Woman Charged with Homicide – Possible Connection to Missing Boater

SPRING HILL – Details are limited at this time, but there are unconfirmed reports that an arrest may have been made in connection with the boating accident that claimed the life of 31-year-old Alfredo Valentin, on May 24th of this year. CLICK HERE TO VIEW ORIGINAL REPORT

According to Hernando County Jail Records, 28-year-old Mallory Elain Gann is charged with Negligent Homicide Vessel (2nd Degree) and is free on a $30,000 bond.

The images below were shot the day of the incident; showing Gann being escorted from a Sheriff’s Office Marine vessel just minutes after Valentin’s disappearance.

Valentin’s body was never recovered.

RNRF will bring more on this story as it develops.

UPDATE: 7/24/2015, 12:09 P.M. – According to Gary Morse, a spokesperson with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, the case involving Mallory Gann is associated with an incident that occurred in the Gulf of Mexico on Memorial Day weekend.

Morse says the case is now in the hands of the State Attorney’s Office.

Boating Incident 1 Boating Incident 2 Gann

Comments
  • I knew him very well I knew his family his mother I met his kids I used to be his girlfriend he’s such a great person I still even write his Facebook to this day n someone reads it I don’t know who bit someone does. If he really is dead I wish someone would just come n bring closure to his family mostly his mother n his daughters n son. I miss him so much I even prey the good lord will send a sign for josh. My heart aches with so much pain inside because a week before he went missing. I had an argument with him I told him I’m tired of his lies I never wanna see him agian n just like that I hung up no I love u no goodbye n a week layer Isee him on the news its painful to live n know Ispoke to him the way I did. Please let justice be served for this man for gods sake. Amen I love u josh forever

Sunday, 24 April 2016, 3:00 am
  • Nunya You are really starting to sound worried , that they are gonna close in on the case. Why are in everyones comment tho?

Friday, 31 July 2015, 12:21 pm
  • I really don’t see how so many adults on that Boat and they didn’t see the guy fall and all they hear was a thump give me a break, it all sounds like bullshit to me they are hiding this guys death. She’s gonna crumble and tell and they will all go down . Its apparent that the investigators smell a rat, That is why she has been arrested for it sometime later cuz the story just doesn’t sound right. something Happened to that Poor guy and they know the truth. I feel bad for his family, but if they believe it was an accident something is wrong with them.

Tuesday, 28 July 2015, 9:04 pm
    • Justice,
      Please answer my previous question from your comment
      from above on the 27th!!
      “How do you KNOW it was NO accident?? (just curious)”

Perhaps you don’t have an answer, you are just
      blowing smoke up your a** & trying to blow it up our
      a**es as well?!?!!

Wednesday, 29 July 2015, 4:29 am
      • Because there is no da*n way it was a accident. He is family, he is about 6’4 the water they claimed he fell in is between 6-8 feet deep he was a great swimmer (a fish in water). Family has not accepted it as a accident since day one because nothing ads up and stories make absolutely no sense. But being advised by officials there are certain steps that have to be taken. He did not fake his death he has three beautiful kids that he takes care of and is current and active in their lives, so NO he is not running from child support. Smh the things people say just to get noticed. The truth will come to light justice will get served and questions will be answered!!!!

Thursday, 27 August 2015, 10:51 am
  • I knew from the very beginning that they had something to do with it as it was no accident

Sunday, 26 July 2015, 5:24 pm
    • Justice,
      How do you know it was NO accident?? (just curious)

Monday, 27 July 2015, 12:17 am
    • Guilty…She’ll eventually confess and make a plea deal for 6 to 10 years in prison. Get out in 5 for good behavior with a bad butch haircut, new tattoos and 40 pounds heavier.

Tuesday, 28 July 2015, 3:48 pm
  • There was no 2nd boat…and she was driving the pontoon, or so that’s what they told authorities.

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 3:41 pm
    • Ling,
      According to the original story, there was a 2nd boat!

“according to our sources, around 2:00 p.m. a man fell off a boat while it was in motion and was struck by a second vessel following close behind.”

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 11:26 pm
  • TOM LEMONS – Was this woman on the boat the man
    fell FROM or the 2nd boat that followed the boat the
    man fell from???

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 1:56 am
  • That’s Stubbs M.O. Negative Thinking.

Friday, 24 July 2015, 10:20 pm
  • Really Tubbs? Try saying something that relates to the story, just don’t spew hate over the way someone looks!

Friday, 24 July 2015, 8:07 pm
  • WoW !

I had no idea manatees could walk!
    Or is that just another over weight woman?

Friday, 24 July 2015, 6:22 pm
  • I know someone that works at the marina that was searching for the body and they said the whole situation was very suspicious and they had a very bad feeling about the situation….

Friday, 24 July 2015, 6:02 pm
  • Been boating down that channel many times. “I SMELL A RAT” My opinion, He was never there” Just saying.

Friday, 24 July 2015, 3:01 pm
  • Think the guys still alive and faked the death to get out of back child support. No way they couldn’t found him in Hernando Beach Chanel, it so shallow and clear. Think they are pressuring her to give him up.

Friday, 24 July 2015, 10:39 am
  • I knew there would be more too. Very suspicious circumstances…

Friday, 24 July 2015, 9:59 am
  • I knew there was going to be more on this story. Thanks Tom

Friday, 24 July 2015, 7:16 am
  • Damn that crazy that was landlord of apartments On jason rd

Friday, 24 July 2015, 6:23 am