Man Kills 9-Week Old Kitten, Batters Girlfriend During Domestic Dispute

SPRING HILL – A domestic dispute turned violent Sunday after officials say a man attacked his live-in girlfriend and killed her pet kitten.

According to reports, 33-year-old Jacob Paul Powell became enraged during a verbal altercation with the victim and pushed her to the floor, causing her to strike her head. The victim claims Powell then grabbed her by the wrists and ankles, leaving visible scratches. Officials say Powell became so violent that he picked up “Rajah,” a 9-week old kitten, and killed it. When the victim confronted Powell about the kitten’s death, he responded “I was pissed off so I killed her.” When the victim tried to call 911 to report the attack, Powell smashed it on the floor and threw it in the toilet.

During an interview with deputies, Powell denied battering the victim and killing the kitten but admitted to destroying the phone.

Powell was taken into custody and charged with Domestic Battery, Tampering with a Witness, and Animal Cruelty. Powell remains behind bars at the Hernando County Jail on an $8,000 bond.

Comments
  • you had a voice the kitten didnt VICTIM we want to see the face of the scum bag..PAY BACK ,i would love to have him in a room for 15 min with a bat to bash his skull in..sorry kids but im sure you seen and heard alot worse with scum like him around

Tuesday, 28 March 2017, 8:38 pm
  • I am the victim and I really hate that this was shared. I have to live this nightmare everyday, and it hurts more then anything and to see this plastered all over Facebook makes it harder for me and my kids to get over what happened and try to move on with our lives.

Monday, 27 March 2017, 10:33 pm
  • Another fine citizen of Hernando County. What a douche bag.

Monday, 27 March 2017, 10:25 pm
  • useless piece of crap….I hope they take care of you in jail!!!!

Monday, 27 March 2017, 9:42 pm
  • I would like to batter him for awhile. Would like to be in the jail cell with him. He would definitely find God for sure that piece of.

Monday, 27 March 2017, 9:26 pm
  • Another low bond. 8,000.00. I guess the jails are so full in Hernando that they have to let these sum bags out. I want to know how they go about setting bond for these sum bags. If you murder some one they will let you out will little bond at all. The goddam jail is full and that’s the problem. I hope he gets bailed out and then gets charged with failure to appear. Contemp of court might keep him locked up a little longer.

Monday, 27 March 2017, 9:22 pm
  • so 800 dollars and hes out. why do all these violent offenders get such a low bond but I see high bonds on people with non violent offenses?

Monday, 27 March 2017, 9:05 pm
  • $8000? that’s it? Should be that just for the phone. The kitten & girlfriend death/abuse should keep him behind bars for life. P.O.S.

Monday, 27 March 2017, 5:13 pm
  • If his only means of transportation is a motorcycle – is all forgiven?

Monday, 27 March 2017, 4:37 pm
    • Hahahaha lmao thats about right..

Tuesday, 28 March 2017, 7:50 am
  • No brain injury. It’s her hair her house, not his. He claim she he doesn’t remember hitting her, but remembers destroying her phone. Ugh.

Monday, 27 March 2017, 4:33 pm
  • Any human that disregards human or animal life like that will only progress unless he is stopped. I pray he does not have children to perpetuate this behavior. Ma’am, I pray you take this lesson and move on. Sorry about the kitten.

Monday, 27 March 2017, 4:19 pm
  • I hope someone in jail has a family member that tells them about this story. Maybe then Justice will be served.

Monday, 27 March 2017, 4:14 pm
  • POS – i hope you die a slow painful death.

Monday, 27 March 2017, 4:13 pm
  • I’ll ditto that comment ! Pack our bags and get out. She hit her head and may have sustained a brain injury, the next time she could be dead !

Monday, 27 March 2017, 3:40 pm
  • Another disgusting excuse for a waste of flesh, bone & blood in nature coast area. A lousy $8000 bond for this vicious, animal abusing asshole ????ARE YOU SERIOUS?????
    TO THE VICTIM : DO U SEE HOW MUCH U DON’T MEAN TO HIM??? YOU MUST MEAN EVEN LESS TO HERNANDO COUNTY FOR A CRAPPY $8000 BOND!!!!! I am SERIOUSLY DISGUSTED. DO NOT TAKE HIM BACK. IF LIVING IN HIS HOUSE GET OUT NOW WHILE HE’S IN JAIL. REALLY GET OUT !!!! IF THIS IS YOUR. HOME – CHANGE THE LOCKS, PUT HIS CRAP ON THE CURB & DON’T LET HIM BACK IN. YOU MIGHT END UP LIKE THE KITTEN !!!!!!

Monday, 27 March 2017, 2:45 pm
  • I bet if he didn’t kill an animal nobody would of cared!!! Seems like this state gives animals more rights and a harder punishment then humans!!!

Monday, 27 March 2017, 2:26 pm
    • Md, first no such word as ” would of “. Second, I care whether or not an animal was involved. The judicial system is the one that does not care. They set the bonds for these cases. Be angry at them. I’m tired of all these bullies ( male or female ) who believe it’s o.k. to terrorize people because ” they’re pissed off “. Harsh punishment/fines need to be hande out. The kids today believe it’s ok and they need to see that there are consequences- harsh consequences- so the abuse cycle does not continue & worsen.

Monday, 27 March 2017, 6:55 pm
    • Exactly md!!

Monday, 27 March 2017, 6:58 pm
  • POS Rot in jail…

Monday, 27 March 2017, 2:21 pm
  • CHOOTUM CHOOTUM

Monday, 27 March 2017, 2:15 pm
  • Animal killer. Lock his violent, unstable *** up.

Monday, 27 March 2017, 1:25 pm
  • Never make decisions with your emotions………..

Monday, 27 March 2017, 1:21 pm