Funeral Services Transporter Disappears After Delivering Body, Family’s Desperate Search Underway

UPDATE: 1/19/2017, 8:25 P.M. – Family have started a Gofundme page to help cover the cost of chartering helicopters to search for Paul Marvella. There are still no leads into the Paul’s disappearance.

SPRING HILL – A funeral services employee disappeared without a trace yesterday, leaving family and friends baffled and desperately searching his last known location.

According to George and Wendy Marvella, their son 30-year-old Paul Marvella disappeared Sunday after delivering a body to Jacksonville.

Paul works for Alternative Transport Services and was driving their company vehicle, a 2014, black, GMC Yukon, bearing Florida tag DNS K41, with a gold funeral wreath emblem on the side and rear windows.

George says a friend last spoke to Paul in around 7:30 p.m. Sunday, when he was just outside of Stark, traveling on US-301.

Paul was expected to be home by 10:00 p.m. but he was never heard from again. George says that Paul’s cell phone was turned off just after midnight in the Ocala area. He stressed that Paul never turns his phone off because he is always on call.

George and Wendy are canvassing the area around the College of Central Florida, which is located in Ocala between SW College Road and I-75.

Family says Paul does not have a history of substance abuse and has not been depressed or acting unusual in any way.

The Hernando County Sheriff’s Office is aware of the situation and has issued a BOLO for Marvella.

Paul may be wearing black pants and a blue dress shirt.

Family is asking that you contact them at 727-247-2133 or your local Law Enforcement agency if you have any information regarding Paul Marvella’s whereabouts.

picspaul-3

truck-1

paul-1 paul-2

Comments
  • did they find him??? we need updates.

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 1:51 pm
  • I read a very sad article in the news this morning. It would seem the Parks & Recreation people don’t want the lake disturbed (I’m assuming they mean dredged) and the beauty destroyed????? The “beauty of natural growth” will replenish it’s self over time. I pray for the parents that they will have strength to endure this unimaginable pain they will feel for the rest of their lives. I understand the need for closure………..having Paul’s remains would provide some small comfort.

Thursday, 26 January 2017, 12:05 pm
  • Ive known paul since i was 15 years old (10 years). For one, Hes not on drugs, and weed is not a drug. For two, who are you to stalk his facebook page and try to get as much info as possible on him? You need to mind your own business and not cause more drama and heartache for people who are living this damn nightmare. He is one of the most compassionate people i have ever met in my life, who would never wish nothing bad upon anyone. I hope you people who are writing negative comments about him feel sorry for yourselves. Remember every one has family and dear friends, how would you feel if you were in their position?? Keep your hurtful comments to yourself and get a life.

Thursday, 19 January 2017, 9:23 am
  • Prayers for all. This is an awful thing to have happen to any family.

Wednesday, 18 January 2017, 5:04 pm
  • George and Wendy, Please let us know what we can do to help, I worked with Wendy for several years, there are people who want to help but we are not sure what we can do other then spread the word to look for Paul. My heart aches for how the two of you are feeling, dont give neg. comments a second thought. I pray he is found soon.

Wednesday, 18 January 2017, 1:59 pm
  • I would think the longer he remains missing, the more fowl play should be considered a reality.

Wednesday, 18 January 2017, 11:46 am
    • EXACTLY!^ Could not agree with Mike L more.
      At this point the sheriffs office should KNOW there is foul play involved.
      If they are unable to track the vehicle via GPS or OnStar [KNOWING] he was in a HIGH CRIME RATE area (someone obviously knew how to disable both the GPS and OnStar, such as a chop shop) -They should be in the air canvasing areas he was last seen. If he is trapped in his vehicle because of an accident, time is of the essence as well! Prayers to the Marvella family & friends.
      …Here’s to hoping the sheriffs office starts doing their jobs & start helping FHP LOOK!

Wednesday, 18 January 2017, 2:24 pm
  • Hmmm… Kind of confused here. At the bottom of the article it states:
    “This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. .”
    So, the purpose of posting this story about a missing man is what? To gain “hits” and generate traffic? I would have thought the purpose would have been to get the news out in hopes of finding this guy. Meh, no worries, I won’t be “redistributing” the article, I wouldn’t want to drive traffic to your web site. Putz…

Wednesday, 18 January 2017, 10:13 am
    • Duh! The purpose of this story is to enlighten the regular followers and readers of RNRF of this missing man in hopes that if anyone SEES him will notify the authorities IMMEDIATELY.
      Some people are just a waste of air…smh.

Wednesday, 18 January 2017, 11:09 pm
  • I don’t know anyone on this site but in reading over these comments most comments are not helping this situation at all. A man is missing and these tempers flying around are not helping at all. Place your energy towards a positive approach of trying to help the family or by praying for his return instead of bashing each other on a site created to help find him.Take some deep breaths and calm down you will get nowhere with all this going on seriously….That said ….I myself sure hope he is found and found unharmed. Nobody’s perfect including me but common sense tells me this approach is wrong….Concerned a sinner saved by Grace , In Christian Love, take care Everyone and have a Blessed Day !

Wednesday, 18 January 2017, 8:32 am
  • Prayers for his safe return

Wednesday, 18 January 2017, 7:42 am
  • Jan Johnson, you are obviously a very ignorant person Paul is a dear close friend of mine that I’ve known since I was 15 and for you to come on here when his whole family and friends are out looking for him to talk down on him shows your character find something better to do with your time no one needs or wants your input here Paul is a hard dedicated worker and amazing friend and is great to whoever he comes into contact with. Do me a favor next time you think of voicing your opinion change your mind because your opinion doesn’t matter you are obviously a very negative person that shouldn’t even be on this page.

Wednesday, 18 January 2017, 2:04 am
  • Can Onstar track vehicles under water?

Wednesday, 18 January 2017, 12:34 am
  • Some on should ask his family how many hours he had been working before they sent him out to Jacksonville?Im a mortuary worker and the hours are brutal some times.

Wednesday, 18 January 2017, 12:33 am
  • 2014 Yukon is equipped with on star tracking device.

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 11:24 pm
  • With a job like his, i’d be doing more than smoking weed. Praying for his safe return.

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 9:05 pm
  • What a handsome young man. I pray he is found safe and I wish people would stop trying to disparage everyone else—》Jan.

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 7:52 pm
  • we found a vehicle that went missing with onstar even though it wasnt active, not to say if u find the suv you can find the guy but worth a try.

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 7:26 pm
    • Yes food we know….you know it all, done it all, seen it all and will tell it all. Bravo

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 9:34 pm
      • That was good food use your special powers to find him or is that the only thing you have not done.

Thursday, 19 January 2017, 7:08 am
  • OMG! Dear God please let him come home Safe! My prayers out to his Family and Friends… He is a great Man! There was never a time when he came into the Breakfast Club with out a smile on his face.. I have waited on him many of times and never was rude or even disrespect Me! It’s funny that I pretty much know what he is going to eat when he does come in..LOL! PAUL, COME HOME SAFE TO YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS! I am praying for you

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 5:10 pm
  • Jan, you ignorant POS…you need to disclose all the bad things you do on here before making claims against another person.

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 3:54 pm
  • George and Wendy are my regulars. Very nice people. My prayers are with the family. I hope Paul is ok.

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 3:47 pm
  • If they have not found the Yukon yet they can track it with OnStar even it the owner has not subscribed to the service. If the vehicle is reported stolen OnStar will assist the police in locating the vehicle.

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 3:10 pm
    • That’s good to know, thank you!

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 3:39 pm
    • I hope they fine him safe and soon.I feell so sorry for him and his family. I know I would want people to help me and my family to help locate him.Prayers to the family and every body looking for him.

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 4:30 pm
  • Prayers for the young man and definitely for his parents, would be horrible to go through this. Find him soon safe and sound.

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 2:41 pm
  • Isn’t it true that his brother is a funeral director for the same company the father works for? The brother lives in Ocala, where he was educated in mortuary and it’s close to where Paul went “missing”. Paul is a known weed smoker and it’s posted on his Facebook page. Paul was handed the job as a transporter by his father and that’s mentioned on his Facebook page. Paul has some not so kosher people as friends, some who are known to be involved with drugs. Something is very fishy with this story and I’m not so sure he didn’t leave on his own accord. Just sayin’.

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 2:38 pm
    • omg who are you to say such things about anyone. He is MISSING and all his family and coworkers are worried about him. how disrespectful .

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 3:05 pm
      • Thank you Karen! My blood was boiling reading Jan Johnsons post. Paul is one of the best people I know!

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 3:36 pm
      • Karen, == well said!!

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 3:56 pm
      • Thank you Karen. I don’t know who this Jan Johnson is but God forbid anything like this happening to her family. May you ask God’s forgiveness for being cold and disrespectful. Paul is our friend and Co-worker. We are distraught over his disappearance. ?

Wednesday, 18 January 2017, 9:42 am
        • I hope and pray that he was found safe by now prayers to all

Tuesday, 2 May 2017, 7:23 am
          • Yes they found him in the marsh his family buried him he is resting now in Gods arms ?

Tuesday, 2 May 2017, 2:20 pm
    • Being a known weed smoker does not give grounds for someone to just disappear your comment here is extremely negative and you may want to be a little more sensitive to the people that are missing a family member at this time. And quite frankly no one questioned about how he got the job it’s just what he was doing at the time of his disappearance.

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 3:14 pm
      • Grow up, agree, == Well said as well as Ksren, some people have ice water running through their veins.

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 3:59 pm
      • agreed prayers evoke alot more than who cares if anyone smokes weed thats like saying he was taking xanax who cares !!! Lord have Mercy and find this man

Monday, 6 February 2017, 2:32 pm
    • Listen here you nasty pathetic excuse for a human. First off it’s blatantly apparent that while you THINK you know anything about Paul, you know absolutely nothing. While he may have had a few mess ups in the past, he is an excellent man, a dedicated worker, and a dear friend. How dare you say such vile things while we, his friends and family who love him dearly, are heartbroken and praying for his safe return. I’m not even a Christian and yet I know damn well you need Jesus in your life, because he’s about the only person who could forgive you for what you’ve just said.

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 3:29 pm
    • You deserve your head smashed in with a brick, Jan Johnson. You disrespectful piece of he is one of the most responsible, hard working, get-along with ANYONE and EVERYONE type of person. I hope you never go “missing” because the community will make DAMN sure you aren’t looked for. Just sayin’

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 3:34 pm
    • JanJohnson, YOU are a reason people need to be cautious on Facebook. YOU are an ignorant gossip trying to feel like someone big. YOU ARE SO SMALL IN EVERY WAY IT’S NOT FUNNY.
      FOR ANYONE IN CONTACT WITH YOU – BEWARE ! JAN JOHNSON WILL SPREAD YOUR BUSINESS ALL OVER THE EARTH !!! DO NOT FRIEND HER – SHE’S NOT WORTH THE PAIN SHE WILL CAUSE.

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 3:43 pm
    • The point here is to find him! You should be ashamed of yourself for even posting this! Who cares if he smokes weed! That probably has nothing to do with his disappearance! The point here is to find him and bring him home safely to his friends and family.

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 3:44 pm
    • Weed got passed by 71% stop with that sickness your probably a drunk.Pray for the man before Mitchell gets his dumb involved.

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 4:09 pm
    • First of all who the hell are u to judge a missing person? As an old friend of Pauls I can certainly tell you without a doubt he was the level headed one always watched out for his friends and did the right thing. I hope he’s found safe and unharmed and you should be ashamed of yourself

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 4:44 pm
    • Omg weed is not a drug …end of story. No one cares if he puffed on a damn joint every night…the point is He’s missing

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 6:17 pm
    • Jan, my only wish for you is that you get a life. What difference how or why Paul works for a certain company.
      who his brother is and who he works for is no ones business unless you have a bone to pick with me and my family. Paul is a decent MAN and a much better one then you. How dare you comment about things you have no idea about.

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 7:06 pm
    • Damn Jan Johnson you sure seem to know a lot of his personal business. Are you sure you don’t know where he is. Just say n . Pray n for his safe return home

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 7:20 pm
    • Jan you better pray you don’t come up missing! Hope no one looks for you and are eaten by a gator! Karma will get you for your big mouth! Just sayin!

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 7:33 pm
    • He does not work with his father. You should get your facts right before posting anything. He works for ATS. Nothing to do with his family. JUST SAYING…..

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 9:53 pm
    • Jan Johnson you sound more like a dumped girlfriend. This is not the place nor the time for non compassionate comments and emotions. The only thing fishy here is you Jan. Let’s get Paul home to his friends and family. My prayers!

Wednesday, 18 January 2017, 1:52 am
    • I agree. Girlfriends parents are enjoying a dog show this morning instead of searching for him. Something doesn’t smell right.

Wednesday, 18 January 2017, 7:49 am
      • You have no idea what you are talking about.

Thursday, 19 January 2017, 1:52 am
    • Omg Jan Johnson what is wrong with you? So if he smokes pot oh well so does 100 million people. Him working for family means nothing. How can you say such horrible things to his family. I pray that they find him safe. I really hope nothing like this happens to you with the ice in your veins because you wouldn’t do anything to find your family member. I pray they find him safe.

Wednesday, 18 January 2017, 6:13 pm
    • Isn’t it true that you sound like a very ignorant person with absolutely no grasp of reality or knowledge of Paul. Please take your negative trolling trashy self elsewhere. Maybe find a heart on your way out.

Thursday, 19 January 2017, 2:00 am
    • Wow, Jan. You are a horrible person. Why would you put such unkind words about someone who is missing. Paul is an awesome and responsible person. I hope he is found soon. Could you please keep your rude thoughts to your self from now on? Thanks.

Friday, 20 January 2017, 9:34 pm
  • That yukon should have on star

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 2:25 pm
  • Why isn’t Law Enforcement agencies helping ?

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 1:50 pm
    • In many cases the person has to be missing for a certain amount of time before law enforcement starts looking. I know
      FHP had been notified.

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 2:29 pm
      • You know everything and a wonderful teacher in grammar. Now we both said same thing except I KNOW cause your the holier than thow elite ??. Go take a long walk down a short pier Mitch. Was that better sexy thing.?????????ttyl❤ sweetie

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 4:05 pm
    • They will if not already he’s an adult with no danger to himself so there is a wait time dont know 24 to 48 hrs will send pictures and post to everyone i know hope he’s ok prayers for a hard working young man and his parents blessed…..

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 2:33 pm
      • There is No wait time for reporting a missing person of any age…..

Wednesday, 18 January 2017, 3:07 pm
    • Unless they have evidence of foul play there’s not much they can do, it’s not illegal to go missing if you’re an adult. That doesn’t stop anyone from searching though. I hope he’s found safe.

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 2:35 pm
    • Jessie
      Law enforcement has helped from the start. They have been great they got the information as quick as they could.

Wednesday, 18 January 2017, 6:38 am
    • They have been looking. It’s all over every news channel.

Saturday, 21 January 2017, 8:18 am
  • If possible, please post a pic without sunglasses

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 1:42 pm
  • Does the company not have a way to track their vehicle??

Tuesday, 17 January 2017, 1:36 pm