Witness Alerts Deputies to Suspicious Material Dumped at Landfill, Follows U-Haul

BROOKSVILLE – Thanks to the vigilance of a concerned citizen, Sheriff’s Deputies are investigating the dumping of a possible marijuana grow operation at the Northwest Solid Waste Management Facility, located near US-98 and the Suncoast Parkway.

Earlier this afternoon, deputies responded to the landfill where they located a large pile of PVC pipes, insulation, and lumber, consistent with materials used to build a grow operation.

According to our sources, a witness observed several men removing the material from a U-Haul truck and dumping it into the construction waste section of the landfill. But the witnesses didn’t stop there. After the men finished dumping the material he followed them along the Suncoast Parkway until law enforcement caught up with them at the exit ramp to County Line Road.

It is not known if deputies discovered evidence inside the truck that may lead to charges at this time.

Landfill employees were asked not to comment regarding the suspicious dumping.

We will bring more on this story if additional information comes available.

uh1 uh2 uh3 uh4

Comments
  • piece of :/

Tuesday, 23 August 2016, 3:04 pm
  • The only reason marijuana is illegal today is because of the big pharmaceutical companies. They are developing a synthetic drug named Marinol that mimics marijuana and they are close to releasing it to the public. To me marijuana is way better and healthier than someone treating pain with Oxycodone. Just saying. Smoked it when I was a kid and I turned out ok. I own a home, have a great job and haven’t missed a day of work in years.

Tuesday, 16 August 2016, 12:21 pm
  • Sherry, you had a very good point. It is quite possible these two guys were cleaning out some rental property. This stuff may very well have been left or just abandoned. Or maybe it was their stuff and decided they didn’t want to get caught, or maybe they were tipped of that they were the next bust upcoming. Follow up Tom.

Monday, 15 August 2016, 5:24 pm
  • You sound mad?

Sunday, 14 August 2016, 5:52 pm
  • I hope they wrote the concerned citizen a ticket for having no life.

Sunday, 14 August 2016, 5:47 pm
  • Sophie your an idiot. I am a get off my lawn older person. And as long as you stay off MY lawn we don’t have a problem. Its nosey jerks like you that can’t mind there own business that are ruining this country.

Sunday, 14 August 2016, 1:21 pm
  • @crazywannabee they should charge the snitch for false report. Crazy we dont need idiots like you being I think im a law officer we have have those. By the way pro cop pro pot cause we dont need crazy b, s philosophy, the law dont want to mess with it anymore ask a cop I do.. Pam Bondi says no interference with talking, protesting, signs, speech etc duh um cause its on ballot amd would be considered intimidation of voter right source Pam Bomdi and state supreme court. Oh my neighbor works for city and has pvc and insulation in the city truck and wood now I can see it. I am not anti police I am not a grower or user im an advocate of common sense weed policy and will not stop speaking until the commies shut me up. Have a blessed day remember we vote especially local see ya at the polls.

Sunday, 14 August 2016, 12:02 pm
    • Oh but crazy b used to smoke the stuff and maybe still does. I know this as the truth, having known her for a long, long time.
      So many cops go into that career to hide their own crimes. I’m just saying.
      #YesOn2

Sunday, 14 August 2016, 12:59 pm
  • Itsmeagin your so funny im on my knees with your mom remember im on the streets everyday looking for people like you

Sunday, 14 August 2016, 11:56 am
    • Ah hell nah. If you’re on your knees with my mom, you’re no longer alive, knucklehead. Every time I see you on the streets…you need to be out there looking for people like yourself…who also have romantic romps while on duty. Is that prostitution, or fraud? You married that dude after getting him fired and now you’re on your knees with another one who thinks he has “Powers”. Most deputies are proud to wear their uniforms…you on the other hand seem to like to take yours off.
      Skank, merely a skank is all you are and all you have ever been.

Sunday, 14 August 2016, 12:57 pm
  • Be careful out there people. This is Hernando country and there are a lot of “get off my lawn” older people who love to snitch on anything and everything. I guess that is their view of “making America great again”.

Sunday, 14 August 2016, 11:17 am
  • I get the whole see something say something deal. but this is alittle over the top. Its in the trash, so IF IT was part of a grow house it isn’t any more. Be thankful and move on. I’m sure the local leo’s have more important things to do. Like worry about a grow house that is in operation.

Sunday, 14 August 2016, 9:31 am
  • Yup the stupid cops go after these people but let the ones get away who threw a dead body in the landfill. Good job cops…..NOT!

Crazy B…go back to doing what you do best, on your knees. Your job depends on criminals, and yup you are one crazy a$$ B, and a home wrecker to boot. How many other co-workers are you going to bed down with before you keep your legs closed? Ewww, the diseases…I’m just sayin’…..you skank.

Sunday, 14 August 2016, 9:28 am
  • Sorry food didnt read well your on point.

Sunday, 14 August 2016, 7:27 am
  • @crazy b they need to deport food to idiot land. Does anyone have anything to do and how is that legal remember if your over the age of 40 gotta be a drug dealer, hell just drive aroumd oh look in the garage pvc and a shop light break out the artillery smh communist

Sunday, 14 August 2016, 7:24 am
    • say what im pro for keeping big government out of growing your own food ..lol
      I support local farms. I go to all the local ones. The upicks are great. I honestly wouldnt care if
      my neighbor had a cannabis plant or two either. Ive seen what the pills and meth do though and I think we need better treatment programs in place but weed? Im a total health nut and have zero interest but hey if you want to spark a joint and listen to bob marley more power to you.

Sunday, 14 August 2016, 1:46 pm
  • Bahahahaha! ” TRASH MATTERS ” yard signs, t-shirts, buttons, banners, bumper stickers! Lmao! Next up…..a rally by the dump! smh!

Sunday, 14 August 2016, 6:13 am
  • Oh no we got PVC Pipes! Call HCSO Swat.

Sunday, 14 August 2016, 12:29 am
  • I can see signs along the road to the landfill now TRASH MATTERS!

Saturday, 13 August 2016, 11:09 pm
  • OMG You need to train the workers better ! i got a garage full of this stuff it don’t mean im growing Dope Jesus Christ anyone here ever here of hydroponic lettuce and other vegetables. How about Aquaponics dam what next A trip to lowes or Home Depot going to have a swat team waiting out side for me. Oh i buy many rolls of that reflective foam. guess DEA needs to know this also 🙂 with that being said i invite HCSO to stop in and have a salad any time there in the HOOD ! So come on guys and gals look it up. What a world we live in just growing food in your is now a crime to take broken pipes to the dump.

Saturday, 13 August 2016, 10:47 pm
    • exactly. i have aquaponics, hydro, and raised water beds. I have so much pvc and grow supplies Id be suspect number one..lol

Sunday, 14 August 2016, 1:42 pm
      • Looks like i am suspect 2 🙂

Sunday, 14 August 2016, 6:54 pm
  • I am with you concerned citizen I would have done the same we need more people like you around here to keep this out of here The ones that are saying stuff are probably the dope heads they are nothing but a lowlife meth heads drug users

Saturday, 13 August 2016, 9:18 pm
    • meth and marijuana are not even comparable. i dont smoke it, probably never will but you might want to research it before you start mashing that keyboard thingy.. it does great things like help children from having seizures that cause life threatening permanent harm and has actually been shown to cause cancer remission in multiple studies. guess how many people died from it.. no one.ever. more people die from aspirin. Big pharma, alcohol industries, and lobby groups paid off by corrupt business are the biggest opponents towards cannabis. I wonder why.. and again I dont get high, i dont even drink coffee, alcohol and never smoked a cigarette. Im a total health nut..lol Tired of people with this reefer madness mentality. Its 2016, people should be a little more educated.

Sunday, 14 August 2016, 1:41 pm
  • How do you know there was no probable cause for the stop? Were you there?

Saturday, 13 August 2016, 9:05 pm
    • nonsense like this happens all the time. the doctrine wouldnt exist with out case law and prior incidents. unless tom is giving us a bunch of bs which i doubt, it is what it is. look im pro law enforcement 100 percent but lets be honest. marijuana is a cash cow. over half the inmate population for drugs are marijuana. the majority of all cash and assets ie cars, boats, homes, property etc seized is marijuana related. war on marijuana is a huge huge business and nearly 90 percent of marijuana arrests are a very tiny amount. ie a joints worth. I have no interest in the plant but rational thinking is my thing. Our own government has it listed as a schedule 1 drug which by definition has to be proven to have no medical value yet our own government owns the rights to multiple medical patents on the medicinal value of cannabis. it all comes down to money and politics. Id rather see tax revenue coming in than being funneled to huge violent cartels. Marijuana is a big factor for job security for many people. ok aside from my rant im sure it wouldnt be the first oops in the history of traffic stops. dont be a blind sheep .

Saturday, 13 August 2016, 11:05 pm
      • Hey know nothing maybe at the dump the cops ran their little what drug is it test and popped positive. That gives them probable cause.

Saturday, 13 August 2016, 11:57 pm
        • Ran tests on the garbage? Completely laughable. I agree with Food. There was no reason to invade these peoples privacy and violate their rights just because someone assumed this was grow equipment. Medicinal marijuana is very beneficial and the cops, big PHarma and others don’t want it legalized due to it being such a huge cash cow. You’d be surprised who all smokes, eats or vaporizes the stuff, for recreational purposes. Lawyers, doctors, cops, judges and those who are ill need it, instead of using the toxin pills that the government is paid to push.
          #YesOn2

Sunday, 14 August 2016, 11:33 am
        • you might want to think more about your screen name there buddy. you watch too much hollywood nonsense. the vehicle already left the area. the burden of proof would be a specific link to that trash. also pvc pipe would not test positive for thc..lol you know the active substance in marijuana not pvc that would run water.. you are probably up there with the person i heard over the radio yelling about a trespass and the woman wanted the sheriffs aid to run a spectrum analyzer on the ground to locate footprints of the people that cut through her yard. just bc you seen something on tv doesnt mean its real.. smh.. people people. common sense isnt so common.

Sunday, 14 August 2016, 1:32 pm
  • lol even if they found dead people from that stop the sheriff wouldnt be able to prosecute. this is speculation and assumption. there is zero probable cause for that stop. anything from this would be fruit of the poisonous tree doctrine. a first month law student would be able to tear any case built on that into pieces in seconds. i have way more than these people have and I grow lettuce fruit and vegetables. if i throw away pvc pipe, fhp and sheriffs office.. any law enforcement.. have zero probable cause to initiate a traffic stop. Im laughing at this one. search and seizure is out of the question of anything beyond now.. you pull over a vehicle over with zero p.c. and find anything linked to any crime its a all inadmissible. doesnt matter if i buy truck load of grow equipment and have the latest hightimes magazine and cultivating cannabis 101 book on my dash. you pull me over for that the law offices of Kanwe Skrewya and Howe will be laughing all the way to the bank..

Saturday, 13 August 2016, 8:33 pm
  • Its WEED for God’s sake, natural , grows in the ground all by itself! Go after the meth makers that threaten neighborhoods with risk of death by explosion!

Saturday, 13 August 2016, 7:57 pm
  • At least they were dumping their trash properly, as required. Maybe they were just cleaning out a vacant rental property, or something. Let’s not be so quick to judge.

Saturday, 13 August 2016, 7:55 pm
  • No freaking comment

Saturday, 13 August 2016, 6:41 pm
  • This is how Communism survives….Live and let live…it’s trash!

Saturday, 13 August 2016, 6:28 pm
  • Looks like trash to me. Where’s the grow lights. Pots to grow stuff in. The pumps for irrigation. Tom where’s the follow up. What about that meth dealer who got arrested.

Saturday, 13 August 2016, 6:07 pm
  • Sprinklers

Saturday, 13 August 2016, 6:01 pm
  • Why would the “concerned citizen” care about that? Doesn’t he have anything better to do then worry about some weed. On top of that it sounds like he is just looking for something to call the cops about. Insulation and pvc piping are used for lots of things. I would hate to be in line at the grocery store in front of him. I wouldn’t want to be accused of making meth because I bought some drain-o.

Saturday, 13 August 2016, 5:45 pm
  • Really because o ly a grow house requires tjose type of materials?

Saturday, 13 August 2016, 5:39 pm
  • WTF? Let’s hunt down the meth..if anything lmao wow

Saturday, 13 August 2016, 5:36 pm
  • Hilarious…I used to grow weed…now I dont…so take me to jail….goodness what has become of people…

Saturday, 13 August 2016, 5:30 pm
  • I’ve always wondered why there are so many cars/trucks with Pasco tags at the Eastside Dump. Don’t you have to live/pay Property Taxes in Hernando to use the HC dump?

Saturday, 13 August 2016, 5:28 pm
  • snitches.

Saturday, 13 August 2016, 5:21 pm
  • you’re kidding, right? now we can’t even dump trash without somebody turning us in to the cops?!! SMH

Saturday, 13 August 2016, 5:16 pm