Fire Destroys Spring Hill Home, Family of Four Displaced

SPRING HILL – Fire Rescue responded to 11389 Linden Drive this afternoon after reports of a structure fire at that location.

According to sources, a garage fire quickly spread to the rest of the home and it may be a complete loss.

One witness tells RNRF that a female occupant kept going inside the home to retrieve personal items and was finally stopped by a neighbor who was concerned for her safety.

The Red Cross has been called to help provide services to three adults and one child who occupied the home.

The State Fire Marshal will investigate the cause of the fire.

hf-1hf-2hf-3hf-4hf-5

Comments
  • Huh?

Saturday, 14 January 2017, 7:35 pm
  • Prayers to the family of this life altering event.

Why no coverage of the loss of the medical director for Hernando Beach FD? Why nothing of the falsified information from former Fire chief Frida, who is now Brooksvilles Fire Chief? Don’t want to lose access to the FD scenes you go to? Seems like real news to me.

Friday, 13 January 2017, 8:41 am
  • The family’s daughter is my bowling teammate, and they’re close with my grandmother. I hope and pray they’re alright.

Thursday, 12 January 2017, 11:31 am
  • God Bless I know from experience what they are going through. What they will need most is clothes and money. It takes awhile to get the insurance money. Money will allow them to get into a place and get the personal items they will need.

Thursday, 12 January 2017, 11:29 am
  • Do they need any help?

Thursday, 12 January 2017, 9:11 am
  • Our hearts & prayers go out to this family. Mementos may be gone but thank God you still have each other – that’s the MOST IMPORTANT thing. We pray God & St. Jude ease your pain & assist in your recovery of a normal life as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, 11 January 2017, 10:17 pm
  • This is a great time for the great people that live in this community to come together and give love and support and help this family. I am in.

Wednesday, 11 January 2017, 8:50 pm
  • Prayers for the family, thankful no one was injured.

Wednesday, 11 January 2017, 7:40 pm
  • Thankfully no one was hurt

Wednesday, 11 January 2017, 7:07 pm
  • Thankful no one was injured. Hope they were insured although there were losses that cannot be replaced’

Wednesday, 11 January 2017, 5:59 pm
  • God bless her and her family. When I ran over to her in the backyard she was very distressed. I couldnt imagine losing my home. Everybody got out of the house when the odds were against them according to what room she was in. Everybody is okay and god was truley with them today. Everybody send prayers please it could happen to anyone. GOD BLESS

Wednesday, 11 January 2017, 3:36 pm
    • I was so sorry to hear the news- my super close friend and her children were staying with the mother in law trying to save money . They lost everything- clothes, family heirlooms, school supplies and almost their life- thankfully they were awake when it happened. I heard they are staying in a hotel now and trying to find a place to rent. I am living out of state and so happy they escaped by minutes.This makes me cry- they need prayers right now…

Thursday, 12 January 2017, 7:37 pm
    • Are you able to find out if they need anything? I have a 7 year old boy and clothes I may give away if their child is in need but no gender was told.

Sunday, 15 January 2017, 12:14 pm