Two Vehicle Injury Crash, Cortez and Winter, Driver Possibly Under the Influence

BROOKSVILLE – Fire Rescue is on the scene of a two vehicle crash at the intersection of Cortez Blvd and Winter Street where at least two people are reportedly injured.

There is some road blockage in the eastbound lanes of Cortez Blvd at this time.

There are unconfirmed reports that one of the drivers may be under the influence of alcohol.

The Florida Highway Patrol will be investigating the cause of the crash.

accident-with-injuries

Comments
  • Sugarfootinginfl, Sorry for your loss, Unfortunately there aren’t a lot of responsible people out there, we have become an all about me society and drunk drivers , well there are no words Stay well, be safe and again sorry for the loss of your brother, sad indeed.

Thursday, 12 January 2017, 5:21 pm
  • Clearly you have had no one die or be injured by drunks in your family. You are truly blessed. Drunk drivers are a plague on this earth.

Wednesday, 11 January 2017, 8:22 am
    • Els, go back and re read, sugarfootinfl, she was spot on. ÇLEARLY YOU READ IT WRONG.

Wednesday, 11 January 2017, 6:23 pm
      • Thank You Smh????? ..It seems Your The ONLY One That Read My Comment The Correct Way…And ElS…Unfortunaely I have Lost My Baby Brother at the age of 25 years old to a Drunk Driver In a Hit And Run!! And To The Comment Posted From OH NO… I Do Have More sense than some one that’s Drunk.. I am a Ex Bartender..and if I had served someone that was to drunk to drive I would always get them home either by a cab or by taking there keys.. and would sometimes drive them home or called a friend or family member!! That’s Being Responsible!!!

Thursday, 12 January 2017, 4:30 pm
        • I understood. That was why I said clearly you have more sense….

Thursday, 12 January 2017, 6:08 pm
        • My daughter has been in that position as a restaurant manager to take someones keys if they were drunk. I applaud all of you.

Thursday, 12 January 2017, 6:11 pm
  • You Would Think In This day and Time That People That Choose to drink should be more responsible.. give Your Keys To The Bartender.. Call A Cab…or a Family Member or a Friend or walk home …Please Don’t destroy your lives and other Lives !!!

Tuesday, 10 January 2017, 9:05 pm
    • Clearly you have more sense than people who drink and drive.

Tuesday, 10 January 2017, 11:10 pm
    • Excellent = however a Drunk is a Drunk and they are gonna do what they want when they want. Sad but true

Wednesday, 11 January 2017, 6:20 pm