Woman Confirmed Dead After Colliding with Semi-Tractor Trailer

SPRING HILL – One person is confirmed dead, after an early morning crash involving an SUV and a semi-tractor trailer occurred on Commercial Way at the intersection of Toucan Trail.

Fire Rescue responded to the scene just before 2:00 am and discovered the mangled wreckage of a newer model Jeep Liberty in the southbound lanes. The only occupant in the vehicle, an unidentified female in her late 20’s died at the scene.

There was virtually no damage to the semi and the driver was not injured.

The Florida Highway Patrol has not released an official report into the cause of the crash, but witnesses say driver rear ended the truck while traveling at a high rate of speed.

Around 3:00 am, RNRF received information that the deceased was involved in an earlier hit and run accident, in the parking lot of a nearby bar.

Erika McKenzie, the owner of the white Chrysler Sebring (pictured below) says the driver of the Jeep Liberty was seen arguing with a man in the parking lot, just before the woman backed out of a parking spot and struck the front of McKenzie’s car. The fatal crash occurred minutes later about a mile south of the hit and run.

We will bring more this tragic story as it develops.

UPDATE: 7/6/2015, 8:57 A.M. – The Florida Highway Patrol has identified the driver as 29-year-old Christine Dimple Tiwari of Wellington, Florida.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. ™2013 Real News Real Fast, Inc.

Truck 3 truck 4 truck 5 truck 7

trcuk 6

Truck 1

Truck 2

Comments
  • Regardless, drunk or not , a life is gone n this young lady , comes from very good and decent parents and they are hurting, i can assure myself that each and everyone of you that are making negative comments have
    done something in the past that you are not proud of, some of us make better decisions than others, however that does justify her being under the influence, its fatal n tragic way to die, i drive to n from work everyday as wel as my kids , it can anyone of us , let be a little civil here. Ok

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 9:59 am
  • And why is everybody blaming the truck driver if shes the one that rear ended the truck!?

Saturday, 11 July 2015, 1:00 pm
  • To everybody that said she wasn’t drinking she was I seen her in Applebees she drank 4 glasses of wine and left and went to a bar across the street! She deffinently was drunk

Saturday, 11 July 2015, 12:59 pm
    • Kristina – please contact me about this. Brenda 813-223-5111

Wednesday, 13 September 2017, 4:05 pm
  • Sad! we miss her! We saw her at city place in June 2015, she did not look looked herself and was caught for DUI in MAY 2015! The crash pictures reflect her speed, her lifestyle may have led to a fatal mistake. Toxicology test will clear the air.

Saturday, 11 July 2015, 3:28 am
  • anybody want to reply

Thursday, 9 July 2015, 1:20 pm
  • hey angie christine is my cousin dont be saying her f******* name thats my cousin

Thursday, 9 July 2015, 1:14 pm
  • I have met her once…she dated my buddy….very sweet..kind…accidents happen and some worse than others… I pray for her family and pray for my buddy who was extremely close to her. Hold your head high….im here for you brother.

Thursday, 9 July 2015, 12:22 pm
  • Also the phone was went through and no text or phone calls were not sent near or around the time of this happening. The last text or call was around 11ish

Thursday, 9 July 2015, 12:09 pm
  • Please do not assume she was drunk. Which the stories say she was not. As a family member please do not make an assumption if you don’t have all the facts. Thank you

Thursday, 9 July 2015, 12:08 pm
  • Hey you F*****G IDIOTS! SHE WAS NOT UNDER ANY INFLUENCE. Read the article carefully before making your ignorant remarks. This is a serious loss we’re all grieving over

Thursday, 9 July 2015, 12:09 am
    • undisclosed that was my cousing thanks for help i hate that truck driver i miss my cousin we had fun together we went skydiving together it was fun now shes gone help her shes gone i miss her

Thursday, 9 July 2015, 1:09 pm
      • she wasent texting or speeding i was at the scene her phone was in her purse

Thursday, 9 July 2015, 1:17 pm
  • People should stop assuming, and just dont write for write purpose, get your facts together before throwing shit out there, liquor and drugs were not a factor,

Wednesday, 8 July 2015, 7:58 pm
  • How do you rear end a tractor trailer. That is well lit with clearance & marker lamps.That area of US 19 is isolated & dead @2am.Most likely was speeding and texting. I see it everyday put down the phones and pay attention.Very sad for both parties involved

Wednesday, 8 July 2015, 1:46 pm
  • There is nothing in this article that states she was drinking alcohol so for those who keep writing that need to read the article again. You are writing comments yet the facts are all messed up. Christine was an amazing person. May she rest in peace!!!

Wednesday, 8 July 2015, 11:55 am
  • Heidi Morales – from the family, it is our knowledge that she was not drinking! She may have been driving angry, but not drunk! Other news articles actually state that alcohol did not play a role in this accident! Everyone needs to stop assuming she was drinking and driving just because this article says she had a hit and run by a nearby bar!
    If this were someone from your own family, would you be okay reading the comments with false accusations and negativity??!

Wednesday, 8 July 2015, 10:21 am
  • Sending prayers to all involved!

Wednesday, 8 July 2015, 5:23 am
  • The fact that she was driving drunk and angry is a combination for disaster to say the least I’ve driven while angry about something and it was not nice something just takes over you and to add alcohol to the equation I can only imagine I feel for both involved the truck driver and this woman may she rest in peace now.

Wednesday, 8 July 2015, 5:08 am
  • Nothing in here says she was under the influence. Bare in mind the family of Christine reads these comments. We are hurting from this tragic loss.

Wednesday, 8 July 2015, 1:59 am
  • I have worked with her 4 years ago in NYC and she was a really nice person!!! Rest in peace Christine Tiwari…

Tuesday, 7 July 2015, 10:33 pm
  • So very sad… I feel for all family’s involved that are left to pick up the pieces. I really feel for the truck driver his career is going to be a mess and it wasn’t his fault… Another young life gone due to stupidity… Not only is drinking/drugging ruining things, but jumping in a car when your pissed off is a horrible thing as well… Prayers go out to all that is affected.

Tuesday, 7 July 2015, 9:16 pm
  • Good job as usual Tom. You sure gave more info than todays TBT article.
    So sad a life had to end from alcohol and carelss speed driving…… Sadly this seems to be the norm lately..
    Sorry for the family.

Tuesday, 7 July 2015, 3:55 pm
  • Why didnt you mention what bar it was?

Tuesday, 7 July 2015, 2:08 pm
  • I really hope that first picture does not have the deceased, top of her head in it…. It appears as it does, but I’m not positive…. Hope not

Monday, 6 July 2015, 10:09 pm
  • What’s up with the poo on the hood?

Monday, 6 July 2015, 8:56 pm
  • Wellington Florida…that’s that exclusive town in Palm Beach County…poor girl…prayers..

Monday, 6 July 2015, 6:06 pm
  • O.K….. What the hell is that thing that looks like a turd on the white car??

Monday, 6 July 2015, 6:05 pm
  • How very sad….she had just posted pics on th at 10:30 pm who knew that her life was coming to hault in a matter of a couple hours…stop and think for a minute …LIFE IS A GIFT TO BE TREASURED!! Prayers to the family and friends

Monday, 6 July 2015, 12:57 pm
    • what does TH stand for……..we are still trying to figure this out

Wednesday, 8 July 2015, 2:17 pm
  • I saw the story on bay news 9 which had the drivers name. Christine Tiwari. I can say though This story has more info Tom keep up the good work.

Monday, 6 July 2015, 12:37 pm
  • So Sad, , Life Is So Fragile, One Mistake And Your Gone Forever, What More Can I Say.

Monday, 6 July 2015, 11:58 am
  • Thank God she didn’t rear end anything but a large truck and kill someone.

Monday, 6 July 2015, 11:40 am
  • So so sad….. prayers for everyone…. Father God, I lift up these people…. amen

Monday, 6 July 2015, 8:53 am
  • very very sad

Monday, 6 July 2015, 8:52 am
  • So sad.. Prayers for the family. Any update on the drivers name of the jeep?

Monday, 6 July 2015, 7:35 am
    • that girl that was driving the jeep was my cousin christine tiwari i miss her very much i didnt know she got into a argument why did the truck drive turn onto toucan trail and made my cousin crash and die when i saw i started screaming at the truck driver

Thursday, 9 July 2015, 1:05 pm
  • Another drunk driver and I can guarantee that truck driver feels awful, even though it wasn’t his fault. So sad all around.

Monday, 6 July 2015, 7:31 am
    • Probably will also affect his driving career, My husband drove awhile he said no matter whose fault it is, the drive of the truck is screwed! Awful

Tuesday, 7 July 2015, 10:26 am
      • sara you know christine is my cousin right why did that guy say something to her thats why she probaly crashed

Thursday, 9 July 2015, 1:19 pm