Woman’s Bizarre Behavior Leads to Arrest and Child Removal

WEEKI WACHEE – On Monday afternoon, deputies responded to the beach at Rogers Park after reports that a child was being neglected.

According to officials, beachgoers called 911 when they noticed a small child, approximately 2-years-old, playing in the water unsupervised and falling off picnic tables.

Deputies interviewed witnesses at the park who described the woman caring for the child, stating that she was dancing around acting erratically. Deputies located the woman nearby, but when they approached her she started walking towards the park exit. When deputies finally made contact with her, they noticed the woman’s strange behavior and determined that she was under the influence of some kind of intoxicant.

Deputies brought the woman back to the picnic table and located a brown paper bag containing a metal spoon, syringe, and an open Suboxone package. Suboxone is a combination of buprenorphine and naloxone which is used to treat narcotic (opiate) addiction.

During a check of the child’s wellbeing, deputies discovered that the child was not wearing a diaper but was wearing underwear filled with feces.

Deputies contacted the Department of Children and Families who responded and placed the child in the care of a family member.

The woman, 28-year-old Erica Nicole Donaldson was taken into custody and charged with one count of child neglect.

During the investigation, a male subject identified as 32-year-old Christopher Michael Bruner returned from a trip to the store and was subsequently charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.

Bruner remains behind bars on a $1,000 bond – Donaldson on a $2,000 bond.

The case remains under investigation, according to officials.

Drugs

Comments
  • Thankfully have heard that this sweet little boy is safe with people who love and adore him …. hopefully this arrest will make it possible for them never to be able to see him again

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 7:38 am
    • That’s great news !!!!!

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 11:23 am
  • I happen to know the woman here. I’ve known her since she was 13. She has had a lot of real difficult things to deal with in the past 8-10 years or so. I didn’t know that she had got so bad with the drugs so I am super shocked and disappointed to see this story about her.I will be saying prayers for her and her kids.(she has 2 boys). She used to be so Intelligent & beautiful. I seriously hope she will return back to that again real soon.

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 2:01 am
  • Who or why anyone would GO to Rogers park…it’s a cesspool with cesspool people…friggin trailer trash is all that go there…can’t wait for the spring hill talkers to chime in…

Tuesday, 21 July 2015, 7:26 pm
    • I live about a mile from there, and I even won’t go there !!!! I just jump off my dock and swim in the canal. Pine Island isn’t bad, you can still go there and keep your self respect.

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 4:37 am
  • Remember people, it’s all about choices,
    and when everyone wants to point a finger remember you got 3 more pointing right back at yourselves!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, 21 July 2015, 4:00 pm
  • God bless all magic is possible!

god bless all magic is possiblesend

Tuesday, 21 July 2015, 2:38 pm
  • Well kiddos it’s like this as long as people keep believing in the fantasy world the government created to keep them blind the only change you can expect to see things getting worse ,the war on drugs is a multibillion dollar industry that needs drugs on the street so don’t look for a change ever , it’s just the other side of the drug business or is it. And for the children there are to many to count.

Tuesday, 21 July 2015, 9:30 am
  • They 2 definitely on meth..can easily tell just by looking at em. WOW smh.

Tuesday, 21 July 2015, 5:39 am
  • Its sad,I use to go there as a kid,so many good memories… Now you go there and every 3rd person i s a meth head..its sad we can’t go anywhere in pasco or Hernando without seeing something like this.

Tuesday, 21 July 2015, 2:07 am
  • Disgusting…

Tuesday, 21 July 2015, 1:50 am
  • Who let the trash out..whowhowho!!!

Tuesday, 21 July 2015, 12:15 am
  • It is not the jobs or the lack of them or the wage being paid!! I have many friends and some are out of work some have low paying jobs but none of them are METH HEADS like these two people and the sores they have all over, not just their faces!! We could say the same things back in the 60s and 70s ! The no job and no money problem and the PCP, ACID and shake and bake drugs but here we still are! The world is not going to end anytime soon. These are just two pcs of white trash! Every color/race have this type of trash, they just have different names for them.

Monday, 20 July 2015, 10:56 pm
    • DAMN, you just gave me flashbacks……LOL

Tuesday, 21 July 2015, 9:07 am
  • Someone should have hung them with the volleyball net! Put em out of our misery!

Monday, 20 July 2015, 10:13 pm
  • Hmmm, an appropriate bond for a change.would be nice to see mother in drug court, seems to have a positive impact

Monday, 20 July 2015, 9:49 pm
  • Apparently they did get help probably on the taxpayers dime. How else did they get the Saboxone prescribed and bought? Guess it’s not working.

Monday, 20 July 2015, 9:23 pm
  • How sad for this child and how sad for the parents! Our society today is getting worse and worse. Low paying jobs, or no jobs at all, people cannot afford to go to college and even if they do, there are no damn jobs! Kids graduating from high school compared to other countries, are so far behind and are basically way under educated! The American Dream has long be taken away from us and is for only the elite few! And people wonder why our citizens are falling apart at the seams!! We as a society should all be ashamed of ourselves for allowing our so called Politicians to ruin our country!! And just don’t go blaming one person, (Mr. Obama), because this problem has been going on for years before he took office!! People better Wake the Hell Up, because it is only going to get worse, and you will be seeing a lot more of this horrible stuff happening to our children!!

Monday, 20 July 2015, 9:14 pm
    • Very well stated!

Monday, 20 July 2015, 9:38 pm
    • No job so you do drugs and neglect a child??? Seems more like selfish choices to me. Blame society and not the ones making the the wrong choices.

Tuesday, 21 July 2015, 6:43 am
    • I am a single mom to 3 boys and I work and go to college. Guess what I dont do drugs. Its a matter of choices. If you can afford drugs you can afford to better yourself. No excuse for their behavior.

Tuesday, 21 July 2015, 12:09 pm
    • “Kids graduating from high school compared to other countries, are so far behind and are basically way under educated! ” Really, you want to go there ?? When I brought my daughter down here from Massachusetts she was 13, 8th grade. She got in a LOT of trouble because she was bored. Everything they were teaching her she already learned in FIFTH grade up north. So, you’re NOT talking about other COUNTRIES, you’re talking about other states, right here, in the damn US !!!! They had to jump my daughter TWO grades, smack dab into high school at 13, she adjusted and graduated with a 4.0 GPA, went to college, on MY dime (and I’m a single mom, husband died in 1998 in Mass.) and she has a GREAT career and a beautiful family. It seems YOU can’t afford to put your kids through school, IF they graduated high school, so you blame the COUNTRY ??? REALLY ???? I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired of the excuses I hear and read about the younger population. You think it might have something to do with their OWN poor choices ??? My daughter is now 28 and I’d STILL kick her a** if I EVER thought she was doing anything stupid. Italian moms roll like that !!!!

Tuesday, 21 July 2015, 12:37 pm
      • Good job, Mom! I had a similar experience. I noticed it when we moved from Oklahoma, and I also noticed that many parents aren’t involved, never worked with their kids at home, and they don’t pay attention to what changes the various governments are making in our schools.

Tuesday, 21 July 2015, 8:07 pm
  • My wife and I would adopt this child in a heartbeat. I simply cannot stand someone abusing or neglecting a child.

Monday, 20 July 2015, 8:48 pm
  • Sorry but that is not all they are doing!! Those be some METH Sores!!!

Monday, 20 July 2015, 8:44 pm
  • Some people don’t deserve to be parents my opinion only…..sad

Monday, 20 July 2015, 8:27 pm
    • That’s always been my opinion also. You’re not alone in thinking like that.

Monday, 20 July 2015, 8:49 pm
  • Sad sad sad all the way around…. awesome job of pedestrians watching and caring enough to call for some help…. and awesome job HCSO!!!!! Prayers for this situation, pray that Mom gets help, and prayers to the ones that have the little boy…..

Monday, 20 July 2015, 8:26 pm
  • Thanks, I was wondering why I heard sirens flying down Shoal Line. I don’t go that beach, I just jump off my dock. But, damn, if I were there, I’d be going to jail also for f*cking up that drug addict “mother”. The cops never come down here unless for an accident at the corner of Shoal Line and Richards, that corner is wicked bad.

Monday, 20 July 2015, 8:15 pm
  • Is there no limit to the amount of Dirt Bags walking around Hernando County.

Monday, 20 July 2015, 7:52 pm
  • They are both very lucky that nothing horrible happened to that child.

Monday, 20 July 2015, 7:52 pm
  • Hopefully they will get some help…

Monday, 20 July 2015, 7:32 pm
  • Praying for that baby. These two addicted animals are that babies role models, it’s too late, they are creating a copy of themselves with this child.
    DCF better hurry…if this is how the child is treated in public, what happens behind closed doors?
    I can save an abused shelter dog for $50, but I can do absolutely nothing for this small child. I am praying the right thing is done for this baby.

Monday, 20 July 2015, 7:23 pm
  • Wow, that poor child, I k ow the system isn’t all that great but that child is in a better place and let’s hope and pray a family member if there is any step in and take that child if they are fit to do so.

Monday, 20 July 2015, 7:03 pm