; ;

Vehicle Collides with CVS Pharmacy, Mariner and Cortez

BROOKSVILLE – Fire Rescue responded to the CVS Pharmacy at the corner of Cortez Blvd and Mariner Blvd this morning, after a woman drove her vehicle into the front doors of the business.

The driver did not appear to be injured but damage to the entry way is substantial.

Sheriff’s Deputies are investigating the cause of the crash.

blur sdfsdf buidl 2 build 1 build 4 Interior Large copy

Comments
  • Absolutely correct Dragonfly!!! You must have good reactionary timing to be a good and safe driver….and the reality of the matter is your reaction time decreases with age and infirmities!!

Thursday, 2 June 2016, 9:19 am
  • I agree with you Kimberly, anyone who is medically disabled and over 70 should go thru more testing to insure every ones safety. I go to the cancer doctor every week and see people needing help into and out of their cars who can barely move… But they are still driving! If you can’t make quick movements, you shouldn’t be driving! It’s nothing personal, it’s safety.

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 10:22 pm
  • The Elderly and the severly medically disabled should be required to go through rigorous Eye exams as well as physicals and mental accuity testing every six months in Florida…imho it would avoid alot of accidents like this…car vs building is usually always due to the issue stated above!!

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 12:44 pm
  • For Grandpa & Grandma’s 60 TH. birthday they should take the license, take the car, & hand them a bus pass STANDARD!! I’ve seen this too many times. So many times in fact I don’t go out anywhere in my car until after 9: P.M. when they are in bed sleeping. & if you want to question my driving ability I’m the type of guy that uses my turn signal when I turn into a parking space in a shopping center & my own driveway.

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 1:16 am
  • 55? Ya no I think in there 60’s they should be tested. I really don’t know anymore. I am so afraid to drive here in Hernando County. anywhere. There are so many distracted drivers and speed demons on the roads today. I try to avoid driving unless I have to. Stay off your phones people!
    I think she looks elderly and has a medical condition . I am not saying that all sick people cant drive. I am saying that a sick elderly person driving can be a bad combination. She has a oxygen tank, she can barely stand up. She looks really nervous. I just dont think that is safe. Not for her not for me.

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 12:45 am
  • Being re tested at 55 ? Dude at that age alot of people are still young and in great condition

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 9:37 pm
  • drive through is around back but on a serious note glad no one was seriously injured.

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 8:41 pm
  • I can almost hear her explanation. “I was stepping on the brake and kept pushing harder, but it kept on going faster…..”

Lucky no one was at the door or in front of her…

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 8:35 pm
  • Curb service!

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 7:46 pm
  • Glad no one was hurt.

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 7:18 pm
  • She doesn’t look elderly to me. I hope it was a medical issue. Hopefully not due to prescription narcotics

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 5:37 pm
  • In 20 years or less we will have diverless cars (and/or drones) and incidents like this will be a thing of the past. No more drunk driving, insurance will be cheap, no traffic lights needed, no traffic cops, etc. Will be great for seniors, since they will never have to give up their cars.

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 2:37 pm
  • You notice she went thru the double doors not hitting anything. She was trying to just shop and go. Glad she and everyone is safe.have to make some light of the situation.

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 2:21 pm

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 2:15 pm
  • I think that most of the drivers that do this drive with both feet. A little too hard on the brake or hit a yellow curb a little too hard and it will push your weight onto the gas pedal and away they go! It happens to young drivers, too. Just a really bad habit that’s hard to break!

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 2:11 pm
    • Drive a standard (manual) shift & you wont have that problem…
      Oh!!!… who the heck drives 1 of those… it’s too much trouble..
      too inconvenient!! Talk about a lack of driving skills???
      I love the “dumb down” driving skills…
      the technology that the car has to do it for you…
      because you don’t know how!!!
      The “wave of the future” Great!!!

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 9:54 pm
    • ^^^^agreed… Two-feet drivers can easily get confused if nervous. Wish it would be illegal to drive with two feet. You can see them driving on the road, accelerating while braking. You can’t tell what they’re going to do, just as bad as someone with no brake lights. I’d say she definitely hit the gas instead of the brake. Drivers should have a driving test around 65 or older. If they get offended or mad it’s because they’re afraid they will fail. But in Spring Hill there are drivers of every age that need driving tests. We have the worst drivers I’ve ever seen compared to the 6 other states I’ve lived.

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 10:07 pm
  • 55 are you for real, im 57 and i ride and drive better than a teenager, Its not the age , its the drugs, persription or street, Some people suck at driving when there 20. Stop the texting and other distracted drivers. I know tractor trailer drivers in there 80s. Motorcyclist in there 80s that run to Alaska and back with no problems. A lot of the kids today will never see 50 so —- —,

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 2:05 pm
    • Your punctuation and spelling explain your user name.

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 2:27 pm
  • Oh my goodness! I am happy no one was injured?

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 1:54 pm
    • Oh my goodness! another spring hill IDIOT.

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 3:43 pm
  • And you wonder why your auto insurance rates are shooting up so high and it’s not always older drivers, It’s all drivers, young and old.

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 1:43 pm
  • From what I have noticed both people in vehicles and motorcycles the ages varies significantly, gender as well. There is no set age around here for bad or negligent drivers.
    Perhaps reinstating a drivers class for everyone entering the state of FL would be a discussion we might want to have, schools giving drivers ed.
    At least that way we will know they read the laws of driving down here in FL.
    STOP means STOP not roll on through like most people do here. Always leery of being rear ended by people not realizing I STOP at a STOP sign.
    As for testing, every year, more for the state less accidents if just one infraction occurs during the year, take a class and pass it with over 95 percent correct or no license renewal.

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 1:42 pm
  • Ma’am.. the drive thru is around back…
    Joking aside.. I hope if it’s a medical issue it’s a minor one…
    A mental laps (i.e. confusion in vehicle operation) is more distressing…

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 1:07 pm
  • Very sad..where is her family..clearly shouldn’t be driving like so many here. Field sobriety test given? Impaired is impaired no matter the reason.

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 12:26 pm
  • she was just saying good morning clowns

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 12:18 pm
  • People need to get retested to drive when there older, not sure of the age maybe 55, but something needs to be done with the elderly people out on the road. It makes me wonder why this hasn’t been done along time ago, charge for the retest etc makes money for the countys. It just makes dollars and cents.

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 12:17 pm
  • I’m glad no one was injured.. I’m no where near” OLD ” and I hit the gas instead of brake one time and went thru some bushes.. It’s easy to do .. SO all you snarky anti- elderly folks , be kind in your remarks..

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 12:12 pm
    • One day you will be old too, I wonder how quickly you will be ready to give up your drivers license when that time comes.

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 1:41 pm
      • with a name like commonsenseguy its something you are lacking. you are saying its fine for the unfit elderly to drive, which in turn causes accidents and innocent people die, all in the name of keeping “dignity”. You are a dope.

Saturday, 4 June 2016, 12:59 pm
  • Queue up the apologists who will blame anything but driver error

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 12:12 pm