Woman Suffers Traumatic Injuries in Two Vehicle Crash, Spring Hill Drive and Abby Ave

SPRING HILL – At least two people are reported injured, one seriously, after a two vehicle crash occurred at the intersection of Spring Hill Drive and Abby Ave.

A female occupant of the red Hyundai was unconscious when rescue personnel arrived on the scene. She was transported by ground to Bayonet Point Hospital with what sources say are traumatic injuries.

A second male patient was also injured but it is unknown if he will be transported for treatment. There is road blockage in the westbound lanes at this time.

Law Enforcement are investigating the cause of the crash.

rec-2

rec-3 rec-4 rec-1

Comments
  • Please Don’t Pray for me I am a Born AGAIN HEATHEN! So save your BullS**T

Monday, 31 October 2016, 6:05 pm
  • Hopefully one day you will find out differently. Burn Baby, BURN.

Sunday, 30 October 2016, 1:18 pm
  • How would anybody know about God? It is all Fiction Joshua Thomas

Sunday, 30 October 2016, 8:18 am
    • Rebel Pride, if you believe that God is fiction, why do you say that God drives a truck?

You’re contradicting yourself on several statements you’ve made in past replies. Even in asking what anyone would knowing what anyone would know about God contradicts itself if God doesn’t exist.

Will be praying for your confusion.

Any updates on the lady involved in this accident?

Sunday, 30 October 2016, 3:54 pm
  • I witness people speeding and tailing gating up and down Spring Hill Drive all the time, It’s like you can’t drive responsibly without some jerk climbing up your back even in the right hand lanes, It’s gotten crazy.

Saturday, 29 October 2016, 4:33 pm
    • All of Florida has gotten bad. It’s not just relegated to young or old. It’s about respect for other people and motorists, it’s all gone out the window here.

Saturday, 29 October 2016, 7:10 pm
      • damn man i agree with you more and more by the comment on this one..

Saturday, 29 October 2016, 9:52 pm
  • Them “being stopped” is complete hearsay at this point.

Friday, 28 October 2016, 10:27 pm
  • If YA Can’t Dodge it Then Ram It! Everybody Should Drive a Truck! Even God Drives A Truck

Friday, 28 October 2016, 9:19 pm
    • How would you even know anything about God?

Saturday, 29 October 2016, 1:57 pm
    • Perfect example statement from a home grown Floridan and your probably one of the ones that tailgate responsible drivers trying to make it home alive…… Your wrack is coming.

Saturday, 29 October 2016, 4:39 pm
  • I’m beginning to wonder if foodforthought isn’t the driver of said 6000lb. truck or related to such.Have you L R ARNED TO READ granddaughter’s message. ” THEY WERE STOPPED AT THE STOP SIGN”. Her grandmother-red hyundai-is the trauma patient!!!!!

Friday, 28 October 2016, 8:36 pm
    • I was trying to be nice, the granddaughter “says” they were stopped. The accident report may prove otherwise. Like I said “wait” for it to be released Or Tom to post the follow up, Stop Jumping to conclusions. It would be absolutely terrible if the Driver of the Dodge had done nothing wrong, wasn’t cited for the accident and is being burned at the stake by the court of public opinion.

Friday, 28 October 2016, 10:25 pm
    • Nope. I was working all day at the hospital and my tow vehicle is a ford 4×4. Its a terrible situation but I was commenting on the average intellect of people that cant comprehend that aluminum can bend. As far as your intelligence goes.. you assume just bc some one wrote something online that is a fact and absolute truth.. what a way to attempt to grasp reality… I honestly dont know what happened. I wasnt there and it amazes me that people not there think they know exactly what happened. Im with the workssoyoudonthaveto guy on this one. as he said “stop jumping to conclusions” and I say let fhp do their job and the medical staff help these people as much as possible. I personally appreciate toms articles as they make me respect every day a little more bc sometimes we take things for granted as humans as forget how fast life can take a change in direction. life is precious, and maybe ignorance is bliss ..to why people think 6000 pounds of direct force cant damage flimsy aluminum metal. have a nice day. take care

Friday, 28 October 2016, 11:18 pm
  • Just wait for the accident report to go public, then we’ll all know. Also no one could possibly know what kind of damage a 5,500-6,000 lb truck will cause broadsiding a Hyundai. Stop jumping to conclusions and wait.

Friday, 28 October 2016, 3:42 pm
    • i know im shocked that people have a hard time understanding how 6000lbs of pressure could bend aluminum. We all know aluminum is by far the strongest substance on earth and how could 6000 lbs at 40mph hurt aluminum? That sure is mind shattering… Im sure proud of hernando county especially with all the engineers and rocket scientists out there. Its fairly wild to imagine 6000 lbs of truck traveling at 40mph did damage to aluminum and fiberglass..

Friday, 28 October 2016, 6:23 pm
  • Prayers for The Martine’s family and all involved…’

Friday, 28 October 2016, 2:50 pm
  • This guy was definitely speeding. Had he Tboned her at 35 mph, there would not have been as much damage. I’ve owned 5 Hyundais and I can tell you I’ve seen several damaged at varying speeds 30-50 mph and damage was no where yest. Maybe the Hyundai ran the stop sign, maybe not. Regardless, with that amount of damage I believe it is safe to say the truck driver was speeding and not paying attention. I pray this lady recovers and pray people in this county learn to drive properly.

Friday, 28 October 2016, 12:50 pm
    • Sorry that you have owned 5 Hundai s. Seeing several crashed ones, does not make you a “sopeed” or “Hundai crash expert” after the fact. Wait for the official report.

Tuesday, 1 November 2016, 8:32 am
      • No, I’m not a sopeed expert. Don’t be sorry that I have owned 5 Hyundais. All have had over 200,000 miles on them when traded. Current one has 40,000+ miles. Commonsense and looking at the.result of the accident shows the truck was speeding. I will wait for the official report. But could someone please post a copy of the accident report when it is completed. If I’m wrong, I will eat my hat.

Tuesday, 1 November 2016, 10:20 am
        • Take a moment view the YouTube videos, of Hyundai side impact crash tests. Keep in mind, during the tests they are hit with a weight similar to their own. Not a fully loaded dodge. Also keep in mind that the Hyundai had inertia as it was attempting to cross the road during impact, once you look at those crash tests you’ll find that they faired “marginally” during testing, and that the damage exhibited during impact is almost exactly the same as the damage in this collision.

Wednesday, 2 November 2016, 4:25 am
  • Regina, I am praying for Searra Martinez’s grandmother. My friend ELS & I have posted many pleas for people to live to see their family for the holidays. Our pleas are falling on deaf ears. I, like Tito, have witnessed all things he mentioned.
    I wish the Martinez family the health of their grandmother & themselves. May they celebrate their holidays TOGETHER.

Friday, 28 October 2016, 11:14 am
  • People stop fighting and pray this woman makes it.

Friday, 28 October 2016, 9:36 am
    • My grandmother passed in September

Thursday, 26 October 2017, 12:07 am
  • I sure hope the person in the red car is ok… but to cause that much damage speaks volumes about this collision. Notice i said collision and not “accident”. Someone is definitely at fault here, which means this was no accident. That intersection is a block away from 4 corners, with a 30mph speed limit. I have no idea if the red car pulled out in front of the truck, or if the truck was speeding, but i do know that this was totally avoidable and someone’s negligent driving caused this collision. People suck at driving. But what do you expect when car companies have wi-fi factory installed in cars these days? What do you expect people to be doing with free wi-fi in their car? Just look around at all the idiots driving these days… texting, eating, driving with their stupid little dogs on their laps (i hope your dog goes through the windshield one day) putting on make up, dealing with their sh#thead kids, being drunk, driving with their disgusting 7-11 crusty feet hanging out the window, vaping like a douche bag (yes, you look stupid as hell and people are making fun of you) it never ends out there on the roads. Sell your cars and get the f#ck off the roads, Get a bike, take a bus, or a cab, and stop killing good, innocent drivers out there. Unlike you, those people actually do have a fun productive life, and reasons to wake up everyday. The rest of you losers can go drive off a cliff and kill yourselves instead of me or my family.

Friday, 28 October 2016, 7:26 am
    • So, Tito, you WOULD rather be ALIVE TO BE WITH FAMILY. Ahha.
      This is UNBELIEVABLE’S point. Thanks for supporting it – in a round about way. By the way granddaughter says red car STOPPED AT STOPSIGN.

Friday, 28 October 2016, 11:23 am
  • this kind of damage sends the message that speeding was a factor, pull this jerks license for one year and maybe he will slow down or try to kill someone else

Friday, 28 October 2016, 4:40 am
    • Or maybe… he was doing the speed limit and his right-of-way was violated by the Hyundai that pulled out directly in front of him… yeah, just maybe.

Friday, 28 October 2016, 7:05 am
      • Workssoyoudonthaveto at least someone has some smarts around here. Beth & UNBELIEVABLE are just Idiots. Beth that’s the kind of damage you see when a car gets T-boned he could of been doing 35 that’s the most Vulnerable part of a car. Maybe the Hyundai driver should stop & look before pulling out on Spring Hill Drive not sure how you can miss a big Dodge Ram coming at you.
        Hope the passenger in the Hyundai is going to be ok.

Friday, 28 October 2016, 8:40 am
      • They were stopped at a stop sign and for your information that lady was my grandmother. @workssoyoudonthaveto

Friday, 28 October 2016, 9:43 am
        • I feel terrible the accident happened, but truth is we need to wait till the accident report comes out. Casting fault helps no one.

Friday, 28 October 2016, 3:39 pm
        • since you were there and seen the entire thing did you write out a statement?

Friday, 28 October 2016, 6:15 pm
        • And you were a witness? Or in the car to see this. Sorry about your grandmother, but if you weren’t there you don’t know what actually happened.

Tuesday, 1 November 2016, 8:21 am
          • I know you are not speaking to a child whose Grandmother that is in Critical Co dition and not doing well about her being there to witness!! Please she is just a child that is afraid of losi g her Grandmother for Goodness sakes? Have some compation people,all that extra stuff you’re speaking on is Highly irrelevant right now,how about we send this poor baby and her mother,baby sister and Mother some well wishes and Prayer

Wednesday, 2 November 2016, 11:57 am
          • For your information my grandmother passed in September due to this so don’t you dare try and tell me.

Thursday, 26 October 2017, 12:11 am
        • Don’t bother with these bad minded individuals Searra? My family is keepi g Granny and you girls in our prayers!!! She will come out of this horrible ordeal more amazing than ever!! Love ya??Ashley and Xavier

Wednesday, 2 November 2016, 11:50 am
    • THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE

Friday, 28 October 2016, 7:50 am
    • Both newer cars and trucks have “crumple zones” so the car absorbs the impact, and less to the occupants. Speed was not an obvious factor. Ignorance at its best.

Keyboard traffic experts! Thanks for posting non relevant opinions.

Tuesday, 1 November 2016, 8:17 am
      • Thank you for your non-relevant comment also. Have a great day!!!

Tuesday, 1 November 2016, 10:22 am
  • So what does that comment have to do with anything? Re-read the article, wait for the accident report and comment later in a more unassuming manner, keep your stupid opinions to yourself.

Friday, 28 October 2016, 4:10 am
    • Your picture (bud light) says alot. I’ve been reading for over 56 years. I also worked with the finest insurance adjuster in Florida( so you could have your “stupid opinions”) & learned to read between the lines.

Friday, 28 October 2016, 8:24 am
      • Right… because I have a Bud Light bottle in my pic. You have no picture, what does that say? Try not judging a book by the cover ?

Friday, 28 October 2016, 3:36 pm
        • Well never mi d this highly intelligent individual couldn’t even properly spell during their rant is amusing in its self!! So put that beer back up their ? just to make their day that much brighter

Wednesday, 2 November 2016, 11:45 am
      • A lot.

Wednesday, 2 November 2016, 9:11 am
  • May God look favorably on the trauma patient. Just because the truck says dodge ram does not mean that is what you’re supposed to do!!!!!! It looks like JAWS OF LIFE were needed to extricate the woman!!!!
    SERIOUSLY, PEOPLE, SLOW DOWN, PUT CELL PHONE DOWN, DRIVE DEFENSIVELY ( meaning anticipate stupidity of other drivers & be prepared for anything !!) , DON’T BE DOING PAPERWORK WHILE DRIVING, ETC.

LIVE TO SEE THE UPCOMING HOLIDAYS

Thursday, 27 October 2016, 10:09 pm
    • Does it say anywhere that anyone was on the phone, doing paper work or speeding? Get a life and learn to read idiot.

Friday, 28 October 2016, 6:27 am
      • You need to learn to read. NOWHERE did I say any involved parties WERE on phone, doing paperwork,etc. YOU DON’T DO THIS KIND OF DAMAGE AT 25 OR 30 MPH. I’ve also driven Spring Hill Dr.
        I asked ALL DRIVERS to slow down, don’t use phones, etc. I’ll take being a LIVE IDIOT over a dead body any day. HOW ABOUT YOU??????

Friday, 28 October 2016, 8:34 am
        • springhill drive is 40 and 45mph. easy to do this damage at those speeds with a big dodge ram truck vs little Hyundai compact car.

Friday, 28 October 2016, 6:14 pm
  • Prayers for all involved.

Thursday, 27 October 2016, 7:53 pm
  • Prayers for everyone involved in this tragic accident.

Thursday, 27 October 2016, 7:04 pm