Walmart Shoppers Threatened by Deranged Sword Wielding Suspect

BROOKSVILLE – Police responded to the Walmart on Broad Street last night, after several customers reported that they were threatened by a man armed with two swords.

According to reports, witnesses told Police that the suspect, later identified as 44-year-old Shannon Lon Schenck, was in the parking lot of the Walmart swinging swords at customers.

Upon arrival Police say they observed Schenck armed with two swords and appeared to be under the influence of alcohol.

Several witnesses provided sworn statements and Schenck was placed under arrest without incident.

A search of Schenck’s person revealed a small amount of marijuana and a glass pipe. It was also determined that Schenck is convicted felon and is not allowed to be in possession of a weapon.

Schenck is charged with 2-counts of aggravated assault, 3-counts of possession of a weapon by a felon, and possession of marijuana/paraphernalia.

Schenck remains behind bars at the Hernando County Jail, held on a $36,000 bond.

Schenck has a long history of arrests, including several drug possession and aggravated battery charges.

sch

Comments
  • I hate to say this but if my family and I were walking thru the parking lot and had this situation happen I would have dropped him..
    There’s no more running away and the thugs and druggies need to beware there are some of us who have and will shoot to kill..

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 4:47 pm
  • Unbelievable. Day in and day out, its the same ole hilarious debate…this is better than Housewives of Hernado County oh wait I mean HWOOC:)

Friday, 24 February 2017, 9:36 pm
  • Much respect to the men and women in the military who put there lives on the line everyday for this country I never said anything negative about the military I was talkn to 1person who said that would’ve made his day to kill another human aka rebel pride and then say the military paid him to kill pos like me and he enjoyed it is clearly inappropriate and disrespectful to the military cause I didn’t know they paid you to kill United States Citizen’s rebel pride I thought we paid you to protect us not kill us and I recommend anybody to stand your ground and protect urself if you feel endangered and I am not part of the problem “dealwithit” ur part of the problem if you agree with any of that bull crap rebel pride said its clearly inappropriate let GOD be the judge and I will not bond him out cause I don’t agree with wat he did he deserve to b put away for whatever the judge think is reasonable and if he would’ve attack me I would’ve protected myself cause I have a permit too but if ur sitting at home wishing you were there so u could kill this guy is out of line “dealwiththat”… Zero tolerance can u read well if you can go look at wat rebel pride said he said the military paid him to kill pos like me which i disagreed with go back to school and take a double dose of English cause clearly u failed it in school…. Much respect for the men and women who protect us everyday

Friday, 24 February 2017, 9:56 am
    • I posted that before I seen their comment, either way this was not pertaining to his comment it was your comment, I am veteran and I did not join the military to kill people. You made your comment to Bethy before the other person ever replied. I do know English, you should recheck your post. I am very well educated thank you.

Spice says:
      February 23, 2017 7:10 pm at 7:10 pm
      Join the army or navy bethy obviously none of you scums r in to church…. stop letting the devil rule ur mind cause he won’t have no mercy on ur evil soul once it’s ur turn pos (….And you ask me if I know English)?

Zero Tolerance says:
      February 24, 2017 1:29 am at 1:29 am

Rebel Pride says:
      February 23, 2017 9:08 pm at 9:08 pm

I was reading the comments in order and when I got to yours, no further I replied, I continued reading then seen Rebel Pride which he was referring to your comment as well or she. My issue is with your comment. You brought the military into this first! Until you serve your country keep your mouth shut because not everyone joins the military for the same reasons and I am sure rebel was offended by your statement because it is people like you that make ignorant comments that we defend this country for.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:07 pm
    • I never said I agreeded with anyone what I said Spice is IF I HAD BEEN THERE AT THAT MOMENT AND HE threatened me I would have shot him.

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 6:48 am
  • Hold on, fellas, I have popcorn cooking. This is entertaining at best. Wonder if I should sell tickets to this cat fight?

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:40 am
  • Spice-I have a concealed permit and I carry. Had this guy approached me swinging a sword I would have dropped him instantly. THATS WHY I AM ARMED!! The fact that I would have shot someone threatening my life doesn’t make me any less a Christian. You are what’s wrong with the world today!! Why don’t you go bail him out teach him the Bible pray with him and fix him I’m sure he will be an upstanding citizen when your done! SMH

Friday, 24 February 2017, 5:55 am
    • Judge not says he is someones child. So would be the person he decides to cut up. If he’s willing to do harm to someone else who has done nothing to him. A random person he doesn’t belong with us. If I was there especially walking with my kids he would no longer be with us. I am a law abiding citizen my whole life. I will protect my family and myself with no remorse to who tried to harm us. It’s because of liberal crap that we have to live with this s***. So don’t be a hypocrite lol go save him lol.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 9:09 am
  • he picked his path in life

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 11:07 pm
  • He seems about as together as some of the rnrf comment posters Ive encountered on here.

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 9:18 pm
    • I thought that would be yourself food.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:11 am
  • If That’s Not Stand Your Ground Uncle Thumbs Then I Don’t Know What Is!!!! You LIBTARD & Spice Boy I Use To Get Paid To Kill POS”S Like You In The Military & I Miss It : (

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 9:08 pm
    • U need some help rebel pride I’m a law abiding citizen that’s done no wrong to you besides voice my opinion just like the rest of you evil scums whom wish death upon people everyday and laugh about humans dieing everyday ur proving my point with all the hate in you Brooksville backwood red necks … Change ur way of thinking n get outside that box ur stuck in rebel pride the military did not train you to kill United States Citizen’s…. Stop the hate

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 10:15 pm
      • Spice,
        If your such a God going person why don’t you take your Happy God going A** back to the Bible And stop Spreading your stink ! All your doing is Calling everyone Red Necks, Evil Scums and Last But not least Racist ! your only Passing out Hate by name Calling You want the Hate to stop go read the good book you don’t need the internet to do that.

Have Blessed Day

The Watcher

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 10:43 pm
    • I was talking about these evil people with these ridiculous comments not the mentally ill man I agree 100% jugde not

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 10:27 pm
    • Not only are you horribly full of but what you’re saying is totally rooted in ego. And you’ll go to the ends of the earth to defend who you think you are ………….just a throwback from Broke Back Mountain.

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 10:33 pm
  • I would be an alcoholic mess too, if I was a guy, and my name was Shannon

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 7:36 pm
    • There is also a male college professor in Hudson, name Shannon…lmao. I’ve always wondered if he felt the same way.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 8:51 am
    • IceMan, you get the prize for best comment. LOL

Friday, 24 February 2017, 12:49 pm
  • Dosent anyone think this poor soul can come to a better future with love ,compassion,a kind word? i will wait for a reply.

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 7:32 pm
  • Sword a good weapon of choice for the crazy person

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 6:29 pm
  • Could Spring Hill be sending their crazed to brooksville???

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 5:50 pm
  • Sorry, I (also) agree with Rebel Pride, at least it would put an end to his habitual offender status.

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 5:29 pm
  • Eight times to prison in Florida, starting at age 19. Looks like he didn’t learn anything, possibly because they were all short-term sentences. Give him about 10-15 years mandatory and see how he acts then. And I agree with Rebel Pride 100%.

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 5:26 pm
  • Too bad someone didn’t exterminate this threat to society “while they feared for their life” and save the taxpayers some money…..
    Glad no innocent citizens weren’t hurt…

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 3:27 pm
    • There’s no such thing as an innocent citizen……..

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 5:33 pm
  • Piece of cake

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 3:12 pm
  • Not a problem, just shoot this piece of crap. Problem solved

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 3:10 pm
    • Ahhh shut up , Bethy, you miserable intercourse of the maternal parent.

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 5:31 pm
    • Join the army or navy bethy obviously none of you scums r in to church…. stop letting the devil rule ur mind cause he won’t have no mercy on ur evil soul once it’s ur turn pos

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 7:10 pm
      • Please leave the military out of this. Your statement is ignorant. people do not join the military to kill people!

Friday, 24 February 2017, 1:29 am
        • EXCELLENT: Very well said zero.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:56 am
          • thank you.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 6:54 pm
  • You Mean to Tell me Not One of You Walmartians Had a Concealed Weapons Permit & Gun With You & Could Have Put This POS Out Of Are Misery I Wish The F*ck I Was There! That Would Have Made My Day!!!!

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 3:08 pm
    • I wish you would’ve been there too…….and displayed a weapon and shot that man. Then, I’d like the state to determine that you weren’t justified in doing so …..and then lock your rebel up.

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 5:30 pm
    • Join the army or navy since u want to kill so bad or better yet go get some prayer for your evil spirit I guess everybody wit a drug problem deserve to die all u guys are a pos and stop listening to the devil all the time and yes I’m not a drug head or a alcoholic just a hard working southern white guy with a heart glad I wasn’t raised with all that hate u nasty people were

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 6:30 pm
    • This POS is somebody’s child. Y’all should be ashamed of yourselves, you judge somebody on a little piece of information and you know nothing about his life or events that have led him down a bad path. This man is mentally ill and needs help but violent people like you are part of the reason why we have such problems. Try to use your brains and be part of the solution instead of perpetuating the problem.

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 7:05 pm
      • Judge not so what your saying is you would let him harm you or your family? You would say to yourself as he is swinging a sword at you hey wait he is mentally ill let me not protect myself or my family. Smh

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 6:54 am
    • I’m thinking i would like to put Spice out of misery a true POS. come out spice you want to play with the watcher?

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 7:25 pm