Man Assaults Military Veterans with Shotgun, Tries to Run Over Sheriff’s Deputy

SPRING HILL – Chaos erupted on Spring Hill Drive today, after a man threatened several people with a shotgun and nearly ran over a Sheriff’s Deputy.

According to official, around 1:30 p.m. a  male suspect pulled next to a pickup truck that was stopped in the westbound turn lane of Mariner Blvd at Spring Hill Drive, and began screaming at two men inside the truck. Officials say the suspect, later identified as 35-year-old Adam Michael Goodman of Hudson, yelled “You’re all traitors and you better change your lifestyle.” Goodman then pointed a loaded shotgun at the victims and said “Don’t you do it or I’ll take you out.” Goodman then fled westbound on Spring Hill Drive and the victims called 911 and followed the suspect from a distance.

Officials say deputies responded from both directions of Spring Hill Drive and eventually caught up with the Goodman at Waterfall Drive, where he stopped for a short time. When deputies began to approach the vehicle, a rented white Chrysler 300, he pointed the shotgun at deputies and continued to flee westbound. Deputies laid down spike strips at Deltona Blvd but as Goodman approached the intersection he swerved and intentionally tried to strike a deputy. Officials say Goodman came so close to hitting the deputy that he was forced to jump over the hood of a patrol car.

Deputies continued the chase until Goodman’s vehicle became inoperable in front of the shopping plaza at Kass Circle. At that point Goodman surrendered and was taken into custody without further incident.

We spoke to two victims, Mark Thomas, a military veteran and former police officer, and Paul Harter, also a military veteran and driver of the pickup truck, who say they believe Goodman targeted them because they are military veterans. Harter says “He pointed at me because I have the symbols on my back window and because I was ex-military.” Harter’s pickup truck has several military stickers in the back window and a Navy vehicle tag.

Officials say Goodman never fired the weapon and there are no reports of injuries.

Goodman will be charged with 3-counts of aggravated assault, 2-counts of aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer, possession of marijuana, and resisting without violence, after he spit on medical staff at a local hospital. Goodman was transported to the hospital for evaluation before being booked into the Hernando County Jail.

Officials say Goodman has a history of violence against law enforcement.

Investigators are still trying to determine what caused Goodman to go on a violent rampage.

goodman

vet-1 vet-2 vet-3 vet-4 vet-5

Comments
  • Two things:
    1. Some of you here need a serious spelling and grammar refresher course. I guess this is the result of a decade of the participation trophy generation going through schools and never being exposed to anything that makes them uncomfortable (like being told you suck at the English language)
    2. Conceal carry. This is the gunshine state people. Point a shotgun at me and you’re meeting your maker courtesy Smith & Wesson and my favorite hollow point ammunition.

Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 8:01 pm
  • After reading all the reactions here I realize that the black people in our counties will stick up for there own, and the whites will do the same..I geuss it’s about time to sit back and read all of the all the feed back on these news stories and if you really want to reply, think about if you think your reply will be taken seriously. The drugs are running rampant in our countys. People getting there cars broken into to support there addiction. I think the only way to prevent this and protecting our seniors and all our citizens is not giving them another chance to ruin some ones life by stealing there personal identification or stealing there Pocket books or pointing a loaded gun at citizens,should be put away in our state jail’s with people that they can relate to. Junkies drifters, felons etc.
    Let them find god in jail and good luck with that.
    Deport all the illegals fast. Get them out of are country fast.Give them the required forms to fill out and if they qualify no problem. Let them in.
    Go TRUMP. We love you .Keep up the good work.

Monday, 27 February 2017, 9:19 pm
  • So how does an ex felon get a shot gun?

Monday, 27 February 2017, 11:42 am
  • LOL all I can say is WOW. How old are all of you? funny how a story can be turned in so many directions and fight among each other when no one really addressed the issue. It does not matter why he did it .. he had a loaded gun and threatened lives. Needs to be taken off the street and put in a place where he can no longer threaten a life or hurt anyone else. Come on people open your eyes. most of you all lost track of the issue in hand. now who are the idiots. Correct all of you that replied in a foolish way. Yes now go ahead and bash me and i will laugh and not reply to the childish comments because they are not worthy of a reply.

Monday, 27 February 2017, 11:03 am
    • Hey Shame On You
      You really sound like a real screw ball. Hope you get some much needed Mental Health counseling. Sound like you really need it.

Monday, 27 February 2017, 6:15 pm
    • Shame on you .
      Why are you sticking for this piece of sh_t. I really would like to know. Maybe you have no life and inter action with people and this is your only outlet. Sounds like that.

Monday, 27 February 2017, 7:26 pm
  • ….can’t wait to see outcome.

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 9:57 pm
  • guy driving down the road pointing a shotgun at strangers and trying to kill deputies and theres people that think he just needs some hugs.. oh the humanity.. thankfully this ended with out serious injury.. nice chatting with you on scene tom. take care.

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 9:00 pm
  • Becky – because this guy gave you a big hug, you think he’s the kind of man most men want to be?? Are you fricken serious??

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 10:46 am
  • Just another day in Hernando County:(

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 8:52 am
  • Thank you to all of our sheriff’s deputies,, and to all of the 1st responders. God bless you all. Stay safe.

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 8:45 am
  • I thank God he protected these veterans and these deputies. Be careful out there Deputies. And go home safe.

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 8:01 am
  • point a shot gun at leo, try to run down leo, why is this piece of sh*t still breathing?

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 4:13 am
  • Adam.. is and was a very nice calm person. This situation is completely from a mental health issue…not drugs, not scum, not worthless. There are many people in the world that can fit the scumbag of the year award, but not him. In no way am I condoning what has happened, and thank God no one was hurt, but before everyone jumps to judgement…there are underlying causes to this that are not caused by the norm you read everyday. I hope that Adam can get the help he needs, and again am grateful that no one was hurt. Sometimes people there is a real life story behind the story you read.

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 12:51 am
    • Very sorry to hear your taking the I can’t help it mother aproch for this piece of sh_t. He could of killed three people or did you forget that part. You better wake up and smell the roses. There are people on are streets that school be behind bars. The court gives them low bonds and here we go again. I carry at all times and if anything like that goes down towards me or my family I will shoot to kill. No doubt about it.

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 9:55 pm
  • How does that POS have a shotgun and a rental car? 2 things I can’t afford working 40+ hrs a week and going to school full time.well, whatever, but I.hope they lock his up for so long, hell be too old to give a when he gets out

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 11:40 pm
  • He was a person of color GK He was white & Your point is????????

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 9:49 pm
  • Are you kidding me. No one can be that ugly. Wish he pulled up next to me so I could unload my Ruger 6 shot 357 into his ugly. One veteran to another, I don’t plan on taking any **** or being threatened by these sum bags down here in Hernando, Pasco, or Citrus. You pull a gun on me and you will die a very ugly death. You will receive all the fury of my 357 on your high, loser, tattooed funky ****.
    Also your barber sucks. Don’t worry you can get your high lites done a lot cheaper in prison.
    Fu_k you scum bag!!!! I hope you read this in prison in the LGBT bathroom faggott.
    Sweet dreams and sleep tight faggott!!!

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 9:00 pm
    • The cops in the state or Florida do an excellent job. So much scum has infiltrated Florida its unbelievable. These guys are not making a lot of money doing there job, but geuss what, there doing there job and getting results. I hope everyone in the state realizes what these men are up against. Meth is going wild in Pasco , Hernando, citrus. Please, all the citizens in these county’s let Us know when you see something. If it’s animals being abused or children being held in living conditions that a dog could not survive in. Time to step up and let your Pastor, the church or the local PD on what you see.
      God bless America.

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 9:21 pm
    • Wow, Guy, calm down. Say, are you related to Zimmerman by any chance?

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 7:44 am
      • To monsters do exist. If you pull a gun on me you better be prepared to die. I’m not related to Zimmerman. He’s a piece of shi-t. All you feel sorry for the poor guy people out there geuss what you will never help this scum bag. Blame it on drugs or being abused when he was young, geuss what that’s a whole lot of excuses. I don’t care You point a loaded gun at me and you better pull the trigger. Got that.
        MONSTERSDOEXIST!!!!!

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 9:34 pm
        • Gmat, I was not addressing you, so why all the heat?

Monday, 27 February 2017, 9:11 am
  • Nice rental car. How does he pay for it ?

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 8:11 pm
    • He looks like a Meth head

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 11:42 pm
  • The crazies abound here in nature coast!!! I’ve encountered the same sherriff’s office rhetoric as Daisy only it was no noise ordinance. Must be only section of Florida without a noise ordinance.
    But I will give kudos to HCSO for getting this idiot off the streets without veterans, officers or innocent bystanders getting hurt seriously. Now he can visit with his friends in jail & get an even dumber tattoo.

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 8:11 pm
    • Totally agree.

Monday, 27 February 2017, 6:58 am
  • Dear Becky. You need as much help as this thing needs. Remember help is only a phone call away. Start Dialing Becky

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 7:30 pm
  • No matter how y’awl feel about Trump, blacks, etc HCSO thanks

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 7:25 pm
  • Donna I Am With You! Another Perfect Opportunity To Get Rid of Some Trash! I Need To Get Out More Often! Now Lets Here From All The LIBTARDS : )

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 7:22 pm
    • *hear

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 8:31 pm
  • Shut up Daisy dookee you redneck!

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 7:16 pm
    • You shut up Patrick, when you get shot with your grandson in the room while sleeping he won’t have to worry about what the cops do to him.

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 10:17 pm
  • Great Job HCSD !!!!!!! Now if the judge will put him away..

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 6:56 pm
  • We were told by a deputy this week when a neighbor shot his gun off 5 times 20 ft from my bedroom that he has the right to shoot on his own property even if it’s after 11 o’clock at night. No one showed up to investigate. Week before that he started a fire next to our property fence twice and filled our house with smoke. Looks like the criminals have more rights then the people the deputies are protecting.

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 6:34 pm
    • My neighbors have done the same thing. A deputy did come out, but told me to stay inside and watch something funny on TV and try not to think about it. Why are WE forced into our homes by the criminals?

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 9:18 am
  • Lets see what food tray he gets

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 6:28 pm
  • OMG….I’ve seen wild animals that looked less predatory than that man!!!
    I’m so very glad he didn’t hurt or kill anyone….
    Please keep that one behind bars!

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 5:47 pm
    • I’m glad that nice looking pickup didn’t get messed up. Whew !

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 9:48 am
  • Must be angry recourse for that juggalo that got sentenced yesterday! Another turd in the punch bowl!!!

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 5:39 pm
  • Should have been taken to morgue. Point a shotgun a LEO, deserves to be dropped.

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 5:26 pm
    • Donna is a worthless human being, wanting to see a young man who is obviously struggling with his own demons in a morgue rather than getting professional help. When my daughter was murdered two years ago this man gave me the biggest hug a mother could receive, have known him for years and he is the man a lot of men wish they were.

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 6:25 pm
      • Not me Becky

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 7:58 pm
      • i agree with Donna. you shouldn’t get a second or third chance to kill a cop. clearly a case of poor mental health!

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 8:00 pm
      • No, Becky, he is obviously possessed by demons and needs to be locked in a rubber room!

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 7:42 am
      • hmmmm and who murdered your daughter? did you forgive them and give him a big hug maybe just needed professional help…some people are beyond stupid!!!

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 12:17 pm
    • If he were a person of color, he surely would have been.

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 7:35 pm
      • really??? your an idiot

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 1:06 pm
    • Probably empty.Too stupid to load it…

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 9:45 am
    • All I can say is 1 word. IGNORANT!!!!! That’s what your comment is

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 8:10 pm
  • “You’re all traders and you better change your lifestyle.” Maybe he had a stock trade go bad? Been there.

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 5:19 pm
  • Great job HCSO.

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 5:08 pm
  • This time, I hope he goes to PRISON before he kills someone. It looks like he has had a few free passes, before, that’s why he is out there, now. Good going, officers. Glad none of you were hurt.

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 4:29 pm
  • Glad everyone’s safe. What is this guys real problem? Doubt he was just on weed.

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 4:17 pm
    • I agree

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 1:04 pm
  • why waste tax payers money BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ done!!

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 4:13 pm
  • Good. Another worthless part of society cleaned up. Thank you officers.

Saturday, 25 February 2017, 4:11 pm
    • The young man has mental illness

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 1:01 pm
      • Well I guess he can be a crazy as he wants to be in prison.

Sunday, 26 February 2017, 9:28 pm