Missing Child Located in Local Domestic Violence Shelter After Nearly 10 Days

REGIONAL – Last night RNRF reported that Pasco County authorities were searching for a missing a missing 9-year-old girl, after the biological mother took her from the father’s home without his knowledge over a week ago. (CLICK FOR ORIGINAL REPORT)

Officials now say the woman and child have been found safe but they have not released further details into the case or announced if the mother will face criminal charges.

Prior to the update from officials today, RNRF received an anonymous viewer tip from someone claiming they knew the exact whereabouts of the mother and child. After verifying the legitimacy of the tip we contacted authorities to provide the information we received. Pasco County later released confirmation that the mother and child had been located.

Turns out, according to our source, a Hernando County domestic battery shelter, Dawn Center, has been harbouring the mother and daughter for over a week.

We tried to contact the child’s father, Aaron Puyana, but he has not returned our requests for comment.

Sources tell RNRF that the couple may have been trying to reconcile their marriage when Hooper left with their daughter unexpectedly.

Through our investigation, we were not able to locate any record of criminal or civil domestic violence cases between Hooper and Puyana in Pasco County; however, there are unconfirmed reports that Puyana may have filed an emergency motion to have his daughter returned to his custody.

It should be noted that Dawn Center and many other domestic violence shelters do not require proof of violence to be accepted into their facilities. The facility’s location, like many others, are not publicized.

RNRF will bring more on this story as it develops.

missing-sdfsf

Comments
  • What’s God ….got to do…….got to do with it? What’s God …..but a human fabri-cation….?

Friday, 17 February 2017, 11:34 am
  • Wow, really “Bob”?
    I’ll bet you really excelled in reading compression, didn’t you!????
    MISSING CHILD! HELP LOCATE! WITHOUT A PICTURE??? BOB, ARE YOU CLARIVOINT???

Friday, 17 February 2017, 10:48 am
  • Bob you really did not think that through did ya

Friday, 17 February 2017, 9:08 am
  • Wow. Seems Iike there are some serious issues within this family that are none of anyone else’s business. Nobody needs to know which center she was at. What if the ex is abusive and controlling? She had to of done some research to get this type of help. I think it’s unfair to paint the mother as a kidknapper when really, nobody really knows if this woman is in fear for her safety and her child’s safety. A week at a shelter is not a pleasant experience. Typically, abusers will go to great lengths to control their victims. I hope this family gets some help, for the sake of this child. She is the innocent one in all of this.

Friday, 17 February 2017, 8:35 am
  • I know the mother she works at lollipops she is very nice and a go dancer too

Friday, 17 February 2017, 7:48 am
    • SHE IS BEAUTIFUL LOOKS LIKE I HAVE TO VISIT LOLLIPOPS

Friday, 17 February 2017, 10:42 am
  • Bob, bob, bobob, banana fanna fofob, me my momob, Bob!

Friday, 17 February 2017, 7:25 am
  • You should not show the picture of the little girl. What is there to gain except your usual sensationalism? I suppose you will babble about ” journalist” rights. A little girl man, you really are a waste.

Thursday, 16 February 2017, 11:18 pm
      • Don’t show her? To me it seems u probably would want to show her, so someone um might recognize her. Downing rnrf for doing the logical thing to do, if my daughter was missing I would want her picture posted everywhere humanly possible. Definitely nothing to object to.

Friday, 17 February 2017, 4:38 am
      • Tom you are doing a great job. If you don’t post the picture how can the public help in finding the child. If it were my child I would want that picture posted everywhere. And thanks for the update Tom, so thankful she was found safe.

Friday, 17 February 2017, 6:21 am
    • UHHHHHHHHHH BOB THEY ALWAYS PUT PICTURES OUT OF MISSING CHILDREN !! ETON PATE WAS THE FIRST ONE ON A MILK CArton !!!

Friday, 17 February 2017, 6:38 am
  • Thank God the little one is at least safe.

Thursday, 16 February 2017, 7:40 pm
    • I have been in a domestic violence shelter myself. Painful but truly a blessing. New life and calmer life. Prayers always.

Thursday, 16 February 2017, 8:21 pm