Woman Charged with Child Neglect, DUI, Drugs, After Car Crash with Daughter

SPRING HILL – A woman faces charges of DUI and Child Neglect, after officials say she was under the influence of drugs and alcohol with her young daughter inside the vehicle.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, 25-year-old Samantha Molly Johns of Spring Hill, was traveling northbound on Landover Blvd, near Higate Road, when she veered off the road and struck several concrete driveways.

Hernando County Sheriff’s Deputy S. Liebler pulled behind the vehicle moments after the crash and witnessed Johns get out of the damaged Chevy Cruz and sit down in a driveway with a little girl.

During the investigations, Trooper D. Lavalle noticed Johns had bloodshot, watery eyes, slurred speech, and was swaying back and forth. Johns admitted to taking Zoloft (Antidepressant) and Varamipalla (Blood Pressure Medication) prior to getting behind the wheel, but Trooper Lavelle also detected a strong odor of alcohol.

Johns failed a series of sobriety tests conducted at the scene and was taken into custody.

Johns’ daughter was turned over to her mother, the child’s grandmother, and Johns was transported to the Hernando County Jail.

A search of Johns car revealed a pink grinder containing marijuana and a pipe with marijuana residue.

Trooper Lavalle says Johns was extremely violent and irrational while en route to the jail and initially refused to submit to a breathalyzer upon arrival, but later agreed.

Around 7:30 p.m. Johns submitted a breath sample which registered nearly three times the legal limit, at .209.

Johns is charged with DUI, DUI Property Damage, Child Neglect (without great bodily harm), possession of Marijuana, and drug paraphernalia.

Johns is currently free on a $3,000 bond.

RUT 2 RUT 3 RUT 4

RUT 1Scum Bag

Comments
  • People make mistakes!!!! Nd maybe shell learn from them!!!! I hope the baby girl is okay!! can’t hold grudges Bc ppl are growing up nd learning from mistakes.. i dont agree with wat happend but just saying!

Wednesday, 29 June 2016, 1:02 am
  • hang her by her ears.

Monday, 27 June 2016, 4:29 pm
  • Neighbor, feel better about yourself? Your point was what….

Sunday, 26 June 2016, 10:03 pm
  • Daisy Duke, why would you name a girl who has nothing to do with this?

Sunday, 26 June 2016, 9:12 pm
  • Boy, I thought at first this was about Susan Suozzo of Brookville! Sounds like something she would do! She drinks constantly and goes out and leaves her daughter home alone! No parental supervision whatsoever! Scumbag of a mother she is!

Sunday, 26 June 2016, 3:44 am
  • What is striking several driveways ??? Unless that’s veering off the street ? Sometimes you wonder what middle schooler is writing the police reports these days , hopefully this young Mom gets the help she needs and gets her life in order !!!!!!

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 5:07 pm
  • Madea’s sister… The grandmother was found guilty this happened about 9 yrs ago before Samantha had kids and did her classes rehab etc… And yes she kept her job…and READER HOOKED ON PHONICS IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY TO YOU! Or continue your education!!!!

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 10:33 am
    • Thanks for talking about me behind the computer come talk to me to my face!

Monday, 27 June 2016, 1:50 pm
  • She is going to ruin that body if she doesn’t shape up. I bet if she cleaned up her act she would be a stunner. Maybe this will be a wake up call for her to take care of her children.

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 2:06 am
  • Neighbor….if her mother is the same way, and currently facing a DUI, the suspension from work won’t last long. In the USPS, once found guilty….you are terminated. Sounds like a winner of a family. Smh…

Saturday, 25 June 2016, 1:41 am
    • guess what I am not facing anything , mind your own business

Monday, 27 June 2016, 1:48 pm
  • This wasn’t her first arrest and I’m sure it won’t be her last. She always drives drunk with her daughter in the car. She lost custody of both her kids and it’s too bad that nobody enforces anything. I feel sorry for her daughters. She can’t hold down a job and blames her problems on everyone else. I just wish DFS would do something.

Friday, 24 June 2016, 10:07 pm
  • This is what I pray
    Dear heavenly father, I know samantha and I know just keep she is a good person. Everyone including myself have dealt with demons seen or not. I pray that this is samantha’s wake up call. I pray that she uses every opportunity provided her to make better decisions. I pray that this is the last straw for her and she realizes the joy of morherhood. This is what I pray amen

Friday, 24 June 2016, 10:04 pm
  • tubbs ever consider she wasnt under arrest and they were waiting for the highway patrol to arrive to adminster the field sobriety tests. Stop watching so much tv.

Friday, 24 June 2016, 9:22 pm
  • had today off was running errands all day. probably cut off a dozen plus times and had people swerving into my lane or going under 20mph on us19 and sr50. this is a pure example of reality. the thousands of impaired drivers in this county alone is terrible. Not getting into a crash with one of them is easier said than done. shame we dont have more resources to put more traffic units on the road or harsher penalties for those that abuse law.

Friday, 24 June 2016, 7:53 pm
  • Neighbor, find something honorablw to spwak about.

Friday, 24 June 2016, 7:48 pm
  • The apple don’t fall far from the tree!!! The grandmother is an alcoholic too!!! She’s a mail lady and was on suspension due to a dui!! Samantha lost both her kids , yes I said both! And the younger one calls the dads girlfriend mommy! Hmmmm…. And that’s not Zoloft she takes or just alcohol!!!! JUST SAYING!

Friday, 24 June 2016, 6:09 pm
    • U POS dont know what the hell u are taking about *** hole! And why are u hiding come take **** to me to my face!

Monday, 27 June 2016, 1:44 pm
  • SMDH I won’t even have one beer and drive my kids,shame on you Sam you coulda killed your daughter.

Friday, 24 June 2016, 5:49 pm
  • Wow really! Wth is wrong with these people anymore. I pray that the daughter is ok and safe!

Friday, 24 June 2016, 5:44 pm
  • God Bless our BABIES!!!! Look at the crap that the babies go thru!! All the addict parents think about is getting “HIGH” ! My heart breaks for the “Babies” ! WHAT HAPPENS TO THEM? They (the babies) get to go with DCF and a family they dont even know!!! THEY MAYBE LUCKY AND GET TO GO WITH THE FAMILY!!! Shame on YOU…. MOM ! Where is DAD? All you are thinking about is turning on the cop with your bikini? Thank God it wasn’t Mr. Jack Off from the “City of Brooksville” Does anybody give a crap about the babies?!!!!! BESIDES THE GRANDPARENTS!!!!!!

Friday, 24 June 2016, 5:19 pm
  • $3000 Really !!!!!!!!!! Should be much higher. And isn’t she the classy pos standing in that bathing suit and playing on her cell… Throw her in jail and keep her awhile.. May not be her 1st go around .. Poor kids being born into these situations.. Hope the grandmother is a few steps up but doubt it…….

Friday, 24 June 2016, 5:02 pm
  • looks like pure trash-no matter what she’s got on. filthy mess.

Friday, 24 June 2016, 4:22 pm
  • It’s scary to even drive on these ROADS anymore

Friday, 24 June 2016, 3:58 pm
  • Endangering her child and anyone else on the road, and only $3000 bail! What a travesty. Judicial system needs an overhauling!!!!

Friday, 24 June 2016, 3:50 pm
  • Verapamil **

Friday, 24 June 2016, 3:08 pm
    • One is for depression another is for cardiac / BP issues but any drug is bad when mixed with alcohol. She will never be accused of intelligence or being the
      mother of the year.

Friday, 24 June 2016, 6:59 pm
    • Thank you-From a pharmacy tech!

Monday, 27 June 2016, 7:20 am
  • And this is what we have to share our roads with, It’s no wonder why there are so many auto crashes here.

Friday, 24 June 2016, 2:49 pm
  • I don’t like the fact, she is sitting there working on her cell phone with NO HANDCUFFS ON!
    POOR police work guys!!
    Check her facebook out… she’s a real winner… and I bet she votes for Clinton!

Friday, 24 June 2016, 2:32 pm
  • How exactly does one strike a driveway? On a more serious note thank goodness she didn’t physically hurt anyone. Although I would say she has and will cause emotional pain to her child. She is reckless and she endangered her daughter’s life. Probably not the first time either.

Friday, 24 June 2016, 1:59 pm
    • Driveways are often several inches above the ground level. If one is driving over them from the side, you can definitely “strike” them, and completely tear up your car underneath in the process.

Monday, 27 June 2016, 7:20 am
  • LOOKS LIKE A PIECE OF CRAP

Friday, 24 June 2016, 1:43 pm
  • Wait…no fat deputy comments yet?? Maybe Hernando County’s “out of shape” deputies should have let this women continue to drive and run all of your ungrateful ***** over!

Friday, 24 June 2016, 1:37 pm
    • Either you forgot to take your medication or the fact there is a state trooper pictured and in shape sets you off.

Friday, 24 June 2016, 3:57 pm
      • There are clearly 3 in shape deputies you idiot

Wednesday, 29 June 2016, 8:36 am
  • a real POS, OK courts do your job one to two years hard time, no flimsy bond

Friday, 24 June 2016, 1:33 pm
  • Only $3000.00 bail? Are you kidding me? She could have killed someone. The courts need to have standards that fit the crimes. Should be mandatory jail time, from time of arrest, of at least 48 hours. Plus a bond of at least $100,000 per count. Maybe that would stop these idiots from doing what they do on our streets.

Friday, 24 June 2016, 1:17 pm