Corrections Officer Charged with Strangling Wife During Domestic Dispute

BROOKSVILLE – A Corrections Officer in Sumter County is facing a felony domestic battery charge, after officials say he strangled his wife during a domestic dispute.

According to reports, Christopher John Gallagher and his wife were engaged in a verbal argument at their Brooksville residence, when Gallagher grabbed his wife around the throat and threw her to the bathroom floor. The victim claims that Gallagher strangled her near the point of unconsciousness and banged her head against the edge of the shower.

Sources say Gallagher avoided arrest for several hours but was eventually taken into custody without incident and booked into the Hernando County Jail.

Gallagher is charged with domestic battery and domestic battery by strangulation.

rep-1

Comments
  • So now this wreck of a family, The Wrights, have used their polluted ways to outcast the better half of one of their loser sons, the husband and wife are both druggies, now because these system users have struck, also keep in mind this sis in law is the one that had sex with Megan and somehow this wanted lesbo shos was labeled illegal. Their poor daughter cries for her druggie mom while the druggie father stays home as usual and this is also the same phony wanna be tough guy that thought he was gonna do something when this initial fake news went down. Typical wimp stood down which is what they do, talk n step back.

Monday, 18 June 2018, 12:48 pm
  • So an update on this saga: the fat cunt is pregnant and the chubby kid thinks it’s his. Florida probation at its best!! These two were carrying on when there was supposed to be no contact. Reason being, Mr CJ received a small settlement, I say small because a money grubbing hoe has no standards so any amount will do. Unfortunately for young tubby his family ABSOLUTELY CANT STAND HIS WIFE MEGAN AND WILL NEVER, EVER HAVE A CORDIAL CONVERSATION WITH THE POS. So by moving to be near the fat bitch all you did was make it easier to cut ties with you both. We have a pool as to when fatty puts you back in custody. Dummy once a broad puts you in the system you are supposed to permanently turn your back on her. No Exceptions!! This bitch unblocked your family on Facebook so they could see she was pregnant. And you go back to that, clearly going with a person who had you locked up and saying you to those of us that stood by you when you were locked up both times. Nothing, not a kid, winning lotto or buying anything new is gonna make your toxic marriage work. But you know everything, your best effort got you right where you are now.

Monday, 15 January 2018, 3:05 am
  • ?

Monday, 27 February 2017, 2:49 pm
  • ???

Monday, 27 February 2017, 2:33 pm
  • ?

Monday, 27 February 2017, 2:21 pm
  • ?

Monday, 27 February 2017, 2:00 pm
  • Fatso(megan wright), as she is known. Stay at home weed smoker. Can’t get a job, mooches off of everyone in her loser family(especially the mom). Has faked rape claims, pregnancies and miscarriages. Lives a life on social media with her mommy(another mental case) coming to her defense. Megan Wright you can fool some of the people some of the time but never all of the people all of the time. This is a case of self defense you forgot to tell people how you smashed a phone on his head, oh I’m sorry that doesn’t fit your scripted social media agenda. Shame on you.

Monday, 27 February 2017, 1:51 pm
    • It’s funny that this so called victim had to go to a reporter to tell her story and the reporter was just as dumb for writing this. The alleged victim(and her stupid mother) in this case has been shunned by Mr Gallaghers family since they’ve been together. All of them knew that one day this trash pail of a woman would make him a perpetrator. She has lied about 2 rapes(no evidence only Tawana Brawley type circumstances). Too bad for Mr Gallagher that he allowed himself to be played by this “will always be a loser, with a loser mother” trash pail. She lives for the very comments she and her lunatic mother provide on this link as well as hundreds of others on Facebook. I’m not asking anyone to back Christopher, I’m telling you that in a few years Megan Wright will be on some link or page somewhere talking about how she was done wrong by somebody or someone, remember you heard it here first. The 4 year free ride is over and while we are sad for him, we are rejoicing that you are gone.

Monday, 27 February 2017, 7:02 pm
      • Funniest thing I’ve seen online in awhile

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 3:02 pm
      • There’s 3 sides to every story. His, hers and the truth. Alotta “bozacks on Prozac” like to plead there case on here rather than the proper forum. What kind of person would come on here and entertain questions about such an incident. The woman and her mother seem to have it planned and well rehearsed. She clearly states she was leaving, then went back.
        The system is so biased against men in these cases that only her lies will be believed. To think a reporter had nothing better to do than trash a LEO on the say so of an obviously disturbed person is in itself incomprehensible.
        God is watching and knows what’s what.

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 3:15 pm
        • Amen to that my man

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 8:02 pm
  • Alot of facts are missing. One: the so called victim in this case hasn’t put in an honest days work in her life. Two:she has cried rape twice in her life and only her questionable family has believed her. Three: she’s been living rent and utility free, with her husband paying for EVERYTHING. Three: while Mr Gallagher is in very big trouble, his family NEVER accepted his wife/ girlfriend as a part of their family.
    Some people are born into the world to have a purpose, others are born to be victims. The victim in this case is more concerned with posting her troubles in life on here and social media.
    These are the facts and they are undisputed.
    Good riddance

Monday, 27 February 2017, 1:29 pm
    • I remember the lady, she’s the one that cost this guy his job at the Herbalife club. One time I was there she hit on me. Wow! She’s a tub of lard

Monday, 27 February 2017, 2:32 pm
    • I remember this gal we went on a date next thing I know she says she’s preggo. Weird stuff

Monday, 27 February 2017, 2:35 pm
    • Dummy you put three twice

Monday, 27 February 2017, 11:51 pm
  • ?

Monday, 27 February 2017, 1:13 pm
  • Rich quit eatin your boogers and put done the banjo, there feel better now ?? . Another idiot with nothin but ignorant things to post.

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 1:32 pm
  • I see goobers and hear banjo music

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 8:41 am
  • This is my cousins husband. Please pray for her and I pray his get all the charges he can get.

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 12:23 am
    • God is watching, always. He knows you’re cousin is all about false this, false that. Wise up and move on from her.

Monday, 27 February 2017, 2:57 pm
  • Correctional Officers don’t carry weapons inside the prison/jail.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:41 pm
    • hmm ..you think theres hugs loaded into those tower rifles? smh.. you dont think beyond eat sleep and poop.. do u..

Friday, 24 February 2017, 10:47 pm
      • U eat sleep and eat ? in towers only thats it not inside listen for once boy and hope never have to go to the hospital you work at damn talk everyone to death..

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 11:30 am
  • Florida.arrests.org search Christopher Gallagher

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:16 pm
    • I followed your hyperlink “whatacoward” and can’t believe the number of arrested men with that name! Must have been a baker’s dozen sale on that one!

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 12:41 pm
  • Delta Foreva,
    Wow! What a loser! I’m assuming the wife was going to try and drop the previous charge since they got back together. I hope he loses his job and doesn’t try to leach off the government!

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:14 pm
    • The thing is, even if I wanted to drop charges, their the states charges, so they won’t drop them unless they want to. We still had a no contact order from the last go around that I never dropped… Yeah we were working on things because he was in batterers intervention counseling and doing quite well with it… obviously it doesn’t work that well though. But anyways the charges were never dropped from the first time, his lawyer just keeps asking for continuance at the court hearings and they just keep pushing it off.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 9:03 pm
      • They’re*

Friday, 24 February 2017, 9:04 pm
        • Wow I bet nobody in his family liked you. Did you ever have a job? Didn’t you assault him? Didn’t you make up pregnancies and miscarriages? Oh sorry forgot you can’t get pregnant

Monday, 27 February 2017, 2:47 pm
      • We could hear you two arguing 3 houses down across the street.
        Good job you have overtaken your trashy neighbors across the street in times the cops come to the house.
        Oh yeah, good job being on this thread and clarifying everything, we wouldn’t wanna think you were white trash or anything.

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 8:08 pm
    • When you were in school did they have a dunce cap for you on 24 hr standby?

Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 7:38 am
  • This is the guy who used to sell Herbalife drinks at the place next to 50. He looked like a trash bag so I’m not surprised to hear he’s been in trouble yet again. Don’t worry “CJ”, I’m sure your Herbalife family will take you back… they’ll do anything for a dollar.

I hope his soon-to-be ex realizes this time around that he’s never going to change. If this article is about a current arrest then this would be at least his second for domestic violence with her!

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:10 pm
    • No doubt, they make the fat skinny then fat again. Dumb also, apparently. What a bunch of tahrahrah goon de ahs

Friday, 3 March 2017, 10:17 pm
  • Thats bs that you dpnt put a leos mugshot up there

Friday, 24 February 2017, 6:20 pm
    • agree with that and i bet he is diggin deep trying to remember every person he treated just a little bit on the shitty side and hoping they have a severe case of C R S when he happens across one of them. anyway we’ll have that with some of these corruption officers time to time. hopefully he will get the opportunity to meet his.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:09 pm
    • Laura, I agree, criminal is a criminal, why the special treatment from hcso?? Not Tom’s fault, hcso rule. Wonder why???

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:11 pm
  • This stain went out on workers comp for months and then got arrested for DV and false imprisonment… He was awaiting discipline for that DV charge but wouldn’t come back to work. Now like a year later he gets another DV ?!?!?! Maybe now they’ll can that lazy mongoloid. This was not a good Correctional Officer and I don’t believe it’s fair to paint him as one of us.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 5:31 pm
    • Pay your dues sonny boy, you know who I am and what I’m talking about. Why didn’t you reveal this information to me previously. Wait til now to step up. My back is turned to you boy.

Monday, 27 February 2017, 2:53 pm
  • Bet he squats to pee !! ?

Friday, 24 February 2017, 3:46 pm
  • Why is this not a mugshot – they are showing him receiving an award. WTF

Friday, 24 February 2017, 3:26 pm
    • Just go to the hernando county sheriff’s website. You can look up that POS!

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:47 pm
  • Call the dog police…….

Friday, 24 February 2017, 3:19 pm
  • looks like uncle buck

Friday, 24 February 2017, 2:54 pm
  • She is his wife, not live in girlfriend.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 2:47 pm
  • REAL TOUGH GUY, YOU PIECE OF HUMAN WASTE, Some prisoner that you guard should have beaten your ass a long time ago. Well now they take your gun (yeah) and you loose your job,, excellent! Don’t they screen these workers physiologicaly before hiring ? I bet you are a real chicken shit without your weapon up against a man I am a woman and I would watch while someone beat your ass!! Hope the girlfriend is ok and gets away from him and stays away, it will only get worse if you stay. Good Luck. Btw, if that’s you with your face sporting that big smile, your bmi is obese, in other words you are a fat dud.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 2:43 pm
    • Chicken is correct. I’ve made him cry like a baby and he’s too scared to come around me ?

Friday, 24 February 2017, 4:21 pm
      • All the bad I see are all anonymous. Quit hiding behind the computer. Who are you that your so bad, I’m sure you’re the cry baby

Friday, 24 February 2017, 6:26 pm
        • Meet me is your real name??, mama didn’t think that one out very good when naming you did she or is that YOU wife beater, you out already??? Lmbo

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:16 pm
        • Really??? Anonymous was my best friend. I will GLADLY post my name. I’m not scared at all. He put his hands on me and left bruises all over me. So how am I the cry baby? I literally was moments from death with his hands around my neck. Couldn’t breathe, couldn’t talk, eyes rolled back, stars in my eyes. Keep defending a piece of ?? he’s going to prison where he belongs

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:19 pm
          • Megan, you have my sympathy and I wish you well, happy you had the courage to leave,wife beaters Are a dangerous breed and a lot of women die from it, Good luck to you put this and him behind you and YES he deserves prison time, Prayers for you and your future!

Friday, 24 February 2017, 8:00 pm
        • The good news here is that I don’t answer to you buddy. 😉

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 12:23 pm
      • I’ve prayed everyday for what you typed. You suck in fantasy sports wimp.

Monday, 27 February 2017, 3:03 pm
      • Your a real tough country f**g*t ain’t ya. Zip it drug gie

Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 5:17 am
      • Softy look at u now bahahaha, wish you woulda tried something. Grow a set and come see me

Monday, 18 June 2018, 12:55 pm
    • Oh yeah. You believe everything you read there Miss Piggy

Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 5:15 am
  • She is his wife. Please check your facts.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 2:41 pm
    • Who cares it was a women..

Friday, 24 February 2017, 3:21 pm
      • troll

Friday, 24 February 2017, 3:58 pm
  • His wife, not girlfriend. WIFE

Friday, 24 February 2017, 2:38 pm
  • Tom you need to correct that, it was his wife not girlfriend.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 2:35 pm
    • So he broke up with his wife not his girlfriend that great his wife was a big nag his girlfriend is so much nicer good job

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 10:54 am
  • His wife**

Friday, 24 February 2017, 2:29 pm
  • He looks like the guy from Full Metal Jacket

Friday, 24 February 2017, 2:19 pm
  • Lock his up, he better than others should know better. Oh crap, go ahead and hangem

Friday, 24 February 2017, 2:15 pm
    • Ahhhh shut up , Bethy , nobody pulled your chain……have another snort of bathtub gin.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 2:50 pm
    • It’s unfortunate that a woman can totally nag a man to the point he gets so frustrated that he resorts to physical manipulation to stop this aggravation. Now his career is in jeopardy.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 6:22 pm
      • There is NO excuse for what he did. He deserves to be in jail. I know his wife and she is a wonderful person. He is a bully.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 6:42 pm
        • I agree with you NDNgirl4ever. I know his wife to and she is an amazing caring woman

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:49 pm
        • You believe in Santa and the tooth fairy too I bet. Do you know she hasn’t ever had a job, smokes up everyday. Also has a history of false claims and is always on some link or post doing exactly what she’s doing on this one. Smarten up, choose your friends and little more wisely. This dope will be on a thread in 3 or 4 years with some other poor slob as her victim of lies and deceit.

Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 5:27 am
      • Can you tell me what I was nagging him about? Because I’m pretty sure I was just telling him how he’s emotionally abusive and how I was leaving him with my car packed up. He begged me to come home and say goodbye civilly. I told him I didn’t love him anymore, but still went back to say goodbye and it went to this… so tell me exactly where I was nagging him?! I have never nagged him to do anything. He’s always done what he wants to do and told me not to work because he wanted EVERY form of power over me. This guy is NOT a good guy. If you want to see all the bruises and the holes in the walls and all the doors he broke down over my back, I will gladly send you pictures.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:13 pm
        • NOT a good guy. Why did you stay after the first time? You married him for better or for worse. There’s no part of your vows that says put all your woes out in public. This, the fake rapes and pregnancies, will all surface again, only next time it will be some poor soul that has a good life right now but will be sucked into your Web of deceit and lies. I’ll say a prayer for him

Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 12:15 am
      • Ur dumb “obvious” to even side with the abuser. I don’t give a rats how much nagging is done it’s called walking away. To put hands on someone especially a woman is out of line.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:22 pm
      • There was no nagging on her end. This isnt his first go around either.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:24 pm
      • Yes let’s please victim blame! Because it’s totally okay to put your hands on someone because they are nagging you. And it’s not physical manipulation, it’s call ABUSE.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:26 pm
      • First of all, you don’t crap about the situation, so how can you comment something like that? Second of all, when is it ever ok for a man to put his hands on a woman? I’m assuming that you are a coward who thinks it’s ok to do stuff like this to a woman but if a guy confronts you, you’ll be scared as hell n run n hide.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:45 pm
      • You have no idea what you’re talking about!!! A man should NEVER put his hands on a woman!!! Any decent man knows this!!!!

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:57 pm
        • Unfortunately for you, your daughter won’t ever attract Decent. False claims of rape, being pregnant and domestic abuse does not a decent woman make neither. You and her are a disgrace to the poor souls that believe the lies you spew. The people that matter in this are not you and her, it’s those that have had no use for you the past four years. Rejoice!!

Monday, 27 February 2017, 3:23 pm
          • Well she doesn’t want to attract idiots like this.. so I guess that’s a good thing!

Monday, 27 February 2017, 4:16 pm
          • Well it’s quite obvious that your either Christoper’s family or friend. Megan never mentioned miscarriages or rape. If you want to believe HIS lies, feel free. The person that matters in this is the VICTIM…MEGAN!!!!! Thank God she is rid of that low-life, lying, conniving, animal POS!!!

Monday, 27 February 2017, 4:54 pm
      • Same can be said for sassy mouth teenagers to their parents and grandparents!

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 12:53 am
        • Very ugly person makes false allegations just so her and her mommy can have a social media agenda. This hag hasn’t worked a job. Is trained as a nurse but just can’t get a job. How else do you explain 100s of jobs in a 50 miles radius. It’s a can’t get along with people issue. Megan Wright=Fake Rape claims, fake pregnancies and miscarriages. I feel sorry for the next victim hopefully somebody will tug his or her collar.

Monday, 27 February 2017, 2:18 pm
          • That’s ridiculous. You don’t know my life. I don’t have to explain anything to someone so bitter and obviously friends with him. Have a good life!

Monday, 27 February 2017, 3:18 pm
          • Social media agenda? So the bruises are fake? And the drs records are fake too? You sound dumb!

✌️

Monday, 27 February 2017, 3:23 pm
          • WTF are you talking about!!?? “social media agenda”? Don’t like it that your family member was finally busted for being the tyrant he is? Megan doesn’t need to explain anything to anyone!!! You have no freaking clue. Go back in your hole!

Monday, 27 February 2017, 5:00 pm
            • He super mom how’s the family holding up…

Monday, 18 June 2018, 12:57 pm
      • I don’t even have enough time in the day to tell you just how wrong you are.

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 1:11 am
      • Maybe next time she will have dinner cooked when he gets home from work

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 6:32 am
        • Yup tubby should have had a sammich ready or something. She probably smoked up and ate all the munchies. Feed me!!!

Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 5:13 am