Woman Violently Attacked by Acquaintance While Boyfriend Was at Work

BROOKSVILLE – A woman is lucky to be alive today, after she was attacked and held captive by an acquaintance inside her home Monday evening.

According to officials, officers with the Brooksville Police Department responded to 965 Candlelight Blvd just before midnight, where they made contact with the alleged victim.

According to the victim, 22-year-old John Joseph Foster, a friend of her boyfriend, visited her at their home. When she told Foster to leave because she wanted to take a nap, Foster sprayed her with pepper spray and placed her in a choke hold. Foster continued choking her until she could no longer breathe. The victim says she was able to break free but Foster locked the door before she could exit the residence. Foster continued beating the victim, but she was eventually able to escape.

Foster fled the residence on foot and was later captured at his residence on Ft. Dade Ave.

During an interview, Foster admitted to being at the residence but denied attacking the woman.

Due to the victim’s injuries being consistent with her account of the incident, Foster was arrested and charged with Battery and Kidnapping. He remains behind bars at this time, held on $11,000 bond.

Foster

Comments
  • Tocuhe! You reap what you sow, Jessica Spillane.

Sunday, 3 January 2016, 11:24 am
  • You know what’s crazy this goes to show even more why I’ll never trust people or so called friends… Ms.Wilson really?! Nancy? Out of everyone in the world I’d never think you’d be this way. I’m so hurt. Thanks friend… Ryan had told me so many thing that was said between y’all about me and I didn’t want to believe it. But now I just am so lost and hurt… Wow

Tuesday, 1 December 2015, 9:23 pm
  • Im friends with the victim. We consider each other family and people that want to talk s*** and say dumb shit about the victim needs there teeth kicked in. John foster this message is for you and this is a threat – promise. BETTER PRAY TO WHAT EVER GOD YOU PRAY TO THAT YOU NEVER GET OUT.

Friday, 20 November 2015, 3:04 pm
  • He has rape charges when he was younger his last charge was from.me.He.stole money from my mother he lived with us he was dating me I know the girl he chocked she’s a good girl and he has the nerve to get out of jail and do this he needs to go away for a life time. Enough with this John Joseph Foster he is and always has been a piece of crap

Friday, 20 November 2015, 12:57 am
  • This jerk isn’t my son. Enough said.

Thursday, 19 November 2015, 1:46 pm
  • Correction, Boyfriend……

Thursday, 19 November 2015, 10:15 am
  • Hey Erik, what business did this scum bag have for going over to the house knowing her husband was at work? This POS had one thing in mind but it backfired. As for Ms Wilson, with the remarks you have made, you should be in a cell next to your scum son.

Thursday, 19 November 2015, 10:14 am
  • Weekiewachee, you mid understood what show me said. He said you don’t see that it happens in every county. You just don’t hear about it. RNRF basically covers Hernando county.

Thursday, 19 November 2015, 10:08 am
  • Ms. Wilson you are a piece of work from what i heard, and obviously have no relationship with your son or you would have gotten him help a long time ago, This is about my sister and your words towards this are very disturbing as well, Firstly your son was a friend of my sister and my sisters boyfriend like a little brother to him in her bf words to be exact. They where friends for some time, My sister and her bf would feed and give your son clothes because they felt bad for him as he came from a very broken home with a drug addicted mother ,He also attended church with them on Sundays, In my family we where taught to help others if we have the means to do so not hurt them, No my sister has not always been perfect nor an angel but some people wake up and want to better themselves and help better others before it’s to late, your son was hanging around helping my sister pack her home for moving day, he had rambled on about his new found faith in the paganism and how his gods would save him from the depths of hell no matter what, she more than likely thought he was joking and laughed, He did not just show up while her bf was gone out of nowhere he had been there helping a friend move, mind you the door is wide open during this time so things could be sat out to be picked up and moved the following day that is before he slammed the door shut and locked it what possessed your son to grab a can of pepper spay and drench my sister with it then proceed to violently attack her and choke the life out of her, all with a smile on his face, Time does not match up? the many witnesses that seen him running out after she was somehow able to get away from him and run out the door trying to scream without a voice from being strangled so hard trying to breath thru the pepper spray that filled her nostrils, is this somehow okay to you? your words alone show that you are uneducated and obviously need counseling, i feel sorry for you and hope that you seek the help. I also agree with the statement above and am not sure why they would even set bail on a crime of this nature pretty scary in my opinion, my father taught us how to be tough growing that i more then likely the only reason my sister was able to survive this attack. also above stated “section 8 housing” did not have section 8 prices get your facts strait or be proven wrong. Erick your words are discussing and make me want to vomit, so you’re pretty much saying that if your mother or sister a loved female figure in your life was dressed provocatively this attack would be okay? yeah okay. I am so happy my sister is coming back to where she belongs and away from people like you! no need to respond to this i will not be reading this story again for good reason. just know that the truth shall set you free, Ms.Wilson and please seek physiological help urgently!

Wednesday, 18 November 2015, 10:41 pm
  • Ms. Wilson and Erik truly need to get some facts straightJessica has made mistakes in the past and has paid her pennance! She gets drug tested EVERY week so that was not the issue….This low life whom her boyfriend trusted as a brother and did not realize he was a Child molester acted as if he was normal and welcomed to help them move SNAPPED.. She had on NORMAL CLOTHES. BUT even if she didn’t it gives him no right to spray her with mase choke the s**t out of her( which was so hard you literally see finger prints around her neck) try to snap her neck and beat the S**T out of her!!! This is a girl who has been in a car wreck and had her back broken a few years back and pins holding her foot on ! How she managed to get away only God knows! All I know is he better pray to Satan to whom he worships Aunt Terri never comes across him or I will send him to his maker on sight!!!!

Wednesday, 18 November 2015, 9:59 pm
  • People simply amaze me with how they just have to have an opinion on who people really are “maybe she wasn’t dressed right ” ” maybe she was drinking or on drugs” she’s no angel” no matter what she has done in her past or what she was or wasn’t wearing she didn’t deserve this nobody ever deserves for something like this to happen what a person has done in their past does not define who they are now as person.It does not make it right because she has done wrong in her past… so before you go judging and making slanderous comments about somebody based on a past experience think about it what if this had happened to you would you want people slamming you all over the internet when you were the victim!!!!!! AND FYI I know her very well have for over 15 years she has made mistake but who hasn’t NOBODY…. in this world is a perfect ANGEL!!!!!!!! and no matter what girl I am so glad you are ok and I hope this guy gets what coming to him…

Wednesday, 18 November 2015, 4:57 pm
  • Scary part is, they keep putting these people back on the street

Wednesday, 18 November 2015, 4:54 pm
  • Trash is a kind word for this guy, looked up the offender, Dangerous sick/evil .Lock him up and throw away the key!!

Wednesday, 18 November 2015, 1:36 pm
  • Defend your low life son that tried raping and murdering a girl

Wednesday, 18 November 2015, 1:00 pm
  • He is a registered sex offender http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=58388
    He is definitely a piece of trash

Wednesday, 18 November 2015, 11:43 am
  • Erik, so if a woman is dressed a certain way she deserves it? Have you been in jail before Erik? If not I have a fealing your going to end up there with your way of thinking.

Wednesday, 18 November 2015, 2:10 am
  • Dont blame the housing uts not all section 8 .it has envolved. Thru new ownership and a clean quiet place with mainly older folks. Blame the system. He just was released from jail last week.

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 9:35 pm
  • Hey Doc we agree on something…
    Real truth. Learn some truth about the Judicial system. The Judges have strict guide lines set by the State.

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 8:48 pm
  • I hope someone will kick his ***** Spring Hill DR.

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 8:41 pm
  • Erik your a idiot! WTF difference does it make what this women was wearing in her home or anywhere else for that matter. There is nothing this women could have worn to give this guy a reason who is probably related to you to put this lady in a choke hold.
    Man I can’t handle Stupid!

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 8:00 pm
  • You Are a idiot erik! Does not matter how a woman dresses No Means NO!! this POS will Get what he has coming to him!

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 7:53 pm
  • Why would you answer the door at almost midnight? Friend or no friend!

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 6:46 pm
    • Considering the girl said it happened at 10. Something isn’t adding up with her story. You have to know the victim to question this more. She’s no angel.

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 8:32 pm
  • Erik- you are a tool.
    Anyhow- wouldn’t this be false imprisonment, not kidnapping?
    Either way, I’m sure they are both top notch citizens…

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 5:17 pm
    • She’s on the arrests lists and knows my son well. She’s no angel.

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 8:47 pm
  • Tony, Mr high education, basis . Go back to New York

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 5:13 pm
  • Really Eric!!

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 5:12 pm
  • Erikkkk, with a k your an idiot

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 5:09 pm
  • Was she dressed provocatively? Maybe she brought it on herself by giving him the wrong idea.

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 4:24 pm
  • What else would you expect living in section8 housing…????…roses and cupcakes…???

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 3:28 pm
  • Another loser ! Guy he hasno day job

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 2:39 pm
  • Should we not ask the states attorney office to explain there policy for bonding these idiots who continue attacking women in Brooksville area, it just goes on until they get probation from the courts and continue with assaults. Go figure?

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 2:11 pm
    • Why not ask the judge, because you know, they are the ones to actually set the bond….

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 6:18 pm
  • Why don’t we allow our deputies who carry weapons of mass destruction to use them and save the courts and our money before they are forced to turn them in.

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 2:08 pm
  • I can’t believe the regularity of these stupid but serious crimes against women in Hernando and than they get a low bond. Somebody help me figure this out?

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 2:06 pm
    • Crimes against women became low priority when the ERA movement ended. When Gov. Rick Scott signed the new Florida Constitution into law recently it made women chatel. In other words women are once again property in the state of Florida. Thanks Rick Scott! Crimes against women are expensive to prosecute and if Rick Scott prosecuted them all he could not give out so many tax cuts. Rick knows women ain’t worth it!

Thursday, 19 November 2015, 12:12 pm
  • Another hernando piece of crap with a 11k bond for kidnapping. We won’t get rid of this scum until the judicial system figures it out. I don’t know what keeps the deputies in this county with the seemingly group of idiots that they must work with…….

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 2:03 pm
  • Glad he was arrested, he needs a serious intervention to get help for this violent behavior, no matter what the circumstances that type if violence is totally inexcusable!!!!!!!!! Way to much violent outrage toward and on woman and domestic violence period !!!!!!!!!!!!#####

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 2:00 pm
  • Just amazing how many low lives reside in Hernando County, Is it just a serious lack of common sense because this kind behavior is happening on a regular basses.

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 1:48 pm
    • What’s amazing is that you don’t see that it happens in every county. Must you and others keep repeating this same mantra? You’re reading news from police logs, for gosh sakes.

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 2:36 pm
      • Don’t see it happening in every county ??????
        Give me a break. It happens everywhere.

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 5:39 pm
  • Hmmmmm…my husband’s friends don’t stop by when he’s not there. Seems a little suspicious. ?

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 1:30 pm
    • If you knew the girl you’d understand. Her reputation speaks volumes. Probably drugs of some sort involved.

Tuesday, 17 November 2015, 8:21 pm
      • That makes a LOT of sense, in my opinion!

Wednesday, 18 November 2015, 12:26 am