Hospital Golf Cart Carrying 5-People Struck by Car, At Least Three Injured

BROOKSVILLE – It was a short trip to the emergency room for three patients today, after an Oak Hill Hospital golf cart was struck by vehicle in the parking lot.

According to sources, the golf cart was carrying at least 5-people, including one child, when it was struck by a car. Three people were transported about a hundred yards away to the Oak Hill Hospital Emergency Room for treatment. The extent of the injuries is unknown at this time.

The Sheriff’s Office is on scene investigating the cause of the crash.

Comments
  • The one in Brooksville has killed a few ppl with the Mursa staph infection Crap my dad being one of them

Thursday, 8 June 2017, 12:58 pm
    • Oak Hill hospitals insurance does not cover the golf cart drivers. If they get injured they have to go threw there own insurance.
      It’s time for Oak Hill to do away with the golf carts before someone​ else gets injured.

Thursday, 8 June 2017, 9:54 pm
  • I volunteer in the ER. I can assure you they are highly trained professionals. Oak Hill does not have a Neurological dept,that is reason for transporting to hospital further away,not because it is a second rate hospital.

Thursday, 8 June 2017, 6:38 am
  • Isnt this a second rate hospital know as the waiting room to the Pearly Gates.

Wednesday, 7 June 2017, 10:11 pm
    • Second rate hospital in what way? The nurses, surgeons and doctors that work here SAVE LIVES. I’m sorry, what is it that YOU do for a living? I’ll wait. . .

Thursday, 8 June 2017, 4:08 am
    • Have you ever been a patient at Oak Hill? My husband has been, several times. I can tell you that you won’t find a better hospital in this county or counties to the north or south.

Thursday, 8 June 2017, 10:20 am
  • I’m more surprised they weren’t transported to Bayfront. You know how they love to take people there even though Oak Hill is much closer.

Wednesday, 7 June 2017, 10:08 pm
    • I know thinking might be out of your abilities but a team of trained medically professionals immediately available is better than one not immediately available. Emergency services do actually communicate ahead for critical care patients and determine the best for situation for care. The same applies to trauma victims. They are brought to a further facility determined by multiple factors not just well this hospital is X miles away so just drop the person off and hope for the best. Thats not how it works… Just have to apply a little common sense and logic and life will be better for you. I promise.

Wednesday, 7 June 2017, 10:46 pm
      • Good grief, Food For Thought, Iceman was just being sarcastic! Loosen up!

Thursday, 8 June 2017, 1:47 pm
        • there is a difference between ignorance and sarcasm…lol what i did at the end of my comment was sarcasm…

Thursday, 8 June 2017, 8:21 pm
      • Calm down son

Sunday, 11 June 2017, 8:04 pm
  • I agree with you MADEA’s sista and the hospital does nothing about it. Some doctors there in the ER think they are God and can do or speak anything they want.

Wednesday, 7 June 2017, 8:25 pm
  • I’ve been cruising though that lot many times looking for a parking place only to have ‘busy people’, and YES…Dr’s INCLUDED, to get mad because I’m going slow. They get pissed off and punch the gas as they blow past me in their fired up hurry to get going. This accident does not surprise me in the least….smh.

Wednesday, 7 June 2017, 4:45 pm
  • I volunteer at Oak Hill ER every Thursday. There is so much speeding in that parking lot this does not surprise me. SLOW DOW!

Wednesday, 7 June 2017, 2:14 pm
  • Have the names been given as to who all was involed

Wednesday, 7 June 2017, 1:51 pm
  • was it a non-medded blue hair?

Wednesday, 7 June 2017, 1:14 pm