Woman Leaves Toddlers in Running Car While Shopping, Says Daughter Recently Stabbed Another Child

LAND O’ LAKES (PASCO) – A mother of three young children is charged with child neglect, after she left her children unattended in a running car while she went grocery shopping.

According to officials, 38-year-old Mackenzie Leigh Zadroga spent approximately 15 minutes inside the Publix Grocery store on Land o’ Lakes Blvd yesterday, while her twin 2-year-old boys and 4-year-old daughter remained inside the vehicle. The twins were secured in car seats but the older sister was moving freely about the car, say officials.

Zadroga told deputies during an interview that she left the children in the car because it was too difficult to carry all three and use a stroller. Zadroga says she left her daughter “in charge” because she is “smarter than I am.”

Zadroga later advised that she already had an issue with her daughter stabbing a child in the head with an object. Despite that disturbing information, Zadroga still left her daughter alone with the twin boys.

Zadroga was transported to the Land O’ Lakes Detention Center where she was held on a $5,000 bond.

Comments
  • No common sense!!!

Monday, 17 April 2017, 12:30 am
  • Those chirren are her pay check, come on.

Friday, 14 April 2017, 5:14 pm
  • Unbelievable you are so RIGHT! I ran out of material after making this puffy dress for shamu. Take the kids away, this woman is a fruit loop.

Friday, 14 April 2017, 2:20 pm
  • They need to add child endangerment to her charges. Not only could ” daughter smarter than her ” have injured the twins but she could have put the vehicle in gear and created a disaster. Where the hell are the fathers of the children???? These kids need to be removed from her since she doesn’t want to be a mother . Just want that government subsidy I bet.

Friday, 14 April 2017, 12:49 am
  • Hey Mackenzie…. Keep your legs closed from now on please!

Thursday, 13 April 2017, 6:02 pm
  • This lady is pure trash. She brought three more kids in the world that will continue the cycle that she is currently living unless somebody steps in and helps. She just needs to stop being lazy and be a mom.
    Mackenzie if you’re reading this please educate your children let them have a better life.

Thursday, 13 April 2017, 5:24 pm
  • Her 4 year old obviously is “smarter” than her..

Thursday, 13 April 2017, 4:00 pm
  • Throw away the key.

Thursday, 13 April 2017, 3:48 pm
  • Brilliance, sheer brilliance

Thursday, 13 April 2017, 3:17 pm
  • This is too easy. Obviously not smarter than a four year old!

Thursday, 13 April 2017, 3:16 pm
  • And I really like the big eaten grin on her face. Doesn’t even sound like parenting classes would do her any good.

Thursday, 13 April 2017, 3:13 pm
  • This is purely despicable!!!! First off I would have to say in response to the ladies ALLEGED comment with respect to it being too difficult to carry them and push a stroller that (A)….Welcome to the life of most mothers and/or fathers, and (B)…..if you cannot properly care for, function in a multitude of capacities, and/or adequately see to your children’s consistent and overall safety in something as routine and mundane as a grocery shopping endeavor than you might should have pondered those potential difficulties before continuing to spread your legs and pop children out. I am a parent of 6 childrenwhich includes a set of twins and I NEVER have gone anywhere or did anything in which ALL of my children didn’t accompany me in my errand running, visitation with friends, or any other outing whatsoever with the exception of date nights with my husband and/or on the VERY rare occupancy when my husband and I might go away for a weekend alone in which case I ALWAYS ensured that my children were adequately watched over and thathere were multiple emergency contacts in the event that something should occur in my absence God forbid.

Secondly, once again, if the woman’s alleged statements are in fact true, I most certainly wouldn’t be boasting and bragging that my 4 year old was smarter than me especially when I have just allegedly conducted myself in such an unbecoming manor and very publicly at that which only would in my opinion validate that statement to everyone. Furthermore, if this is in fact proven true, I believe this woman should be ordered to attend parenting classes that teach parents how to effectively multitask simultaneously to parenting in a manor that ensures the overall safety first of whir children not simply the parents overwhelming apparent need for convenience instead!

Raising children is not an easy task and twins are even more challenging however this is why people should seriously consider the consequences of having children if they are not capable of functioning in a safe, caring, non-abusive, non-neglectful manor in a multifaceted role as parents often must do and additionally be able to function as such often times wth very little if any sleep at all and almost always on a time crunch to be somewhere at a certain time or have something done by a specific time. It’s part of life and to keep having children when incapable of giving them and not the rest of the world your best in its entirety is irresponsible at best and in my opinion, extremely selfish!!!! I pray this was simply a one time very poor decision making mistake in this woman’s part (if found to be true) and that she learns a valuable lesson from it going forward and if not then she most likely doesn’t need to have those children in her care.

Thursday, 13 April 2017, 2:39 pm
  • Cotton balls are soft

Thursday, 13 April 2017, 2:22 pm
    • LOL

Thursday, 13 April 2017, 2:40 pm
    • Not if they are being shoved up in there dry

Thursday, 13 April 2017, 8:40 pm