; ;

Woman’s Purse Stolen in Smash and Grab Vehicle Burglary, Possibly Second Today

SPRING HILL – Deputies are searching for a suspect who broke into a woman’s car and stole her purse just minutes ago.

The victim, Elizabeth Brownell, tells RNRF that she ran into her model center located on Beryl Road (Palmwood Builders), when a red SUV pulled up next to her car. Brownell says she was inside less than 5 minutes, when she looked out and noticed a “flash of her purse” being taken from her car window. Before she could make it outside to catch the suspect, Brownell says she was already gone.

Brownell says the first three letters of the suspect vehicle’s tag is BRV.

The suspect broke the passenger side window to access the victim’s purse.

The vehicle was last seen headed southbound from the scene of the crime and has yet to be located.

There are unconfirmed reports that the suspect vehicle may be the same one used in an earlier smash and grab vehicle burglary.

• My wife wears a fanny pack and believe it or not, no one has ever tried to take it. I do feel bad though because women are always looking at my wife and you can see the jealousy all over their faces

Friday, 2 March 2018, 10:32 pm
  • It’s best not to leave any valuables in a motor vehicle But when it must be done, those valuables should be in the trunk or at least out of sight.

Friday, 2 March 2018, 1:52 pm
  • Good point Joanne, Qunesha, also Oh No, SadlyI don’t see anything other than the same…….GETTING WORSE! I have always told practically every woman I’ve ever known to put your valuables cards,cash etc. in your front pocket, then sling your purse on your shoulder….at least if they snatch it hopefully all they get is maybe lipstick, breath mints??

Friday, 2 March 2018, 9:27 am
  • I stopped carrying a purse when I go out. I carry one of those “wrist purses”, and before I even get out of the car, I put it on my wrist. True, while those types of purses are not that large, it does carry my credit cards, a small amount of cash, my glasses and my cell phone. For shopping, that’s all I need. I don’t know why women still leave their purses in their cars, there have been so many of those incidents happening, you would think that women, (especially), would learn from all of the reports of the purse robberies.

Thursday, 1 March 2018, 9:28 pm
  • Last night they took down a car thief in a stolen truck at the gas stations on commercial way. He was mental. Those are your criminals. Pay attention.

Thursday, 1 March 2018, 9:27 pm
  • Unfortunately, the criminals are called mental. So look at who are classified as mental, and there you have your criminals. Book coming out soon.

Thursday, 1 March 2018, 9:23 pm
  • Piece of sh!t thieves,I’d like to put an ice pick in their earhole!

Thursday, 1 March 2018, 6:58 pm
  • So Sick of these low life, don’t wanna work,drug addict, scumbags, self entitled,lazy, taken and stealing from us out here grinding out our bread n butter! i just had my debit compromised and rat bastards got me for $297.00, my bad for trusting my debit at a local gas pump, ( mobile @ mariner and hearth rd. TWICE! ) learned my lesson on debits @ pumps, so they (skimmed me) and filled what appears to be multi vehicles up with gas on my dime @ racetrac and wawa in Tampa! 3 fill ups in 3 days, while i was WORKING………… in spr.hill, believe me i’m not done i actually have an idea who,what, where, i’m working on it and hope the cops get you before i do. dam sick of scum! time to go BETH’Y HERE!!

Thursday, 1 March 2018, 6:36 pm
    • same thing happened, filled up at that same mobil, and days later multiple charges from racetrac and wawa in tampa somewhere. I wouldnt doubt if they are in on it since it continues to happen

Friday, 2 March 2018, 9:38 pm
  • Dont leave it in the car simple..

Thursday, 1 March 2018, 6:12 pm
    • Yep your right its the victims fault

Thursday, 1 March 2018, 9:23 pm
      • She does share some of the blame. It’s not right that it happened, but we all know there are people out there that do stuff like this.

Friday, 2 March 2018, 2:34 am
      • @Paul, yep there will always be thieves, that is WHY you never leave valuables in your car. Think she looks old enough to have known this. So she is to blame. No sympathy here for her. Hope they catch the thief tho.

Friday, 2 March 2018, 11:57 am
      • Yup paul

Friday, 2 March 2018, 3:53 pm
  • As the drug problem gets worse we will see more of this type of crime.

Thursday, 1 March 2018, 5:56 pm