Unknown Cause of Death Claims Life of Second Infant in Two Days

SPRING HILL – Last night we reported that a second infant in two days was found unresponsive inside a home on Ivydale Road. CLICK HERE FOR ORIGINAL STORY

The first incident occurred Tuesday, after 3-month-old Bentley Isaac Bailey’s lifeless body was discovered inside his crib at a home on Omaha Circle. That case remains under investigation.

Officials have now confirmed that the second infant discovered last night, has passed away.

A death investigation is underway but officials say foul play is not suspected.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

jew

Comments
  • So sad! Prayers with both families. Hopefully the police find out the cause. RIP babies

Tuesday, 6 October 2015, 3:50 am
  • So sad. My prayers and thoughts are with both families

Monday, 5 October 2015, 3:37 pm
  • @Rn and Proud, Shame on you. You’re proud to be a RN, really?

Sunday, 4 October 2015, 1:06 am
  • I was at oak hill and may have seen this baby he or she looked like it was not breathing such a sad story

Saturday, 3 October 2015, 9:09 pm
  • Seeing as how that particular area is infested with subsidized housing and druggies, I think it is more likely that neglect is the culprit.

Saturday, 3 October 2015, 12:29 pm
  • this is a very sad story and thank goodness for no crude remarks posted, this is certainly not the place for them.
    ??little babies RIP, prayers go out to their families

Saturday, 3 October 2015, 9:42 am
  • Tina, you are so right.
    Finally a well thought out response, among the knee-jerk reactions that fill these columns. The police need time to investigate all possibilities in these cases, and the “after-event-quarterbacks” need to stop speculating!
    Thank you, Tom Lemons, and RNRF for reporting the good, the bad, and the sad!

Saturday, 3 October 2015, 9:05 am
  • I have a million questions because I have babies. This is tragic for both families. My prayera are with them. This has me asking what are the similarities. Did they have the same vaccines recently? Drink the same formula? Use the same type of bottles? Was something tainted? I pray the sheriff’s department can investigate this to the full extent and quickly Too much of a coincidence and very close in proximity and time. If this is being caused by something preventable I hope the public finds out soon to save others.

Saturday, 3 October 2015, 5:16 am
  • This should really be a private family matter. It’s sad enough to have to deal with it, let alone having it made into a poor excuse for a news story for this small nosey town…

Saturday, 3 October 2015, 1:16 am
  • So sorry f o r the families loss. Someone needs to investigate local utilities. There is something wrong and rare that 2 babies would die of SIDS in that close proximity. I hope someone will investigate.

Friday, 2 October 2015, 6:01 pm
  • Sending prayers! RIP Angels!

Friday, 2 October 2015, 5:39 pm
  • I am so sorry for your loss. (((HUGS)))
    This is so so sad. 🙁

Friday, 2 October 2015, 4:16 pm
  • Now there’s a problem.

Friday, 2 October 2015, 3:44 pm
  • Sad. So sorry for your losses. Prayers to all, stay strong.

Friday, 2 October 2015, 1:50 pm
  • Such Tragedy 2 babies died of SIDS in a week possibly. My heart goes out to these parents n families, praying for you all …..

Friday, 2 October 2015, 1:38 pm