Numerous Deputies Response to Incident at NCT – Misunderstanding Say Officials

UPDATE: 2/29/2016, 4:19 P.M. – Hernando County Sheriff’s Office Spokesperson, Denise Moloney, says the incident at NCT was “…a misunderstanding between two adults, regarding statements that were made.” School Administrators have not responded to our request for comment.

BROOKSVILLE – Nature Coast Technical High School and Chocachatti Elementary were requested to be placed on temporary lock-down today, after an incident at NCT prompted the response of numerous Sheriff’s Deputies, according to our sources.

Officials are not commenting at this time; however, there are unconfirmed reports that at least one person was taken into custody behind the football field.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

sco 2 sco 3 sco1

Comments
  • Also let me clear up a few things here, i do not hate police by any mean i have a great respect for them and the job they do everyday,and i do believe that for the most part the majority of law enforcement are good people and want to do good things.and in hind sight i guess i did bash them as a whole,and i am sorry for that,but my problem is not with deputys directly it is more with leaders like the sheriff himself,i would not even be as concerned with the wasted man power that responded to this incedent,if there was not a much larger concern of a dangerous felon running loose on the streets in the neighborhood my children live play and go to school in,its more that i am upset with the way the sheriffs office handles business,for me i started getting upset and disliking the sheriff when he was asking for more money and it wasent going his way,his handling of that situation,not the request for the money the way he did it,I want to know how long he knew about nick nicholsons hookers and drug situation before he conventily let it out when he wasent getting his way.how many other cover ups does he know about?and also for the record i think nick is asleezebag.its also weird timimg all these crazy drug busts to justify the money its all the timing and childish behavior i am against,its blatent cover ups we read about all the time.i also think all our elected officials need to be looked at,just the meeting alone,al knew about nicholson long before that time he leaked it, and covered it up for how long?and i dont remember who he was talking to but i believe he was serious about taking him to berns steakhouse im also sure it will be charged on a tax payer funded credit card and by the way and tone of his voice that is the norm,eatting at high dollar fancy resturants and not even in hernando but hillsboro so whos paying for that gas wear and tear of cars ect.im sure we are.its the way he shows us that he is spending the money wise by showing us a piddly picture of a embarrasing amount of drugs recovered after a joint task force was formed to justify his spending.also i am all for giving our deputys state of the art anything if it helps them remain safe and effective as possible.but i would also like to see better training and hiring policys and the hcso,again not all but there are some bad officers like anything else they are people,but some of them are just kids giving too much authroity too young and it goes to their heads.but any way i am not against the officers its the loose nut behind the wheell im concerned over.they are just too hush hush about everything and i dont like the way this town blatently gives special treatment to the good ol boys right in our faces.and whats good for the goose aint good for the gander around here.

Saturday, 5 March 2016, 10:56 am
  • Oh and forked your still an a$$hole that has yet to change!

Saturday, 5 March 2016, 9:56 am
  • If you look at the pictures just whats in them plus im sure there are more that were not photographed, i count 7 police veichles,so at least 7 officers to respond to an argument,not a fist fight no gun shots adults raising their voices, if you dont think thats out of control while a pedophile is running around you need your head examined,and if i have some typos cause im using a tablet and my fingers hit the wrong key sometimes upsets you more then the main problems here,you also should have your head checked.just saying

Saturday, 5 March 2016, 9:54 am
  • Oh you guys are right,so tell me again where the pedophile is,what a week later? oh still on the streets thats right.imstill have not seen a chopper looking for his car that we have a plate number and description of.but a hammer we form a army and fly around in a chopper to find and that was like 3 days after the fact.i guess if we live in place where people are so stupid that they would rather see a entire police for respond to a argument and not looking for a child molester then we are all doomed

Saturday, 5 March 2016, 9:45 am
  • There is perfect, there is normal and then there is “just saying”. Then, there is a block of concrete. Sorry concerned but your first post was pretty rough. Surely you see that now.

Tuesday, 1 March 2016, 9:05 pm
  • Yes rolling my eyes you are so right. It gets ridiculous after awhile.All the perfect people, where do they all come from?? Focus people focus.Smh

Tuesday, 1 March 2016, 8:27 pm
  • Guess my first conclusion about just saying was correct!

Tuesday, 1 March 2016, 7:44 pm
  • I know. We all got phone calls from the school voice machine. They just inform you that Chocahatti was on a twenty minute lock down and its ok now…um what? my son is in k there. come on guys.

Tuesday, 1 March 2016, 7:26 pm
  • OW, like I said in my first comment, you can verbally assault people and we will classify you as a thug.

Tuesday, 1 March 2016, 6:31 pm
  • Sorry OW, but I am not the same person as “just saying says”. Had you bothered to read my comment without trying to tie me to this unintelligent person who has no command of the english language you would have realized my comment was completely different in cadence, structure, etc. than just saying. Had you READ my comment you might have realized that I am a college educated grandma. I apologized for the few mistakes I made and they were nothing even remotely to the mistakes of just saying. Would you like me to comment on your, uh hum grammar?

Tuesday, 1 March 2016, 6:28 pm
  • Let’s focus on the damned story instead of trying to figure out who does and who doesn’t have an education. Come on people, grow up and quit acting like elementary kids.

Tuesday, 1 March 2016, 6:17 pm
  • @Just saying. *that’s *rapist *didn’t *themselves *figures *there’s *i’ll *dispute *figuring *whose *felon *won’t *you’re. These were some of your spelling mistakes, outside of all of your missing punctuation and capitalization errors. Maybe you should focus on more your education before putting down people who are doing their jobs. You know nothing of the situation, and on top of that “the violent rapist” MAY be in Spring Hill, but they do not know. You can’t hold of sending to police to disturbances just because someone may be in town.

Tuesday, 1 March 2016, 2:12 pm
  • For everyone saying custodians: it was athletic turf maintenance. Completely different.

Tuesday, 1 March 2016, 2:06 pm
  • Obviously based on cadence, spelling, grammar and punctuation, “Concerned” is the same person as “Just Saying”. Please understand that your horrendous butchering of the English language makes most of what you write unintelligible. The parts of what you wrote that I could decipher are unfortunately uninformed and irrational drivel. Are you saying that the Sherriff’s office should NOT respond to what they understood to be a threat at one of our schools because there are more important things they could be doing like (As you stated – I think) there is a boogey man out randomly raping kids (Who would mostly be at schools)? After that idiotic thought, your post devolved into some really incomprehensible mess about a hammer and meth heads.

I don’t think you should be allowed on the internet or to have an opinion at all really.

PS – Joshua Thomas, did you omit 4 out of 5 necessary punctuation marks as bait???? lol

Tuesday, 1 March 2016, 12:14 pm
  • Im gonna have a sandwich and watch the grammar police I would love to meet you people so you can teach me how to be a better human your all so perfect.

Tuesday, 1 March 2016, 10:29 am
  • Hey just saying did you attend school????…oh wait let me put it in simpler terms……did u at tend skool….c in simplure tirmz u kin reed it nouw….

Tuesday, 1 March 2016, 10:18 am
  • However, Tom did a great job reporting the incident. Please forgive my misspellings in my previous post. I saw them after I submitted my comment. I guess I should have proofread my comment prior to posting. Now the judgmental people will say I’m illiterate. Sorry. Smdh

Tuesday, 1 March 2016, 9:32 am
  • @those who are trying to degrade :just saying says”, the fact of the matter is we may never know exactly what went on but the cops were apprised of the situation prior to going to the school. Based on info I received from a school board member, putting the schools oni lockdown was a great idea based on the situation, better safe than sorry. But the cause was a statement made by one adult to another adult, custodians, one of whom was a custodian from another school. So let me say before all of you who thinks HCSO does a great job start jumping up and down, calling me a criminal, I am not a crimin but I do not blindly support HCSO. The drug task force does a great job taking x own druggies. But most of the everyday patrol guys are junkies for adrenaline. Wait until they drag a frail member of your family out of a car and shove them on the ground injuring that person. Then read the coverup, rewriting reports over and over trying to match each others stories. Then tell me how great these guys are. People please stop drinking the kool aid. I don’t totally agree with what “just saying says” but that individual has the right to espouse their opinion. Just because they misspell a few words or don’t use grammar correctly does not give us the right to assault them verbally. When we do that, that makes us thugs as well.

Tuesday, 1 March 2016, 9:27 am
  • You people are so quick to point fingers and jump to conclusions. And obviously there are enough deputies out and about. I’m pretty sure they even made a statement that they would have more out police out this month.

Monday, 29 February 2016, 11:22 pm
  • Just Saying are you inbred or just a meth head on a keyboard hacking away with no actual brain function ? Please get some help either with the brain deficiencies or grammar and spelling. Your an embarrassment to the human race.

Monday, 29 February 2016, 11:04 pm
  • Well to “Just saying says”, exercise your right to shut your uneducated ,judgmental mouth. You know nothing nor do you have any facts to base your ludicrous remarks upon. You sound like a miserable soul who is just going to shoot off your mouth and discredit the same men and women in uniform you will call upon to save your ass someday from the trouble your big mouth is gonna get you in. Get a life

Monday, 29 February 2016, 10:28 pm
  • Lmfao this is great welcome to the hood

Monday, 29 February 2016, 9:56 pm
  • NCTHS and CES sent out robo calls around 3:30 talking about the lockdown. put your real number down on there and maybe you’d know!

Monday, 29 February 2016, 8:26 pm
  • If you are going to post Just Saying, please… please spell check.

Monday, 29 February 2016, 7:39 pm
  • Thank you to everyone at rnrf for keeping the community informed. As a parent of a child that goes to Chocachatti, I think it’s sad that I had to find out about the lock down through this site and facebook.

Monday, 29 February 2016, 7:28 pm
  • So thats where all the deputies were today,breaking up an argument in the parking lot while a child rapiest is running around town,thank god they diddent put themselfs in harms way looking for a violent felon running around looking for kids.good job boys just what expect from you!like i got to know how hcso figers what to do,phone rings theres a pedophile on the loose in spring hill,then another call 2 custodians are arguing over who cuts the lawn today so al says ok all unit to the custodians,ill call the out the fancy trailer we used for donuts when we were looking for the hammer that was used in a disput between 2 meth heads,hopefully while we are there figering out whos turn it is mow the lawn the mean dangerous fellon will flee on his own and we wont have to deal with him,real courageous guys!your making us all proud

Monday, 29 February 2016, 7:02 pm
  • And so sayeth the Hernando County Court of Public Opinion…….

Monday, 29 February 2016, 6:57 pm
  • I am a student there i was so scared i cryed.

Monday, 29 February 2016, 6:54 pm
  • I can’t stand how the Sheriff’s Office seems to brush things off when it comes to the schools. This makes me want to homeschool my kids more and more.

Monday, 29 February 2016, 5:54 pm
  • Obviously those who are jumping to conclusions and calling people thugs don’t bother to read first. It was reported to be 2 ADULTS. Not students. When adults are behaving that way, then its no wonder the kids do as well.

Monday, 29 February 2016, 5:43 pm
  • Zero tolerance period!

Monday, 29 February 2016, 5:35 pm
  • Thanks for being there to inform us

Monday, 29 February 2016, 4:41 pm
  • Oh, God, yes Woody. Politically correct has been forced down our throats long enough!!!

Monday, 29 February 2016, 4:38 pm
  • Isn’t it time that we take out the punk trouble makers in our schools and let those who want to learn continue on? We have had enough of these mini thugs, I don’t care the color, put-em into reform school, military style.

Monday, 29 February 2016, 4:23 pm
  • I appreciate your news report you have away to keep the community inform good job thank you for your reporting

Monday, 29 February 2016, 4:01 pm
  • It’s Nct.. Not ntc

Monday, 29 February 2016, 3:55 pm
  • I heard that 2 custodians got into a fight in the parking lot.

Monday, 29 February 2016, 3:54 pm