Woman Punches Herself in the Face During Domestic Dispute – Charged with Battery

SPRING HILL – It’s not uncommon for perpetrators of domestic violence to cause self-inflicted injury in an attempt to avoid arrest. With Florida’s mandatory arrest policy, sometimes the primary aggressor will try to confuse law enforcement by causing these injuries; which in some cases, leads to actual victim’s arrest. During an incident Sunday, a witness says that’s exactly what 29-year-old Samantha Jean Canon tried to do to her live-in boyfriend at their residence on Tartan Ave.

According to reports, Michael Nesseralla woke up around 10:30 a.m. to his girlfriend, screaming at him in their bedroom. In an attempt to avoid the argument, Nesseralla tried to exit the room but was stopped at the doorway by Canon. Nesseralla says he tried to use the bedroom window to escape but Canon grabbed him by the neck and slammed him back onto the bed. As a result, Nesseralla’s foot struck the window and broke the glass. While on the bed, Nesseralla says Canon struck him several times in the face with open palms. Eventually, Nesseralla was able to break free and exit the home to call 911.

Deputies arrived on the scene and met with a neighbor who said she could hear Nesseralla say “get off of me!” and “why did you throw me on the bed?” The same witness says she saw Canon punching herself in the face, attempting to cause injury.

During an interview, Canon admitted to throwing Nesseralla on the bed and later admitted that he never touched her during the altercation.

Canon is was taken into custody and charged with Domestic Battery. Canon is free on $50.00 bond.

Canon

Comments
  • claim ur an expert. in what. latin. English. what. you wanna be an expert. know what it means. used. drip of of water. i give it too u. u a expert

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 3:45 pm
  • So many losers in Hernando County and this is one of them.

Thursday, 31 December 2015, 12:29 pm
  • Lmao I don’t know her but I do know her bf she assaulted (he’s my ex) so I am kinda shocked that he let her do that to him…

Thursday, 31 December 2015, 4:03 am
  • She is bat s**t crazy and I hope she doesn’t have custody of that poor child!! No I don’t know her and wouldn’t want to!!

Wednesday, 30 December 2015, 3:47 pm
  • GREAT WORK TOM THANK YOU !!!

Wednesday, 30 December 2015, 12:08 pm
  • She was just kicking her own A_S

Wednesday, 30 December 2015, 1:09 am
  • Balletislife is right on point except the fact that she got her ex arrested

Tuesday, 29 December 2015, 11:58 pm
  • 38 Special good one Lmbo .

Tuesday, 29 December 2015, 6:50 pm
  • Time for a new girl friend.

Tuesday, 29 December 2015, 6:46 pm
  • if I’m not mistaken her ex husband left her for her abuse as well, I’ve seen first hand how rough and rude she was to mike. I think it was obvious to most she only used him for his money because she couldn’t pay bills alone.
    She is a controlling person and I don’t feel it is right that her bond was set at $50 any man who committed this would have a lot higher bond. Women want to be treated the same as man until they are in the wrong and that is not right. You want to be stupid then pay the price. In the end thank god she didn’t severely injure mike and truly thank god she didn’t hurt her daughter.

Tuesday, 29 December 2015, 4:08 pm
  • WITH ALL DUE RESPECT YOUR HONOR, WHY BOTHER TO EVEN GIVE A BOND? IF MY MATH IS CORRECT, 10%=$5.00.

Tuesday, 29 December 2015, 3:53 pm
  • $50.00 BOND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, 29 December 2015, 3:51 pm
  • That one little BB on the side of her nose is nothing. I’ve seen people walking around with enough facial piercings that I think they must have tripped and fallen face-first into somebody’s tackle box!

Tuesday, 29 December 2015, 1:12 pm
  • She got another guy arrested who still says he never touched her and I believe him. This stupid bitch ruined a lot for him because of the charges he got because shes a crazy low life and yess she has a liltle girl.

Tuesday, 29 December 2015, 8:19 am
  • Out of all things someone brings up a nose ring like it had something to do with it. Lol

Tuesday, 29 December 2015, 7:05 am
  • Your comments are unnecessary,
    You sound like a bunch d bullies commenting on her appearance opposed to what this story is about. “Low Life, Resembles a Cow….Really?!?
    One reqder tells her to “grow up, I bet u a mommy” honestly read your comment, it appears you need to be the one that needs to grow up. If you are a parent your setting a terrible example for any child
    Having a piece of jewelry pierced in her nose does not resemble a cow, actually I think she is a pretty girl that appears to have issues and anger management classes would probably be in her best interest. Thos story sounds like it could be an episode for the T.V program “Snapped”
    I don’t believe one of us has the right to judge anyone that does wrong, we all have made mistakes, not one of you are perfect.
    If you don’t have something nice to say don’t say anything at all. Stick to the topic.
    It really makes me laugh when a reader tries to tell Tom Lemons how to do his job In writing story after story however most can not complete a sentence without bullying and saying things more disgusting than the story itself.
    Many speak of how trashy Springhill is, I actually like springhill it”s my home. If you don’t like it then change it and start here on RNRF or move. Think about what you say before kicking someone when they are already down.
    Well just wanted to get that out there hoping it may make a difference.
    Have a Blessed New Year?
    I hope this couple receives therapy if they are a family and are able to work things out. If they are dating perhaps they can part like mature adults

Tuesday, 29 December 2015, 2:05 am
  • Tom you are really good at what you do. Don’t feel the need to explain yourself to some jackass that has probably used this exact tactic before. Keep up the good work Tom we appreciate you!!

Tuesday, 29 December 2015, 12:00 am
  • No books: You have this name because obviously you have never read one JACK.

Monday, 28 December 2015, 10:57 pm
  • 10 bucks says her boyfriend bailed her out.

Monday, 28 December 2015, 10:51 pm
  • I agree Tubbs

Monday, 28 December 2015, 8:29 pm
  • How do you know “it’s not uncommon for perpetrators of domestic violence to cause self-inflicted injury in an attempt to avoid arrest?” Do you have some proven statistics on that? Or is that what you believe happened in this one case?
    You must also believe that the “primary aggressor will try to confuse law enforcement by causing these injuries; which in some cases, leads to actual victim’s arrest.”
    Show me the facts jack! Not your opinion.

Monday, 28 December 2015, 7:46 pm
  • Low life!

Monday, 28 December 2015, 7:07 pm
  • Let’s all say it together,…BAKER ACT!!!!

Monday, 28 December 2015, 6:19 pm
  • You people are sad really ..get a hobby..or a job

Monday, 28 December 2015, 6:15 pm
  • I totally agree with you.

Monday, 28 December 2015, 6:09 pm
  • $50.00 bond? Should be $5,000.00. Asleep at 10:30 am, hopefully he works nights.

Monday, 28 December 2015, 5:29 pm
  • She resembles a cow.

Monday, 28 December 2015, 5:04 pm
  • Smh just another loser in this great area

Monday, 28 December 2015, 5:03 pm
  • Well at least there was a witness or he would have been in jail…

Monday, 28 December 2015, 4:41 pm
  • Why did she get a bond for domestic? I’m sure he wouldn’t have

Monday, 28 December 2015, 4:40 pm
  • Dear Judge. She be a candidate for a free I am stupid sticker and I live in spring hill fl. What a dumb ass.

Monday, 28 December 2015, 4:38 pm
  • Isn’t nose rings for cattle? Grow up little girl, your 29 now and I bet you a mommy.
    Time to start a good example for the young ones….. or they will grow up.JUST LIKE U

Monday, 28 December 2015, 4:19 pm
  • Surprised she didn’t take herself hostage to instigate a stand-off!

Monday, 28 December 2015, 4:11 pm