Woman Shot by Deputies Charged with Aggravated Assault, Former Lover Says, “Not the first time she’s been shot”

BROOSKSVILLE – 49-year-old Lori Lee Brandon, the woman shot by deputies during a standoff on Cedar Drive yesterday, is now charged with multiple counts of aggravated assault on law enforcement. (ORIGINAL REPORT)

According to officials, Brandon faces 5-counts of aggravated assault, after she pointed a shotgun at Sheriff’s Deputies and Brooksville Police, while barricaded inside her residence located at 915 Cedar Drive. (EXCLUSIVE VIDEO OF SHOOTING)

Once released from the hospital, Brandon will be booked into the Hernando County Jail and held on a $25,000. But this isn’t the first time Brandon has been shot by police, according to former domestic partner, Malissa Mineo. Mineo says Brandon is “an abusive alcoholic,” and that police were called to their residence numerous times, due to domestic violence issue. Mineo goes on to say that Brandon admitted that she would “have to act crazy to get her VA benefits back.” Mineo wanted to let RNRF know about Brandon’s past because she fears law enforcement will be blamed for the shooting that occurred on Sunday.

Brandon was arrested in 2001 in Pinellas County for throwing a deadly missile, criminal mischief, and disorderly conduct.

Comments
  • Oh Elle, I understand as well but, don’t you think one story is enough do we need additional stories from others that have nothing
    to show. Really think about it. One is enough. Thank you.

Thursday, 24 August 2017, 11:39 am
  • This is exactly the type of person that makes it hard on veterans with legit problems to get help.
    She is an abusive controlling alcoholic, I’ve seen this with my own eyes.
    As far as the family & ex back and forth, believe what you want, none of you were in their household and can know what really went on. At the end of the day, this woman walked out of her house with a shot got while children were yards away, and pointed it at authorities. Enough is enough. She has done this several times, when do the police draw the line? When she accidentally shoots one of your kids? Because she’s “crying out for help”, give me a break, if you want help there are other ways to get it.
    This was a way to get attention, Like always.
    And for everyone talking trash about Malissa Mineo, funny thing is? She isn’t the one doing these things is she? Did she just get shot by officers? Did she just get arrested? Did she just endanger others lives in her community? Oh and the abuse claims…. ask her current partner how abusive she is? Facts…
    she’s someone who put her personal life out there, risked being attacked to stand up for law enforcement, because she had first hand knowledge of the suspects behavior!
    So piss off, to Lori’s family if you were so knowledgeable of her troubles where the hell where you? Why did this even happen? Take some accountability.

Wednesday, 23 August 2017, 9:56 am
  • WELL SHE WON’T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT V.A. BENEFITS FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS !!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂

Tuesday, 22 August 2017, 6:12 pm
  • So where is the rest of the story, you know, the part where she was shot before, Tom?
    Why post an incomplete story? Where is your proof, Tom? This is just like RNRF!

Tuesday, 22 August 2017, 6:08 pm
  • Look up Hernando county court records…..and clearwater and hillsborough….I was with her for 7 years……I left cause I started standing up for myself and she didn’t like it . I know she is very sick!!! This is all verifiable online…I watch this from her back in 2001 when the Clearwater Police and Pinellas County was called out to our place….Look up Hillsborough where she had (copied from the court file online) 843.01 OBSTRUCTING OR OPPOSING AN OFFICER WITH VIOLEN 87703 DISORDERLY CONDUCT…Sorry to say but sometimes people can pull the wool over our eyes…

Tuesday, 22 August 2017, 4:06 pm
    • Her FUR TRADER buddy sounds jealous!! ?

Tuesday, 22 August 2017, 6:47 pm
    • Malissa, seriously, you were thrown out of my Sister’s home because you are a slob and did not want to work. When you went to court to try and say my Sister beat you and “YOU deserved to have her home” what a joke…or at least that is what the judge said when he threw out your case. Also, what you failed to mention is that the picture posted above is of my Sister and YOUR Son, who calls my Sister Mom and insisted recently on having her at his Military graduation, which she flew up for. Pretty strange that he still visits her often, how long ago were you together, yes ages ago and he still visited her almost weekly when he was in town…pretty strange to visit someone who beat his Mom, just like we thought you were a joke before you are still a joke and so are your comments. As you pointed out by listing her past record, my Sister has been crying out for help for quite a while, she suffers from severe PTSD and went to her Doctor just prior to this incident to seek help. The wanted to give her more pills, the standard practice of the VA, she refused. Oh but you are a medical professional so I thought you would have understood more…oh that’s right, you draw blood….working now? It would be a first.

Tuesday, 22 August 2017, 9:14 pm
    • PS I’m sorry Andy that your Mom had to post things like this. We love you and are proud of you.

Tuesday, 22 August 2017, 9:17 pm
    • What is in this for you?

Thursday, 24 August 2017, 11:41 am
      • That question was directed to Malissa, by the way.

Thursday, 24 August 2017, 11:53 am
  • She broke the law. She should consider herself lucky. The cops used just enough force without killing her. She needs to own up to What she did. Take her punishment and move on. The family needs to stop blaming everyone and start holding Lori Lee Brandon accountable. If she needs help her family should provide her the help. If she focused her energy on a career instead of a handout she might just find out working for the things she wants isn’t that bad.

Tuesday, 22 August 2017, 3:27 pm
    • Can I ask what family member blamed other people? Who said my Sister doesn’t work? Do you know something I don’t? My Sister is retired from the Coast Guard where she rescued people and recovered bodies for the ones they could not rescue. She was the first woman Coxwain for their 42′ Search and rescue boat. After that she went to work for the Sheriff’s office. She owns her own home, her own car and earns the money she gets. You name fits your comment since you have no idea, obviously what you are talking about, Crazy and I’m still trying to understand where you have obtained your information, you may want to do more research before posting….Crazy.

Tuesday, 22 August 2017, 9:02 pm
      • Deli, no where did I say your sister didn’t work. What I did say was she should be held accountable for what she did, focus on a career, and her family should help her, by your owe admission she needs to be on medication but refuses to take it. I’m just tired of family members think we owe them something. Your sister does not affect my life in any way other than rnrf amusement. Bottom line if your sister points a gun at a cop she deserves to be dead!

Wednesday, 23 August 2017, 6:40 pm
        • How would you feel if someone said that to you. I do think we know what is right and wrong. What she did was wrong. But that is only a little piece of the story. Let tell you
          that the lesson that has been learned by all of us involved is we should never judge or throw out comments on others until we know all of the situation. See this girl that was wilth her for all those years does not know the situation of Lori now. Please think
          about that. I do in a way understand what had to be done. But I also know a lot of
          her current situation.

Thursday, 24 August 2017, 11:49 am
  • Sounds like she has some Mental Health issues. Hope she gets the help she needs, and jail isn’t the place to get it.

Tuesday, 22 August 2017, 3:05 pm
  • Personally, regardless of the Ex’s statements, no one should be pointing guns as officials in the first place. They are there to protect not to hurt but if you threaten them by any means, they will defend themselves and protect the community around them. whether she is mentally stable or not, that is her own confidential business not the worlds’. But I really don’t see what a difference it would even make what the ex said. She pointed a fire arm at police officials, that calls for action. Whether she was trying to kill herself or suicide by cop who truly knows the motive but her. To the people get all offended and mad that he posted this, news flash… the raw truth needs to be said, now, not when this is all over and people are past it. and that’s why everyone always has issues with him. He doesn’t sugar coat shit nor does wait to post it. Personally, I think its smart to post it now. No one should be feeling sorry for this woman. I don’t respect any person who points weapons at people in unnecessary situations, much-less POLICE. If she needs mental care then she deserves that, but she doesn’t deserve a walk in the park either. No one is going to know whether alcohol was truly involved but officials If they ran tests on her, which i’m sure they did at the hospital. Its all he said she said, but at the end the day its all irrelevant except for one fact… she threatened lives of police officers. Cops who have children, family, etc. That is not okay. She shouldn’t have even put herself in that position to get shot, surrendering is always the best way to go no matter how depressed, suicidal or angry you are. No one gets physically hurt, yes you have to deal with the outcome but you should have thought of that prior to. All in all, I’m giving a pat on the back to all those officers on call that day for handling the situation the best they could have but also protecting themselves and the community around them when they needed too. That is what they are there for.

Tuesday, 22 August 2017, 1:56 pm
  • When was she shot by police before? This is not in the story…..

Tuesday, 22 August 2017, 1:24 pm
  • Of course her former lover is going to say this. She is the former lover, right.
    Hey and maybe you should not delete this comment this time, Tom.

Tuesday, 22 August 2017, 8:57 am
  • Thanks for posting the rest of the story.

Tuesday, 22 August 2017, 5:19 am
  • Malissa IS NOT a reliable source! She is a former lover that Lori had to kick out because of how abusive she was. She lies just as soon as she breathes. Perhaps you should verify this information before posting it as part of your report!

Monday, 21 August 2017, 10:26 pm
  • A good ole girl trying to act crazy to get her v.a. benefits back??? Say it ain’t so in the bible beltin’ halo haulin’ holier than thou land!!! Sour grapes from domestic partner???? If this is true domestic partner was smart to get out of there. Good ole girl is true redneck posing with shotgun on arm and if an alcoholic too she is dangerous to us all. My family would smack you to the ground for “playing” with a gun. If you’re not hunting food or in fear for your life YOU DON’T POINT A GUN AT ANYONE — PERIOD!!!!!!!

Monday, 21 August 2017, 10:11 pm
  • Got to love a snitch who wants their five seconds of Fame

Monday, 21 August 2017, 8:52 pm
    • I could not have said it better! Thank you.

Wednesday, 23 August 2017, 8:38 am
  • Nice Tom real nice. How much more can you make things harder on the family and friends that love her.
    Anything else???

Monday, 21 August 2017, 8:34 pm
    • So you think Tom should not report the news to spare your “wittle feelings”?! Maybe this “victim” mentality is why your relative will call DOC her home for at least the next decade. I salute all veterans. I have complete sympathy for PTSD. If she has any arrest history of violence, there should not have been guns in her home to harm herself or anyone else; especially not the police officers who run to help. If veterans want help, they and their family members can ask for help. She refused the meds that apparently she needed to be on. I’d rather see her lethargic that where she is now. I am thankful no neighborhood child/adult or officer lost his or her life over her refusal to take her meds. She needs to thank her lucky stars that she is alive and getting sentenced. If ANYONE wants to take out officers who come to our rescue on a daily basis, THAT PERSON needs to die PERIOD.

Thursday, 24 August 2017, 8:10 am
  • ALCOHOL, what a wonderful medium.
    HERE’S AN IDEA!!!!!
    LETS PUT IT NEXT TO THE CEREAL !!!!
    ( so kids can steal it & get started early)
    Nice legislation there law makers!
    ( I’m sure they were compensated nicely)
    We need to vote out people who write & vote for these laws!! Is it really that hard to go next door to the liquor store??

Monday, 21 August 2017, 8:29 pm