Two Detained in Spring Hill After Brooksville Shooting

UPDATE: 6/1/2016, 11:22 A.M. – The following statement was provided the Brooksville Police Department regarding yesterday’s shooting incident.

At 2:45 pm, Officers responded to a reported shooting at 820 Village Drive, Brooksville, Florida.
Officers discovered that the suspect, Marcus Pickrell and victims were involved in a verbal argument over money own to Pickrell.
During this argument Pickrell pointed a firearm at the victims before firing one round into the air. After the shooting, Pickrell fled the scene in a motor vehicle.
The vehicle description and incident details were relayed over our county-wide communications system and shortly thereafter deputies from the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office located the vehicle and Pickrell in Spring Hill.
The suspects were stopped in the vehicle and detained and later transported to the Brooksville Police Department for questioning.
While still on scene, investigating officers were notified that a citizen in Spring Hill had observed a subject in a vehicle matching the Pickrell throw an item from the vehicle.
A 25 caliber semi-automatic handgun was located in a plastic bag. The recovered weapon matched that of evidence located at the scene of the shooting.
Pickrell was interviewed and subsequently confessed to pointing the gun at the victims, shooting the gun and later throwing the gun out the vehicle window.
As part of the investigation a check of Pickrell’s criminal history revealed that he has several prior felony convictions.
Pickrell was transported to the Hernando County jail without incident and charged with the following.
2 counts of Aggravated Assault with a firearm: Total Bond $4,000 and 1 count of Felon in Possession of a firearm: Bond $10,000
ORIGINAL REPORT
BROOKSVILLE – Less than two hours after a shooting occurred in Brooksville, Sheriff’s Deputies located the suspect vehicle in Spring Hill and detained two occupants.

Details are still sketchy at this time but according to our sources, around 2:30 p.m. Brooksville Police responded to a residence on Village Drive after at least one shot was fired.

There were no reports of injuries or damage to property at the scene.

While en route to the alleged shooters address on Meade Drive, Deputies spotted the vehicle driving eastbound on Spring Hill Drive from Commercial Way.

A felony traffic stop was conducted at Kass Circle in the Hungry Howie’s Parking, where deputies detained a male passenger and female driver without incident.

Deputies were unable to locate the firearm inside the vehicle, but thanks to a witness, the firearm was discovered a short distance away in the yard of a residence on Malone Ave.

Deputies recovered the weapon and transported the suspect back to the Brooksville Police Department for questioning.

It is not known at this time what charges the suspect may be facing.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

Video of the dramatic takedown will be available at a later date.

pickrell

shooty 7

Shooty 1 shooty 2 shooty 3 shooty 4 Shooty 5 Shooty 6 shooty 8

Comments
  • wow u mean to tell me ONLY $4000 bail for agg.asault w/firearm?? please…so you pay $400 bond and get right back out….(I know $10k,for the other charge) that’s WHY we have REPEAT offenders while OUT ON BAIL !

Friday, 3 June 2016, 12:37 pm
  • Got stopped in Hungry Howie’s parking lot…lol…officers..can I get a pizza to go??..

Friday, 3 June 2016, 7:31 am
  • According to the police facebook page she may still be charged. And who are you to tell anyone anything. We live in America and we have freedom of speech thank you!

Thursday, 2 June 2016, 7:19 pm
  • Your should excuse yourself, who the **** are u to know her!! Stop the ******** with her if it was her doings I’m sure she would be in the same spot.

Thursday, 2 June 2016, 10:39 am
  • Crazy b yes she was the driver. Pretty ignorant that it states he admitted to all of it and she says it’s not true. And for the ones defending her, just a little fyi she would be talking crap about a person if it was someone else in her situation. Pathetic piece of work if you ask me.

Thursday, 2 June 2016, 9:18 am
  • Hey Frank was the heavy set lady the driver looks like they neaver missed a meal he will lose some weight at 16425 Sprig Hill Dr.

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 10:40 pm
  • She wasn’t convicted of anything the truth was let out

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 7:47 pm
  • The young lady pictured had nothing to do with this incident and sadly is being slandered by people who don’t know anything. Why are people so quick to judge? She is a good person!!! Now as for the guy pictured he is the criminal and he deserve what LE is going to do to him.

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 7:44 pm
  • ALF you are a moron.

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 7:04 pm
  • Well basketball head felon with a gun, you’re a real looser, and I hope this time they put you away for a very long time. What’s up with the woman, she wasn’t arrested, did he kidnap her, what?? Just along for the ride, yep I am nosey, Good Job hcso

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 7:01 pm
  • Commonsense? , crime doesn’t take a day off anywhere!

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 4:57 pm
  • These were my neighborz litterly like 5 house’s down

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 4:54 pm
  • My God, Doesn’t Crime Ever Take a Day Off Around Here.

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 2:02 pm
  • Glad they have updated .. yes I’m good thank God!! God was watching over me

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 1:43 pm
  • I don’t think there is anything wrong with pounding a gun at someone who owes money especially in defense, honestly I would have wiped the prints off and denied the gun part all the way and never throw out a window, in a child zone that was no good. Lynn you okay? They didn’t throw you down right?

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 12:39 pm
  • Hey “Lynn” the dumbass confessed to being at the scene, pointing the gun, firing the gun then throwing the gun out the window of the car. That is pretty much the whole story, what part is the not true that you are referring too?

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 12:17 pm
  • Innocent until proven guilty . People have no idea an just assume things they have no idea about.more than half this story is not true

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 11:21 am
    • kinda like yourself

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 12:31 pm
    • Really thats why you didnt take the extra time to enlighten the masses reading it ? Must have been guilty of something. Ran, threw the gun out the window.

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 1:32 pm
  • Another Great Job by the HCSD. Keep the heat up and please be safe. We care the ones that work the streets Dont Care.

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 7:09 am
  • Few details. The idiots sped into a cul de sac where half a dozen small kids play, fired shots, and sped out. Numerous people saw car/heard shots & called 911. LE arrived within minutes & wasted no time getting pertinent information, thus the dirtbags were arrested rapidly. Could speculate on motive but wont. We let LE discover & disclose that. May justice be served.

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 6:03 am
  • 26 responses to this article and only 5 responses to the salute to our servicemen and heroes who have and are serving our Country. This is Pathetic. What happened to all the so called Veterans who post responses on RNRF. Did you all miss that article Tom posted? What a damn shame.

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 11:28 pm
  • That Belgian Malinois is carrying some serious hardware! He is wired, check out the pic closely. Handler should have let him get in some work! Big targets!

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 10:45 pm
  • I love that their 4 legged friends have the officers back. Good job, thanks for helping our community to be a safer place and risking your lives each and every day.

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 10:33 pm
  • LEO needs to come down on that side of spring hill like Gods wrath, I have elderly parents living in that side of the Hills for over 30 years and it has declined so much it’s sad.

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 10:33 pm
  • Is that girl Chelsea Snyder?

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 10:27 pm
    • yeah

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 8:00 pm
  • Outstanding HCSO glad nobody did not get shot now for the dirt bag why would you throw the gun out what would have happened if a child found it O that’s right you don’t give about anything

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 10:23 pm
  • And 100’s more behind them! 2 at a time, 4 at a time, raids net 8 to 12 at a time. It’s going to take years to clean up Hernando County.

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 9:53 pm
  • I have experienced a felony traffic stop. It is not pleasant. They weren’t looking for me, it was a case of mistaken identity as my vehicle fit the description of the vehicle they were looking for. I get pulled over, I’m like… OK, don’t think I violated any traffic laws, wasn’t speeding, all of a sudden there’s three cop cars behind me and someone is on a loud speaker saying “driver, put your left arm out of the window so we can see it and turn the vehicle off.” I did. “Now throw the keys out of the window and put your other arm out of the window.” Ummmm? I see guns drawn and pointed at me…. officers surrounded my vehicle with guns drawn asking me “where’s the gun?” WHAT?????? Also I had my dog in the car, a big dog. She was still a puppy though. They yank me out of the car and shove me to my knees and tell me to keep my hands on my head. My dog, scared, jumps out of the window and starts running across three lanes of traffic towards the interstate on-ramp… out of instinct, I jump to my feet to run after my dog only to have a gun shoved against my head and yelled at to get on my knees. I’m yelling “please get my dog. Don’t let her get hit by a car, please.” At which point one officer stopped traffic while the other went after my dog. By this time, I guess they realized they had the wrong person be caused I was helped to my feet, apologized to, and handed the leash attached to my dog. I stood there in shock as they sped away, undoubtedly after the person they were actually looking for. Felony stops are NO fun.

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 9:27 pm
  • Why aren’t their name plastered and mug shots

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 8:51 pm
  • Nice. Now comes the free medical, free food, free shelter, etc. all at every tax payers expense. So many people in this county good and honest hard working trying to support their families cant afford much needed medical care but hey become a community terrorist and its all free in a sense paid for by the good decent tax paying people in the community.

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 8:27 pm
  • Hey Tom did the Nissan involved have a spare tire on the passenger front side

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 8:25 pm
  • That K-9 looked ready to go! Good job HCSO

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 7:13 pm
    • really! right for the nuts!

Saturday, 4 June 2016, 4:29 pm
  • for all of you that say Spring Hill is full of losers, check around, they are everywhere!! Talked to an old friend in Denver I told him what a sh.t hole this place became, we both were here since the 70’s. He said Denver is no different. People in general, every where, are P.O.S!

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 7:11 pm
  • Felony stop requires at least 2 officers w/ weapons drawn. No officer will approach the car… suspects will be required to exit and walk backwards toward the officers vehicles. (Safest for leo’s).

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 7:00 pm
  • I totally agree!! Get the out of our community. Lives Matter!!

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 6:58 pm
  • WOW!!!! This is shocking!

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 6:51 pm
  • Right on, WOODY!!!!!!!

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 6:43 pm
  • And she is pregnant. I am so glad they was caught

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 6:35 pm
    • really? i thought she was just fat.

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 10:43 pm
  • I don’t have any ties to the situation but I must say everyone is entitled to a trial and is innocent until proven guilty of a crime let’s not forget that

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 6:23 pm
  • Smh , more LOSERS for the area

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 6:03 pm
  • Thank god!!! Two more losers off the street.

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 5:38 pm
  • Good grief, can’t we just shoot these turds, a burden on society with no useful trait to fall back on.

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 5:31 pm
  • You said they conducted a felony traffic stop what is the difference between a normal traffic stop and a felony traffic stop or does it mean that a felony resulted from the traffic stop

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 5:23 pm
  • More Thugs Off THE street

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 5:13 pm
  • FAST work, great job LE!

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 5:05 pm