SWAT Member Shoots Pit Bull During Early Morning Drug Raid, 5 Charged

BROOKSVILLE – A sad reminder that drug dealing and Pit Bull ownership do not mix, after a Pit Bull was shot and killed during an early morning drug raid.

According to officials, while executing a search warrant at 9033 Parrish Ave this morning, a Pit Bull charged after and attacked a SWAT team member. During the attack, a second team member shot the dog while other team members deployed pepper spray, which had no effect. Moments later, the dog appeared to be going into shock and was no longer a threat to deputies.

The dog was transported by an HCSO Animal Enforcement Officer to a local emergency veterinarian for immediate care.  Once at the facility, the veterinarian determined the dog would require surgery but the dog’s owner chose to euthanize the animal.

During the Parrish Ave raid detectives simultaneously executed a warrant at 20030 Peyton Place, less than a block away. That raid resulted in the arrest of one individual who also faces numerous drug charges.

Inside the home on Parrish Ave detectives located 70 grams of liquid methamphetamine, 17 grams of crystal meth, MDMA pills (ecstasy), morphine, and paraphernalia.

Vanessa Billingsly, 29, Brandy Parker, 39, and John Hazelton, 49, all face numerous sales and possession charges. Jerry Parker, 49, is charged with being a felon in possession of ammunition.

42-year-old Brian Wendler was arrested at the Peyton Place address and is held on a $42,000 bond.

hdhd-2 hdhd-3 hdhd1 sdas-drugs

Comments
  • To the families related to the arrested in this post: I personally understand the pain caused by drugs and addictions, I have one nephew deceased and another In prison with a 100+ year sentence. His addiction was a result of a doctor who sold the scripts in a parking lot to youth in his community. (five youth died from his actions). The types of drugs that were found in the house are very destructive. Have you ever looked at the before and after photos of meth users? It deforms and ages them horribly. Further, drugs destroy families. The addict will take every last penny to feed his addiction, even steal and sell what is not theirs. I could not in good conscience sell a drug that will help in destroying a family, or the well being of another. And honestly, I have seen photos of many drug busts, and have personally known many drug dealers because of addicted family members. Never have I seen them having a nice home, car, or even seeming to care about the conditions of their homes. If there reason for selling drugs is because it is their source of income, then why does it not appear that they are using their profits wisely? I feel it is usually because they are selling to fund their own addictions. And the vicious cycle continues. I apologize, but I do not agree with selling harmful drugs which only contribute to the downfall of others, especially the children affected by it. I do not judge, but perhaps one who has a “good heart” should judge themselves and know they are not making a good decision.

Friday, 10 March 2017, 10:55 am
  • Tom, I love your reports and I know you recieve hell for all of them no matter what the news. I just wanna say it was really awful that after the dog was shot, the article says “it appears he went into shock”. Thats horrifying, animals cant help themselves like we as human beings can, and it’s so upsetting that that detail was included.

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 12:13 am
  • There are so many drugs in this neighborhood it’s about time! I love dogs and feel bad about that he did not deserve to be shot that part is sad but I wasn’t there either and support local LEO in their efforts to clean up this area. Try living here and getting your belongings stolen because of all these scumbag drug users and looking at all the trash they leave around .We have found needles in the street. There are kids that live and play here! They should be able to be safe in their own yards. There is foot traffic and people on bicycles at all hours because they don’t have cars or licenses. They have stolen bicycles motorcycles tools broke into vehicles and homes and started fights on our properties the cops have been out multiple times because of fights and intoxication and screaming and yelling and looking for these dirtbags for one reason or another. Some of them are repeat offenders for drugs and stealing. We have seen them selling drugs right out in the open they don’t care. The rest of us are hard working law abiding citizens and don’t deserve to have to put up with this and worry about our kids and our property. I for one am glad this is reported so we know the cops are finally doing something and know what is happening. These are the people I have seen running the streets around here they are not innocent.

Monday, 27 February 2017, 6:20 pm
  • Attacking dogs, maybe we need to send veterinarian’s out with the teams going heavy on drug dealers now? They put so much at risk, if it really mattered they wouldn’t do it. Next it will be Medicade for dogs! Get a job, live within your means and within the law!

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 10:48 am
  • Did it again midget you came up to my waste at the meat counter go f yourself

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 8:16 am
  • Hernando county sheriff should have animal control with all raids where there are known dogs. The whole operation of surveillance informs swat well in advance of any and all issues they might face during such a raid.

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 9:44 pm
  • At the end of the day, it’s good to toss some pit bull steaks on the grill. They taste good with a little A-1 sauce!

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 9:35 pm
    • You’re an for your remark..maybe u are one of the monsters that do exist!

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 3:00 pm
  • Suppose to be they know it CAN
    kill

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 5:36 pm
  • This is to ” disappointed reader” maybe it’s the owners fought the dog got shot ( so sorry for the dog) but if your embarrassed because the story paints a picture of your family that you say is wrong we’ll have you ever learned that IF YOU BREAK THE LAW OR ARE INVOLVED WITH SOMEONE BREAKING THE LAW OR EVEN AT YOUR RESIDENCE YOU ARE JUST AS GUILTY. I know a lot of very nice people also but when they manufacture and or sell this crap how nice are they when they know it can’t kill. They are greedy and don’t give a rats who they sell to.

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 5:34 pm
  • Does anyone proofread their comments before posting? I don’t think 3/4 of the people trashing Tom should be talking if they can’t even form a coherent thought…..

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 4:54 pm
  • Good job in bringing us local news Tom Lemons!

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 4:01 pm
  • Tom f word on here and you tweek mine if i say glad another pit is dead.

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 3:02 pm
  • IF FOLKS HAVE SUCH LITTLE RESPECT FOR OUR L.E.O. and Tom ? Why do they keep reading his site ?? Everyone is just doing their job
    !!!!!

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 12:51 pm
  • Madea kicks !!!

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 12:34 pm
  • And poor bull just solidifies my case..sheese.

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 12:33 pm
  • Tom I would like to thank you again for keeping us informed of what is going on in the communities we live in. As far as the people who put you down for reporting this, they are part of the problem. Ones who stick up for these hard core drug dealers haven’t a clue. As far as the dog, well, as a dog lover myself, this is unfortunate and nobodies fault but the owners. Keep up the excellent work Tom. I look forward to your reporting the truth…..

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 9:41 am
  • Pissed off dog lover unfortunately sounds like the prevailing mentality of many of the uneducated morons who have infested Spring Hill over the last 10 to 20 years. Where are these low life white trash dirt bags coming from? Meth heads and pitbulls are not a good combination but they seem drawn to each other. Go back to third grade and learn some punctuation and proper grammar you moron

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 8:37 am
  • Yeah its said to think people live like this.tom you do a great job reporting the news.it helps people see what this area has become.you cant blame the hcso for what happen to the pitbull.I own one and when raised right they are a wondrrful breed.the dog would have never been in a situation like that if not for the owners.remeber this are the people who could harm you or sell to the people that could.drug addicts will do anything for money.take dog died for the greater good and im sure the hcso is not holding a party because they had to shoot the animal.it was for the greater good of our area.now theres less sells for more people to be strung out and destroying our communities.good job tom and good job hcso.the more they take off the streets the safer it is for us and animals.for the looks of that place im sure this was the best way for that animal and i know that would be the last thing i would want living next to me.

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 7:46 am
  • Unfortunately bad people own dogs too…

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 6:52 am
  • Sorry but hcso do what they want when they want and they get away with murder killing dogs jerk off in movie theaters parking lots abuse come on Yeah there is a problem with drugs but the cops in this town choose to arrest or fine people when they feel like it fuck 89 percent of hcso just being real

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 5:45 am
  • Look, it’s bad enough to be a drug user, it makes you a LOSER. But to deal in a neighborhood full of families/children, makes you certifiable scumbags. You were caught committing crimes. GET • OVER • IT. Don’t do the crime, if you can’t do the time 😉
    Do us ALL a favor while in lock up and GROW the hell UP. Enough said….

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 12:49 am
  • All that I would like to say is, it’s sad how quickly people are to judge based off of a post. Personally Tom, I have not read one of your reports that contained 100% accuracy. I understand that reporters write with intent to “catch their reader.” I just hope one day you could realize that humiliating people for what they’ve done has an effect not only on the people you’re writing about. My mom is in this post, and now people are contacting me like crazy. Not only is it an embarrassment (and I know you may feel that there would be nothing to be embarrassed about if she didn’t make the choices she made) but these people are calling my mother a low life, because all they know about her is what you’ve shared. You don’t know her personal involvement in this situation. You don’t know any of them. Obviously, I look at this differently because they are people I know and love. I don’t know the other two but I know my mom and Jerry. And they would do anything for me. They’re far from low lives. I’m not saying anyone is perfect. I’m also not disregarding what was found in that home. But, this story doesn’t tell what truly happened or who these possessions really belonged to. Harley was a great dog, a family dog, who was protective of his owners. I understand what you’re trying to do here. I truly do. It’s just a shame that because of what you have written people now have a judgement on my mother without personally knowing her. Also, to the people who don’t understand where I’m coming from… that’s okay. Maybe one day (which I hope will never happen) something like this will happen to your loved one. It’s already hard enough seeing them go through what they do. Whether they have chosen their path or not.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 11:21 pm
    • I’m so sorry you have to deal with all this humiliation, but please don’t take it out on Tom. He just reports from what the sheriff’s dept. tells him. As far as the arrests, the pics and the drugs, well, that is public info. Hernando county takes the mugshots and puts them online for all to see. I personally appreciate the info he puts out there. This way I don’t have to wait a week to find out what is going on around my neighborhood. I’m sorry you’re embarrassed, but it’s not Tom’s fault. Your mom was there when the crap went down. I’m sure she knew what was there.

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 12:56 pm
    • hmm what was written is shameful not the family destorying life ruining drugs they were peddling to people. Family dog protecting the stash of drugs, guns and money.
      If they really wanted to do something for you why didn’t they get clean, find jobs, even if flipping burgers, and become law abiding community serving citizens. ? No they wanted to be drug dealing, using, gun toting gangsters that wanted the easy life.
      What they were to is pointless and doesn’t matter. What they were in reality is all that matters.
      Maybe they can smarten up and get clean while serving their sentences and become better citizens in the older age and hopefully wiser and smarter. Otherwise let them rot in hell.

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 11:18 pm
    • I personally know your mom and Jerry from way before the drugs and they both are really good people. Specially your mom. And still are. They would both give the shirts off there backs to someone in need..People who dont know the struggle of addiction are very 1 way minded and dont realize the pain most of go thru day after day. Keep ur head held high.. ❤

Monday, 27 February 2017, 3:06 am
    • I am sorry you feel embarrassed. My children’s father is in this post also. Are they embarrassed? Probably. But what they are mainly is hurt. Hurt that he has chosen drugs over them. Drugs over birthdays, graduations, and time that could be spent with them. They are sad that they have been continuously lied to. That they have done without because he has become a junkie who is $200,000 behind in child support. Yes, you read that number correctly. He was once a property owning, money making member of society who now chooses to live this life. I hope the judge puts him away for a long period of time. This is the only way he may learn his lesson and possibly get clean (even though I doubt that). He is a loser. They are all adults choosing to live this life. Sorry but your mom is too. You know the saying, “Birds of a feather?” I pray for their father to be better because that is what will help my children. They are young adults now, but children always want parental approval/ attention etc. I truly am sorry you are suffering for your parents actions and also for the poor dog. I hope things get better for you.

Monday, 27 February 2017, 8:36 pm
  • unfortunately this is a small portion of a bigger problem. we keep treating the problem with the same techniques and the amount of users keeps increasing. thats the definition of crazy. doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. what a terrible epidemic.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 11:00 pm
  • Thank you for telling us the truth,TOM.Best site in Hernando County,keeping it honest.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 10:43 pm
  • Useless scumbags I only feel sorry for the dog ugh just gets worse by the day anymore

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:43 pm
  • Pretty sure Mr. Lemmons is spot on most.of the time…It is a reporters job to sensationalize to get readers.. It is the Sheffifs departments job to gather facts.If you dont like the wording of Mr. Lemmons please spend your time gathering the offical facts and documentation at the Hernado County Sherriffs office VIA the Public Indormation Officer…You can get reports, statistics and oodles more info.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:35 pm
    • You type and sound like food…Good job Tom???

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 6:58 am
  • Oh God where do i start the house or the dog ?

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:14 pm
  • Getting so sick of these POS drug dealers and their friends and family complaining about getting busted on here. If you care for your dog so much, then don’t do drugs and break the law. Not sure how Tom keeps getting blamed, don’t shoot the messenger just because you don’t like the message.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:14 pm
  • Thank you HCSO for locking these junkie losers up! One by one shut these dirtbags down!

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:04 pm
  • Good for you TOM!!! I love your reports. You work hard to let us know whats going on. TY

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:03 pm
  • Absolutely

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:00 pm
  • you are a lowlife reporter who has nothing better to do than to make story seem way worse than what they really are. what’s your big deal of pit bulls? you have no clue the pain that dog felt . what would you do if somebody busted into your home and you had no clue who they were using the dogs all this white outfit and was like oh man that’s the cops I should invite him know his first thing is to attack them because they’re in his home he has no clue who’s good or bad all he knows is it somebody’s in his house that shouldn’t be. and you say the dog attacked the officer but where is the real facts because that’s not the truth.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 6:19 pm
      • I spoke personally with them, if you are “attacked” by any animal you would be bleeding and no officer bled from this dog, that’s not an “attack” you talk about this dog like his life means nothing, he laid on the ground bleeding for hours before anyone sought medical attention, what’s your opinion on pitbulls ? you seem to always have something negative to say about them.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 6:47 pm
    • Sad for the dog that the POS owners were running drugs out of their home. Maybe if these low lifes were doing the right thing, the police would never have had to come to their home. You play you pay! They should all be charged with attempted murder as far as I am concerned for selling these nasty drugs!! how many families and how many people die from this garbage daily? I know for a fact that there area lot of families with children that live in that neighborhood. What if any of these kids got a hold of this garbage? or got ran over because of someone under the influence? They should be held responsible !

Friday, 24 February 2017, 6:51 pm
    • Seriously ? ?? They went in found DANGEROUS DRUGS THAT OBVIOUSLY WERE PREPARING TO SELL!!! DOG GETS SHOT and that’s what you are worried sbout, NOT THE DRUGS?? YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!! Get your priorities in order, or you are part of the problem .You don’t like the site, then don’t read it.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:02 pm
      • did you first hand see the dog bleeding out? nope you didnt, have a heart or dont dumb .

Friday, 24 February 2017, 8:23 pm
        • So what you’re saying is you were in a meth house during a raid and witnessed this? Ok, therefore you’re a scumbag too and your opinion doesn’t matter

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 11:21 am
        • i believe the dog should NOT have been shot BUT if the scum bags ALL OF THEM werent wheelin and dealin it would not have happened they are all SCUM!!!

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 4:19 pm
      • Didn’t they kill some one other day out in brooksville for beating a dog almost killing both dogs idk maybe I’m wrong lmfao

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 5:40 am
        • you mean the guy that also stabbed a deputy. yup he’s dead.

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 8:42 am
    • Sounds like you were there maybe they should investigate you to

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 5:02 pm
  • They could have picked any number of homes in that neighborhood to raid, and got about the same results.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 5:24 pm
  • Just to clear the air here jerry parker was not charged in any of this….and shame on hernando county for allowing this scum bag tom lemons in the house to take pictures how despicable…the dog had to be humanly euthanized….becuase his wounds were too extensive….the dog was behind a closed door that was clearly marked beware of dog

Friday, 24 February 2017, 5:04 pm
      • Hes was not in possession of a firearm they found a shotgun shell

Friday, 24 February 2017, 8:05 pm
      • He had no firearm fact checker ammo was all was in home he was not in possession of drugs

Friday, 24 February 2017, 8:18 pm
      • i love how people ambush the reporter like they were there. maybe all these winners will find god and be productive NOTTTTTT…

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 5:02 pm
        • Maybe you can find god you ever heard heard the verse about god judging them NOT YOU! You people get on here and go off on your self righteous soapbox when you only have 3 sentences of information. The dog was very loving never bothered anyone unless his home was being violated and protecting his owner. Grow up get a life.

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 7:08 am
        • And you’re a saint? Which one? Do u know any of them? Well I do..so shut the f*** up!

Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 10:28 am
    • Look at the pictures again.Tom Lemons is not the scumbag!

Friday, 24 February 2017, 6:12 pm
    • but yet his home is being used for drug sales and the wife has trafficking charges. lol you’re hilarious lady. Jerry is suuuuch a saint.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 7:31 pm
    • Being charged with a Felon in Possession of Handgun does not necessarily mean that the person had it on their person. Simply being a felon in anyplace where there is any kind of weapon, or ammo, that shoots a projectile the felon can be charged with the crime. You just stated he had a shotgun shell…there is his violation right there. The pics also show several handguns and if he were there he will be charged with them as well. Such is the life of a felon.

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 4:34 pm
    • If people would do the right thing and not be junkies thaN you wouldn’t have to worry about what is in a news article. Lol. Man, lock them all up. No good for society.

Monday, 27 February 2017, 11:35 am
    • Harley was the victim. Kristi n family don’t need hash criticism on what happened. I saw and heard this shit go down and it was horrible. .I still am very much upset..Give the family respect and keep your smart comments to yourself..Drugs are all around..doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have a dog..Harleys was a family member, now gone.. R I.P

Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 10:12 am
      • Take care Kristi and focus on those close to u..

Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 10:24 am