Deputies Nab Shoplifter After He Goes Back for Round Two, Drug Habit to Blame

BROOKSVILLE – Greed led to a Lecanto man’s arrest Tuesday, after he was caught stealing, not one, but two grocery carts full of merchandise from a local Walmart.

According to reports, deputies responded to the Walmart Supercenter on Cortez Blvd, after loss prevention employees witnessed 38-year-old Adrian Ferrand Jackson push a cart full of merchandise out of the store and load it into a vehicle. To their surprise, Jackson returned to the store, filled another cart with merchandise, and left the store without paying again. But Jackson’s luck ran out the second time because as soon as he stepped outside deputies placed him into custody. Deputies say the moment Jackson was stopped he spontaneously uttered the words “I’m sorry sir, I’m Sorry.”

Deputies searched a black Nissan in the parking lot and located the items previously stolen. $538.77 worth of merchandise was recovered, including a flat screen television, remote control car, and several household goods.

During an interview Jackson admitted that he stole items to support his drug habit, stating “I got caught stealing sh*t today. I was stealing them for drug money.”

Jackson was booked into the Hernando County Jail on charges of felony retail theft and on an unrelated warrant for failing to pay child support.

Jackson remains behind bars on a $2,000 bond.

arrest-1 jack theft-1

Comments
  • Yes.. Thank you 38.
    Really? Comparing caffeine to drugs?
    As far as your son being a junkie is your problem not everyone else. You take care of the problem if you care so much. Why should hard working tax payers?

Friday, 27 January 2017, 12:12 pm
  • If his problem is making bad decisions, why don’t you move him into your house so you can guide him down the right path? Help him 24/7, see how long before it all goes to hell.

Friday, 27 January 2017, 8:08 am
    • Already done. I am a parent and willing to give him a chance and he is getting the help he needs. Instead of assuming I hadn’t done that you could have kindly asked.

Monday, 30 January 2017, 11:03 am
  • Im sure more than half the people talking trash about these drug addicts go home every day take your caffeine take your nicotine drink your alcohol and eat your prescription variety packs of narcotics from your doctors. Its the hypocrite oath. Just bc they are legal, the majority of you are also drug addicts. This guy is obviously making bad decisions but its funny how many people think just bc you down legal drugs daily it doesnt make you an addict.. Talk about death sentences for people that use drugs. Such mental incompetence in this world. Theres no shortage of idiots around, thats for sure.

Thursday, 26 January 2017, 9:26 pm
    • Thank you food no joke very well said.

Saturday, 28 January 2017, 9:23 am
  • Ok. Yes mike. I am the stupid one for CHOOSING no to be a junkie and expecting everyone else to contribute to helping me…

Thursday, 26 January 2017, 2:16 pm
    • No your smart for choosing not to be a junkie and lucky enough to not be touched one, ignorant and stupid to the fact that many people have overcome addiction. Reading and educating yourself on the subject is a good place to start. As far as my son is concerned he is still my son and I know the person he was before Drugs. You always love your child. Unless you have lived it and loved someone afflicted by the disease people tend to live in glass houses. Even stupid can be fixed. Just something to think about as you wander through each day thinking that killing addicts is any better than being a drug addict. My opinion, that thinking is just as much of a detriment to society.

Friday, 27 January 2017, 7:20 am
  • Nice disguise. Looks like any of the shopping buggy wranglers seen in a Wal-Mart parking lot. EXCEPT——his was full! But he does stand out like a glow worm.

Thursday, 26 January 2017, 10:09 am
  • The problem is there is no cure for drug addiction.
    It should be a death sentence for them. They are killing themselves anyway we could just help them do it a little quicker.

Thursday, 26 January 2017, 8:31 am
    • No cure for stupid in your case were not Saudi Arabia.

Thursday, 26 January 2017, 11:08 am
  • I am so in agreement with you Christine. My story is as follows. We are a good hard working I guess you could say a little above middle class working people. My son, to make a long story short took the wrong path and is now addicted to Meth. He finally resorted to stealing to feed his habit and ended up in a prison work camp for 19 months. When he returned home we had high hopes but, he came home with $7,000 in fines no driver’s lic, a now prison educated better criminal and of course, nobody would hire him. Within 2 weeks he was back on Drugs, leaving the house with a PACKPACK At this point we know he is alive but, have no idea where he is. We tried everything but, the drug had him and we couldn’t afford $40,000 a month for rehab. We tried to get him sentenced to the Pheonix House but, even a modest amount of money couldn’t buy a lawyer who could get that approved. So we put them in prison where believe me, they get the drugs and an education on how to be a better criminal. I am not in anyway saying the State should pay for criminals but, if we are going to pay for room and Board, employees salaries and 3 meals a day maybe, as a society we should put that money to work to really rehabilitate non-violent drug offenders. All of this is breaking my heart into a million little pieces.

Thursday, 26 January 2017, 7:38 am
    • http://www.sanctuarymission.org/………where mercy triumphs over justice by love/

Thursday, 26 January 2017, 1:39 pm
      • THANK YOU SO MUCH. GOD BLESS YOU.

Friday, 27 January 2017, 9:45 am
  • That’s how the system works. In years gone bye, jails and prisons had facilities within to try and help these folks but the gangs within put a stop to that.

Thursday, 26 January 2017, 4:42 am
  • I agree rehab, counseling and a long process of working to pay back the debt. Like they should have to pay back ten times the amount they stole. We are too easy.

Thursday, 26 January 2017, 3:37 am
  • I’m all for people paying the consequnce when breaking the law but my issue is all that is happening is they are being thrown in jail then either spend a couple months in jail or get out on bond and nothing is being done about the problem at hand…THE ADDICTION….if tax payers have to pay for them to be in jail then why not have some type of Jail/Rehab facility??? They are just going to be back on the street in a couple months doing the same thing to support the same habbit. I look up most of the people arrested and they all have a long rap sheet for drug related issues.throwing them in Jail for them to sit there and do nothing isnt helping any of the problem at hand.
    #JustSaying

Wednesday, 25 January 2017, 9:57 pm
  • I’d like to be the first to not comment,….

Wednesday, 25 January 2017, 7:43 pm
    • I’m not going to comment on ur comment ….

Wednesday, 25 January 2017, 9:15 pm
  • Yeah, the only reason you’re mad is because your dumb azz got caught. Teach you not to Double-Dip.

Wednesday, 25 January 2017, 7:36 pm