Women 19, and 25 Found Unresponsive from Suspected Drug Overdoses

SPRING HILL – Earlier this morning RNRF received information that two young women were found unconscious and not breathing at separate locations around Spring Hill.

The first incident occurred at 4553 Collins Road, where witnesses say a 25-year-old woman was dropped off in the front yard and was unresponsive. Sources say a syringe and a bottle containing an unknown liquid was located on the ground next to the woman. She was transported to Oak Hill Hospital where her condition remains unknown.

The second incident occurred at a residence on Mission Way, where a 19-year-old female was found unresponsive and transported to a local hospital for treatment. There are reports that the victim overdosed on Methadone, but officials have not confirmed that information.

Lt. Burzumato with the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office says “Overdoses in general are treated as a person in need of medical assistance.  In some instances the patient may succumb to the overdose, in which case the SO would work the case as an unattended death.  In yesterday’s instances, both patients, were alive, however in medical distress, which required immediate medical attention.  Both patients were transported to local hospitals for treatment.  If the patients expire at the hospital the SO will work closely with the hospital and the ME to determine the exact cause of death which may eventually lead to criminal charges if an offense is discovered.”

Although both cases have similar details and were reported nearly simultaneously, it is unknown if they are related in any way.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

drug-1 drug-2 drug-3

Comments
  • You’ve never heard or seen this preacher man ask for a donation brother. Never will! Totally self sufficient, thank you. And I love rock and roll.

Saturday, 29 October 2016, 11:08 am
  • I will say prayers for these girls and their families. Just sayin= have you ever sat by your child’s bedside when they were on the brink of death? Well I have and NOT FROM DRUGS. It was horrific, but with the grace of GOD he made it. I wouldn’t wish that on ANY parent, regardless of the circumstances. Your love should be unconditional no matter what the circumstances. BE well and may your children be blessed with your unconditional love.in any situation.

Thursday, 27 October 2016, 2:33 pm
    • @ Just Sayin’ …..For you to wish death on your own child, makes you the
      lowest of the lows piece if sh*t…You are in the same category with a
      sexual predator/child molester!!!!
      A loving parent loves their child unconditionally, even if they commit
      murder! We may not like what they did, but we still love them!
      You really are a piece of SH*t, in fact you are worse than a POS!!!!

Friday, 28 October 2016, 12:50 am
  • I’m sorry you have that opinion.
    I suffered from this “sickness” for many years and am proof that you’re opinion is quite incorrect.

Passing judgement on your brothers and sisters is a terrible thing to do. You’ll never understand until you have been in their shoes.

Thursday, 27 October 2016, 2:31 pm
    • ” Preacher man talkin’ on the T.V. , puttin’ down rock-n-roll, wants me to send a donation cause he’s worried about my soul……he said ” Jesus walked on the water ” and I know that it’s true, but sometimes I think that preacher man would like to do a little walkin’ too………”

Saturday, 29 October 2016, 1:15 am
  • We need to quit wasting resources on these people. I know it’s harsh but, they are overwhelming first responders all over the U.S. These people obviously want to die, so let them. I get that some people think it’s a “sickness” but IF it is, it is uncurable. It is sad, and I feel for their families. But, I’d rather have no daughter, than a junkie daughter.

Thursday, 27 October 2016, 1:33 pm
    • @ Just Sayin’ …..For you to wish death on your own child, makes you the
      lowest of the lows piece if sh*t…You are in the same category with a
      sexual predator/child molester!!!!
      A loving parent loves their child unconditionally, even if they commit
      murder! We may not like what they did, but we still love them!
      You really are a piece of SH*t, in fact you are worse than a POS!!!!

Friday, 28 October 2016, 12:46 am
  • Prayers sent brother.
    Apologizing is never necessary.

Thursday, 27 October 2016, 11:50 am
  • All were found in heavy drug dealing neighborhoods

Wednesday, 26 October 2016, 11:19 pm
  • Who cares if you can see their tattoo, piercing weird hair color doesn’t prevent them from doing their job or saving someone’s life.

Wednesday, 26 October 2016, 8:00 pm
  • I wish all these dip sh*t junkies would take themselves out. F***ing burden on society.

Wednesday, 26 October 2016, 7:40 pm
  • Sorry, I’ve never heard of doing such a thing.
    My ignorance on the use of drugs shows in this case I suppose.
    My question is why would they want to make it less potent? Sounds like their ignorance is showing, as if it wasn’t already by doing the drugs in the first place but that can be blamed on the addiction of course.

Appreciate those prayers brother. We all need them.

Wednesday, 26 October 2016, 4:22 pm
    • I dont know why maybe cause its cheaper and they will shoot anything. I apologies for speaking like that send some prayers my way. Blessed

Thursday, 27 October 2016, 8:26 am
  • Pray that these women get the help they need

Wednesday, 26 October 2016, 3:15 pm
  • Shooting methadone? Doubtful.
    BTW, that tattoo could be from his military days, or something that innocent. Should he not be considered for this difficult job because of it?

Wednesday, 26 October 2016, 1:35 pm
    • It comes in liquid so they do here pills doubtful, but yes they shoot methadone and military cant have showing tattoos either unless were already there source DEPT OF DEFENCE on tattoo, methadone still good ? Looked it up you are right wont nreak down from pill form but they still do, source cdc, fda, dea, and some x junkies.

Wednesday, 26 October 2016, 4:05 pm
  • Something sounds wrong with the situation. Why would she be laying in the yard with a bottle and needle dropped off that way? Who dropped her off? Something is fishy!

Wednesday, 26 October 2016, 10:53 am
  • This brings me to my next point: Don’t. smoke. crack.

Wednesday, 26 October 2016, 10:01 am
    • I’m sorry but you seem to be mistaken. Crack isn’t administered via a syringe therefore it would have not be involved in this story since a syringe was found next to the young sister and the other was believed to have overdosed on Methadone.

I don’t mean to correct but we should try to keep the story correct so as to not start incorrect rumors.

Have a blessed day.

Wednesday, 26 October 2016, 1:02 pm
      • WRONG they break the crack back down with vinegar and shoot nastyness into them selfs vinegar causing all kind of infections and make the crack less potent than smoking FACT don’t understand nor care but you lose preacherman. No real preacher would even get involved with gossip false prophet TRY AGAIN. God bless you will pray for you.

Wednesday, 26 October 2016, 3:57 pm
  • wow i dont know whats more interesting. the story or the fact people get so easily side tracked and excited by one comment..lol its a serious story and some one throws a random comment and every one rushes over and sniffs it over and over… oh yeah btw overdoses… just saying..

Wednesday, 26 October 2016, 12:50 am
    • Thats the point see how quick can change the topic works every time

Wednesday, 26 October 2016, 8:40 am
  • This to me is a very sad and unfortunate situation. My prayers go out to those girls and their families. As for Ye Almighty Dr. Mexico I do hope you put that abbreviation before your name and I sure pray to the Lord that you do not possess a REAL medical degree because I have read many opinions from simple minded people. And yours ranks right up there in the top 5% of complete idiots.

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 9:01 pm
  • Well said Tammy g, JJ maybe they updated their standards to be more with the times. INK doesn’t make you a bad person.,, also well said ALWAYS,,, Theresa L Fagan that was really uncalled for. …Dr. Mexico you are NOT that good at it…..Crazy B. more info needed….. Beth again well said…inclusive ding ding ding you are the winner. unfortunately you are correct too….joanne these two will have there so called friends bringing them drugs in the hospital to shoot up in the bathroom , I HOPE THE NURSES AT OAK HILL ARE READING THIS… GiGi you win the prize.

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 8:44 pm
  • You all have to realize, If they live, chances are they will do it again!, It’s an addiction!, Crack heads just what more crack, heroin addicts just what more heroin, and so on, they live for it.(sort of)

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 7:45 pm
  • 4553 Collins Road is a well known drug house. IMO Doubtful she was dropped off.

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 7:07 pm
  • I don’t think this person was minimizing the hard work law enforcement perform, or the fact that 2 young women are fighting for their lives. They were simple stating how times have changed. Lighten the hell up and let people say what they want. You are all so quick to fry someone. Pick you battles people!

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 7:06 pm
  • Like someone said there are people out there covered in tattoos and are very well educated with great career’s and Hugh hearts and yes the ones wearing the cross or acting like they do no wrong are some of the nastiest people! Stop being so damn judgemental and that’s a Hugh part of what’s wrong with society today.. On another note being a recovering addict and clean for a lil over 10 months and seeing hell I truly pray these women and everyone else traped in the dark pits of hell rise above it all and see there’s so much more to live for! I pray they are okay and get thru this and seek help.. Only they can want it..

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 6:33 pm
    • Good for you giving. Keep up the good work. Lord be her light to help her to continue forward with her recovery. I will he praying for you gigi.

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 7:45 pm
  • I also hope these girls survive and get the help they need. I noticed the tattoo also, but who really cares. People are so judgmental. And I am sure it is not seen when he doesn’t have his arms up. Big deal!

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 6:14 pm
  • I,M SO SORRY FOR THE FAMILIES OF THESE YOUNG WOMEN .I HOPE THAT THE HOSPITAL STAFF CAN ASSIST IN BRING THEM BACK FROM THE BRINK OF DEATH.MY GOD BE WITH THEM AND THEIR FAMILIES.

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 6:08 pm
    • Amen!

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 9:29 pm
  • I am out of pity for drug users. Set a room let them od and be done with it. You cant jelp stupid and tired of f [ting the bill forr these fools.

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 5:57 pm
  • Who cares that these females have overdosed. If they knew how to find the drugs and how to use them, they would also know the risks. They overdosed. If they live, it would surprise me if they learn a lesson. My guess is they will continue using.

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 5:54 pm
  • Dr Mexico, go screw yourself, you’re an idiot

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 5:20 pm
  • what diffence does it make if they have a tatto some people are unbelievable sometimes you people have no life always have to comment about somethingget a life hoping these 2 girls make it and hopfully get help

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 5:02 pm
    • I don’t feel sorry for drug username

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 5:32 pm
    • Ok Hillary

Wednesday, 26 October 2016, 8:36 am
  • You really have to be crazy to to become involved with drugs, What are these people thinking?

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 4:56 pm
    • Alot of addicts are self-medicating for other issues i think. Issues they don’t always realize they have!

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 5:11 pm
      • @ 19 & 25, I’d say They are addicted to drugs

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 7:40 pm
        • Thats an assumption! Plenty of HS aged kids have depression & anxiety, bipolar etc and then become adults who self medicate because they dont have insurance! Then thwy DO become addicts! Part of the problem in this country! And we all know florida mental health system is horrible!

Wednesday, 26 October 2016, 9:02 am
  • What does having a tattoo have to do with a person doing his job. Dumbass comment .

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 4:56 pm
    • I make dumb ass comments because I am so good at them.

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 5:14 pm
      • @Dr. Mexico Good at being a Dumb

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 7:38 pm
      • Most likely the ONLY thing you are good at. Trust me you aren’t that good.

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 7:54 pm
      • At least you know you’re a jerk, but I’m sure everyone will continue to tell you.

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 8:56 pm
  • such a sad situation, these poor girls need help. I cant believe how the drug issue is out of control. on another note… Dr. Mexico, who cares if he has a tattoo? not to mention, it probably is covered when his arms are not up in the air. smh some people have nothing better to complain about.

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 4:55 pm
  • i see HCSO standards are rapidly dipping. used to be no tattoo can be visible wearing your uniform, how times have changed.

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 4:38 pm
    • Sometimes the people with tatoos will be the kindest folks you meet. And sometimes the peeps wearing a cross won’t be… Judging someone without knowing anything about them, really says more about you.

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 4:56 pm
      • he is not bashing the person but the standards of how the department has changed.

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 5:56 pm
      • All the peeps that do drugs where rosaries around there neck ……..ur point wit the tattoo

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 6:03 pm
        • Hahaha now thats stupid and you should stay away from that box color ugh

Wednesday, 26 October 2016, 8:33 am
      • Sooooooo true

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 9:45 pm
    • Two people have overdosed and you’re worried about a tattoo, how low you have dipped

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 4:56 pm
      • Exactly. He will be the first one I deport after the election.

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 5:12 pm
        • please shut up!!!!!! The Donald!! Please just shut up! You sound so ignorant you do not have the power to transplant a tree much less deport PLEASE SHUT UP!!

Wednesday, 26 October 2016, 9:17 am
          • PLEASE put your opinion where the sun doesn’t shine.

Wednesday, 26 October 2016, 3:48 pm
    • Really, that is the comment you leave? Tattoo showing, really??

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 5:20 pm
    • These men risk their lives daily and all you can do is condemn them? That is the sad fact.

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 5:25 pm
    • Dude shut up. Whenever you need help, PLEASE don’t call 911 since you think their tattoos bother you so much. He’s doing his job and nothing is wrong with his tattoo. It’s not profane and it’s not offensive. Grow up or get out of our county if you can’t support our law enforcement.

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 5:25 pm
    • Who cares if he has a tattoo showing does that somehow impead his ability to do his job

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 5:33 pm
      • No it’s a damn rule cover um, we have to follow the hypocritical laws.

Wednesday, 26 October 2016, 8:01 am
    • Your a Jack Who cares about a tattoo?

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 5:46 pm
    • Really? That’s what you get from this… a police officer that has a tattoo. Wow, he risks his life to keep us safe and you judge his tattoo???? Wow, I bet you’re a Trump supporter too.

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 6:08 pm
    • Fully understand what you are saying. Those are the old days. Some of the kindest people I have met have had tats while more of those who profess to be Christians are exactly the opposite of what they try to portray.
      Thank you to our first responders for helping these two lost souls. I hope this opens their eyes and they see who their true friends are (hint: it’s not the junkie friends of theirs).

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 6:19 pm
    • what do tattoos have to do with a persons profession?

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 6:31 pm
    • I guess that must make him less of an officer? Really….get a life!

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 7:06 pm
    • That’s all you get from this story: TATTOO’S ???

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 7:32 pm
    • Who the he’ll gives a shi!#×++. If a tattoo is showing on a deputy who is investigating a possible drug overdose. People this is the least of our worries here in hernando county.

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 7:35 pm
      • Until they start wearing swastikas. ?

Wednesday, 26 October 2016, 8:13 am
    • what does that have to do with these two girls O.D.. At least he is trying to help..

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 7:58 pm
    • I’m sure if you ever need your life saved by these men you won’t care if they have tattoos or not.

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 8:55 pm
    • I’m with u Dr. Mexico if u have a tattoo don’t help me
      Vote trump
      Build that wall

Wednesday, 26 October 2016, 12:23 am
    • Dr. Mexico you really are an uneducated individual and I think the HCSO ARE WORTHLESS and I even think your statement lowered all of our IQ’s just reading it. TWO PEOPLE OVERDOSED that’s the story not TRUMP from the fellow idiot bellows comment YOU NEED TO READ SOMETHING MORE THAN RNRF please get educated!

Wednesday, 26 October 2016, 9:15 am
  • Sad situation.
    Praying for these ladies and their families and friends.

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 4:21 pm