mysterious ways….IT’S ONLY AND CAR….stop whining…geez

Sunday, 2 August 2015, 2:21 am
  • Wow Susan is extremely concerned about random stranger opinion on here. Multiple detailed explanation. That sucks you ruined your car but why would you put so much detailed information about your situation on here?

Saturday, 1 August 2015, 11:06 pm
  • Susan hun no one reads the comments half the time so don’t take offense they simply spew from the peanut gallery and move on forgetting these stories involve real people most of the time. I am happy you’re ok. You should look into going after the part company or installation person for damages. Do not call a TV lawyer they are useless find a real one xD

Saturday, 1 August 2015, 10:58 am
  • Fact, worst drivers 1st place NY 2nd place Boston. Boston had to put up big signs across there new gigantic hwy that said use turn signal because of the wrecks. Source dot worst driving states just google that and look at stats and insurance rates. Plus all 4 neighbors are from Boston always getting tickets amd hitting someone in the ass always.

Saturday, 1 August 2015, 10:32 am
  • To many people are not adjusting their driving to the changing conditions and not paying attention while driving, Spring Hill Drive & Mariner Blvd have become clearly very dangerous because of speeding and tailgating which is a recipe for disaster

Saturday, 1 August 2015, 9:23 am
  • THANKS JANET / TOM LEMON DID NOT NO IF ITS IS A CAR OR TRUCK IN THE WRECK / LOOKS LIKE A RED MUSTANG THAT HIT THE POLE

Saturday, 1 August 2015, 9:01 am
    • he was reporting 2 seperate accidents in one article if you read it. One was a truck vs pole at county line and 41 the other seen in the pic was the red mustang that apparently occurred due to mechanical issues and the driver couldnt keep her car under control.

Monday, 3 August 2015, 6:38 pm
  • Because how do you smash into a pole on a straightaway????……and usually that’s who make dumb comments about northerners..just giving back…further more common sense is non existent to southerners….GOOOOLLY GOOBER….

Saturday, 1 August 2015, 8:51 am
  • Lol boschamps. How do you know the person driving was southern. Florida is where everyone from other states moves to.

Saturday, 1 August 2015, 4:48 am
  • Ya into ditches, poles ,trees, each other and don’t forget the roll overs….

Saturday, 1 August 2015, 1:49 am
  • It’s not the southerners , they know how to drive

Friday, 31 July 2015, 9:59 pm
  • The right tire changes everything!

Friday, 31 July 2015, 7:40 pm
  • Keep buying them walmart tires! Lmao! Should have bought Michelins!

Friday, 31 July 2015, 7:37 pm
    • Hi. I don’t know if you are a man or a woman, not that it matters. I was the owner and driver of the red Mustang convertible in the pics in this article. Tires did not come from WalMart and Michelin is no better than the $719 PER RIM.TIRE that I had bought and put of that car just 4 months ago. Apparently, you dont know cars. They are especially made for dispersing rain water from the vehicle to eliminate or minimize ANY fishtailing or step out of a Mustang’s rear end. I know Mustang’s bumper to bumper and let me you tell me something you comedian, those EXPENSIVE, safe tires had NOTHING to do with this wreck – not a ounce. I was not speeding – I was doing under the speed limit and when I went to turn onto Linden, the brand new serpentine belt (do you know what this) failed. It was just replaced 2 months ago and it was in great condition I was given NO indication of any problem with any part (ie: no noise, no sequealing, no grinding, no stalling, no dashboard idiot light illuminated). In the middle of my turn, the mechanical failure occurred and with me being a long time LUPUS patient (do you know hat that is), I did not have the physical arm strength or power to turn my car any further than I did (lesson for you: there is no power steering when the serpentine belt snaps and fails), Look at the pics – I hit the pole on the right fender of the hood and wheels are facing left – I did all I could do in the 15′ or so to save my beautiful car andmyself and not hurt anyone. thankfully, I dd not hurt anyone or destroy any property, except my own. Know this: My beautiful well maintained convertible Mustang is a TOTAL loss. I suffered severe injuries from this wreck including loss of eyesight in one eye due to the air bag exploding on the driver’s side and bruises all over my face. My 18 year old son, who I was giving this great car to NEXT week for all successes and hard work and southern morals and values, will no longer get this car they he wanted. I have pics and so does the sheriff fully proving that the wreck was not caused by WalMart tires (what is wrong with you?), it wasn’t not caused by my error or reckless driving, not caused by speeding or my lack of attention to safety but SOLELY caused by mechanical failure. I received NO citations, warnings,, lectures of any kind from anyone. So, do you want me to tell the head deputy that had I listened to your opinion and put Michelin’s on it, this wouldn’t have happened? A $400 tire versus a custom specialized design for rain.water safety (cost $545 EACH for my now wrecked car)? Just say the word and I will notify him and I will then bet that you WONT BE LMAO! You may have been trying to be funny, but you’re not. My car is a total loss. I am suffering with severe injuries and my son is out of a car. You think this is funny? If you do, I hope that NO mechanical failure, capable of causing the severe wreck, property, bodly and emotional damage as this one has to any person you know. I hope that doesn’t happen, but sadly, if it ever did, I would be sure that you would not be LMAO! Awaiting your apology too.

Saturday, 1 August 2015, 9:23 am
  • #22

Friday, 31 July 2015, 6:19 pm
  • I’m from Boston where the winter’s suck….we never have the amount of wrecks that they have here….and its rain….let’s face it southerners can’t drive….but they’re good at turning left…lol…and pitting…

Friday, 31 July 2015, 6:18 pm
    • I am highly offended by your racial comments and statements that “southerners cant drive but they are good at turning left…lol…and pitting.” There is no reference in your post ANYWHERE that your statements are your opinions, The words you utilized, are in fact, disgusting and racist. You may think you “NORTHERNERS” are better than SOUTHERNERS – we are all the same except we live in paradise, we treat each other with respect (mostly) and we help others. Even disrespectful racists like you can cross the Florida / Georgia line, enjoy all that our beautiful environment offers and be treated with southern respect and pride. Your comments about my 18 year old son driving a Mustang are indicative of your prejudice towards younger adults as well. FYI – my son is about to become an officer in the U.S. Navy, defending this great country, including mean bigots and racists like you as you have so generously proven in your posts. Your racism and blatant display of it are apparent by your posts and are disgusting at best. But as a proud southerner, I find you to be revolting – a disgrace to the city of Boston, it’s people and the State of Massachusetts. As such, I contacted a few newspapers, periodicals, etc in the Boston area with your posts, expressing my personal OPINION of your racist, bigoted comments about Southerners, YOU – a visitor to our state, a native of their great state who speaks from his/her hatred within them because you have no facts about the traffic wreck . I have been emailed by 3 of the 4 I contacted who wish for me to submit my OPINION along with BOTH of your disgusting comments to publish an article asking the great residents of the Boston area to continue to represent their great city as the great city it is instead of a city riddled with racists, mean, bigoted big mouths like yourself. You were too scared to post your real name here, but this paper you posted in has your email and I have been assured by the people in Boston, that your real identity is easily attainable. I respect posters who post what they know or what they know will help others involved in traffic wrecks, even if their comments differ from the facts of the traffic wreck. I speak solely for myself when I say this to you. I am a successful and respectable resident here in town with wonderfully successful children as are 99% of Spring Hill residents – good, kind people. Go back to Boston – leave our great state – we don’t need people like you here. You will be busy repairing the damage to your reputation. NORTHERNERS are good people, so are SOUTHERNERS – we are all Americans

Monday, 3 August 2015, 2:52 am
  • Don’t blame the weather for the crazy , ignorant drivers here .. Please have more respect for others on the road NO MATTER WHAT THE WEATHER IS DOING !!!

Friday, 31 July 2015, 5:41 pm
    • Good morning. with all due respect (despite your accusatory rude comments on here), I was the driver of this Mustang. I wrecked NOT because of weather – the SOLE cause of this wreck was MECHANICAL FAILURE of a part I had installed just 2 months ago (the serpentine belt). I have lost so much from this wreck and I did not violatel or drive in any reckless manner. I am not a rrazy, ignorant driver as you have indicated with your poison pen, Want to know the facts? See my post below. If not, its up to you but whatever you wish tod o, you ma’am, owe my an apology on here. While I do understand that some people do drive crazy and not safely, I AM NOT and I repeat…NOT ONE OF THOSE DRIVERS AND YOUR COMMENT adds insult to the severe wounds I am suffering from the wreck as well as my beautiful Mustang being a total loss. I hope this never happens to anyone you know. Have a nice day. P.S. I have photographs from me and the sheriff that CLEARLY show and prove that the wreck was not caused by weather, lack of safety, craziness, ignorance, etc…..it was strictly and solely caused by mechanical failure. Want to see the pictures? Send a reply, hopefully with an apology and I will send you the pictures. No apology? That’s okay. All that will prove to everyone is that despite my beautiful car being a TOTAL Loss, suffering the severe injuries I did and my beautiful 18 year old being denied the very well maintained, nice Mustang that I was giving him next week as a gift for his numerous successes is that you a bitter person, making degrading comments about a situation that your genius self had no knowledge of was not only wrong regarding myself but inconsiderate not to mention extremely lacking any class. Yes…I am calling you out.

Susan Hubbard

Saturday, 1 August 2015, 8:53 am
      • Ford.

Monday, 3 August 2015, 5:02 pm
  • What is this about the 5th crash on SP HILL DR between Mariner and Waterfall within 2 weeks ?

Friday, 31 July 2015, 5:26 pm
  • In regular driving conditions you should have one car length per 10mph, if you are driving 60mph that’s 6 car lengths.

Friday, 31 July 2015, 4:35 pm
  • Sending prayers

Friday, 31 July 2015, 4:25 pm
    • Thank you so very much. By the grace of our wonderful God, I was injured but I am alive. My car is a total loss, but please know that the rain did notcause my wreck – the belt that runs everything had mechanical failure (it was only 2months old) and as a Lupus patient, I do not possess the arm strength or power to stter the car in that critical of a situation with ONLY manual steering. Thank you for your kind words – others could learn alot from your kindness. 🙂

Susan Hubbard

Saturday, 1 August 2015, 7:55 am
  • Word of advice. When it rains put your head lights on and slow down! In regular driving conditions you should have a car length in front of you, in rain double that. I can’t beleive all the people who speed by me in the rain. All it takes is hitting a puddle and hydro planing off the road.

Friday, 31 July 2015, 3:37 pm
  • Pay attention and drive the speed limit which people don’t seem to do around here !

Friday, 31 July 2015, 3:10 pm