Second Fatal Motorcycle Crash in Two Days, Lake Lindsey and Ponce de Leon

BROOKSVILLE – For the second day in a row sources tell RNRF that another crash has claimed the life of a motorcyclist on area roadways.

The single vehicle crash occurred on Lake Lindsey Road, near Ponce de Leon Blvd, and the roadway is closed in both directions at this time.

Witnesses say the motorcyclist struck a tree and was ejected onto the roadway. First Responders pronounced the victim deceased at the scene.

There are no further details at this time.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

fatality-motorcycle

Comments
  • As much as Iv’e always liked motorcycles and scooters, I would never drive one down here.

Monday, 20 March 2017, 6:48 pm
  • Some of you people are so cruel !! This is why we have that word “ACCIDENT” . Nobody does this on purpose!! My prayers for the family and friends of this person. It is truly sad….

Monday, 20 March 2017, 1:30 pm
  • Prayers for this family. I live with a traumatic brain injury everyday, going on seven years. EVERYDAY…is a challenge, just to get through the day. I live with loud, constant noise in my head, sleep 13 hours a day, short term memory, depression, processing and comprehension issues, memory loss, hearing loss, serious sensitivity to light and noise, social withdraw, crowd avoidance, difficulty learning new information, difficulty listening to music or watching tv., reading a book, face pain, neck pain, headaches, head pressure etc …

I sustained my injury standing in a chair. I fell and hit the back of my head. Life changed that day, and has never been the same. Now, imagine a person, with or without a helmet, ejected from a motorcycle. I also facilitate a local TBI support group, for there is practically NO help available for TBI victims once they leave the hospital, if they leave the hospital!! Not only does it completely change the victims life, but it changes the entire family.

Our brain is the most amazing organ in our body. We only have ONE. It is very delicate, a jello-mold consistency.
    Love it and protect it with you life.

Sunday, 19 March 2017, 11:14 pm
  • Not to sound morbid; however, day in and day out this seems to be happening more and more and it appears we can do everything right, but when it’s our time it’s our time. I know three other tradegies that have occurred over the last few months and all left many of us asking why, they too did everything right and I’m sure they didn’t wake up that morning knowing it would be their last. This is a sad reminder of how precious life is, be sure to hug your loved once before leaving for the day.

Sunday, 19 March 2017, 10:03 am
  • Prayers for the family of this motorcyclist. Whatever he was doing or not doing, he is gone now sadly.

Sunday, 19 March 2017, 8:19 am
  • Idc if he was 18 or 80. It was a tragic death regardless of circumstances and to say well if he didn’t wear a helmet he deserved it is cruel and heartless. No matter the circumstances no one deserves to be in an accident and die.

Prayers to his friends and family.

Sunday, 19 March 2017, 1:13 am
  • I personally think that all motorcycle riders should be required to take the Florida Safety course, so informative. I also believe that all drivers need to take a portion of this class, because I learned useful safety information that crosses over into drivers of trucks and autos. My Husband rode for his job as a police officer in the northeast for many years and when he read the materials that I was
    required to study to get my endorsement, he said he learned a lot of things that he wasn’t aware of and has changed his riding practices as a result. Food for thought.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 10:44 pm
    • They can ride will pass any course you give them just food for thought.

Sunday, 19 March 2017, 8:10 am
      • It’s a start, what we are doing now surely isn’t working. I realize there will always be those that ride like they want to die, and many do. There are also a lot of us that follow the rules and due to another’s ignorance are still are in danger.

Sunday, 19 March 2017, 7:53 pm
  • For everyone commenting on this, I was the person who found this man before first responders or anyone else found him. He was an older gentleman who must have lost control. Not speeding on his “crotch rocket”. He was wearing a helmet riding with some of his friends. It was a complete accident and was horrific. Shame on all of you. May he Rest In Peace.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 9:39 pm
  • How do you talk bad about someone who died. Your sick. Get help
    Prayers for his family

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 7:32 pm
  • Prayers for the families

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 6:36 pm
  • How about all the people that die from cancer treatments like chemo or pharmaceutical drugs, Half of you busting our chops about riding do a lot of other things that are worst for you than riding. After 45 years of riding mostly every day guess what, seems to be working out pretty good for me. I think ill keep enjoying myself doing it. sorry your life is boring and your a hater. Stop driving your car cause someone got killed in a car. LIVE AND LET LIVE.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 6:02 pm
  • Prayers for his Family and friends May he RIP

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 5:20 pm
  • Lake Lindsey road is a popular road for motorcyclists, its winding and scenic. My wife and I ride it often when we want a nice ride but want to stay close to home. Sorry for the rider and his family.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 4:49 pm
  • Look twice for trees, they’re everywhere.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 4:21 pm
  • Motorcycles don’t kill people any more then guns. They need to be respected or they can and will kill you.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 3:58 pm
    • Guns don’t kill. People using guns kill other people.

Sunday, 19 March 2017, 6:32 am
  • Linz McGeorge, GET A GRIP !!!!! Reality check. I rode for years & loved it BUT I did use helmet, closed toed shoes/boots, no shorts. I wholeheartedly disagree with current law on helmets – they ARE A NECESSITY. As adults people have the right to be stupid and they use it when not wearing a helmet or wearing shorts, etc.
    I had a loving husband who taught me to ride safely, how to kick away when presented with a situation beyond my control, evasive maneuvers, etc. Alot of folks don’t want to take a course on bike riding, they believe they know it all.That is their mistake.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 3:56 pm
    • Agree 100%. I also have a husband that taught me the same and I took the class, now ide my own and will continue to….just not a main road rider..love the back roads. Ride on be safe and watch out for the cages…

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 10:34 pm
  • @Linz McGeorge. He had a helmet on.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 3:29 pm
  • Pretty judgemental on the above comments. When you throw out “drinking probably involved”…this is a rush to judgement before all facts known. Bottom line…a life was lost. Take yourself off the high horse you’re on & do what God would want you to do…pray to Him for peace & comfort for the family.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 3:20 pm
    • How come ‘God’ didn’t intervene? Why do people always try and consult this mythical deity AFTER a tragedy?

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 7:41 pm
  • When you get on a bike it a choice you make knowing the risks. Just like smoking, drinking, not following any doctors orders, eating too much. All bad for your health but you don’t stop. I’m sure Linz you are the complete picture of health. You’ve lived in a bubble. perfect….NOT. They died doing just what they loved to do. Ride a bike on a beautiful day. Knows maybe the person doesn’t have any family. Maybe his family like you and would rather spend the day riding the bike taking the chance lol. Sorry couldn’t help myself.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 3:11 pm
  • OOOWWWE!!! LET ME GUESS….No helmet and may have been drinking.
    Let me say this to the world. You are a selfish a– hole if you have kids or any family at all and you ride a motorcyle without a helmet. I’ve seen idiots with flip flops, a tee-shirt and shorts with no helmet and have their KID on the back with a helmet and the proper attire. So, you don’t want your kid to die. But, you don’t care if your kid grows up fatherless or with a traumatic brain injury where you can only count to ‘potato’ and in your pants like a 2 year old????? SERIOUSLY!!??????

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 2:50 pm
    • You need a helmet to keep your head from exploding!!!!!!! Wow straight jacket please.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 3:27 pm
  • So sad. Will it ever stop? Please put the motorcycles away and save your life.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 2:28 pm
    • And don’t smoke, or drink, or eat junk food, or fail to exercise.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 2:36 pm
      • Wilshire 3107, What does your comment suppose to mean??? A person died here….

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 4:31 pm
        • ‘Spring Hell stuck’ said to put motorcycles away and save your life. ‘wilshire3107’ just politely pointed how ridiculous that statement is, and ‘danny gree’ is 100% correct – if the rice burner riders didn’t act like idiots on the road they would live longer.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 7:06 pm
          • I can show you where in the last month there have been more cruisers go down then street bikes most the who ride cruisers bounce from one bar to another and ride completely faced

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 9:13 pm
        • Some people have no heart

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 9:12 pm
    • if these crotch rocket riders would slow down they would stay alive longer

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 4:21 pm
      • Amen

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 4:37 pm
      • On Saturday around 3:10pm heading East on Linden. Motorcycle passed two cars over a yellow line. And we are suppose to feel sorry when they crash??? NO ! Drive responsibly people accidents will happen, you don’t have to create them.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 5:35 pm
  • Wow! Omg so sad Praying for the family

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 2:24 pm
    • Prayer is a quality of being……..not a long distance call to a deity.

Saturday, 18 March 2017, 2:51 pm