Woman Inadvertently Admits to Crime Before Deputy Reveals Details

SPRING HILL – A routine domestic battery investigation led to one arrest Friday, after a woman inadvertently admitted to injuring her husband before deputies revealed the details of the crime.

According to reports, Sheriff’s Deputies responded to 2010 Corydon Ave in reference to a domestic battery. The victim told deputies that during a heated verbal argument with his wife, 54-year-old Victoria Jones, she scratched his arm and then left the residence.

Contact was made with Jones at the Wendy’s restaurant on Spring Hill Drive, where Jones explained that she and her husband had been arguing over her drinking; however, Jones claimed that she was not drinking that day. Despite her claims, deputies could smell a strong odor of alcohol emitting from her breath. Jones later admitted to having a few glasses of wine.

During the interview, Deputies asked Jones if the argument ever became physical; Jones stated “No” but then said “I didn’t scratch him… Is he saying I scratched him?”

Based in the evidence and inadvertent admission, Jones was taken into custody and charged with Domestic Battery.

Jones was released on a $25.00 bond and ordered to have no contact with her husband.

jones-1

Comments
  • Oh my

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 11:47 am
  • She got him the wrong kind of frosty at wendys that what started the fight so she went back to make things right maybe next time she will get it rght

Tuesday, 8 November 2016, 11:39 pm
  • Hope She Finished her meal cause the jail food sucks!!

Tuesday, 8 November 2016, 2:29 pm
  • 25.00 dollars for bond my first time for domestic was 850.00 how does that add up and if you think it does your more up than the law not fair

Monday, 7 November 2016, 8:38 pm
  • If Only my Wife & My Girlfriend Could Get Along! Life Would Be Great.

Monday, 7 November 2016, 8:33 pm
  • Idiots everywhere is right about not driving but having the keys in your pocket while sleeping in a parking lot got my Dui in 2005 pasco co.

Monday, 7 November 2016, 7:12 pm
  • Yes, let’s hear from the ” expert”

Monday, 7 November 2016, 3:43 pm
  • Article is misleading. How is this an admission if she said, “I didn’t scratch him”? Facts matter, people.

Now just waiting patiently for the RNRF domestic violence “expert” to politicize this or claim she must have been a “femi-Nazi.”

Monday, 7 November 2016, 2:26 pm
      • A deputy doesnt have to witness you driving. If you have physical control of the vehicle such as sitting in a parking lot with keys in reach, in the ignition or on the person you can still get a DUI.

Monday, 7 November 2016, 3:19 pm
          • I dont know if the laws have changed but it was operable possession. Don Barbee told us if you were listening to the radio in your own drive way and you had a few you can be charged…but thats where deputy discretion came into play.

Monday, 7 November 2016, 9:59 pm
      • Semantics…..she may have disclosed details of the assault, but she did not admit to them.

Tuesday, 8 November 2016, 8:24 am
        • I agree, just because she knew he had been scratched in no way implies that she confessed to or did the scratching. what a weak argument. he could have scratched himself in front of her and threatened to say she did it. but because she was drunk, and probably looked guilty, (I think she did it too just playing devils advocate here)

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 8:47 pm
  • WTH is the purpose of a $25 bond??? No sobriety test????

Monday, 7 November 2016, 1:47 pm
  • If she was a man, she would never got a $25 Bond true that !

Monday, 7 November 2016, 10:56 am
  • What kind of man throws his wife in jail over a scratch? It’s obvious she has problems with substance abuse if that’s what the fight was about and she was still drinking. I just feel as if you love someone and they have problems it’s a real coward thing to do to have your wife thrown in jail over a scratch. If she used a weapon or countinued to assault him that’s one thing but a scratch…… come on man. I’m sure the victim is reading these comments like most white trash do after having these issues. It’s time to man up buddy and take care of your family. Fix your messes on your own. Don’t waste tax payers dollars because of a scratch.

Monday, 7 November 2016, 10:54 am
    • Yes Jr you’re absolutely right. Addiction is something that very many people struggle with and this man maybe should have used better judgement. But we don’t know the situation or the history between these two people. Myabe she’s been super violent before when he’s decided not to call the police, or maybe he’s afraid she will do something to him while he’s sleeping and needed her to be put out. Its easy to say all this when you’re on the outside looking in. I had an issue with my wife where I legitimately accidentally struck her, and she’s been using it in court to make me look like a scumbag when she knows full well that it was an accident and that I never would put my hands on a woman in a violent manner. But it doesn’t matter what the truth is, all that matters is what you can get the judge to believe.

Monday, 7 November 2016, 1:09 pm
    • Let me guess, you want us to give her a hug? Keep her on track by making her report to the courts.

Monday, 7 November 2016, 6:24 pm
    • Yes lesson to be learned her lady’s if you get the wrong meal deal and frosty at wendys your man will send you back to get it right and tell the cops you scratched us and send you to jail or maybe next time just cook dinner a nice home cooked meal would be nice

Tuesday, 8 November 2016, 11:57 pm
  • Ok Hcso why not dui for driving while they could smell alcohol?

Monday, 7 November 2016, 10:41 am
    • Obviously, evidence and proof is needed for an arrest. I’m sure if the Deputy saw her driving, she would get a DUI.

Monday, 7 November 2016, 2:28 pm
  • Did she drive to Wendy ‘s drunk to endanger the rest of us out there , smh

Monday, 7 November 2016, 10:17 am
  • You can’t fix stupid.

Monday, 7 November 2016, 10:16 am
  • Why not dui how did she get to wendys?

Monday, 7 November 2016, 10:15 am
    • True that

Monday, 7 November 2016, 10:57 am
    • Maybe she walked. Or took a cab. Or uber. Why y’all wanna jam this lady up more than she’s already jammed herself up? Lol

Monday, 7 November 2016, 1:04 pm
    • I think a it’s because they didn’t catch her driving. I could be drunk as a skunk and as long as my car is turned off and the keys are out of the ignition and on the floor or back seat there would be nothing anyone could do

Monday, 7 November 2016, 1:59 pm