Woman Charged with Animal Cruelty After Multiple Dogs Found Dead in Vacant Home

WEEKI WACHEE – Last Wednesday, RNRF broke the news of an investigation into the death of three dogs, found inside a vacant residence on Robina Road.

Neighbors we spoke to were outraged and blamed the homeowner for leaving the dogs inside the residence without food or water to die a long and agonizing death.

Despite vehemently denying the claims, 35-year-old Lauren Wendy Kopp of 11380 Paoli Court was arrested last night and charged with 4-counts of Animal Cruelty.

Kopp was booked into the Hernando County Jail and posted an $8,000 bond just four hours later.

There are no further details on the case at this time.

ORIGINAL REPORT:

WARNING: Contains Disturbing Images

WEEKI WACHEE – The sheriff’s Office is investigating the death of three dogs, after neighbors say the homeowner left them unattended inside a residence on Robina Road for several months.

Christopher Kirby contacted RNRF on Tuesday, after he called the Sheriff’s Office to report seeing one of the dead dogs lying inside the residence. Deputies did not make entry into the home yesterday, but they returned today, and with the owner’s permission they entered and located three dead “Pit Bull” type dogs.

Even with the doors and windows closed on the residence, the odor of decomposition could be smelled from the surrounding streets. Kirby and other neighbors were concerned that human remains might be inside, because they say the homeowner allowed “a known-drug user” to live in the residence since last September.

I spoke to Kirby outside the residence today, where he said, “The lady that owns this home had up to six dogs and I know that for a fact because we’ve brought them back to her when they got loose.” He explained, “We haven’t seen anyone in this home since Hurricane week. When a big van pulled up, we thought she was there to pick the animals up. She didn’t. She left the animals here to starve to death and die.”

Pat Pierce lives next door to the home and she says, “We knocked on the door in September and didn’t hear dogs barking.” Peirce broke down in tears when she said, “My son who’s twelve said to me. . . My son said, ‘mom I think I hear dogs barking,’ I said, she doesn’t live here anymore son.” Pierce became growingly upset when she thought about having to tell her son the truth about the dog’s fate.

During my interview with neighbors, two Sheriff’s Deputies arrived on scene, as did the homeowner. When Pierce saw the woman approaching, she confronted her and screamed, “They were here! (the dogs) You’re a liar. You killed your dogs!” Deputies separated Pierce and the homeowner to prevent the conflict from escalating.

A “spokesperson” for the homeowner, who wished to remain anonymous, tells RNRF that the dogs were not “his client’s.” He also suggested that squatters may have lived in the home and the dogs could have belonged to anyone.

Someone posted signs on the garage door of the home that stated, “3 Dead” and “Dog Killer.”

A spokesperson for the Sheriff’s Office declined to comment at this time.

Comments
  • UNBELIEVABLE,,,,,Iguess it was her “personal choice” to let those dogs die. Unborn babies are warm blooded too. That was a stupid post!!!!

Monday, 12 March 2018, 7:13 pm
  • It’s amazing there are no posts from parenthccares, country rose or not judging here!!!! LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE YOU COULD CALL IT, DISGUSTING, ETC. Guess they are too busy with bad grammar and their child abusing relatives – trying to get them a second chance. I WILL STILL BELIEVE IN LIFE FOR ALL WARM BLOODED CREATURES REGARDLESS OF WHAT I’M CALLED. AND I WILL NOT GIVE ANY ABUSER A SECOND CHANCE TO DESTROY MORE LIVES – PHYSICALLY, EMOTIONALLY OR MENTALLY. AS FOR ABORTION THAT IS A PERSONAL CHOICE AND IF YOU DON’T WANT IT THEN GO CHANGE THE LAWS!!!!!!! This person (notice not an “IT”) needs to pay for destruction of life in horrible manner. DO YOU THINK SHE MIGHT HAVE HAD AN ABORTION IN THE PAST???? MAYBE LIFE OF ANY KIND IS UNIMPORTANT TO HER.

Monday, 12 March 2018, 12:26 pm
    • Huh !!!!!????!!!!!!!! Forget your meds made no sense…..Could you try again please. 🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Monday, 12 March 2018, 2:37 pm
    • UNBELIEVABLE, Let’s see where do I start. I have read ALL your posts for awhile now, THEN A LIGHT WENT OFF IN MY HEAD! Way back your handle came up ELS+Unbievable. Then for awhile was just ELS. When Tom started asking for donations to receive his newsletter, ELS posted his story of his bad health and had no money to pay. I called Tom and asked him if I could pay for ELS AND MYSELF. I posted it so that ELS could get the newsletter if he provided Tom with e mail address. DONE DEAL. I don’t know if you are both the same person or not, or if partners, doesn’t matter. But in reading your snotty posts to parent, country rose and others. I wish I had never been kind 2 u. So ENJOY YOUR NEWSLETTER FOR A YR, but unless some other poor caring sucker pays for you next year, too bad. Yeah u will be able to get on here and post your hateful, judgemental comments, but not the great newsletter. You have some serious problems. Soo post away, most of us are done with your hateful soul. Have a nice life, feel sorry for ELS if you are his partner, make sure you don’t light up whatever you smoke when being near him. In case you forgot on oxygen you know. Wow what a real piece of work you are.I sign my name. Below

Monday, 12 March 2018, 2:37 pm
    • ELS, If you are not the person connected to Unbelievable I apologize to you. You always pray for people and are kind. People make up names all the time, so I could be very wrong. I in no way meant anything unkind to YOU.. If you are connected I sincerely am sorry for you and will pray for your health and happiness, Be well. Keep being you, good luck. I let my anger get me over this person and I am a better person than that.

Monday, 12 March 2018, 4:10 pm
    • Lol Mike Vick got a second. Chance STFU

Tuesday, 13 March 2018, 1:08 am
      • Just got back from bar i see Rick.. And no he didn’t lay off the juice..

Tuesday, 13 March 2018, 1:27 pm
    • To Unbelievable – Actually, I only referred to you as “IT” due to your comments about Surfadude and him being aborted. Your vacuous responses are revolting!!!! What’s so hilarious is your statement about our bad grammer…let’s not point out YOUR total lack of correct grammar usage in ANY of your posts!!!! Also, if you go back and re-read my post concerning “child molesters” please note how I was pointing out how YOU would probably want them to have a second chance. Then since you OBVIOUSLY could not convey an intelligent response you resorted to spewing comments about how I must have an abusive relative who needed a “second chance.” Pathetic, truly pathetic!!! Lastly, if you are so against ABUSERS then why are YOU so emotionally abusive to commenters on here who disagree with YOU????? Oh and by the way, do you not care about cold blooded creatures??? Some of US care about ALL life not being abused!!!!!

Wednesday, 14 March 2018, 2:08 am
  • Karma’s a bitch, Lauren.

Monday, 12 March 2018, 10:39 am
    • STFU

Tuesday, 13 March 2018, 1:12 am
  • WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

Monday, 12 March 2018, 6:52 am
  • She works at the Horse and Crown, wont go there after a few people people told me they got drugged there,

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 10:32 pm
    • That’s the only reason i go.

Monday, 12 March 2018, 10:25 pm
  • KARMA

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 10:23 pm
  • Nice plug for Crystal Harley Davidson !!!!!! What a descrase !!!!!!! Poor dogs !!!!! Rest in hell bitch !!!!!

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 10:23 pm
    • HI STACY

Monday, 12 March 2018, 6:49 am
    • Stacey, you clearly must be from Brooksville. Clearly just another piece of White Trash that can’t spell.

Saturday, 31 March 2018, 1:01 pm
  • So sad for those poor dogs !!!!!! The owner should be left in the same conditions as the dogs were, there’s NO REASON to leave those helpless dogs in that condition !!!See how she’d like being copped up with no food , water ,air etc….. I feel for the animals not for her,she should have turn them over to animal care instead of making those sweet babies suffer !!!! Lock her up and throw away the KEYES !!!!!!!!!

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 10:19 pm
  • I heard it the other day and I’m sure I’ll hear it again yeah but the doggies they can’t speak for themselves ………Do the babies get to speak for themselves hell freaking NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 6:13 pm
  • Victor and Laurie Pike, your word details sums it up there’s a lot of details in the story that none of us know about now if she put them in there knowing it and she left them there knowing it and that comes out Shame Shame Shame on her and hope to God it does come out should she be charged yes but he’ll look at this think about this the story if it is true has gone International this woman will have to hide for her life her life will possibly be ruined from here forward and if she did this knowingly maybe so maybe it should be but again you people are calling for her death???? Let’s hear some of your thoughts on rounding up the pedos and the abortion doctors let’s hear some of the thoughts folks I’m waiting

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 6:07 pm
    • Your comments are like menopausal women. Periods don’t exist.

Monday, 12 March 2018, 10:33 pm
  • Tubbs , you summed up exactly what I said days ago fact is animals have more rights and we do today and that folks is a scary thought, don’t anyone dare tell me I’m an animal hater either one of the toughest days of my life was putting my chocolate lab to sleep at 15 16 years of age best dog I ever owned in my life will never forget her ripped my heart out of my chest so I love animals, but you people calling for This Woman’s death electrocution hanging Etc you got your s*** twisted oh by the way two wrongs make a right don’t go there don’t even go there you got your s*** twisted your asses are backwards your priorities are as well,

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 6:01 pm
  • Tubbs spot on!!!!! See Tubbs you get it you just get it, good perspective brother, do I support this no is this horrible yes but here’s one thing folks none of us know the true real facts here is there not a chance that perhaps she was under the impression her ex-boyfriend was taking care of the dogs I think someone started their comment with what we have here is miscommunication what if that was really the case truly only this woman and God himself only know what really happened here if she did this shame on her but come on people come on listen to what the freak you’re saying you want to kill fry or hanging a human being over three dogs if we’re going to do that folks let’s round up every true child molesting child raping pedophile in Hernando County today and also anyone that is performed an abortion and let’s hang them to or fry them, this goes back to the point I made the other day about how backwards we are about our priorities and our morals are laws everything else, I was partially crucified on this site for comparing this to the aborting of babies and how I’ve never seen more chaos and anger an uproar over three dead dogs in my life I was simply making a point ( do people not have more value to us then animals do I would hope the answer is yes) again I know the damn story was not about abortion but if we’re going to go there and call for her death or hanging then let’s round up like I said let’s round up all the true pedos and the doctors that kill babies and let’s kill them too is everybody in agreement here if not let’s lay off this lady a little bit when we don’t know the actual real facts and truth of the whole matter, Tubbs once again, your point is well said and I get exactly where you’re going with it unfortunately others don’t they don’t get it

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 5:57 pm
  • Really Victor-Laurie Pike????
    Please explain just what part is “definitely out of character” for her. The part where she vacated the house right before the hurricane? The part where she was seen carrying in a big bag of dog food in December? The part where she blamed the death of HER dogs on “renters”? The part where she then changed it to “squatters” because she could not produce a rental agreement? The part where getting a little “bone” from her new boyfriend (who happens to only live about a block away) was more important then bringing her DYING 4 DOGS a bone? The part where she LOVES animals?

Please…explain….give us details that somehow are being left out of this story….
    Or we will continue to think she is nothing more then a typical backyard hillbilly, yellow belly, cousin dating, butt picking, dog killing crack whore.

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 5:28 pm
    • All I’m saying is the person I know wouldn’t do this. If she is responsible, I’m very disappointed & shocked. It breaks my heart to think about what those dogs went thru. Whoever is guilty of it should DEFINITELY be prosecuted!

Wednesday, 14 March 2018, 12:37 pm
  • Damn Lauren WTF happened.. looks like the drugs really got a hold of you!! For the people who know them don’t sugar coat this horrific tragedy..there are animals that lost their lives due to neglect!! Someone has to PAY for this!!

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 5:00 pm
    • here-here

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 10:11 pm
  • Bitch, It’s too bad they can’t make you suffer the way those poor dogs did. Maybe you should be thrown to a pack of starving dogs. You’re a despicable human being.

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 4:16 pm
  • We know this girl.. This is definitely out of character for her!! She is one of the sweetest, generous person we know! She would NEVER do something like this! She loves animals! & for people to judge her before knowing all the details of this situation, shame on all of you! So don’t pass judgement on someone or something you don’t have all info on!!!! We love you Lauren! We are here for you! We know you wouldn’t do this!

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 2:22 pm
    • Hey Pike family…people change, not always for the better. I’ll pray every night that she dies for abandoning those dogs and leaving them in a hot house to die from THIRST AND STARVATION. She’ll get what’s coming…I just love Karma.

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 4:28 pm
      • Yes I agree I also know this person for almost 20 years, Dead beat,whore,junkie,p.o.s….i could tell you stories for weeks that would make your blood boil.thers a special place in hell for you #@$&. I hope one of your drug dealers gives you a bad batch and you get septic in your blood and die slow…I don’t breed pit bulls anymore because of ppl like you and others that fight them.i rescue dog’s now and God be w you if I find you first.death to you Lauren.

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 11:27 pm
        • Thats a flat out death threat….

Tuesday, 13 March 2018, 1:30 pm
        • Omg, you must be total Brooksville trash for sure…and death threats on the internet are taken seriously, loser.

Friday, 30 March 2018, 2:29 am
    • You really don’t know her. Her dogs were found in the house she abandoned and she is also claiming homestead exemption while not living in this house. She’s breaking the law by doing that. Get used to it, she’s been charged. Look her full name up and you’d be shocked at just how far and wide this story has gone. Internationally.
      Fry this evil person who killed her dogs on purpose.

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 4:38 pm
      • Amen! vile lady she deserves everything coming to her, she made sure she was fed!!! Cannot stand people who abuse animals, such a cruel world we live. karma needs to come for this trash bag.

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 7:46 pm
    • Then you don’t know her as well as you believe you do. She is a blatant liar who does whatever she wants to whomever, then makes up complete BS so people dont believe the truth, even though it’s right in front of them. Killing dogs may be a first, but this behavior (selfishness, lack of a conscience, denial) are textbook Lauren.

Saturday, 24 March 2018, 11:49 am
      • You clearly have no idea who you are talking about and clearly have nothing better to do than to post annonimously on this RATCHET ASS SITE FOR WHITE TRASH.

Friday, 30 March 2018, 2:23 am
        • Charla, you can say I clearly have no idea, except my comments are EXACTLY WHAT she did. Lied, fabricated ridiculous stories, was unbelievably selfish and in denial, shall I continue? The only argument you could possibly have is whether this is the first time she has behaved in such a fashion. I assure you it is not.

Monday, 2 April 2018, 2:20 pm
          • You know, it’s interesting that people like you feel the need to dismantle someone’s character on the internet on some rachet ass “fake news” site that deals with sensationalized articles that DONT provide truth. And trust me, if you want to draw straws on who knows Lauren’s character… honey, you’ve got NOTHING on me. So please, sit down and don’t pretend you are an authority figure on this subject.

Sunday, 8 April 2018, 8:15 pm
  • Time has not been kind to you Lauren. It’s funny she was one of the popular girls in school. The kind that got away with everything . Well looks like time and karma caught up.

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 2:15 pm
    • She’s a bar hopping, bed hopping, motorcycle man chaser who is known to have a good time with drugs and alcohol. I used to like Lawless Intent until I saw that she was dating the drummer. Not my kind of peeps.

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 4:42 pm
      • Not sure why you would bring Lawless Intent into the conversation. I know for a fact none of them would ever condone this action. This is like me saying I don’t like your kids because you are their mother.. You are a moron, and you made a stupid comment.

Monday, 12 March 2018, 9:33 am
  • It’s said that beauty is only skin-deep. But I think someone turned her ugly ass inside-out! Handcuff her to a pole uptown at the corner of 50 and 41, maybe a semi-truck will run her over.

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 1:53 pm
    • here here

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 10:09 pm
    • Beauty is only skin deep but ugly is to the bone…

Monday, 12 March 2018, 2:54 pm
  • Nice,
    They bond her at 8K. Now if those dogs killed another dog or even a human, the charge, not the bond would be at 100 bucks… whats wrong with this picture? the dogs get more rights than someone being attacked by the dog…Not saying anything about the lady being charged, she should be charged.. but a dog attacking some one else should be a $8,000 dollar charge to the owner of the dog as well!!!

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 1:37 pm
    • You are such an ass Tubbs…keep your crappy comments to yourself. Bitch should have been held on a million dollar bond! 😡

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 4:19 pm
    • Im with you Tubbs spot on…….

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 4:36 pm
    • Tubbs, excellent post and you are sooo right!!

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 6:24 pm
  • She can post bond but can’t feed her dogs. Pitiful POS.

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 1:15 pm
  • Welp this is what happens when you try to lie to the police. Her former boyfriend said these dogs were owned by her and him and he left them with her when they broke up.
    Kopp’s ex-boyfriend, Michael Oliveira, 46, said a detective visited him Friday and showed him photographs of dog remains found at the house.
    The couple lived at the home for several years, Oliveira said. He left dogs with Kopp after the breakup, he said.
    There were no squatters in the house. Not one neighbor saw anyone there after Hurricane Irma.
    She needs charged with fraud too since she claims homestead exemption for taxes and does not reside in this home.
    A cruel, lying witch is what we have here and she needs to rot under the jail for what she’s done to these animals.

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 12:17 pm
  • DIE, MF’ER.

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 11:11 am
  • This enrages me! Lock her up!!!!

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 11:06 am
  • What we have here is a failure to communicate and that leaves only one alternative and that is maximum penalty of hard time w/ hard labor in the worst prison in the State of Florida. If I had my say this inhumane monster would be placed at the Starke Prison and ole “Sparky” would be warmed up w/ sparks flying. If there is a God, there will be huge crushing penalties for her selfish, inexcusable conduct. Every inmate in the prison should be told in advance of what she did… so they could welcome her to their home and make her feel the hell she will live in every single day. Unless we get so lucky that some unfortunate accident happens before she gets placed in Maximum Security.

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 10:58 am
    • Ol’ Sparky would be nice, without that wet sponge, but if we can’t do that I say lock her up and let HER starve.

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 4:22 pm
  • I hope someone let’s your ugly ass rot
    See u in hell

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 10:52 am
  • Rot in he’ll bitch

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 10:51 am
  • Hang this bitch

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 10:50 am
    • Bethy, that would be too good for her … put her in a closed up, vacant house with no AC, no water and no food and let’s see how long she holds out. That way she will get to feel the way those poor dogs did as their lives slowly slipped away and see the Devil waiting for her every minute as her life slowly slips away showing her what she will endure AFTER she dies!! Disgusting is even too good a word to describe her actions!

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 12:08 pm