Woman Shoots, Kills Pit Bull During Attack, Owner Blames Cable Tech for Releasing Dogs

HUDSON (PASCO) – A Pit Bull was shot and killed Monday after officials say a pack of Pit Bulls attacked a woman and her three dogs as she walked along Thomas Blvd.

According to reports, 47-year-old Angela Riley was walking her three small dogs in front of 17535 Thomas Blvd around 11:00 a.m., when three large Pit Bulls charged at her and began attacking her Chihuahua. Riley says the dogs backed her up against a fence and would not allow her to escape. Riley screamed for help but when no one responded she pulled out her SCCY 9mm Handgun and tried hitting the Pit Bull. When the dog still refused to let go of her Chihuahua, Riley says she fired at least one round into Pit Bull. The animal walked about 10’ back onto its own property where it collapsed and died.

Riley’s Chihuahua suffered several puncture wounds on the legs, shoulders, and thigh but the injuries were not life-threatening.

I tried to contact Angela Riley for comment but she has not returned our calls.

I spoke with the Pit Bull owner, Kayle Melady who says her dogs are always caged or kept in her fenced in backyard. Melady blames the Spectrum Cable technician for letting the Pit Bulls out of her backyard when he visited her residence. Melady says she gave specific instructions to the technician not to use the gate but he did so anyway, which allowed the animals to escape without her knowledge. When she called out for her Pit Bulls to come home, only three returned. Not long after, a Deputy came to her house and asked if she was missing a Pit Bull. That’s when she was told that her dog had been shot and killed.

Melady cried as she explained that she can’t have children of her own and that her dogs are her only babies. Melady says he understands how scared Riley must have been but she wished that she didn’t have to shoot her puppy.

The Pit Bull breed is considered by many to be unpredictable and extremely dangerous but owners vehemently disagree and often blame irresponsible owners for the growing number of attacks.

The majority of animal attacks reported by RNRF almost always involve a Pit Bull or Pit Bull mix. They are also the preferred breed of criminals who use them for organized dog fighting, and are often mistreated, beaten, starved, and even killed when they are no longer able to fight.

Last month a 3-year-old boy was mauled by the family Pit Bull at his home on Memory Lane. As a result of the incident, the boy’s father shot and killed the animal. (Click for Full Report)

A Pasco County Sheriff’s Deputy was forced to shoot and kill a Pit Bull that attacked her during an incident back in November of 2016. In the process of shooting the dog, she also shot her own finger. (Click for Full Report)

There is conflicting data compiled by organization around the country but according to Dogsbite.org, Pit Bulls and Rottweilers make up the most dangerous breeds and account of 76% of human fatalities.

Since 2014 over 700 cities in 40 states have enacted Pit Bull bans.

cage

Comments
  • Science has proven time and time again that the breeding process is highly toxic to the new breed that is made. You have un-licensed or un-educated licensed breeders that have no clue what they are doing. Just because two different breeds of dogs can make a new breed doesn’t mean it should. Scientist have removed many animals off the endangered spices list due to this genetic deformity (exp. White Bangle Tiger). The breed for pit bulls shows a high amount of genetic breakdown causing deformities like a large brain in a small skull, or aggressive behavior due to frustration from mental handicaps. The breed should have never existed in the natural world, and show evidence to how human tampering has become dangerous in more aspects than one.

Friday, 17 February 2017, 12:43 pm
  • In her back yard- you only have to go to Youtube and put “pit bull jumps six foot fence” to get over 59 thousand results and see it for yourself. The world record, in Mexico last year, a pit bull jumped 13 feet straight up. I have no doubt the dogs got out on their own, as usual. Glad it’s dead. She should be banned from dog ownership for life before she and her stupid choice of breed gets someone killed.

Monday, 13 February 2017, 9:50 pm
  • I have personally witnessed a red-nose pit run down a full grown coyote without provocation and killed it within minutes.

Monday, 13 February 2017, 7:18 am
  • Get BSL and then enforce it. There is underground pitbull breeding in Ontario but with BSL the number of dog bites have greatly decreased. One day we will value those in our society that have been hurt, those who are the victims, over the propaganda from pitbull advocacy groups.

Sunday, 12 February 2017, 10:42 pm
  • Pit bulls kill 24,000 pet dogs a year; that’s 65 a day. (http://www.animals24-7.org/2016/01/31/pit-bulls-killed-24000-other-dogs-13000-cats-in-2015/). I know how the stats were arrived at and verified the numbers by talking to Animal Control officials in my area. After meeting dozens of people whose pets were killed (all by pit bulls, never by any other breed), I now no longer walk my dogs anywhere outside my fenced yard. I’m consider concealed carry so I can “take back the streets” for owners of normal dogs. That is, dogs NOT bred to grip/shake/kill for the past 500 years. This woman was a great small dog owner to be prepared for an attack and to handle it before any of her own dogs got killed.

Sunday, 12 February 2017, 12:51 am
  • In the US a pit bull kills a person every 17 days.

Saturday, 11 February 2017, 5:11 pm
    • nearly 6500 people die each day from things like heart disease due to diet but most tend to not care to correct their lifestyle but seems the less stuff kills us the more we care about it and the more it kills people the less we care about it. odd isnt it? figured youd like that since you posted a statistic.

Saturday, 11 February 2017, 9:11 pm
      • But you see that statistic is a life style dietary choice. Victims of maulings by pittbulls are given no choice. I had no choice but to save my 5 year old grandson. I would do it again but will be packing if I am ever forced into that situation again! Yesterday as I walked through a store people stopped and turned to star at my scarred face where it was ripped partially off and left hanging in the dirt. But my grandson is alive so I just stood tall and walked away. Unfortunately I couldn’t do that the night a few months ago when the pit bull tried to kill us.

Sunday, 12 February 2017, 12:10 pm
  • Tina pounds, GOD bless you, so very sorry and I can’t even imagine what you went thru, Happy your son is ok and most mothers would die for their children and obviously you were one that was willing to do that. May your pain be less each and every day and Thank you for sharing your story. Shame on the dog owner, just shows she has no soul. Ban the pit bulls Hernando County, you can do it, just get it done. And if anyone can make sarcastic remarks after her post, then you as well have no soul.

Friday, 10 February 2017, 6:54 pm
    • Thank you. It has been horrendous. Pit bulls should be closely monitored. There are pit bulls who have already proven themselves to be dangerous to the community yet somehow are held 5-10 days and released. Until communities speak up and make community leaders do something these attacks will continue and more folks will be mauled. Their maulings are not bites. Stay safe.

Friday, 10 February 2017, 8:58 pm
  • HERO with a gun!

Friday, 10 February 2017, 6:44 pm
  • I have a story for you if you care to read it. If you really care as you say you do you will read it. If not it may reach someone who may need it. On September 9, 2016 my landlady invited my grandson and I to have pizza with her. As we walked over from my place, her pit bull attacked my grandson, knocking him down. My grandson stood back up and the dog had its nose right up to my grandson’s face by the time I reached them. Instantly a knowledge took over; I swear I have no idea from where. I knew if I grabbed Briar the dog would grab his legs and we would be in a tug of war for my Briar.

Instead this 60 year old grandmother chose to grab the dog around his body and take him away from Briar. Beyond that I just knew I had to fight to hold onto the dog as he exploded even more violently. He had selected his prey that night and it wasn’t me. He kept trying to get back to Briar. His collar came off so I grabbed him again, screaming for help. The dog turned back to me again and began to try and tear my throat out. I had to put my hands in his mouth to keep him from my throat. The scar on the front of my throat is a daily reminder of how close we came to death.

I saw him as he broke a bone in my hand. Then he grabbed one arm after the other as I tried to protect my throat and head. He ripped my bicep open, my forearm my hands each finger. This monster grabbed my face and ripped it down, peeling it partially off in three sections. He turned his attention back to Briar and I remember my landlady telling me to stay down but that dog was stalking back to Briar so I had no choice but to crawl through the dirt, but this time I had a broken hand, chunks torn from my arms and my face hanging in shreds, to grab that dog again. One side of my face had already been torn from eye to chin the other from cheek to chin and my chin was ripped open as well.

By this time which seemed like hours but was only minutes Briar had been taken to safety and it took 6 gun shots to bring that dog down and stop the attack. When the rescue squad came the pit bull was at my feet guarding his prey. It took 2 more shots to kill him. I remember a fireman telling me the dog would not get me again on his watch. I took care to refuse treatment until they looked at my boy who needed a stitch in his ear. When they loaded me up I was able to get them to put up a sheet and let him ride in the front. I knew how bad it was. I was holding my face in my hands to keep it from the dirt. I didn’t want Briar to see that.

The docs tell me with the severity of my injuries that Briar would have been killed had the dog been able to get to him. It was a night of instinctual battle with a dog from hell determined to get his prey. I have had 5 surgeries, the most recent was on Jan 25 2017. Today I learned it may not be possible to reconstruct my lip or remove the areas that did not heal well or horrible scarring on my face. Yesterday my surgeons removed the screws from the stent placed into my lower jaw two weeks ago to attempt to relieve the restrictions caused by scar tissue inside my mouth. The surgeons also told me that the goal is controlled pain because they will not be able to take the pain away, just control it. I drool My anxiety is through the roof. I see surgeons, orthopedists, psychiatrists and counselors. I cannot work. I have lost everything. The owner has gone about her life like nothing happened while I deal with the trauma. This is my new reality. This dog had been in my home. He was not abused or raised to fight. Never.

When the switch is flipped on these dogs they do not stop. The breed has been developed for hundreds of years with massive jaws to bring down their prey. They do not respond to pain or commands. They are out to kill. A mere google search will show you the victims that are left paying for the damage done by these dogs. I did not believe in the anti-pit bull sentiments and in fact scoffed at breed laws (BSL) until I experienced first hand what these dogs can do. I am a firm believer now! I can look back on a post I made a few months before a pit bull tried to kill us where I literally said BSL my arse. Why support a breed type with those genetics.

I have been vilified, mocked and called a liar by pit bull advocates and apologists about our attack because I speak out, despite the witness statements, sheriff’s office investigative report, the ACO report and my voluminous medical records. True animal lovers advocate for all breeds and support spay/neuter programs, licensing and registration, proper containment, and maintaining proper insurance coverage to protect the public. Unfortunately, too many pit bull owners do not comply, which is why some cities choose to make these laws mandatory for pit bull owners. That, and their relentless, brutal attack style that causes life-altering injuries like mine.

Friday, 10 February 2017, 5:26 pm
    • Tina im so sorry for your pain and suffering and the horrible ordeal you and your grandson had to go through. I cant even imagine my prayers to you. Hoping for relief from your pain stories like this should alone make the.breed. banned how many more lives have to be destoyed before people realize how dangous this breed is

Friday, 10 February 2017, 9:02 pm
      • My precious grandson is alive and well and that’s really what I care about. A bottom lip and scar-free face is not as important as he is. Thank you for your kind words.

Saturday, 11 February 2017, 6:49 pm
    • Wow. I am so sorry for your suffering. I’m glad you were able to save your grandson and hope, if I am ever in a similar situation, I can also be brave.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Saturday, 11 February 2017, 1:56 pm
      • If you know you have mere seconds to save your grandson from a vicious dog you will probably act as I did. It is amazing what you can do when the life of a precious child is at stake. Thank you.

Saturday, 11 February 2017, 6:51 pm
    • You are a hero! I read your story on another article a few weeks ago and I just wanted to say that spreading the word is helping. I’ve always been a dog person. I’ve never owned a Pitt, but I never would have thought twice about letting my kids play at a friend’s house who did. After reading your story and then other victims stories, I will never allow my kids around one. I am horrified at how often this happens! Bless you. You are an amazing grandma!!

Sunday, 12 February 2017, 8:31 pm
      • Thank you thank you. I am so glad to hear that. I never knew how dangerous they can be until we were attacked. I now have friends whose children were killed by their loved and nurtured pit bulls, dogs who were never abused and raised from pups. I am a big animal lover. This makes me more determined to try to help keep our communities safer.

Monday, 13 February 2017, 1:50 am
  • my mom has multiple pits on acreage mixed with other dogs and around kids. none have ever done anything aggressive. her little ankle biters are the mean ones.. i think much of it has to do with how they are raised. breeding and raising is near everything… u know kind of like many of the people we have around here that have issues.

Friday, 10 February 2017, 7:44 am
    • That’s so weird! I guess everyone who invests in good herding dogs, bird dogs, hunting dogs, etc should just not even bother! If it’s all how they’re raised they can get whatever dog they want and it’ll
      Do just as good a job, right?! That’s what you’re saying?! They’ll be so happy to hear it!

Friday, 10 February 2017, 5:00 pm
      • do you not realize what breeding involves? the exact definition of breeding escapes you on nearly every possible level. either you missed what I typed which i imagine reading isnt your strong point or you are just a fool that attempted an insult with out much consideration for what I actually typed. either way you completely failed at sarcasm. maybe you ment to reply to a different comment also but some how i doubt that. i think the idiot train arrived. time for you to board it and go back to moron town population you.

Saturday, 11 February 2017, 9:07 pm
    • All breeds are bad. Humans- with nature until it bites you in to

Friday, 17 February 2017, 12:58 pm
  • Clean kill mrs. Riley i would have done the same im glad you had a gun on you what would have happened if you did not Dont feel bad at all i say it again and again these killing dogs should be outlawed here in Hernando like they are in Dade County people say its not the dogs fault it is how its brought up thats bullshit you dont here about other dogs doing these (lock and load )

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 9:53 pm
  • I worked veterinary emergency in central Florida for 3.5 years. With out a doubt the Pit Bulls were responsible for the vast majority of dog aggression trauma I treated. Dry your eyes Ms. Melady, go over to Ms. Riley, beg her forgiveness for your failure to be a responsible dog owner and then pay her vet bills.

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 8:42 pm
  • It Just Amazes Me How There Are Always More Comments on Here About A Stupid F*cking Dog Then Anything Else That Tom Post on Here! Just Goes to Show You What Kind of Trolls There Are Around Here : )

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 8:17 pm
    • No. It tells you how important this issue really is. We aren’t trolls. We care about our families, both human and animal.

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 10:23 pm
    • Including you…..

Friday, 10 February 2017, 8:14 am
  • I was hit in the head with a bat & RAPED. Should we ban all men??

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 6:32 pm
    • Keep em closed this want happen! What the hell does this have to to with a dog ? your a true nut case seek help.

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 7:23 pm
    • Oh there trying to do that anyways.

Friday, 10 February 2017, 8:13 am
    • People cannot be compared to dogs-.-
      Dogs have been selectively bred for certain traits. Try again.

Friday, 10 February 2017, 4:58 pm
    • Did you just compare an animal attacking another animal to kill it to a human beating and raping you? Need attention much?

Friday, 17 February 2017, 12:55 pm
  • Seriously BLAME THE CABLE GUY?? CHRISTNE you are rather stupid. Ah where’s LARRY WHEN YOU NEED HIM?? ??

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 5:23 pm
    • You mean the cable guy was going to go into your back yard with 4 pitbull dogs? They should have been in cages if you weren’t home. Ours are. They are NEVER left outside in our fenced yard when we aren’t home.

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 10:26 pm
  • I never liked pit Bulls until I adopted one and like most dogs they are tratoral and will protect there home .. Maybe the cable guy should take responsibility it sounds like the home owners did everything to be responsible dog owners I feel for all involved my thoughts with all involved ❤

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 1:04 pm
  • I had two rotties that were the best loyal dogs you could ever have, I also was well aware of the dangers of the breed. I always walked them, and kept them very active in the pool, as well as running with them daily. My babies never hurt anyone, but I made a very conscious effort to make sure they didn’t either. Now I have a lab that is so anxious, and always nervous acting that I don’t trust her around anyone other then my family. So no I do not agree that it’s the breed. I believe that each owner should get to know your animal, and set a regimen of exercise up for your dog so that they don’t feel pent up aggression. These dogs are working class animals. Make them work!! Running, walking, pulling things by a harness. Give them a purpose! They need that. Just my opinion

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 11:56 am
  • I can forget my jack russel outside and not have to fear him ripping a head off!

Why risk it with a pitt?

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 11:44 am
  • I never go out for a walk with my wife without a firearm just in case of something like this happening, I hope I never have to use it but if it’s necessary to protect myself or my wife I will.

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 11:00 am
  • Bottom line:

“Pit Bulls and Rottweilers make up the most dangerous breeds and account of 76% of human fatalities”.

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 10:49 am
  • I never realized there are so many put bull experts. the dogs wouldn’t have caused any problems if they diddnt get let out. everyone who put up their extensive knowledge of the breed is stupid.

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 9:56 am
    • Including you!

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 10:38 am
    • So many other breeds get out and they don’t go around killing pets and children.

Friday, 10 February 2017, 4:55 pm
  • It’s sad that people are so ignorant to think that all pit bulls are bad! They are a wonderful and loyal breed. They are absolutely a product of who raises them! Just because you spoil you dog doesn’t mean you have taught them to behave. I read a comment that a pit got treated better than most dogs and it still “attacked” a yorkie….that doesn’t mean the dog was raised in the right home. You still have to be an adult and be dominant over the dog. I currently have 2 pits..one of which was a rescue from animal control…and they are both super loving. Our male is roughly 80 lbs and gets along great with our kids and out little pug. People need to own up to what they have done wrong and stop blaming the breed. This poor woman lost her pit and the other has an injured chihuahua…if the put was really wanting to kill it….he would have. He was probably too excited and hurt the little dog because he is used to playing with bigger pups.

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 8:51 am
    • Omg really lady screw your dog.

Friday, 10 February 2017, 8:11 am
    • Let me get this straight- if a pit isn’t in the “right home” it kills and attacks? Don’t ya see how this is a problem?
      Maybe we shouldn’t allow dogs that need special treatment not to maim and kill? Like the 300 breeds that have never killed anyone….
      Hope you don’t find out the hard way that you’re not so exceptional

Saturday, 11 February 2017, 5:18 pm
  • Look I own a pitbull and he is a sweet and loyal dog but here is the catch it is a lot of work .even though I have a fence in yard he is walked to go potty. like any other animal he can climb and dig you are running the risk of your getting out when you just leave them in a yard. Next, Pitbulls are not like other dogs when they get something in there head they stay focused on it till they complete what they wanted to do that’s why attacks from a pit pull are always bad. no animal should be left outside on its own if you have young kids don’t let any dog be alone it takes one bite to scare them for life. training your animal is key it never ends the life of your animal. they are high drive dogs they have to be worked. Be the alpha of your pack . the dog has to respect you and not by abusing it and why for the love of god do people need like 3+ large dogs. do not get more dogs then you can handle they will be a pack and they will work as a pack so trying to stop and control 3 dogs that are hard headed becomes impossible. Sorry in a rush writing this but it is said to see people hating this breed and said to see people getting hurt because they have no idea how to truly care for these dogs and the people around them. if you move to an area where there is a possibility the dog can get out and hurt someone then maybe you should rethink owning a large dog. they need room like any large dog and why put people at risk. for 18 years I had german shep, rotties, pitbulls and not once have my dogs attacked anyone or even each other, bit my kids or even got aggressive with vistors and I never had more then two at a time so me and my wife can control each dog. I cant blame people for liking a breed hell I like tigers but in no way shape or form would I ever own one. know your animals know your limits. wake up hernando
    people have the right to walk down the street and not worry about being attacked by any loose animal.

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 8:20 am
    • One question , do you clean up the dog crap after they crap in the lawns on your little walk??, doubtful, no one does around here, brainless people and vicious dogs, period. Hell I can’t even raise fruit and tomatoes cause idiots with dogs let them piss all over our backyard, and no animal control could care less. Sad but true!!

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 1:29 pm
  • Animal control flat out sucks so do all your pits.

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 8:09 am
    • I 2nd that. Animal control makes there own laws up worthless.

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 11:11 am
      • Yeah they do suck. So do pit bulls!!

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 1:22 pm
        • Animal control looks out for their friends dogs. Seen it personally. You or I call, it takes forever for them to come. If it’s someone they know, they do nothing.I’ve seen 3 sherriff’s officers stand while dogs running loose they do nothing. If leo would call, animal control would be there in a flash.

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 3:35 pm
    • Exacto!

Sunday, 12 February 2017, 6:56 pm
  • My pit is the best dog I’ve ever had, I’ve been attacked by 2 dogs in my day, a chihuahua and a lab, any dog is capable of turning on you it’s part of their nature, I feel bad for all that’s involved, not all pits are bad, some yes but definitely not all!!

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 7:28 am
  • Its not necessarily a ‘pit bull’ thing (more of an owner thing), but a lot of these owners just let their dogs roam free anyway. Many an owner thinks because they and theirs can pat a puppy on the head, look at me ‘i have tamed the beast’. Put another animal in the mix and that changes things. Everyone should be able to walk down the street in peace without the stress of another pet defending its territory.

That is good idea to carry while you walk your dog, you never know.

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 7:21 am
    • Science has proven it is the breed. I am sorry, but they should never had been breed in the first place.

Friday, 17 February 2017, 12:53 pm
  • Dog’s are animals , all animals can be unpredictable… Hell, look at human animals, we attack and kill each other ..see animals, all have it in them..

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 7:07 am
  • It’s the same story over and over again. “My pitbull was raised like a child sat on my lap played with the kids before it bit one of their heads off”

More often then not, homeowners insurance does not cover an attack by a pitbull. Owners beware!

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 6:42 am
  • I am not a pit bull owner, but have cared for two from two different homes while their owners were away. They are both well behaved. But like any animal that has been domesticated from the wild through the years can snap at any moment. You can all say its the way they are bred. I have a scar on my forehead that a Saint Bernard that was a family pet bit me as i walked by was it because of the breed or the owners fault? I say neither.The dog just simply felt threaten for some reason. To say Pit Bulls should be banned is not something that should be an option. In my opinion. The responsible owner of ANY breed of dog that is on the top 10 vicious dogs. As you want to say,should have to pay some sort of insurance that if their dog was to bite someone all medical present and future due to the bite be paid by said insurance. If the dog kills a human or other animal the dog owner should have to pay a hefty fine and have the dog destroyed so it does not happen again. Don’t get me wrong but I love the two that i have care for but have always been on guard because of the horror stories people tell of their breed.

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 6:24 am
    • And another top 10 visious dog is a German shepherd to they are like 3rd on the list but my German shepherd is the best dog ive ever owned so you cant say it is just a breed why is 2/3s of all k9 are one of the most visious dog on earth it is all about how you raise the damn dog just like kids if you raise them wrong they will become the same as you raise them so all you dumb that think it is just the breed get your correct and then come with something else

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 8:33 pm
  • Yep, my sister has two of them. She was driving with them on vacation , stopped at a rest area and one of them jumped on the other and caused an 1800 dollars worth of injuries to the other. And yes she treats them like little babies. She has had these two dogs for over 8 years and never a problem. It has been 11 months since this incident and the two dogs get along great. My point being these dogs snap at a moment’s notice and may only do it once. It only takes once to kill a child. You don’t get a do over.

Wednesday, 8 February 2017, 11:13 pm
  • My pit is a sweet heart I’m sorry but this viscous breed crap is exactly that crap. My kids all 6 of them jump on him and beat him up playing and he does nothing but lay there and lock them. Any dog is capable of attacking another. Esp chihuahua. I was attacked by one as a child so yeah……

Wednesday, 8 February 2017, 10:56 pm
    • But the Chihuahua isn’t trying to kill you dumb.

Wednesday, 8 February 2017, 11:16 pm
      • Charlie the dog whisperer over here lol

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 11:49 pm
    • Yep they may do that and get away with it now, but the time will come when it will turn. What will you do then? Hopefully, no body will be hurt or dead.

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 7:03 am
    • I owned 17 pitbulls at once and never had an incident where they attacked a human OR another animal. Owners are responsible for their dogs. I currently own 2 pitbulls now and one is my service dog. Love’s ALL other animals but doesn’t like dogs outside of her own home. So therefore I take all necessary precautions to ensure she does not get a chance. It is the owner’s responsibility in ALL cases to take the necessary precautions. Animals are a product of their environment. Just like a kid.

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 7:40 am
      • Dog hoarder weighing in^^^. Please tell us more about your mental problems. Pit bulls are not suited for service work. You know NOTHING about purpose/selective breeding and breed instincts. You’re in deep denial.

Friday, 10 February 2017, 5:24 pm
      • Dangerous to have a “service dog” that doesn’t like dogs outside of her own home…what the hell kind of service dog do you have? Hopefully your’s never attacks a real service dog, I believe that is a felony. please keep your “service” pit muzzled.

Sunday, 12 February 2017, 6:53 pm
    • Would gladly take the chihuahua bite than the severe injuries I received during a mauling when I protected my grandson from one of these monsters when he snapped.

Friday, 10 February 2017, 5:31 pm
    • This will be your “before” story. 🙁

Friday, 10 February 2017, 9:54 pm
    • Sorry but reality is that they ARE genetically broken breed, and like the white bangle tiger it should be allowed to continued existence. Your hurting more than people, you’re destroying the ecosystem.

Friday, 17 February 2017, 12:51 pm
  • well here we go again PIT BULLS ! Who will be the first to ride my Ass when i say BAN the breed, Who will be the first to tell me its how you raise them! Who will be the first to tell me how sweet they are ! Just remember this you could be the next one to lose someone you know.

Wednesday, 8 February 2017, 10:27 pm
    • To bad we can’t ban Ignorant people

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 7:52 am
      • To bad one don’t lock ? on your .

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 10:36 am
      • Killa then we would have to ban you!!!

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 11:26 am
      • I agree

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 8:22 pm
    • I agree with you ban the breed. Its sad that some people just dont get it until its to late how many more babies kids people or other animals have to die before they bs. This dogs

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 11:53 am
  • Lady, your dogs leave your yard, and attack a lady legally walking her dogs.
    Do you have to have such vicious “babies”?
    What did you expect her to do?
    Hopefully you pay her vet bills and up your liability insurance

Wednesday, 8 February 2017, 10:03 pm
  • I wish I had been carrying when my sweet puppy was killed by a Pitbull last week. The owners would not have had a chance to hide him ? and considering animal control would not even make contact with the owners of the dog I would feel a little safer knowing that he wouldn’t have the chance to hurt someone else.

Wednesday, 8 February 2017, 9:57 pm
    • all pit bull owners say its how you raise them but i do not believe that as i know first hand my daughters pit was treated better then most people treat there children he was a big teddy bear thought he was a lap dog but guess what he went nuts like most pits and killed my lil baby yorkie for no reason i think pits should be baned i know im gonna get a lot of people that dont agree but sorry it happens way to many times the breed isnt any good

Wednesday, 8 February 2017, 10:20 pm
      • i agree with everything you posted Kim, pits are dangerous no matter how they’re raised.

Wednesday, 8 February 2017, 11:00 pm
        • I also agree with all of this. My sisters pit ran up on our chi and grabbed him by the neck and shook him to death. My sister protected her pit. We were left mourning the loss of our sweetie. Was told she never did this before and my dog had to provoke her in some way. We were right there and when my sister opened the door her “Friendly” pit charged our chi and killed him for no reason. Later found out her pit has done this to a few other small breeds over the past 10 years. I believe it has something to do with a gene that’s passed on in the breed. She still claims her dog is so sweet and never hurt a dog or child, I know otherwise and she is in denial. I had a my gun but my sister covered her dog so it didn’t get shot. So many pit owners in denial and not responsible due to their love and beliefs of the breed..

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 12:26 pm
      • So sorry to hear about your Yorkie and I agree that Pits should be banned. My sons girlfriend has a pit and when I went to visit that dog went nuts and tried to attack me. I have 3 dogs of my own that I have rescued, I love dogs but pits are so unpredictable and there should be a ban!

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 7:48 am
        • I agree it happens way to many times not to be the breed i know other breeds can attack but think about it. Its always pits. Maybe its the way there breed i dont know but i dont trust pits at all

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 10:03 am
        • Well marie i hope you never have to experience your pit attacking. And furthermore the pit was very well trained that attack my yorkie. And if its not the breed why are they always attacking people dont hear of any other breed in the. News attacking. People and other animals. And we all know not every other dog breed is not trained so who is igorant

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 10:09 am
    • So sorry about your dog. Pit bulls are nasty beasts

Friday, 10 February 2017, 4:22 pm
    • So very sorry for your loss. Pit bulls kill THOUSANDS of dogs each year in the USA.

Friday, 10 February 2017, 8:55 pm