Video Captures Moment Teen Struck by Hit and Run Driver, Search Underway for Suspect

UPDATE: 5/17/2017, 9:15 A.M. – The Florida Highway Patrol has identified two possible suspects involved in Monday’s hit and run on Moog Road.
According to officials, the 1998 Ford Expedition used was stolen from Samantha Maureen Henry of 3844 Grand Blvd in New Port Richey.
Authorities are searching for Christopher Michael Try and Kevin Wilson, who are both considered to be persons of interest.

HOLIDAY (PASCO) – The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating a hit and run crash that injured a teenager as he was riding his bike along Moog Road.

According to Officials, yesterday around 3:55 p.m. the driver of a 1998 Ford Expedition was traveling recklessly, southbound on Moog Road, when he struck a parked pickup truck in front of 3922 Moog Road, and a 14-year-old boy. The victim was transported to a local hospital with minor injuries and is expected to make a full recovery.

The driver of the vehicle is described as a white male, light brown or blonde hair, and 20-30 years old. The tag number is reported as GYCT99.

Anyone with information on this case is asked to call the Florida Highway Patrol at 813-631-4020.

FOLLOW THIS LINK OR CLICK BELOW TO WATCH THE TERRIFYING VIDEO

WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGES

Comments
  • Wow, wow, wow!!!!! Such an inhuman world we live in. Thanks goodness for technology. When I saw the white Audi keep going, I immediately knew they were chasing the suspect for the tag #.

Sunday, 21 May 2017, 12:30 pm
  • Seems kinda funny her suv was “stolen ” there was no mention of any prior report of her truck being stolen so I think she knows who was driving and is covering her own as* . Police need to look into that. Tom you should look into it for us. Keep us posted

Wednesday, 17 May 2017, 12:53 pm
  • But all in all… The good Lord was watching over that young man that day! Im happy he wasn’t seriously hurt. I hope they catch the person responsible for this plain out stupid decision to drive so wrecklessly! Kudos to the driver of the white sedan to take action!

Wednesday, 17 May 2017, 9:28 am
  • I watched on the news that they traced the car back to a yound lady and when they tried to contact her she hung up. Something isn’t adding up here…

Wednesday, 17 May 2017, 9:26 am
  • Hot damn, that is messed up. Glad the kid is okay. I’m impressed he bounced right back up on his feet like that.

Wednesday, 17 May 2017, 8:35 am
  • I would have gave chase also and tryed to stop him

Tuesday, 16 May 2017, 8:49 pm
  • For gods sake all yall stop THINKING FOREVER.God help us can they go to the plase were the tag originates start there…. I think the lavender and mauve were guiding the white car…..WHITE CARS MATTER…….HOPE CHILD IS SAFE THEY ALL DRIVE LIKE IDIOTS….WOW

Tuesday, 16 May 2017, 7:59 pm
  • Maybe the white car didnt stop because they were trying to get the driver’s tag?

Tuesday, 16 May 2017, 6:07 pm
  • Also noticed car, white sedan, just kept on going. School bus was driving way too fast for residential area. More than one violation of hit and run driver, most likely drunk.

Tuesday, 16 May 2017, 4:56 pm
    • @Abigal It is my understanding that the white car followed the idiot and was actually able to get his tag info. Kudos to the guy in the white car.

Tuesday, 16 May 2017, 5:45 pm
    • Looked like they sped up, probably tried getting the license plate info. May have failed at it but they may have tried. Do any of y’all use your brains anymore for thinking or do you use it just to make dumb allegations.

Tuesday, 16 May 2017, 6:13 pm
  • I hope they can catch this idiot. With our cameras you can freeze each frame and enlarge to read the license plate.

Tuesday, 16 May 2017, 4:43 pm
  • Who the hell does that? Someone was injured. You at least stop to make sure they’re okay.

Tuesday, 16 May 2017, 3:38 pm
    • OR maybe try and chase down the car and get their tag info. Cause I would have done that, so. 💁🏼💁🏼

Tuesday, 16 May 2017, 6:12 pm
      • I was talking about the person in the SUV that hit the young man. Apparently you’re trying to read in between the lines. I didn’t say anything about the white car.:/^

Wednesday, 17 May 2017, 2:44 pm
  • THAT IS INSANE!!!!!! That poor child, I pray so very hard they are ok not just physically but also emotionally after a trauma like that. And what gives with that driver of the white car???? WHY did they NOT stop to help? (That’s assuming they didn’t based on the video, however if I’m incorrect then I apologize in advance!)…..Isn’t there a Good Samaritan LAW that REQUIRES people who witness accidents like this to STOP and CHECK ON THE WELLBEING OF ANY/ALL VICTIMS? That’s almost as infuriating as the driver not stopping! I hope they find the driver and get them off the streets before this happens again and they end up killing someone!

Tuesday, 16 May 2017, 3:36 pm
    • @Firebaby517 It is my understanding that the white car followed the idiot and was actually able to get his tag info. Kudos to the guy in the white car.

Tuesday, 16 May 2017, 5:46 pm
      • Thank you for the clarification. My apologies , I hadn’t seen any other reporting in the incident except for this one so was unaware and simply commenting based on what I saw on the video but that being said, that was great that the car followed the assailant and was able to obtain and provide officers with potentially identifying information. Very honorable thing to do!

Tuesday, 16 May 2017, 10:02 pm
    • Saw on news white car went after suv and got tag number for police

Tuesday, 16 May 2017, 5:55 pm
      • Thanks for the clarification and my apologies in lieu of this information.

Tuesday, 16 May 2017, 10:03 pm
    • I thought the same thing about the white car. I just hope their reasoning was that so many people came running out and they wanted to get the license plate number. I hope that kid is okay mentally and physically. And I hope they catch this guy.

Tuesday, 16 May 2017, 6:03 pm
    • I read in the original post, that the lady who posted the video said the driver of the white sedan actually followed the SUV to get the tag info. If not they would have not gotten the tag.

Tuesday, 16 May 2017, 6:03 pm
    • I’m guessing they saw the people around to help the child and went to try and get a plate number or location.

Tuesday, 16 May 2017, 6:08 pm
    • You ever think the white car, that noticeably sped after the expedition, wasn’t trying to chase them down and get their license plate Info lol

Tuesday, 16 May 2017, 6:11 pm
      • Yes it would occur to me, however as I stated originally I was simply going by what the video in this report showed and commenting on my observations. I had not seen or heard any other reports on this incident at the time and therefore was unaware of that additional information. I am very glad they were able to obtain some identifying information it was a very honorable thing for them to do.

Tuesday, 16 May 2017, 10:07 pm
    • The guy in the white sadan was trying to chase the guy down and get his plates and such while on the line with the police. He ended up coming back. Only reason I know this is because this happened down the street from my house.

Tuesday, 16 May 2017, 8:02 pm