Woman Assaults Boyfriend with Stolen Handgun During Breakup

BROOKSVILLE – Deputies responded to a weapons disturbance Saturday, after a woman called 911 to report that her boyfriend was removing property from their residence.

According to officials, Deputies made contact with 30-year-old Danielle Lee Peddle at her residence located at 9480 Country Road. Peddle claimed that her live-in boyfriend, John Gibbons had broken the lock to their shed and was taking his property. At that time, Peddle suddenly stopped answering Deputy’s questions.

Gibbons told deputies that while he was removing items from the shed, Peddle went inside the residence and retrieved a handgun. She then returned, pointed the gun at his head and stated “You’re not f***ing taking s**t from here.” In fear for his life, officials say Gibbons grabbed the gun from Peddle’s hand and threw her to the ground. He then ran to a neighbor’s residence and waited for deputies to arrive on the scene.

A witness confirmed Gibbons’ account of what happened and said he witnessed Peddle point the gun at the victim and say “Get the f**k off the property.”

Peddle was taken into custody and charged with Aggravated Assault with a Firearm. It was also determined that the handgun used in the assault, a black 380 Keltec, was stolen out of Pasco County. Peddle was also charged with being in Grand Theft of a Firearm and Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon.

Peddle is currently behind bars at the Hernando County Jail, held on a $12,000 bond.

According to jail records, Peddle was arrested in 2014 for Aggravated Battery on a Pregnant Woman and Possession of Drugs earlier that year.

peddle

Comments
  • Well…this is Danielle…and there are 3 sides to every story his side my side and the truth I know for one he had beaten my add destroyed all MY stuff in the shed he was a homeless man who had stayed in my shed a few nights I fed him clothed him let him shower and gave him cash on a daily basis because he was doing work that was not asked of him in the first place.. I did NOT have a gun that me let me state that on a record. After he knocked me to the ground by punching me repeatedly in the face… I realized he had a gun knocked it out of his hand he grabbed it back then ran like a bitch boy that is… Now as far as this so called “witness” she is a drug addict who was trying to sleep with john and he wouldn’t show her the time of of day so she b thought this was a way to get on his good side… When I was incarcerated everything was taken from me my dignity my career and all my belongings as well I’m thirty all alone in Florida and was only trying to help a homeless man out and this is what I get… Luckily for me my noise that was cleaned out had surveillance cameras though our in the devices that was stolen laptop tablet phone all had the actual camera on it so when they left it was still being recorded thank you Alfred karma is so good sometimes

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 7:39 am
    • She’s a crazy bitch harrases woman over men she uses drugs makes fake fb about people uses makeup and claims she was beat by men and is always pregnant with someone’s kid so she claims she’s trash and never worked here only sold drugs and had sex for more drugs she is pathetic

Thursday, 12 January 2017, 2:54 am
  • You never expected this? What did you think she was doing? What are you trying to say, one_eye? That some thing, or, God forbid, some one, is being peddled? I really hope this young lady turns her life around but with a rap sheet that long, she’s going to need an intervention from someone who cares and a whole different set of “friends.”

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 11:50 pm
  • There is so much in and out traffic at her place , at all hours of the day and night, I thought she was sell’n Mary Kay or maybe tupperware. I never expected this.

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 9:44 pm
  • 30 IS the new 50!

Wednesday, 18 May 2016, 2:56 pm
  • I do of understand, if it is your policy, why have you allowed all this time until now to censor every word that is only offensive to a few? Keeping it clean, Tom, I thought RNRF was a place to go so we can know what is going on within our communities. If someone expresses their opinions they should be allowed to without censorship, this is America. We can’t say anything that you will deem offensive, therefore not allowing many to express their feelings. I have seen many people who were angry over certain incidences that you have covered in the past and they expressed their feelings freely about them without being judged. Now we must all express our feelings like we are in church. I have always looked forward to reading your articles and the many comments people write, whether they be offensive or not, some comments are even humorous but nevertheless it is the voice of the people.

Tuesday, 17 May 2016, 11:17 pm
  • Why is it blocked out? Now RNRF is going to become politically correct? Cmon. People voice their opinions on here and speak their minds. Very rarely does anyone ever use the F__ word or other words of such. But certain words like ***, *****, or the like should not be blocked out. Just because there are some phony holy rollers who have nothing to do but make an ordeal about some specific words said here complain that it offends them, well, those people offend me and I am sure they offend others who just want to tell it like it is. If this is your idea of censorship it is wrong. This is not national media, this is the internet and it should be free speech with certain limits and guidelines however I believe you have gone a bit overboard with your censorship guidelines. This is just my opinion. Thank you for a great web site, but please allow our freedom of speech

Tuesday, 17 May 2016, 6:54 pm
  • Tom, *** is not a profane word. Why it blocked out?

Tuesday, 17 May 2016, 6:41 pm
  • and de be white folks acting like that

Tuesday, 17 May 2016, 5:10 am
  • Well, I guess they Peddled her *** to jail, lol.

Tuesday, 17 May 2016, 12:46 am
  • white people—-smh

Monday, 16 May 2016, 11:12 pm
  • Good God… only 30? she looks like 50 something in the pic…

Monday, 16 May 2016, 7:16 pm
  • Jerry Jerry Jerry… ok sorry I couldnt resist.. wow. you cant make this stuff up if you tried.

Monday, 16 May 2016, 7:14 pm
  • Another ***** that lost her mind probably from meth

Monday, 16 May 2016, 6:45 pm
  • I §ay they all full of it.. especially the gun weildind broad…as for him get gone while you can because that woman is “Scorn”!!!… lololol laughing all the way to the bank…

Monday, 16 May 2016, 6:25 pm
  • Dah. Dumb***ho!

Monday, 16 May 2016, 5:35 pm
  • It”s a conspiracy I tell ya! he he

Monday, 16 May 2016, 5:23 pm
  • Who was the Witness??It says he ran to a Neighbors and waited for Police??Didn’t say neigbor was the witness….

Monday, 16 May 2016, 4:21 pm
  • I am sure that she said more than one thing to him during the altercation. The witness probably only heard her say get the **** off the property. You are not to believe she only said one thing to him. Smh come on now be smart dont make something out of nothing.

Monday, 16 May 2016, 4:16 pm
  • Ask the neighbor?

Monday, 16 May 2016, 3:47 pm
  • Ok so why is the victims statemet different from the neighbors statement

Monday, 16 May 2016, 3:01 pm
    • Because Peddle was probably yelling a whole bunch of sh*t at him, and the neighbor heard only parts it?? Smfh – in that situation I’m sure she was yelling a lot, does it really make a difference that the neighbor didn’t hear everything she said verbatim? Seriously, what the hell has happened to common sense????

Monday, 16 May 2016, 7:44 pm